Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,840 comments
ALSO,

To help with FPS and that, if you have CamTool installed then make sure you uncheck it before the start of the race.

Even if it’s running in the background when you’re racing it’ll still eat up some CPU during the race. Only use it if you’re gonna watch the replay after the race.

This’ll will save a good few frames in itself

I took no ingame screens till today and need some help. I use SOL and CSP. When using F8 key to take screenshots ingame, mostly the hole car is blurry cause it is in motion. How do you deal with it? Do I have to deactivate motion blur only for screenshots in CM? There are more than one options for motion blur with content manager. Which one to choose and how to take nice screens with not as much motion blur? Would be great to get some tips..

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 27
I took no ingame screens till today and need some help. I use SOL and CSP. When using F8 key to take screenshots ingame, mostly the hole car is blurry cause it is in motion. How do you deal with it? Do I have to deactivate motion blur only for screenshots in CM? There are more than one options for motion blur with content manager. Which one to choose and how to take nice screens with not as much motion blur? Would be great to get some tips..
While in a replay press F5 first to have the camera attached to the car, you can then move the camera to your liking using WASD. You can also use the Photomode app to change DOF & FOV. Just make sure to still use F8 to capture rather than the photomode capture button!

Unfortunately using it with certain replay cameras (or camtool) can cause this rather than tracking properly:

Screenshot_ks_mazda_787b_goodwood_hillclimb_21-12-119-1-58-42.jpg

Just something to be aware of!

While in a replay press F5 first to have the camera attached to the car, you can then move the camera to your liking using WASD. You can also use the Photomode app to change DOF & FOV. Just make sure to still use F8 to capture rather than the photomode capture button!

Unfortunately using it with certain replay cameras (or camtool) can cause this rather than tracking properly:

View attachment 882670

Just something to be aware of!

You can also press Ctrl and left click mouse to focus on the car.
Screenshot_jaguar_mk2_ks_silverstone_13-1-120-9-59-59.jpg

Thanks for your reply. I tried it now. F5 cam works perfect without motion blur on the car. But WASD did not work for me with F5 cam. F7 cam or photomode gives me the WASD back, CTRL+LM also focus on car. But F7 and photomode took very blurry car screens even when focused on car. Where is my fault?

Thanks for your reply. I tried it now. F5 cam works perfect without motion blur on the car. But WASD did not work for me with F5 cam. F7 cam or photomode gives me the WASD back, CTRL+LM also focus on car. But F7 and photomode took very blurry car screens even when focused on car. Where is my fault?

I've had this problem for awhile. If I use F5 only and only the mouse to get the shot I want, then press F8, I get some good photos. Anything else > F7, CTRL+LM, or WASD = blurry car and strangely a very well and in-focused background.

So confusing trying to get some good pictures. Gets annoying.

I love it when I find a little diamond in a sea of dog muck, one of those rare cars where the modder has obviously looked after the details. This Nissan 180SX RPS13 Oldschool 1989 v1.0 by ACW deserves a closer look. It's tagged as a drift car but to be honest I've driven driftier grip tunes. It's certainly fine for racing and actually feels quite nice to drive .
Things that immediately impressed me were the shaders in the cockpit, the fact that proper floor mats have been modelled and textured, that the driver is properly sized and positioned so that his feet actually rest on the pedals (he even has a different bucket seat), and that the roll cage has mechanical joints and actually follows the profile of the dashboard rather than just brutally piercing it like 99% of conversions. Nice job, ACW.

dabadoo.PNG

I love it when I find a little diamond in a sea of dog muck, one of those rare cars where the modder has obviously looked after the details. This Nissan 180SX RPS13 Oldschool 1989 v1.0 by ACW deserves a closer look. It's tagged as a drift car but to be honest I've driven driftier grip tunes. It's certainly fine for racing and actually feels quite nice to drive .
Things that immediately impressed me were the shaders in the cockpit, the fact that proper floor mats have been modelled and textured, that the driver is properly sized and positioned so that his feet actually rest on the pedals (he even has a different bucket seat), and that the roll cage has mechanical joints and actually follows the profile of the dashboard rather than just brutally piercing it like 99% of conversions. Nice job, ACW.

View attachment 882701

Nice, now I can recreate the crash I was in at Castle Combe :D
The 180sx is still one of my favourite Nissan cars from that era. Now if only someone will do a decent 300zx I'd be even happier.

I've had this problem for awhile. If I use F5 only and only the mouse to get the shot I want, then press F8, I get some good photos. Anything else > F7, CTRL+LM, or WASD = blurry car and strangely a very well and in-focused background.

So confusing trying to get some good pictures. Gets annoying.

You need to have this line in "~assettocorsa\system\cfg\camera_onboard_free.ini"

SPHERICAL_COORDS=0

WASD will now work.

Guys, help me please with advice.
I made a racing dashboard for a Ford Alglia.
Animated the tachometer arrow and water temperature.
But they show incorrectly, the position of the arrow does not correspond to the actual data. I can 't understand what and where I have to set up for the tachometer arrow to show 2000 rpm when the engine reaches exactly 2000 rpm (and so on the entire scale)?
Is this supposed to be done in this config?
upload_2020-1-18_19-29-46.png

Besides, rpm arrow moved not smoothly, but step-by-step, surges...
How can you change that?

Is it possible in AC to animate the oil temperature indicator as well?

And I can 't find information on how to make a night light for dashboard gauges that turns on with headlights? Maybe there 's some kind of tutorial?
upload_2020-1-18_19-31-18.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-18_19-29-1.png
    upload_2020-1-18_19-29-1.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Nice, now I can recreate the crash I was in at Castle Combe :D
The 180sx is still one of my favourite Nissan cars from that era. Now if only someone will do a decent 300zx I'd be even happier.
There's a whole bunch of tuned 180SXes in this massive pack I just found. No idea about the quality though!

There's a whole bunch of tuned 180SXes in this massive pack I just found. No idea about the quality though!

Cheers, but I've honestly lost count of the amount of 180s I've downloaded and binned in the past lol. They just all seem to have stupid bhp figures and handle like **** or have drift physics and still handle like **** lol. As much as I like watching a bit of drifting (well if it's the European Drift Masters then I do) I'm just not a fan of drifting in AC cause I can't do it on my controller lol

Cheers, but I've honestly lost count of the amount of 180s I've downloaded and binned in the past lol. They just all seem to have stupid bhp figures and handle like **** or have drift physics and still handle like **** lol. As much as I like watching a bit of drifting (well if it's the European Drift Masters then I do) I'm just not a fan of drifting in AC cause I can't do it on my controller lol
Aye, these are probably ***** anyway.

It's never been really clear where the PP settings are changed on page 4 of that doc... and in the Sol config app, does a red check mark next to things mean 'true' or 'false'?

The tick indicates that it is active. The colour (can be different depending on how you have Content Manager setup), indicates that it is not the default setting. I think i'm correct on both these points!

hey anyone know how to make the active aero work on Velo's mclaren senna mod? do you have to combine models or something cause i really want the active aero to work cause honestly I like Velo's senna better and i would greatly appreciate it if someone could get the active aero on Velo's Senna working

Velo's Aston Martin DB4 Zagato got an update:
Gauges are still the same, but the steering wheels looks much nicer now.

"""NEW update:
UPDATED 17/01/2020 &18/01/2020

New Steering Wheel, Driver position improved, driver seat repositioned, chrome shaders changed, suspension updated, other shaders updated. + Gauge graphics updated, driver skins added, brakes upgraded and interior textures updated."""

The gauges look really nice and crisp now.
Thanks Paul for caring 👍

crisp.png

https://velosmodsworkshop.com.mx/aston%20martin.html

Just wondering if its possible to have persistent odometer in cars. I notice that the ones with working odo resets every time I load the car.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back