Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,855 comments
I'm not having any issues with the Honda either; standard acceleration, with both default and alternate gear ratios.

Sorry to hear other folks are having issues, but for me this car was fantastic in version 1.0, and has just gotten better and better.

made a VAO Patch for LA Canyons
2020.02.03-22.34_Trim_2.gif

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/la-canyons-vao-patch.30767/

I still get badly bogged down and crawl away from a standing start while the AI disappears into the distance. What am I doing wrong? I've tried all sorts of different revs. No other paddle-shift car in the game has such a hard time pulling away. It's like driving through treacle until the car slowly gathers some speed. Some GT cars might well have a manual clutch lever on the steering wheel IRL but I shouldn't have to be dipping the clutch pedal just to raise the revs.
Ever accidentally pulled away in third gear with a manual transmission? Feels just like that.
Seriously, for most of you, it's not doing this? I can only assume that's the case as it's not been mentioned, and surely would be the first thing that anybody notices. The car pulls away as smoothly and quickly as the Kunos 488 GT3, does it? If so then there's something seriously amiss with my settings.
Sounds like it's in the automatic transmission mode.

Obviously as a controller user I don't use a clutch and you can ignore me if you want but the NSX takes around 3 seconds or so to get to 60mph. What's weird is it feels like it's really sluggish to initially accelerate and get moving but the numbers seem to tell a different story.

I'm not sure I like the sound in v1.2 though as it sounds a lot harsher to my ears and also there's that annoying squeaking sound which I also get in the BAC mono - not sure what that is meant to represent though.

Automatic would be faster though. I've never driven automatic in AC so it's definitely not that, I always always tip, seq or manual depending on the car.
Does anyone actually use automatic in AC?

I just tried launching with both gamepad and my wheel.

Gamepad launching (auto clutch) 0-100 takes around 3.5 secs probably. Smooth except the feeling of TC which is normal.

Wheel is an interesting one. If I depress clutch quickly like I do in other cars (for example Kunos's GT3) car indeed crawls and takes seconds to even get to moving. Maybe this is what you guys are experiencing? Other cars accelerate fine this way.
But if I depress the clutch slowly I can get to 100 km/h around 3.8-4 secs. Worse time than gamepad but I'm a bad driver anyway *shrug*.
Guys having problem with launch, did you try depressing the clutch really slowly?

Edit: Apparently "depressing" is opposite of what I meant. Not-native speaker problems.

Last edited:
Automatic would be faster though. I've never driven automatic in AC so it's definitely not that, I always always tip, seq or manual depending on the car.
Does anyone actually use automatic in AC?

I cannot say for sure what it is, though I cannot rule out that it is an issue with the car, an end user setting or a combination of both because I have yet to pinpoint the issue. I just happen to be one of the users whom don't have the issue now I gotta somehow create it lol

It took me a while to find that setting for automatic. I did not even remember it being there.
Changed my profile to 'gamer' in CM (it has auto shifter, auto clutch etc) and then the car starts like in @delpinsky video.
In the Pro profile (which I always use), auto shifter, auto clutch etc is disabled.
So it must surely be something in the car related to these settings.

Edit: @portakal: no matter how fast or slow I release the clutch, the issue is always there. Thing is: fast release of the clutch at full revs should end in a massive wheel spin, which it does not.

I just tried launching with both gamepad and my wheel.

Gamepad launching (auto clutch) 0-100 takes around 3.5 secs probably. Smooth except the feeling of TC which is normal.

Wheel is an interesting one. If I depress clutch quickly like I do in other cars (for example Kunos's GT3) car indeed crawls and takes seconds to even get to moving. Maybe this is what you guys are experiencing? Other cars accelerate fine this way.
But if I depress the clutch slowly I can get to 100 km/h around 3.8-4 secs. Worse time than gamepad but I'm a bad driver anyway *shrug*.
Guys having problem with start, did you try depressing the clutch really slowly?

I'm gonna screenshot this as it's probably the only time I'm ever going to see a comment saying a controller is better than a wheel for a mod in AC ;)

Only kidding, but it could definitely be something to do with the Auto-Clutch setting by the sounds of it.

@Fanapryde I use PRO setting but just have the auto clutch enabled...use manual shifting as I can't stand using auto lol

I honestly don't think I've ever used auto shifting or anything other than PRO setting in AC - although I do use auto clutch because I don't have enough fingers for a clutch button on my controller.

Nope. It's not that. I've never driven automatic in AC (and doubt that I ever will), but I get the same exact symptom: it crawls away from a standing start, with or without the clutch (I have a pedal). The only odd thing I noticed: it does that annoying thing that ACC does, where every getaway is accompanied by the sound of the starter motor. Like maybe the engine is stalling and the starter motor automatically restarts it. Hope this gets solved (also, the driver's harnesses are flying through the air above and behind the car, like a "Just Married" balloon).

I'm gonna screenshot this as it's probably the only time I'm ever going to see a comment saying a controller is better than a wheel for a mod in AC ;)

Only kidding, but it could definitely be something to do with the Auto-Clutch setting by the sounds of it.

@Fanapryde I use PRO setting but just have the auto clutch enabled...use manual shifting as I can't stand using auto lol
I use pro preset with the wheel. Bite point is too high, you need to let out the pedal very very carefully.

I used to race with Xbox 360 gamepad for simcades like Dirt Rally and F1. I was pretty good with the gamepad in F1. It took a full month to break my gamepad records with the wheel lol. But now that I'm accustomed to both, I'm faster, and more importantly making less mistakes with wheel.

I'm still faster in Dirt Rally with gamepad but honestly I didn't train much with wheel.

84506257_10157866536184536_9103094514272174080_o.jpg
84913799_10157866552569536_3665301700014505984_o.jpg

Mazda RX-7.3 Mad Mike.
Not really my type of car but those flames alone deserve a mention. Roll on BBQ season!

Nicolas Brunetto, Assetto Corsa Mod Central 24/7

After some fix...time to release guys
Thanks to Marc Hamilton for this incredible car
Thanks to Erik Wispelwey for doing the tire.ini files (and lots other tips)
Thanks to IRT Drift Engineering for the textures flames
Thanks to others guys I could forgot...
Ps need to adjust setup with gear reduction ratios and forceful tyre...better fun
Ps 2 need to fix others stuffs...
ENJOY and forceful tyre...better fun
ENJOY
https://mega.nz/#F!ByxC1YRY!wQH-PpK9Htl5kpkKgGclaQ

Just spotted this nice testimonial from the man himself.
"From MADMIKE: There is no doubt I have the most kickass supporters from all over this globe! I just got sent this MAD creation by Marc Hamilton in South Africa of Gen7.3 #MADBUL so I instantly had to download it and take it for a skid on my Next Level Racing simulator in Assetto Corsa! You guys all ROCK and I really appreciate the time you take to create your artwork, models, RC cars etc etc #ForTheFans #RotangKlan"

Last edited:
I use pro preset with the wheel. Bite point is too high, you need to let out the pedal very very carefully.

I used to race with Xbox 360 gamepad for simcades like Dirt Rally and F1. I was pretty good with the gamepad in F1. It took a full month to break my gamepad records with the wheel lol. But now that I'm accustomed to both, I'm faster, and more importantly making less mistakes with wheel.

I'm still faster in Dirt Rally with gamepad but honestly I didn't train much with wheel.

Only time I've ever used a wheel and pedals was when I tried out a racing sim at Brands Hatch last year lol and I found it quite easy to get quick lap times...but I'm pretty good with the controller now I've found settings that actually feel comfortable and stable.

Funny but I couldn't really get on with Dirt Rally and found it quite a chore to drive well...always preferred Sega Rally :D :D

Nope. It's not that. I've never driven automatic in AC (and doubt that I ever will), but I get the same exact symptom: it crawls away from a standing start, with or without the clutch (I have a pedal). The only odd thing I noticed: it does that annoying thing that ACC does, where every getaway is accompanied by the sound of the starter motor. Like maybe the engine is stalling and the starter motor automatically restarts it. Hope this gets solved (also, the driver's harnesses are flying through the air above and behind the car, like a "Just Married" balloon).
I love the way you describe things.
Flying harness could be solved with updating CSP to at least 0.1.35.

View attachment 887700 View attachment 887701

Mazda RX-7.3 Mad Mike.
Not really my type of car but those flames alone deserve a mention. Roll on BBQ season!

Nicolas Brunetto, Assetto Corsa Mod Central 24/7

After some fix...time to release guys
Thanks to Marc Hamilton for this incredible car
Thanks to Erik Wispelwey for doing the tire.ini files (and lots other tips)
Thanks to IRT Drift Engineering for the textures flames
Thanks to others guys I could forgot...
Ps need to adjust setup with gear reduction ratios and forceful tyre...better fun
ENJOY and forceful tyre...better fun
ENJOY
https://mega.nz/#F!ByxC1YRY!wQH-PpK9Htl5kpkKgGclaQ

Please tell me that first pic is from the real car. If not, I want those flames on every car from now on ;)

WOW!!!!!
hqdefault.jpg

Nope, that's an in-game shot. Mental!

Jeebus - that.is.insane. Shame it's a Mad Mike car as I cannot drift for the life of me but any chance you can work your magic and rip those flames onto something a bit more track friendly - I would try but not sure how you go about doing that.

Only time I've ever used a wheel and pedals was when I tried out a racing sim at Brands Hatch last year lol and I found it quite easy to get quick lap times...but I'm pretty good with the controller now I've found settings that actually feel comfortable and stable.

Funny but I couldn't really get on with Dirt Rally and found it quite a chore to drive well...always preferred Sega Rally :D :D
Dirt Rally is whole different discipline really. Even with gamepad and driving aids it feels different and needs practice. I got into it because I like WRX. And sometimes WRC (until I misjudge a corner and wreck my car, then I rage [no flashbacks gang]).

If you mean the epic Sega Rally Championship, I WAS THE KING OF IT.
d8jn91a-a864b060-c487-45f8-bafe-7283f5f58d9d.png

I have the clutch of my Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals set as a real race clutch (forgot the values but I'm guessing it needs around 20-25 kg pressure).
Try to let out that pedal very, very carefully... :crazy:
But anyway, I have no difficulties in other cars.

Dirt Rally is whole different discipline really. Even with gamepad and driving aids it feels different and needs practice. I got into it because I like WRX. And sometimes WRC (until I misjudge a corner and wreck my car, then I rage [no flashbacks gang]).

If you mean the epic Sega Rally Championship, I WAS THE KING OF IT.
d8jn91a-a864b060-c487-45f8-bafe-7283f5f58d9d.png

Yeah Dirt Rally definitely needs a lot of time behind the wheel (controller) to get right...but I just found it too taxing to enjoy, although I do go back to it every now and again and find it great for 10 minutes or so, until I destroy my car and do exactly as you do and rage quit.

Yep Sega Rally Championship is what I'm talking about....such a great arcade classic.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back