Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,907 comments
The link i gave has some tweaks already to get it into TCL class. The original has like 380bhp.
But yeah either can be changed and we can work from there.

edit yours is for the ford anglia, we are looking at the morris minor now.

It is. @Turnup asked me for the tuned version of the Anglia to see if he could implement the roll cage into the non tuned version...
Unless I misunderstood his post...

It is. @Turnup asked me for the tuned version of the Anglia to see if he could implement the roll cage into the non tuned version...
Unless I misunderstood his post...

Cool no worries, I think we were both asking him stuff. Poor fella, I am like a dog with a bone, I was onto the Morris minor!:cheers:

Roll cage in the Anglia would be sweeeet.

Roll cage in the Anglia would be sweeeet.

Hence my question :D
Btw: thanks for your extra Anglia skins. Tip was helpful too, I now gave them all their original shiny grill back. I like that more, maybe it's my age :gtpflag:

Edit: I had already over 1000km in the original Minor and I see you tamed this one a bit. But it is still too fast (4" at a small track like Abbeville 2.4km where I tested).

Also a tip: you might want to shorten the names of your reworked cars (I did it myself) because like they are now, the top speed and driven distance don't get recorded in CM. There's a limit to the characters that can be used.

Edit two: according to @leBluem
max length for track (folder-)name: 32
max length for additional layout name: 15
max length for car (folder-)name: 32
all lowercase, latin-digits-underscore, NO utf8- or fancy characters like é or something

Last edited:
Did you try disabling SOL/CSP (as I wrote before) ?

Hi there...
... my problem is solved !!!!!!
The Shaders Patch Version was the reason !!! ...
Version 125 was recommended ......
With version 136 .... everything works as it should.

I would like to thank you for all the help here from the forum.
This willingness to help is overwhelming!
Thanks again to everyone involved.:bowdown::gtpflag::cheers:👍

Hence my question :D
Btw: thanks for your extra Anglia skins. Tip was helpful too, I now gave them all their original shiny grill back. I like that more, maybe it's my age :gtpflag:

Edit: I had already over 1000km in the original Minor and I see you tamed this one a bit. But it is still too fast (4" at a small track like Abbeville 2.4km where I tested).

Also a tip: you might want to shorten the names of your reworked cars (I did it myself) because like they are now, the top speed and driven distance don't get recorded in CM. There's a limit to the characters that can be used.

Edit two: according to @leBluem
max length for track (folder-)name: 32
max length for additional layout name: 15
max length for car (folder-)name: 32
all lowercase, latin-digits-underscore, NO utf8- or fancy characters like é or something

Did wonder why it wasn't recording distance driven in them.
I just lobbed some more weight onto the Morris today actually, got it p/w ratio more in line. Will have a play with it this afternoon.
But i have also been tweaking this one for the tcl70's.

__custom_showroom_1578753675.jpg

As for 3d modeling - I can do anything.
I know how to work in 3dmax and Photoshop. But I 'm not very familiar with the moding tools for AC, I 'm only learning. So far, I 've been able to figure out how to make the track from a clean sheet. RIP several trails from Granturismo 4, and now converting to AC. But I 've already written that this is a long and tedious process. I took a break not to "burn" (when any desire goes missing) - usually because of it people throw such projects. Among the Granturismo trails I 'm working on will be rally. I started experimenting with a combination of uneven roads and rally cars, and I realized that this was not done well in the AU now. By and large it has nothing to do with off-road, it 's a drift at best, but not a rally.
Hey @Turnup, that's fantastic news that you are converting GT4 tracks to Assetto Corsa. As far as I'm aware there are NO direct conversions from GT to AC, only scratch-built lookalikes (that almost always look nothing like the originals).
If I was in your shoes I'd certainly concentrate on bringing the original fictional GT tarmac circuits to AC rather than the rally circuits. I've little doubt that the original tarmac circuits will be orders of magnitude more popular than rally tracks with AC players, and anyway, AC physics don't really lend themselves well to off-road surfaces. There are plenty of dedicated rally sims out there that handle this kind of stuff so much better than AC ever will, and they also have cars that are properly built for that type of terrain. I really have no idea why people try to turn AC into a rally sim when it just isn't meant to be one.
GT4 has a rich vein of original tarmac circuits that AC fans have been screaming for ever since modding became possible, but all that's been produced so far has been pretty inaccurate homages. Proper conversions from the source material is the holy grail for the legions of old GT fans who now drive in AC.
Apricot Hill, Autumn Ring, Deep Forest Raceway, El Capitan, Grand Valley Speedway, High Speed Ring, Midfield Raceway, Tokyo Route 246, Trial Mountain... proper accurate versions of any of these would be absolutely legendary. You'd be a very popular modder if you could nail this.

This should sort it:

https://mega.nz/#!cIojHCrT!uums3IkZffvRl3OjWttRWiHkMaPfc2m6GzzsiMLpVjk

Just replace the kn5, please backup first just in case I have broken something else!
Thanks mate - the mirror is perfect now but the instruments have gone a bit kooky with several of the needles out of position. I reverted back to the original kn5 with the 'bad' mirror to confirm that the instruments were OK before. Weirdly, exactly the same issue is apparent on other versions of the XJ220 in my collection.
Any ideas for a fix? The mirror now looks great, but the dials are definitely glitched.

Thanks mate - the mirror is perfect now but the instruments have gone a bit kooky with several of the needles out of position. I reverted back to the original kn5 with the 'bad' mirror to confirm that the instruments were OK before. Weirdly, exactly the same issue is apparent on other versions of the XJ220 in my collection.
Any ideas for a fix? The mirror now looks great, but the dials are definitely glitched.
Ah that's a shame, like I said 3DSimEd is a right pain sometimes. I'll take a look as soon as I can and see what I can do.

Did you replace all your xj220s with the modded kn5 as I only did the concept and that's the only one with messed up dials.

@norms One thing I did notice with the mirror is it's see through if you look at it in replays/external view when viewed from the back of it and in content manager showroom. As you said it's limitations of 3dsimed for sure lol

Did you replace all your xj220s with the modded kn5 as I only did the concept and that's the only one with messed up dials.
No, just the Concept, and it fixes the mirror but misplaces the needles on a few of the dials.

No, just the Concept, and it fixes the mirror but misplaces the needles on a few of the dials.
"Weirdly, exactly the same issue is apparent on other versions of the XJ220 in my collection." I read that line as you meant other xj220s have the dials issue but I presume you meant the mirror issue lol

As for 3d modeling - I can do anything.
I know how to work in 3dmax and Photoshop. But I 'm not very familiar with the moding tools for AC, I 'm only learning. So far, I 've been able to figure out how to make the track from a clean sheet. RIP several trails from Granturismo 4, and now converting to AC. But I 've already written that this is a long and tedious process. I took a break not to "burn" (when any desire goes missing) - usually because of it people throw such projects. Among the Granturismo trails I 'm working on will be rally. I started experimenting with a combination of uneven roads and rally cars, and I realized that this was not done well in the AU now. By and large it has nothing to do with off-road, it 's a drift at best, but not a rally.
I managed to do something that looks more like a "bad road."
But also it is necessary to make refinements of cars so that they correspond to this. All mods rally cars I tried - don 't look like a rally, there 's something wrong with them. So I decided to deal with it myself. And switched to car moding. I want to do one finished job, on the example of this Ford Anglia. I lack understanding how to work with animations and materials. The problem becomes that all tutorials in English, so not everything and not always clear. And it is very important to learn to work with physics and animation of suspension - there everything is not clear at all:)))) Now passes the rally Dakar 2020. I follow Fernando Alonso 's performance, rooting for Russian and Belarusian crews, which inspires me to revive this handsome man. But so far, I don 't have enough experience for a qualitative transfer from 3Dmax to AC.
View attachment 880804
nice to know about the rally tracks. Those were awesome back in the day!

+1 for the tarmac.
AC does not do rally very well, not the cars and not the tracks.

Me and myself 5 for asphalt:)

......Apricot Hill, Autumn Ring, Deep Forest Raceway, El Capitan, Grand Valley Speedway, High Speed Ring, Midfield Raceway, Tokyo Route 246, Trial Mountain... proper accurate versions of any of these would be absolutely legendary.

For me, these names are not an empty sound. That 's why I work it.
I 've passed all parts of GT since the first, except prologs, it 's almost twenty years.. I understand this very well :)
I tried to make a rip of almost all trails to appreciate the labor intensity. The most difficult thing is the city routes. So about Tokyo 246 immediately I will say - it is if ever there will be, then last of all.
I needed to understand how to do it, develop a methodology for applying scripts and plugins to automate at least some part of the tedious work. Having made a rip of many sections of the route, I then have to assemble a whole from them as a puzzle. Only the puzzle is 2D, and it 's - 3D.. it breaks off a brain! I wasn 't sure it was possible at all - to properly assemble a whole track from pieces. If I tried it in Tokyo - it would end in failure, and the decision that it is impossible. So I began to try not what I wanted to do, but what was easier, what had the chance of success, to understand how to do it, make mistakes and learn from them. The first track I managed to put together, and on which I can already travel to AC - Ice Arena

Not yet ready to show it, аor me now it is a prealfa version, in which (inside AC) there is only a road and surrounding landscape, but it is already 100% guarantee that it is possible, I did it, and very happy with it. The exact route from GT is already in the AC:) There is still a lot of tedious work to be done to add objects (buildings, trees, advertising, people...). But it 's already purely technical work, I know exactly how to do it. Having understood how to properly make rip sections and assemble the track together on the example of a short and simple track, I tried a few more short and simple. And it succeeded, too. And then I started something more serious. That 's why I touched on the rally. When I started driving on this snow track in AC, I realized that I was not satisfied with physics. Downloaded all available snow tracks, different cars.. all not that. Then I began to experiment myself, and achieved an excellent result of sensations for the track. Now I have to deal with tyres and physics...One is derived from the other. In general I myself love asphalt and ring races, mainly historical orientation. But sometimes you want to get distracted, change the subject, something unusual. So do not worry - on the first place asphalt, and legendary routes. Rally is a side thing. I think that trying to model the suspension of a rally car will allow me to understand how physics is arranged in AC, and in the future apply this knowledge for road cars.

@norms One thing I did notice with the mirror is it's see through if you look at it in replays/external view when viewed from the back of it and in content manager showroom. As you said it's limitations of 3dsimed for sure lol

Yeah that's exactly what I was on about, it breaks what appears to be random things! I think it is now fixed:

I updated my original link, let me know if other problems have cropped up!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mod-discussion.307899/page-721#post-12981943

Yeah that's exactly what I was on about, it breaks what appears to be random things! I think it is now fixed:

I updated my original link, let me know if other problems have cropped up!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mod-discussion.307899/page-721#post-12981943

Cool, nice one dude. I'll check it out in a bit and let you know

Edit to mention @Masscot in this too lol

Did wonder why it wasn't recording distance driven in them.
I just lobbed some more weight onto the Morris today actually, got it p/w ratio more in line. Will have a play with it this afternoon.
But i have also been tweaking this one for the tcl70's.

View attachment 880851

One thing to consider when getting the cars to play nice together is the suspension as well. Some of these cars have no rhyme or reason or a pack to fit in with. It seems some of the creators or modders take some of these vintage car mods and slam them down to the ground, stiffen everything up and give tires parameters that work with modern cars. The problem is that they feel like bricks going around the track and they certainly don't match the feel of the cars in the TC Legends pack. (It makes them extremely fast for AI too)

Instead of just lobbing weight onto a car, making sure the car is in a same physics set as the rest of the group will help slow it down too. One thing to look for is outrageous settings in the hundred thousands range. ARB, spring rate, dampers bump, ect. I've found if the values in here are 100,000 or over, you're not going to get the feel of a vintage car. That body roll, loosing the rear end due to abrupt inputs. The AI works off of the same physics engine and they'll have to adapt to the less forgiving suspension as well.

I'm still learning all I can about these parameters. Recently just started using the AI app in dev too also. Control + C (AI takes over car) and the AI app with a car you want to match helps a lot. Especially getting the AI to actually drive the car like a real person. I tried to add a Jaguar E-Type race car to the group and it was a combination of everything in the book. What a pain. It always blew everything away. Had to reduce power, add weight, lift car, loosen suspension and damping, adjust ai.ini. Now finally the car is within the parameters of the group and is banging away right with the rest of them.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back