Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 138,074 comments
Uli
Hi there!
I do not know if this is the right forum.
but I ask.
In my Assetto game exactly one car doesn't work ..... it's the Porsche 935/78 Mobydick !!!!
I have already tried to repair the data via steam ... there was no improvement!
after selecting this car ... starts the game and then goes back to the selection menu ...
does anyone have such a problem?
is there a solution?

need help

Hi mate. I'm no expert, but try sending me the car by PM, I'll see what I can do.
Worst case scenario, I'll share mine with you.

Uli
Hi there!
In my Assetto game exactly one car doesn't work ..... it's the Porsche 935/78 Mobydick !!!!
after selecting this car ... starts the game and then goes back to the selection menu ...

do you have this file?
assettocorsa\content\driver\driver_70.kn5

Uli
Hi there!
I do not know if this is the right forum.
but I ask.
I have already tried to repair the data via steam ... there was no improvement!
does anyone have such a problem?
is there a solution?

need help

Never it with that car or any kunos car, but maybe 'driver is missing'.
That will kick you back. So id look to checking that personally.

EDIT ninja'd

That makes it very weird, as this is a KS original, so integrity check should have fixed it.
I would delete ks_porsche_935_78_moby_dick folder, redo integrity check. that should fix it, what ever it is.
ok .... will try it ... as you described it

Can someone help me to make new view in a car of can do it for me,.. pls pm me...

the cars i can upload them for you...

cheers guys!

edit: nevermind found it how i can do it my self,...

Last edited:
Seems to be an entirely different model to the IXA Project version. This one seems more detailed, although the air-vent surrounds are now polished silver.
Different cockpit instruments to the IXA Project version too, although both are technically correct if you search for images.
This one has an annoying purple texture on the A-pillar in the cockpit and I can't seem to be able to isolate it in CM Showroom.
Also, the exhaust flames are about 12 inches out of position.
Oh, and the active aero doesn't work (it does on the IXA Project one).

Last edited:
Seems to be an entirely different model to the IXA Project version. This one seems more detailed, although the air-vent surrounds are now polished silver.
Different cockpit instruments to the IXA Project version too, although both are technically correct if you search for images.
This one has an annoying purple texture on the A-pillar in the cockpit and I can't seem to be able to isolate it in CM Showroom.
Also, the exhaust flames are about 12 inches out of position.
Oh, and the active aero doesn't work (it does on the IXA Project one).

I got as far as viewing this one in the custom showroom and the carbon fibre texture was all over the place and I can't be having that lol. Even the IXA version isn't perfect but it looks a lot better. How does Velo's version drive?

RELEASED 0.1 BETA
View attachment 880402 View attachment 880403 View attachment 880404 View attachment 880405

GT1 PACKED.

What's New!

-Shaking Exhaust.
-FORD MATECH GT1.
-PAGANI ZONDA R.
-SALEEN S7R GT1.
-SALEEN S7R Shaking Exhaust and Engine.

Bugs.
-Shaders I guess.

DOWNLOAD LINK
-https://mega.nz/#!rfZ0gYbZ!whE0O_EwF2QFQAjBWPs7w5gDaAiO3RldQGsj9mp0pPc

WARNING: DO NOT POST MY MODS IN ANY WEBSITE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
IF U WANT TO. PERMISSION FIRST!!!

This is a great pack, thanks for sharing. I was wondering if you had a car list of what's to come for the GT1 class so I can check what I don't already have? I have a couple other GT1 cars installed and it would be nice to know so I can stop looking all over.

Last edited:
I figured it was something like that. If I would buy a classic (oldtimer) car in Belgium and bring it into traffic, I would receive a totally new number plate (be it that a few years ago special number plates were produced for classic cars older than 20 (or 25 years), unless I decided to keep my actual one.

@safi hellie I tried your Anglia and it's driving fine, being a tad slower around a track than the Hillman Imp which I used as a reference. So it can be perfectly used for racing in the TCL pack. Good to have an extra car.

As for that: I did not like the interior of the TLC Alpine from Bazza and found a (imo) better looking Alpine on the Assettoland site (under Reanult tab).

View attachment 880284

Following the instructions I found here somewhere, I tried to swap all stuff from one to the other, but failed. The car wouldn't load because there was an issue with analog instruments that I could not fix.
@GzeroD helped me (thanks again for that) and fixed the 'new' car.
So, if interested, here it is. It still looks like a rally car, it has a trip master on the dash, co-driver is removed though. It seems to be a little bit slower than the TCL version from Bazza, but I'm fine with that.

https://mega.nz/#!SH4gSSpY!5HH9RIC9QWup2hITaUnOb_dnGcoNOQ0K0As6xCAh7o0

(Wipers work for now, but still need some tweaks).
It's now of my favorite cars from the pack.
I figured it was something like that. If I would buy a classic (oldtimer) car in Belgium and bring it into traffic, I would receive a totally new number plate (be it that a few years ago special number plates were produced for classic cars older than 20 (or 25 years), unless I decided to keep my actual one.

@safi hellie I tried your Anglia and it's driving fine, being a tad slower around a track than the Hillman Imp which I used as a reference. So it can be perfectly used for racing in the TCL pack. Good to have an extra car.

As for that: I did not like the interior of the TLC Alpine from Bazza and found a (imo) better looking Alpine on the Assettoland site (under Reanult tab).

View attachment 880284

Following the instructions I found here somewhere, I tried to swap all stuff from one to the other, but failed. The car wouldn't load because there was an issue with analog instruments that I could not fix.
@GzeroD helped me (thanks again for that) and fixed the 'new' car.
So, if interested, here it is. It still looks like a rally car, it has a trip master on the dash, co-driver is removed though. It seems to be a little bit slower than the TCL version from Bazza, but I'm fine with that.

https://mega.nz/#!SH4gSSpY!5HH9RIC9QWup2hITaUnOb_dnGcoNOQ0K0As6xCAh7o0

(Wipers work for now, but still need some tweaks).
It's now of my favorite cars from the pack.

Awesome !!! thank you! the physics of the car is much better than the one i own, just a little problem, the frame of the right rear light has disappeared and the flames come out next to the exhaust pipe.

Cote Dazur:
That makes it very weird, as this is a KS original, so integrity check should have fixed it.
I would delete ks_porsche_935_78_moby_dick folder, redo integrity check. that should fix it, what ever it is.

tried it ..
Unfortunately it does not work
is it possible that the shaders patch or sol has an influence on it?
all other kunos cars or modding cars work.

only the porsche mobydick not

Awesome !!! thank you! the physics of the car is much better than the one i own, just a little problem, the frame of the right rear light has disappeared and the flames come out next to the exhaust pipe.

Good find. I did not see that before (always driving the car myself).
So I just checked and that frame is indeed missing (it's there in the 'original' car).
As for the flames, they are at the correct sport, but start some 30cm behind the exhaust.
Strange. The missing light frame could have something to do with the removed gear indicator, but I have no idea how to fix both issues.
A similar thing happened when a logo was removed from the dashboard of a GT4 Alpine. It caused brake calipers to show through the bodywork...

Uli
tried it ..

You might try that too. Disable CSP/SOL and see if the car works. It would be a surprise though.

Uli

Not likely.
There is actually no reason, that particular car, if you have just done an integrity check, would not work.
Sorry, I wish I could help, but I can't.:confused:

Uli
Cote Dazur:

tried it ..

Have you had a look through your log files for any clues?

looks like some updates on Rudskogen happened.

Dazzorm just posted this on the Norwegian AC FB

Tried that yesterday, but reverted to the 'old' version I had (with AI fix by Newee). Not sure what Dazzorm has changed, but my fps count was lower than before.

Thanks. Then i wont get my hopes up.
I wouldn't ... :D
It's a shame really because it is a nice track and has great assets, but it needs more 'tuning' and I fear it's not going to happen.
E.g. the road surface looks much too bright and 'clean'.

navi Ford gt90 fixed by me.

fixed the weight and the bhp power.
e18ca67ad9151a6b9c55722b636490dc.jpg

I've had a quick peak, there was nothing wrong with the power in navi's original mod. You've made it produce 720bhp at the wheels, the actual concept car had around 720bhp at the crankshaft and not the wheels. Taking into consideration transmission loss, your edit is producing around 100 more bhp than it should be, it's way too powerful.

I've had a quick peak, there was nothing wrong with the power in navi's original mod. You've made it produce 720bhp at the wheels, the actual concept car had around 720bhp at the crankshaft and not the wheels. Taking into consideration transmission loss, your edit is producing around 100 more bhp than it should be, it's way too powerful.
the car was made to reach 250 mph. As far as i'm concerned there's no data on how much does that car have on wheels. Who knows how much did the car produce on wheels Its a concept car after all. Navi's gt90 felt sluggish. This is what it i have seen when i got it.
2020.01.09-23.42.png

on the other hand the bhp listed in the description is 735 bhp.

You sure about that?? Not when it came to the press driving it. Apparently the wastegates were jammed open on the 4 turbos so it only produced around 400bhp :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
the car was made to reach 250 mph. As far as i'm concerned there's no data on how much does that car have on wheels. Who knows how much did the car produce on wheels Its a concept car after all. Navi's gt90 felt sluggish. This is what it i have seen when i got it.
View attachment 880506
on the other hand the bhp listed in the description is 735 bhp.

You sure about that?? Not when it came to the press driving it. Apparently the wastegates were jammed open on the 4 turbos so it only produced around 400bhp :lol: :lol: :lol:

But there are many web-sites and resources stating that it produced around 720bhp, they all agree on this. It was the 250+ that I think was hypothetical, I dunno, maybe its drag or gear ratios that's stopping this one reaching over 250mph. Your screenshot completely ignores transmission loss. The game engine typically loses 13-15% through the transmission from the crank depending on how each mod is made. This is how you should be looking at the in game figures:

As you can see, at only 13% loss, the car matches pretty accurately what it should. Your edit produces over 800bhp. Maybe look into the drag or ratios to achieve the estimated top speed? I don't think adding power is the way to go. But hey, that's just my opinion :cheers:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back