Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,902 comments
GT3 cars balanced. I tested them on a few tracks with %100 AI. They are very close (0.8 sec to 1 sec difference in whole field) and standings vary with no obvious superior cars. I'm happy with the results.

Grid preset:
https://acstuff.ru/s/foEl

data.acd files:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/h7u1s6wa571htt2/gt3_bop_data.7z/file
You'll need to change data.acd files with the above link. Just drag and drop, I already included data.acd-orig files in the zip.

I decided to make slow cars faster by changing their weight because GT3 on AC is already slower than real life lap times. Faster Kunos GT3 cars were set as benchmarks. Tell me if you come across any problems.

Full list:
upload_2020-1-30_2-24-2.png

GT3 cars balanced. I tested them on a few tracks with %100 AI. They are very close (0.8 sec to 1 sec difference in whole field) and standings vary with no obvious superior cars. I'm happy with the results.

Grid preset:

data.acd files:
You'll need to change data.acd files with the above link. Just drag and drop, I already included data.acd-orig files in the zip.

I decided to make slow cars faster by changing their weight because GT3 on AC is already slower than real life lap times. Faster Kunos GT3 cars were set as benchmarks. Tell me if you come across any problems.

Full list:
View attachment 886123
Is there any chance of you adding the Toyota FT1 VGT and the GT by Citroen Gr.3 to the BOP list at all?

Why would he add fictional cars to a GT3 field ?
List is a little loose anyway.
I don't know if the Lancer GT3 is real, never could find it.
Jaguar was designed and tested IIRC but I never saw it on track.
I also want to add the Camaro P1 shared but the AI behaves erratic on different tracks. I need to figure it out.

Is there any chance of you adding the Toyota FT1 VGT and the GT by Citroen Gr.3 to the BOP list at all?
The process is quite simple. You should learn how to do it because there's going to be more than a GT3 field that can benefit from this.
Recalculate power from data, recalculate weight in Content Manager. This assures you're using the files data and not what the modder just wrote as a value. Look at power to weight ratio. Match those fairly close. If a car is particularly heavy or light, fix total mass in car.ini. If a car is over powered or under, look in the power.lut and take or give each value by a factor of ten lets say (100 -> 110, 126 -> 136).
Recalculate power and weight and look at your ratio.
You're done.

List is a little loose anyway.
I don't know if the Lancer GT3 is real, never could find it.
Jaguar was designed and tested IIRC but I never saw it on track.
I also want to add the Camaro P1 shared but the AI behaves erratic on different tracks. I need to figure it out.

Lancer GR.3 is not real, F-Type GR.3 only have unofficial render. But again if that Emil Frey Jaguar XKR-S then you good to go
You can put Sareni Camaro https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sareni-camaro-gt3-and-gt-race-car-mod.4849/ and RS 0.1 https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/r-s-01-by-acm-modding-team.17402/ (same engine as GTR GT3 afaik) but not have GT3 BOP

Speaking of Brand New Models while I'm on the topic of that. I managed to get my hands on the dumpster fire known as the Simdream C8r and I have done some optimizations to improve it.

The rear lights now using the chrome area for braking where the actual C8r would use them, and the front lights have been massively brightened as the C8r boasted one of the brightest lights at daytona (Don't worry, it won't whiten out any car or blind the rear view mirrors). Though, an ext_config still has to be done in order to create a ray-tracing like effect to make it appear like the light source is giving off light.

The Michelin Tire Texture has been redone in order to make it more sleek, and bold in color as many racecars tire rubber appear very dark when fresh, adding onto the sharpness and appeal in a racecar's design. Dunlops have also been planned as a choosable option for skinners to use when making a fictional, real, or adaption livery for the car (maybe, just MAYBE a Larbre Competition Design adapted to this car).

For skinning appeal, the option of multiple Antennas/Radio Equipment has been built-in to the new LODs to personalize car coming with a: Default Antenna Set which will always be on the car (a Singular Antenna in the center of the roof, subtle yet flashy), IMSA Spec Radio Equipment (Check the No. 3 Car), A Hood Antenna (Check the No. 64 Car), and a Silver Antenna which goes just in front of the default (Check the No. 58 and No. 59 Car).
__custom_showroom_1580335526.png
__custom_showroom_1580335612.png
__custom_showroom_1580335656.png
__custom_showroom_1580335833.png

The underworks of the skin has also been changed, which now comes with a Fresh, Plain black Carbon Design. To Access the Carbon, or portions of it, cover the areas in which the carbon will show with full alpha using Adobe Photoshop. Here are some quick pictures of the Carbon Finish Below:
__custom_showroom_1580335792.png
__custom_showroom_1580335917.png

The Physics of the car has undergone massive changes as well, being redone from the ground up, bar tyres and suspension, which borrows from the mixture of the URD Detroit's old suspension setup, and the URD Porsche 991.2 RSR Tire Setup. The car boasts a completely new aero setup, capable of making over 1150kg at it's top speed of nearly 285km/h, as well as Optimized Braking Force, reworked gearing, slight changes to drivetrain, Disconnected ABS, optimized TCS, changes to AI and a Brand new N/A Engine capable of making upto 505BHP@5800RPM with a maximum RPM of 6400 respectively (Also comes with a nearly accurate soundmod with Clear and Lively Internals and Externals).

The car has already undergone 15 hours of AI BOP Testing across Singapore GP and Sebring Int'l Raceway against it's other GTE Competitors and results are looking fairly optimistic. On Track Days it remains within half a second of the Performance Benchmark car (The 911 RSR). The car has strong Mid-to-High end acceleration making it a challenge to beat in the straightaways, and very stable grip in high-speed corners allowing the handling to be pushed a little further compared to it's competition, with tradeoff to exits in low speed corners, as it's powerband isn't ideally set-up on that end, so it's best to be wary of competitors coming into hairpins and other various sharp corners. Tire wear and fuel have been BOPed Respectively in order to keep racing close and promote strategy.

As of now, the mod is FAR from finished and I still have to do a couple other optimizations before I could post a Final Version. Although I know it is safe to share the data.acd, I don't know if I'd be allowed to share my LOD edits, as it is a payware mod, and I'm unsure how posting policy would work even if it's just the LODs with no extra pieces that would allow the car to work. If anybody could update me on that, that would be nice.

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1580335917.png
    __custom_showroom_1580335917.png
    129.3 KB · Views: 35
  • __custom_showroom_1580335526.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 32
  • __custom_showroom_1580335526.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 32
  • __custom_showroom_1580335612.png
    __custom_showroom_1580335612.png
    172.4 KB · Views: 31
  • __custom_showroom_1580335656.png
    __custom_showroom_1580335656.png
    183.4 KB · Views: 33
The process is quite simple. You should learn how to do it because there's going to be more than a GT3 field that can benefit from this.
Recalculate power from data, recalculate weight in Content Manager. This assures you're using the files data and not what the modder just wrote as a value. Look at power to weight ratio. Match those fairly close. If a car is particularly heavy or light, fix total mass in car.ini. If a car is over powered or under, look in the power.lut and take or give each value by a factor of ten lets say (100 -> 110, 126 -> 136).
Recalculate power and weight and look at your ratio.
You're done.
I've done it by adding ballast or removing weight and letting the AI run qualifying laps. I probably ran 20+ sessions. Is it the wrong way?
This is the first time I'm trying this but the end results are very consistent.
Lancer GR.3 is not real, F-Type GR.3 only have unofficial render. But again if that Emil Frey Jaguar XKR-S then you good to go
You can put Sareni Camaro https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sareni-camaro-gt3-and-gt-race-car-mod.4849/ and RS 0.1 https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/r-s-01-by-acm-modding-team.17402/ (same engine as GTR GT3 afaik) but not have GT3 BOP
Camaro somehow gained and lost almost a second on different tracks. I'll examine the AI behaviour.
I forgot that R.S 01 was homologated. I'll add it.

Speaking of Brand New Models while I'm on the topic of that. I managed to get my hands on the dumpster fire known as the Simdream C8r and I have done some optimizations to improve it.

The rear lights now using the chrome area for braking where the actual C8r would use them, and the front lights have been massively brightened as the C8r boasted one of the brightest lights at daytona.....................

As of now, the mod is FAR from finished and I still have to do a couple other optimizations before I could post a Final Version. Although I know it is safe to share the data.acd, I don't know if I'd be allowed to share my LOD edits, as it is a payware mod, and I'm unsure how posting policy would work even if it's just the LODs with no extra pieces that would allow the car to work. If anybody could update me on that, that would be nice.

Fantastic, glad you took on the role, look forward to it. Carbon C8 is so nice too 👍

You could safely u/l data.acd and lod edits in a zip. Theres nothing you could do with them without the car, its just providing a file/fix for a paymod.
No diff if someone went in and changed d/f levels etc for a paymod and shared it. Its just a file :gtpflag:

I've done it by adding ballast or removing weight and letting the AI run qualifying laps. I probably ran 20+ sessions. Is it the wrong way?
This is the first time I'm trying this but the end results are very consistent.

Camaro somehow gained and lost almost a second on different tracks. I'll examine the AI behaviour.
I forgot that R.S 01 was homologated. I'll add it.
I wouldn't say there's a definitive right or wrong way if you reach the same conclusion. What I'm eluding to is that if you're going to make a single field of GT3 cars, it's a more permanent solution to do it in the actual data files and can be a quicker, easier solution. Now if you're going to, let's say, run pre 2015 cars at one setting, and post 2015 cars in a different setting, then a different setting all of them together or this one against that one, the ballast/restrictor solution might be what you personally want. We know that as the years have progressed, rules have changed and cars have made more power, weights have differed.

In my personal attempt to keep all of the GT3 cars competitive amongst each other, I copy the data.acd, rename it and modify the data folder so that the power to weight ratio matches. That way all cars can be run against each other while having the ability to retain the original car data at any time. The difference this makes is that when you use cars that are slower than the rest of the field, ballast and a restrictor won't help that car. It's the bottle neck or weakest link. Seeing as this is just a fun simulation, I give them all an equal fair shot even though it may be a tad off of the real life counter part. I'm after close grids, not necessarily trying to match hot laps in the cars depending on them having the exact specs to their real life counterparts (although I appreciate that attention to detail modders achieve like megolito for sure). I will a lot of the time let content manager pick random fields of 20 or so GT3 cars and just go with whatever it gives me in whatever order with whatever skin just for the random variety and I know that whatever it picks, it should be a close race if they're all BoP'd fairly close.

Hi guys! :gtpflag:

Been gone for a while, but atleast I got a new PC (finally!) and everything is working right now, too! I wonder what I've missed. :scared::lol:

I'm currently reworking my mod for some months (Yes, I'm very slooow), to turn into only one model with wheels, which is changed by skin:

Physic is also being reworked, so that the car is more stable (especially at braking) like the other DTM cars.

Great achievement, i've made several pilot skins, i changed the sound of the car and redid the car's geometry. (for private use)
It's certainly one of the most beautiful mods i've ever played... Thanks a lot :cheers:

zkvy.jpg

lsme.png

y7i0.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, is there a list of the GT Planet releases somewhere? It's been interesting to try and find them all throughout the thread. Love you guys' work on the Honda.

The rear lights now using the chrome area for braking where the actual C8r would use them, and the front lights have been massively brightened as the C8r boasted one of the brightest lights at daytona (Don't worry, it won't whiten out any car or blind the rear view mirrors). Though, an ext_config still has to be done in order to create a ray-tracing like effect to make it appear like the light source is giving off light.

The Michelin Tire Texture has been redone in order to make it more sleek, and bold in color as many racecars tire rubber appear very dark when fresh, adding onto the sharpness and appeal in a racecar's design. Dunlops have also been planned as a choosable option for skinners to use when making a fictional, real, or adaption livery for the car (maybe, just MAYBE a Larbre Competition Design adapted to this car).

For skinning appeal, the option of multiple Antennas/Radio Equipment has been built-in to the new LODs to personalize car coming with a: Default Antenna Set which will always be on the car (a Singular Antenna in the center of the roof, subtle yet flashy), IMSA Spec Radio Equipment (Check the No. 3 Car), A Hood Antenna (Check the No. 64 Car), and a Silver Antenna which goes just in front of the default (Check the No. 58 and No. 59 Car).View attachment 886092 View attachment 886096 View attachment 886097 View attachment 886106

The underworks of the skin has also been changed, which now comes with a Fresh, Plain black Carbon Design. To Access the Carbon, or portions of it, cover the areas in which the carbon will show with full alpha using Adobe Photoshop. Here are some quick pictures of the Carbon Finish Below:
View attachment 886105 View attachment 886107

The Physics of the car has undergone massive changes as well, being redone from the ground up, bar tyres and suspension, which borrows from the mixture of the URD Detroit's old suspension setup, and the URD Porsche 991.2 RSR Tire Setup. The car boasts a completely new aero setup, capable of making over 1150kg at it's top speed of nearly 285km/h, as well as Optimized Braking Force, reworked gearing, slight changes to drivetrain, Disconnected ABS, optimized TCS, changes to AI and a Brand new N/A Engine capable of making upto 505BHP@5800RPM with a maximum RPM of 6400 respectively (Also comes with a nearly accurate soundmod with Clear and Lively Internals and Externals).

The car has already undergone 15 hours of AI BOP Testing across Singapore GP and Sebring Int'l Raceway against it's other GTE Competitors and results are looking fairly optimistic. On Track Days it remains within half a second of the Performance Benchmark car (The 911 RSR). The car has strong Mid-to-High end acceleration making it a challenge to beat in the straightaways, and very stable grip in high-speed corners allowing the handling to be pushed a little further compared to it's competition, with tradeoff to exits in low speed corners, as it's powerband isn't ideally set-up on that end, so it's best to be wary of competitors coming into hairpins and other various sharp corners. Tire wear and fuel have been BOPed Respectively in order to keep racing close and promote strategy.

WOW! Looking forward to it. You are a machine!

Hey, is there a list of the GT Planet releases somewhere? It's been interesting to try and find them all throughout the thread. Love you guys' work on the Honda.

Not that I have seen. Use the search bar up top for a car you are interested in and maybe there will be one for download here. I kind of went page by page to find stuff I would be interested in and used the search bar. Others have mentioned that it is difficult to provide a page of all the releases.

Problem was a much too low fps count (and also some issue with weird light reflections at night iirc)
@jk0011 Yes, exactly as Fanapryde wrote.
By coincidence I drove this circuit (2019_spec) last night and then decided to delete it and use the 2018 version from PatrikPat. Are you able to fix the stuttering maybe and upload an updated version?

Thanks.
The difference between 2018 and 2019 is like a light objects.
I think track objects is similar?

I think rework track is heavy class because improve appearance.
This seems that 60fps output while night driving, but replay is all version heavy on my PC.
Should I make both 2018like light and 2019like light?

If there are many track lights and car light, it is difficult to judge for myself.
If it's heavy, delete and forget it. to next track!

Great achievement, i've made several pilot skins, i changed the sound of the car and redid the car's geometry. (for private use)
It's certainly one of the most beautiful mods i've ever played... Thanks a lot :cheers:

The face on the right side was weirdly realistic looking :odd: i have never seen that before on AC

I did all as you instructed but the navigator still don't show
I tried the Levante for wich you gave me the ready to copy settings i unpacked the data.acp with CM i opened car.ini and at the end i copied the lines you suggested that should work with the Levante
I packed the data.acp again (making first a copy of the original file data_original.acp) and launched the game but the navigator is still the default texture
i checked and i have the last version of CSP and all the navigators files are correctly in the configa/cars/common folder
There is something i do wrong? cause i followed your instructions but i tried 4 different cars (2 original kunos and 2 mods) and in none of them the navigator screen shows up

Thanks for the help in advance

Grid preset:

data.acd files:

Full list:
View attachment 886123

Thanks for this.

The good thing about a mod is retesting a forgotten track, car, skin, sound, bug, etc.

(Merci pour cela. Ce qui est bien avec un mod, c'est de retester un circuit, une voiture, un skin, un son, un bug oublié.)

Grid preset:

data.acd files:

Full list:
View attachment 886123

This is a great idea! Thank you very much for your effort! :cheers:

Are you planing to do the same with another car categories?

Grid preset:

data.acd files:

Full list:
View attachment 886123
Thanks for your efforts
The BOP for RSS BMW M6 pay mod would work on the free mod by Guerrilla+Mike Rudland?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back