Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,907 comments
No, it's a ctr3 modified to gt1 spec.
well it looks great, im excited to see that thing in action! the ctr3 is one handful of a car to drive. so i bet the gt1 spec is a little more tame while still being unbelievably fast. i consider myself a decent driver on sim but that ctr3 street car pushes my skill to the absolute limit of my ability. that thing requires patience and respect to drive without crashing

One thing to consider when getting the cars to play nice together is the suspension as well. Some of these cars have no rhyme or reason or a pack to fit in with. It seems some of the creators or modders take some of these vintage car mods and slam them down to the ground, stiffen everything up and give tires parameters that work with modern cars. The problem is that they feel like bricks going around the track and they certainly don't match the feel of the cars in the TC Legends pack. (It makes them extremely fast for AI too)

Instead of just lobbing weight onto a car, making sure the car is in a same physics set as the rest of the group will help slow it down too. One thing to look for is outrageous settings in the hundred thousands range. ARB, spring rate, dampers bump, ect. I've found if the values in here are 100,000 or over, you're not going to get the feel of a vintage car. That body roll, loosing the rear end due to abrupt inputs. The AI works off of the same physics engine and they'll have to adapt to the less forgiving suspension as well.

I'm still learning all I can about these parameters. Recently just started using the AI app in dev too also. Control + C (AI takes over car) and the AI app with a car you want to match helps a lot. Especially getting the AI to actually drive the car like a real person. I tried to add a Jaguar E-Type race car to the group and it was a combination of everything in the book. What a pain. It always blew everything away. Had to reduce power, add weight, lift car, loosen suspension and damping, adjust ai.ini. Now finally the car is within the parameters of the group and is banging away right with the rest of them.

Yep good points.

I would love to have a go in that e type.

I have to get ready for a gig tonight but when I get back to my computer, I'll pull it off and send it to you. Probably tomorrow.
One problem with the car is it seems that the model of the car is a tad large. I'm teeter tottering on whether to keep it in. On one hand I want the car in the pack but then you notice that it seems to be larger than it should for an E-Type and it breaks a bit of immersion. Not the end of the world though.

Screenshot_porsche_911_carrera_rs_27_rgruppe_cup_auto_club_speedway_11-1-120-22-30-0.png

AutoClub Speedway from Legion: I did a grassFx config and some billboards very quickly and maybe not that good but I think it is better than nothing.

Note: put the *.ini into ...\extension\config\tracks\loaded - nowhere else! The skins folder goes into the the track folder and then choose the skin in CM.

Feel free to use it.

@GzeroD you may use it for your files, too!

Is someone able and willing to put some 3D palms on the track like in real life? It looks too sterile at the moment.

Attachments

• auto_club_speedway.zip
    216 KB · Views: 77
I have to get ready for a gig tonight but when I get back to my computer, I'll pull it off and send it to you. Probably tomorrow.
One problem with the car is it seems that the model of the car is a tad large. I'm teeter tottering on whether to keep it in. On one hand I want the car in the pack but then you notice that it seems to be larger than it should for an E-Type and it breaks a bit of immersion. Not the end of the world though.

I'll have a look, it was large car though, stupidly long bonnet. I say stupidly, but it is clearly one of the worlds most beautiful and iconic designs.

AutoClub Speedway from Legion: I did a grassFx config and some billboards

Looks good, any track(almost)that gets the grass treatment is much needed, nice lookin boards.
But looking at the dl twice now, getting invalid error.

If your using chrome, you dont need any extensions for dark mode, you just enable it in //flags
Then %100 of all pages are dark, dont need to enable dark mode at RD. Or YouT etc.

Last edited:
Looks good, any track(almost)that gets the grass treatment is much needed, nice lookin boards.
But looking at the dl twice now, getting invalid error.

If your using chrome, you dont need any extensions for dark mode, you just enable it in //flags
Then %100 of all pages are dark, dont need to enable it at RD. Or YouT etc.

I use firefox. There's a dark mode extension but I don't use it as not all sites look good in dark mode. I'm happy being able to do each site individually. Also liking how RD is dark blue and not completely black like a lot of sites.
Cheers anyway

I use firefox. There's a dark mode extension but I don't use it as not all sites look good in dark mode. I'm happy being able to do each site individually. Also liking how RD is dark blue and not completely black like a lot of sites.
Cheers anyway

If your using an extension, might be why some site dont look good. FF has a dark theme built in, no need for an extension.
Also if you use the built in dark modes in the browser and also enable it like at RD, you can get images not showing etc.

wait was there a forza horizon 3 map ported into ac? i remember it being deleted on rd because it was too much hard to handle on lower systems.

Thats not why it was deleted:D

If your using an extension, might be why some site dont look good. FF has a dark theme built in, no need for an extension.
Also if you use the built in dark modes in the browser and also enable it like at RD, you can get images not showing etc.

It's all good. I got my FF setup just right, plus I use a theme across the top so I can't use the dark theme as I'd lose my crows ;)

6QxBgfs.png

would really love to see this New york track ported into ac. It was both in Forza and in gt.

I like the Forza circuit; it actually looks like the City That Never Sleeps. They almost had a race around the 'circuit' inside Central Park (a lovely, swoopy 3-mile natural-terrain layout) in the late 50s.

Thats not why it was deleted:D
forgot was it ripped too?

Set your object shadows in ks editor after exporting from 3dsimed using the object tab not materials. It's annoying and often doesn't save when you reload back through 3dsimed to make changes so I tend to leave shadows until I am near completion and want to drive the car.

Good read on legions blog this morning. Take a look.

Fairly new to AC, I didn't know you could do it in the ksEditor, thank you for the tip. :)

Try to expose centimeters, according to my observations it gives the right scale.
Exports then need to be done in metres. And if you open kn5 with Content Manager - everything works correctly - metres units need both when importing and exporting.

I've tried setting the system units to metres, also the import and export units, now it works fine! Thank you so much for the help!

The Forza one was done by a Japanese modder on YouTube but kept private.

Found it:

Same modder, also private:

and..

I've tried to convince him to release the Forza conversions publicly in the past (he did Prague and Rio too, which seem better optimised than Esprit's versions) but he seems afraid that Turn 10 will string him up by the goolies.
Maybe if we bombard the comments sections with requests..?

On one hand I want the car in the pack but then you notice that it seems to be larger than it should for an E-Type and it breaks a bit of immersion. Not the end of the world though.
I wrote a few posts above about it. Possibly
car was converted from kn5 to fbx to 3dsimed and then imported to 3dmax with units of inches. Incorrect scale turned out... Can you show which version of E-Type you are using?

would really love to see this New york track ported into ac. It was both in Forza and in gt.
City...
If the track from Forza can be opened in 3Dsimed, however difficult this conversion is - it will be easier than from GT. The city 's rip is the hardest thing.

Maybe in this forum there is a person (programmer) who can write a script for 3Dmax? I would articulate the task, what exactly should he do. It would help me do the longest job in a few minutes, and then all the tracks from ГТ4 would have a chance to quickly appear in AC.

Found it:

and..

I've tried to convince him to release the Forza conversions publicly in the past (he did Prague and Rio too, which seem better optimised than Esprit's versions) but he seems afraid that Turn 10 will string him up by the goolies.

jesus that paris street looks like alot of fun, this guy needs to release these tracks. turn 10 could care less aslong as he doesnt sell it. you guys know that already though we should be telling him this. i'm going to use a translator to make it seem like i speak japanese. maybe hell listen to a fellow japan brother.

Hello to all,
I hope someone can help me:
after a long time I go back to playing in Macau but this effect makes me very annoying, with flashing lights and red track, excluded in the shadow areas.
I use CM and I have the csp.
I deleted the ini file in the extension / config / tracks / loaded folder but nothing changes.
On CM the track version is the most recent.
How can I solve it?
Thank you very much

Attachments

• Screenshot_btcc_1997_volvo_s40_macau_12-1-120-10-30-43.jpg
    Screenshot_btcc_1997_volvo_s40_macau_12-1-120-10-30-43.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_btcc_1997_volvo_s40_macau_12-1-120-10-31-23.jpg
    Screenshot_btcc_1997_volvo_s40_macau_12-1-120-10-31-23.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 35
Updated version with visual tweaks posted below in post #21699.

https://sharemods.com/ivz9bsm2e061/alfa_romeo_33_cs_mas.7z.html

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mod-discussion.307899/page-724#post-12983104

If you like the Kunos Alfa 33 Stradale then check out this Corse Stradale version from AL.

Totally different car but not too shabby at all.

33CS.PNG

And if you DON'T like the Alfa 33 Stradale in the first place then please call a doctor immediately because you're probably seriously ill.

Last edited:
Found it:

and..

I've bombed him with a few comments. Paris looks amazing, any idea what it's ripped from?
Would love to learn to convert these types of tracks. After driving highforce and feeling inspired I have returned to working on my Rivington pennines track I was making earlier this year. Weekend gone...

Also, VR users, which pp filter do you use? Been playing around as I had always used the natural oculus filter but I think sol vr is more realistic. Anyone think there is a better one?

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back