Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 138,073 comments
All I originally said was not sure whats to get worked up on.
"so maybe you enjoy the tracks you drive on and we'll enjoy and comment on the tracks or roads that give us a buzz"

Right. Opinions. Thats all it was.
Why it gets personal is beyond me.

If I said, as I have on the SuperKart that the modeling is good etc.etc. and gave it praise and someone turned around and said, "not sure what the big deal is".... well then they may think its just another ride. They spoke, no feelings are hurt and they'll probably never drive the thing. Why would I care or be offended?

Yes, its a good beta. Yes.

From the author:

The version numbering is totally arbitrary. I nearly went with 1.0 but realised some idiot would take that as meaning finished and start grumbling about stuff. Decided 0.1 might give people a pleasant surprise.

All I originally said was "I have zero idea what everyones getting worked up on."

Why it gets personal is beyond me.

Maybe if you had actually said "not sure whats to get worked up on" instead of "not sure what everyone is getting worked up on" nobody would be pulling you up but the way you wrote it sounds more like a dig at those of us who were expressing our opinion on something that you don't agree with.

EDIT: I like it and you're not that fussed so it's all good and time to move on cause it gets petty otherwise - I'm gonna apologise and carry on making skins ;)

Last edited:
Hey in custom shaders patch settings ive been using the GPU and CPU optimization options, just because ill take every fps i can get in VR. those optimizations dont hurt graphic quality do they? like the optimize meshes, optimizes meshes some more, something draw order. i have almost all of those checked on, i figured they only help with no drawbacks for some reason

Most of my track conversions where done before CSP existed so don't have night lighting.

As for cameras, I never use them so they don't 'turn me on' which means I have never reached the minimum arousal level needed to learn how to do them.
But that is just me, many tracks receive the help they need and releases/announcements are made here or on RD and as often as not are back ported to my conversions 'for we are many'.

The crowds require a skill I'm not sure I have yet. Most donor tracks have billboard crowds that face the camera, to convert them to AC's 'camera facing' is beyond my ken.
I did mange to arrange one crowd group into an X ,looking from above like trees are done, but that was one group and I couldn't work out how to do the remaining 100s in a batch so abandoned that.

I think of it this way, I am not pretending to be Fangio or Mansell when I drive their cars, I am still me but pretending to drive their cars.
Would a crowd came out to see an, overweight past middle age pervert bearded git, race these cars?

Not excuses, just explanations as to why my work reflects the amateur that I am.

Hey in custom shaders patch settings ive been using the GPU and CPU optimization options, just because ill take every fps i can get in VR. those optimizations dont hurt graphic quality do they? like the optimize meshes, optimizes meshes some more, something draw order. i have almost all of those checked on, i figured they only help with no drawbacks for some reason

If you are on a recent build, most of them are checked by default anyway as they are fairly 'tame', but I would recommend only using these defaults for the most part.

CPU- Merge Meshes can make some assets and lights disappear, flatten nodes used to have some graphical glitches associated with it, also would stop some tracks loading, not sure about now.

GPU ones- 'Optimize Draw Order' and 'Optimize meshes some more' are known to create graphical issues.

I suppose if you are running them without issue, there is no reason to stop but these are the ones that create problems and is why they are not by default enabled.

Something that I think would be really cool, but I'm not a modder so I'm not sure how complicated this would be. I think it would be cool to have garages, lots or spaces where we can place our collection of cars and admire them, take some sweet photos, etc.

The way I was thinking about doing it is to create a garage as a track, create the parking spaces in the garage as AI spawn slots (for example, like how it is on the Nordschleife Tourist) choose the cars you want to display as AI cars, and have it so that the AI cars don't move around so that they stay in their parking spaces. And with free roam, you can kinda walk around the garage too.

Thoughts?

You can do this already in the Content Manager showroom. You just have to add cars in the far right tab of the menu :) then press T to move the cars

Hey guys, I downloaded the 1999 and 2000 season skins for the RSS 2000, I wanted to have both seasons separate in the CM car selection screen. I changed the filenames (pic related) and they're separate now, but the 2000 skins are kind of in a random order (also pic related). Does anyone know how I can fix this?

upload_2020-1-6_22-40-15.png

rss 01.PNG

upload_2020-1-7_2-21-33-png.879683
Sneak peak of that new 2018 AMR, that seat said vantage on it before. This car should be pretty cool for the VR users out there. i use VR myself so im trying to do the details with VR in mind. And once Mr B00 gets ahold of this thing and does his skins inside and out it should look way better than anything i can i do

If you are on a recent build, most of them are checked by default anyway as they are fairly 'tame', but I would recommend only using these defaults for the most part.

CPU- Merge Meshes can make some assets and lights disappear, flatten nodes used to have some graphical glitches associated with it, also would stop some tracks loading, not sure about now.

GPU ones- 'Optimize Draw Order' and 'Optimize meshes some more' are known to create graphical issues.

I suppose if you are running them without issue, there is no reason to stop but these are the ones that create problems and is why they are not by default enabled.

At least one guy that explains some setting in CM. The most urgent thing I miss in CM nowadays. No one really knows what exactly which setting does actually. So thank you for that and you are very welcome to explain more specific settings from CM. :cheers:

Hey guys, I downloaded the 1999 and 2000 season skins for the RSS 2000, I wanted to have both seasons separate in the CM car selection screen. I changed the filenames (pic related) and they're separate now, but the 2000 skins are kind of in a random order (also pic related). Does anyone know how I can fix this?

View attachment 879627

View attachment 879628
I understand you want to have two different cars? 2000 season and 1999 season.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/assetto-corsa-car-tuner.13946/
- Download AC Car Tuner from that link.
- Create a "tune" for RSS 2000 mod and give it a name (I'd name it 1999). This will make an exact copy of the car with different folder name. Exit the app.
- Check if there's a rss_formula_2000_1999 folder alongside the original rss_formula_2000.
- Cut 1999 skins from the original folder and paste them into rss_formula_2000_1999.
- Now you have two different cars with their correct skins. You can rename the new car in CM.

Unfortunately, I am working and far from my house.
If nobody will not be able to do it in the next hours, I will put it here by a Megalink with pleasure, when I will be back home... around 6 hours now.

;)

Has anyone ever bought anything from there and if so how fast do the pay mods download?
The answer is... NO, no "super deluxe" fast download !
Yesterday and by chance (I know !), I needed only one request which is not often the case, even with my giga fast connection. :banghead:

;)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back