Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 138,073 comments
AC Track Reboot is working on a new version of Daytona.

Is there any thread available to follow up with the status? I searched in f1classic yesterday but got no new results. AFAIK the track was nearly finished but not yet optimized for public? I would die to have a good conversion of Daytona in AC.

Is there any thread available to follow up with the status? I searched in f1classic yesterday but got no new results. AFAIK the track was nearly finished but not yet optimized for public? I would die to have a good conversion of Daytona in AC.

I have your same news. Let's wait.

Thought I'd recognised the name High Force lol. Visited the waterfall on the way up to Kielder Forest couple of years back. Absolutely gorgeous area and some of the roads round there were driving heaven.

For those enjoying the TCL pack, this is another available car (RD / assettoland) that fits well into the bazza TCL pack with a few tweaks.

Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_honda_s800_tl_60_ks_silverstone_6-1-120-13-24-32.jpg

And currently tweaking this... sadly i can't change wheels as way over my pay grade. But is already some fun as got it in the mix.

Screenshot_ford_anglia_1966_ford_anglia_tcl_60_ks_silverstone_6-1-120-14-38-37.jpg

It was because @BombaMat said he was looking for other than the ones he found, that I posted the link to Legion.
I too have Daytona from Terra21 & Jim Lloyd (v1.0) installed and Indy from Lilsky (NAGP), both together with the versions of Legion. Still got to make up my mind which ones I like best.
Legion's Indy seems to have the best environment, but looks rather deserted: no spectators, no waving flags. I already added a couple balloons and a flight of P47 fighters. But it also does have the extra Moto layout.

The fact is, they all feel really empty so it isn't really fun to drive on them

I don't know who is NAGP/Lilsky :confused:

But the Legion one is definitly empty....

Well, this is how the NAGP (North American Grand Prix Sim Racing League) version of Inianapolis (made by Lilsky) looks:

nagp_indy.png

I agree on the emptiness of Legion's version (which is what I wrote in a previous post). But the track surroundings are better/more realistic afaik.
Therefor I have both versions installed.

honestly I appreciate the work of Legion for its tracks but are lacking in many things, dynamic lights, TV cam circuit decent , those present are to put their hands in the hair, if you offer a product must be accurate not left as it is

I have config for this track which was done for the alien racing conversion of this track. It is the same track so just needs renaming to match legions version. Its on discord configs somewhere. The config was by Le Bluem.

Last edited:
Personally I like Legion´s version of Indy a lot. It has a good mix of graphics and performance so I can live without the extra stuff (but it would be good to have that, too..). Since the config is on discord it should be updated by CM automatically shouldn´t it?

For those in doubt, here some High Force screenshots (summer late afternoon, SOL broken clouds).
Legion's Morgan three wheeler (a version that can actually be raced by AI too) seemed appropriate to cruise here:

View attachment 879367 View attachment 879368 View attachment 879369 View attachment 879370 View attachment 879371 View attachment 879372 View attachment 879373
One lap made a believer out of me, not a huge surprised since I knew it was from @Brun, but still, what a track and what a SIM AC is to have those developed for it.
My tactile is saying, that road mesh could be from out in space as it is so real, .it is eerie.:drool:

For those in doubt, here some High Force screenshots (summer late afternoon, SOL broken clouds).
Legion's Morgan three wheeler (a version that can actually be raced by AI too) seemed appropriate to cruise here:

View attachment 879367 View attachment 879368 View attachment 879369 View attachment 879370 View attachment 879371 View attachment 879372 View attachment 879373
I can’t believe this. That is the greatest map I’ve ever driven (street free roam atleast). By a long shot. Unreal how well optimized that map is. How TF is this V0.1??? This is better than some 1.0’s I’ve seen Edit: deleted a part here where I talked a little smack about sim trax. I take it back because I really do appreciate his tracks a lot. And they are free.

Last edited:
honestly I appreciate the work of Legion for its tracks but are lacking in many things, dynamic lights, TV cam circuit decent , those present are to put their hands in the hair, if you offer a product must be accurate not left as it is
Don't forget there's nothing to stop you (or anyone) from improving Legion's tracks (or cars) if you find any of them lacking in any way. He does fantastic work and offers a pretty unique service in adding old and quirky classic cars and tracks to AC (the air-brake Mercs, for one example) so I don't think any of us have a right to complain at all about such a prolific modder who uploads his stuff for free. Track lights, 3D grass etc etc can easily be added by anybody with a config and LittleYing has even made a tool for doing this. Legion's mods are always in beta and improvements by others are welcome ("we are Legion"). And anyway, whenever I've mentioned something that could be changed or needs improving @GzeroD normally does it the same day if he can.
Your complaints would be better directed at somebody like Gilles who blatantly steals content from other modders then half-asses the conversions with a minimum of effort and then has the audacity to charge money for it. And when challenged about it, he basically tells the original modders to piss off.

Don't forget there's nothing to stop you (or anyone) from improving Legion's tracks (or cars) if you find any of them lacking in any way. He does fantastic work and offers a pretty unique service in adding old and quirky classic cars and tracks to AC (the air-brake Mercs, for one example) so I don't think any of us have a right to complain at all about such a prolific modder who uploads his stuff for free. Track lights, 3D grass etc etc can easily be added by anybody with a config and LittleYing has even made a tool for doing this. Legion's mods are always in beta and improvements by others are welcome ("we are Legion"). And anyway, whenever I've mentioned something that could be changed or needs improving @GzeroD normally does it the same day if he can.
Your complaints would be better directed at somebody like Gilles who blatantly steals content from other modders then half-asses the conversions with a minimum of effort and then has the audacity to charge money for it. And when challenged about it, he basically tells the original modders to piss off.

Yep agreed. I can say since i started fudging around trying to change stuff myself i have had more fun than actually driving!

The tools and help are all there.

RELEASE !

Ferrari 312T4 - 1979 by ASR Formula V1.0 (06/01/2020) Free Download
Link:
https://www.asrformula.com/mods/assetto-corsa/free-cars-ac/ferrari-312t4-1979/

Installation notes:
Copy the content folder inside “AC Files” to your AC directory.
Please, be sure to install our custom driver inside “assettocorsa\content\driver”.

;)

A suggestion about the engine sound
I suggest you to replace the sound of the engine by the sound of the Ferrari 312T (obviously using CM if You got it), It's the same engine well known as the famous Ferrari Flat 12.
Obviously and before, try the car without changing it, your audio feeling can be different !

I think there is a sort of "daemon" with this fabulous sound (in real life) because, in my opinion, this sound is not designed as well in AC.

Last edited:
For those enjoying the TCL pack, this is another available car (RD / assettoland) that fits well into the bazza TCL pack with a few tweaks.

View attachment 879423

And currently tweaking this... sadly i can't change wheels as way over my pay grade. But is already some fun as got it in the mix.

View attachment 879424

A couple more that fit in with some tweaking are the Alfa Giulia TZ, BMW CS Alpina, Gordini R8, Isuzu Bellett GTR and the Karmann Ghia just to name a couple. I think I'm up to 42 in the 60-70's. I'm currently working on a "TC Legends" 80's pack too that already has 7 cars so far.
Good stuff and gives a place for these random 60's - 70's - 80's race cars to reside even if they didn't run in the real life series.

Last edited:
A couple more that fit in with some tweaking are the Alfa Giulia TZ, BMW CS Alpina, Gordini R8, Isuzu Bellett GTR and the Karmann Ghia just to name a couple. I think I'm up to 42 in the 60-70's. I'm currently working on a "TC Legends" 80's pack too that already has 7 cars so far.
Good stuff and gives a place for these random 60's - 70's - 80's random race cars to reside even if they didn't run in the real life series.

Yes we think alike, the 80's is my next step. This TCL pack has inspired me, it is my favorite formn of motorsport the classic UK race scene.

https://classictouringcars.com/classic-saloons-historic-touring-cars/

Amongst other cars my families team runs a lovely MG midget.

d97b80dcad397d3daf50406e11847e9f--new-drivers-fathers.jpg

Yes we think alike, the 80's is my next step. This TCL pack has inspired me, it is my favorite formn of motorsport the classic UK race scene.

https://classictouringcars.com/classic-saloons-historic-touring-cars/

Amongst other cars my families team runs a lovely MG midget.

View attachment 879539
Very nice!
Lotus Europa can fit in as well.
The 80's is hard to find cars. There just aren't a lot of 80's touring style race cars modeled for the game. I keep my eye out though. I can share them with you. I'm still working on the BoP. One thing I forgot to mention in making BoP is the ai.ini file. I've found that when driving a car, it may be matched but when the car is an AI, it might take off fast as hell and leave you scratching your head. Values of "gasgain" or ai hints are usually the culprit so once you get the car driving in line with another set, you have to make sure the AI driven car is within range too. Kind of a tedious process actually.

Dont mean to drop an Alabama steamer in the punch bowl but this high force track is just a big road.
I have zero idea what everyones getting worked up on.
you have that buttplug specifically so you dont drop Alabama steamers in the punch bowl. :nervous: you removed it. how can you not be in awe at that road texture/building texture/ trees and flowing hills! That must be the most impressive V0.1 track out there. its like targo flora size with actual optimization, how are you not blown away?! its not just a road! that hurts my feelings. every track is just a piece of concrete, but this concrete is special

you have that buttplug specifically so you dont drop Alabama steamers in the punch bowl. :nervous: you removed it. how can you not be in awe at that road texture/building texture/ trees and flowing hills! That must be the most impressive V0.1 track out there. its like targo flora size with actual optimization, how are you not blown away?! its not just a road! that hurts my feelings. every track is just a piece of concrete, but this concrete is special

See?:lol:
"special concrete". OK.
Gonna take a selfy at the top of Mt Hood with a sign that reads "High Force - Best Beta Evarrr!" :gtpflag:
Again, to me its a free roam in beta. Eesh.

Dont mean to drop an Alabama steamer in the punch bowl but this high force track is just a big road.
I have zero idea what everyones getting worked up on.

So if you don't mean to drop a crap in everyone's toilet bowl, why have you done just that. I mean you're welcome to have an opinion, but a few of us are obviously impressed at just how good this "big road" is, especially for such an early release version.

Personally I like to virtually drive on roads that I've driven in real life that actually look like the roads I've driven in real life and there's a lot of tracks and paid mods out there that get final versions, that are nowhere near as good quality as this is so maybe you enjoy the tracks you drive on and we'll enjoy and comment on the tracks or roads that give us a buzz

Last edited:
All I originally said was not sure whats to get worked up on.
"so maybe you enjoy the tracks you drive on and we'll enjoy and comment on the tracks or roads that give us a buzz"

Right. Opinions. Thats all it was.
Why it gets personal is beyond me.

If I said, as I have on the SuperKart that the modeling is good etc.etc. and gave it praise and someone turned around and said, "not sure what the big deal is".... well then they may think its just another ride. They spoke, no feelings are hurt and they'll probably never drive the thing. Why would I care or be offended?

Yes, its a good beta. Yes.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back