Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 138,073 comments
well, top speed testing....until my friend, the wall took a look so close to me
Screenshot_bugatti_chiron_super_sport_nardo_7-1-120-17-24-14.jpg
b1.jpg
..jejejej

so you are saying the entire CLK model is getting redone? I never knew it was "bad". I want them to finally release the F1 GTR Longtail!:bowdown:

Yup

I recently switched to full use of SOL (previous version).
Now I 'm satisfied with the settings. Tell me, can do something to save all settings so that after installing a new version of SOL, they are as they are now?
Is the rear lights that light the road during the day fixed in this version?

Not really. Before I'd just screenshot each of the 14 pages of SOL settings, crop and save.
Easier I do now is just record in video starting at page 1 through 14 and tuck it away. 30 second clip.

Last edited:
Which one do you have to alter?
STRUT_CAR=0.25366, 0.54933, -0.04296
STRUT_TYRE=0.07174, -0.13710, 0.01213
WBCAR_BOTTOM_FRONT=0.40769, -0.10955, 0.01423
WBCAR_BOTTOM_REAR=0.40944, -0.12017, -0.27373
WBTYRE_BOTTOM=0.07174, -0.13710, 0.01213
WBCAR_STEER=0.50186, -0.03346, -0.19172
WBTYRE_STEER=0.10565, -0.03757, -0.12586

Aris, in his last youtube did a very good explanation of what caster is and do.

let me get home from work so i can open my CM and those figures to see exactly what ones. its going to be a combination of two that will move the top of the suspention forward or back to give you that angle. ill check asap when i get home. ill pm you as soon as i find out

Update for everyone here who grabbed the Aston Martin AMR PRO by @megolito
It has been heavily reworked by Megolito with new tyres and physics including brake heat ranges with performance curves, front weight distribution correction, low end torque corrections and inertia corrections.
Also 4 new skins which I worked really hard on to get looking as good as I could with my limited knowledge of making skins. Includes Carbon Fibre spoiler, mirrors and rear panel.

Anyways here's some pics just because this beast is so good and deserves a download - the sound is fantastic too.

Grab version 2.0 here https://sharemods.com/0rtvopesyk2a/aston_martin_van_gt12_amr_V2.0.rar.html

EDIT: Skins are now correct so make sure you download the edited link as you won't have the lime green spoiler on the Stirling green version otherwise.
hsuYWER.jpg

KNIxfXG.jpg

Oh my days...... this feels absolutely INCREDIBLE!!
Blown away at what you have done here, it just feels so right, the weight to the wheel with no fiddling is sublime!

Love this, you are a clever guy.

Quick one regards my creations, in car.ini this:
"car polar inertia. Calculated from the car dimensions. Just enter the generic width,height,"

the numbers before it what are they in? meters?
So go online and get cars dimensions and fill it in?

Lol. I just ticked the "use imperial units" box to see what happens and it changes the wind speed to miles :lol:

Yahooo!! All I need now is to change the time from military time to standard...just kidding :lol:

So I'm 25 miles from my track. Real life vs. AC/CM/SOL is pretty much spot on. The moon, sun, clouds temperature and wind. The only thing is the PP filter. The SOL one is way too dark and all the others look bad BUT the one that says custom config example replicates what I'm seeing outside right now almost perfectly.

Good stuff :cheers:
I'll say goodbye to A4S but I think the Deems track skins should still work as long as I have seasonal adjustments turned off.

Oh my days...... this feels absolutely INCREDIBLE!!
Blown away at what you have done here, it just feels so right, the weight to the wheel with no fiddling is sublime!

Love this, you are a clever guy.

Quick one regards my creations, in car.ini this:
"car polar inertia. Calculated from the car dimensions. Just enter the generic width,height,"

the numbers before it what are they in? meters?
So go online and get cars dimensions and fill it in?

All the physics work on this is from @megolito. It's his creation and he has put in the really hard work of making it drive so well.
I only made it look as good as the real thing lol.
Send your questions his way and I'm sure he'll tell you what does what.

Yahooo!! All I need now is to change the time from military time to standard...just kidding :lol:

So I'm 25 miles from my track. Real life vs. AC/CM/SOL is pretty much spot on. The moon, sun, clouds temperature and wind. The only thing is the PP filter. The SOL one is way too dark and all the others look bad BUT the one that says custom config example replicates what I'm seeing outside right now almost perfectly.

Good stuff :cheers:
I'll say goodbye to A4S but I think the Deems track skins should still work as long as I have seasonal adjustments turned off.

That's co cool lol. What is your local track? Also have you checked out this filter - https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/a3pp-beautiful-ppfilter-for-assetto-corsa.24258/
It's one I have installed but not yet tested it out so I can't say what it's like but judging by the screens on RD it looks amazing.

Which one do you have to alter?
STRUT_CAR=0.25366, 0.54933, -0.04296
STRUT_TYRE=0.07174, -0.13710, 0.01213
WBCAR_BOTTOM_FRONT=0.40769, -0.10955, 0.01423
WBCAR_BOTTOM_REAR=0.40944, -0.12017, -0.27373
WBTYRE_BOTTOM=0.07174, -0.13710, 0.01213
WBCAR_STEER=0.50186, -0.03346, -0.19172
WBTYRE_STEER=0.10565, -0.03757, -0.12586

Aris, in his last youtube did a very good explanation of what caster is and do.

i wanted to reply here after some thought just incase anyone els was wondering, but the adjustment is found here
upload_2020-1-7_20-2-55.png The yellow highlighted section is Caster, and i only recommend changing the value with the red line under it, any decimal higher than that starts making very extreme adjustments, The more negative the value the more angle you will get like this \ negative caster, and any value higher than 0.0 will give you positive caster / like that. you could also get the same results moving the WBTYRE_BOTTOM if you already like where the top is placed already. The blue values will move the strut/steering axis sideways closer or further from each other, and black values will affect the length of the strut/steering axis longer or shorter.

i hope i made it clear, its hard to label exactly what your moving because its many components in one that CM just represents as a white line.
upload_2020-1-7_20-16-27.png The line indicated in the photo. That's your steering axis/strut/coilspring/spindle/damper/Stablizer link & more, all in one magical white line

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-7_19-50-16.png
    upload_2020-1-7_19-50-16.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 28
That's co cool lol. What is your local track? Also have you checked out this filter - https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/a3pp-beautiful-ppfilter-for-assetto-corsa.24258/
It's one I have installed but not yet tested it out so I can't say what it's like but judging by the screens on RD it looks amazing.

Laguna. For me, it's all about the appearance of the sun which is why I haven't been using SOL.

This is by no means realistic..

upload_2020-1-7_17-30-10.png

This is much better but still needs work. Well I'll get to twerking and see what I can come up with.

upload_2020-1-7_17-31-33.jpeg

Laguna. For me, it's all about the appearance of the sun which is why I haven't been using SOL.

View attachment 879981

This is much better but still needs work. Well I'll get to twerking and see what I can come up with.

View attachment 879982

That second one is looking pretty good. I think it would be better if you just messed with some of the settings rather than shaking your butt up and down all about the room. There's a big difference between twerking and SIM racing. :dopey:

Last edited:
i wanted to reply here after some thought just incase anyone els was wondering, but the adjustment is found here
View attachment 879972 The yellow highlighted section is Caster, and i only recommend changing the value with the red line under it, any decimal higher than that starts making very extreme adjustments, The more negative the value the more angle you will get like this \ negative caster, and any value higher than 0.0 will give you positive caster / like that. you could also get the same results moving the WBTYRE_BOTTOM if you already like where the top is placed already. The blue values will move the strut/steering axis sideways closer or further from each other, and black values will affect the length of the strut/steering axis longer or shorter.

i hope i made it clear, its hard to label exactly what your moving because its many components in one that CM just represents as a white line.
View attachment 879979 The line indicated in the photo. That's your steering axis/strut/coilspring/spindle/damper/Stablizer link & more, all in one magical white line

I love your posts. I am compiling them in a file to reference.
You avoid BS, that awful thing where you either patronise or make snide remarks like you own the key to the word and you will keep it all secret.
Refreshing how willing and open you are to sharing your discoveries with plebs like me who are trying to do personal fixes for cars...

*EDIT* It works like a charm!

Last edited:

View attachment 879981

View attachment 879982
Now that's a cool circuit to have within driving distance. My local is Brands Hatch. So did the twerking bring the Sun out properly or was it just an ass wiggle too far :D

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back