Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,900 comments
It's not Christmas yet, but i have something to propose.
I redid the geometry of the car, i added windshield banner on all skins. I've retexturized the interior (steering wheel and some details), i added tinted windows (from real) i added Avon tires by default, i added new ui description, new badge and logo + 8 new skins and i added some new shader effects. (more metallic effect e.g.) ps: I haven't touched the physics of the car... it was too risky :lol:

Capture d’écran (645).png

lilg.png

64js.png

yj3v.png
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mxv1gpxqwymce0k/bmw_m1_m88.rar/file

Enjoy!

Last edited:
It's not Christmas yet, but i have something to propose.
I redid the geometry of the car, i added windshield banner on all skins. I've retexturized the interior (steering wheel and some details), i added tinted windows (from real) i added Avon tires by default, i added new ui description, new badge and logo + 8 new skins and i added some new shader effects. (more metallic effect e.g.) ps: I haven't touched the physics of the car... it was too risky :lol:

View attachment 887862
lilg.png

64js.png

yj3v.png
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mxv1gpxqwymce0k/bmw_m1_m88.rar/file

Enjoy!
Very nice. Those colours really "pop"

I wasn't around in the various past 'mod' scenes, but I have to say, how AC has evolved over the past couple years is incredible to me.

Couldn't agree more. I've had AC since the Early Access days, but only just discovered the full power of CM this past August, and have enjoyed so much creating series/grids with specific car skins, etc. Decided to start keeping up with this thread in-addition-to keeping up with RD new uploads. Last night, installing that Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII Time Attack car and buying LA Canyons was the best decision I've made recently. Holy crap that was so much fun!

Last edited:
I've been told it's OK to share this - it's the little grassy 'test track' from the recent CSP animations video. It's incredible being in the middle of this lot in VR, it gives a glimpse of what's now possible in AC with the CSP.
Examining the ext_config.ini should indicate how some of the effects were generated. Can't wait to wrap my head around this and get my TV choppers patrolling the skies instead of just sitting there looking bored.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ib2lch4yoa7kixn/animations_test_track.zip/file

Alright guys, the moment you've all been waiting for. Now you can place whatever sound V.12 of the NSX Had with this brand new, custom made, 3.5L Deep Cycle V6 sound that the NSX actually has in real life. Enjoy GTPlanet users!!!

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/honda-nsx-gt3-soundmod.30777/

Very nice indeed!
Bloody loud in the cockpit though - maybe default levels here need tweaking down a tad? Not sure what others think but it seems a lot louder than other car defaults... painfully so..! ;)

Very nice indeed!
Bloody loud in the cockpit though - maybe default levels here need tweaking down a tad? Not sure what others think but it seems a lot louder than other car defaults... painfully so..! ;)

Loud you say? Let me go and compare it to some of my other cars, see if that is the case.

Very nice indeed!
Loud yes, that high pitch whistle (that seems to be present IRL) is going to make me wear my helmet or use earplugs to muffle the sound a bit...

Loud you say? Let me go and compare it to some of my other cars, see if that is the case.

Yeah I have to agree with @Fanapryde and @Masscot The whistle overpowers the sound of the engine by quite a bit, and with headphones on it's proper loud. Sounds much better than the original though but just tone the whistle down a bit.
and yeah external sound is a bit muffled like @portakal mentioned.

Thanks man, great sound. While you are at it, engine sounds on external camera views get muffled if you look right, left or behind.

That is supposed to happen. The behind view is using the approach sound as the car is facing you, and the left and right views are where the sound transitions from approaching to leaving (as that what creates the fly-bys). It'll be the same across a lot of high quality soundmods, not just mine.

That is supposed to happen. The behind view is using the approach sound as the car is facing you, and the left and right views are where the sound transitions from approaching to leaving (as that what creates the fly-bys). It'll be the same across a lot of high quality soundmods, not just mine.
Ah, okay then, makes sense. I thought it was done by mistake. Cheers.

So I compared the volume to some other works and It's no louder than my ST Evo. The High pitch whistle is the transmission sound and as far as I know it's high pitched like that:

It might be the same as your ST Evo (haven't tried that one - sorry) but I still have to turn the sound down when using your mod, which isn't the case for 99% of the cars in my collection. Have you compared it to a Kunos GT3 instead of another one of your own mods? It's much, much louder in the cockpit, I think. Not just 'ooh, a little bit louder' but full-fat 'JESUS H CHRIST louder'. If there's a way for me to lower overall cockpit levels with this car I'm happy to do so - is that possible? I don't want to be turning my amp up and down if I can help it, it defaults to a set level every time I turn it on.
I love the effects, just not the volume.

@DJDialga1 Not so noticeable here though

Well that camera doesn't have the highest quality of audio, so I had to compensate for the lack of sharpness on that end to bring the in-cabin feel to the car, which required me to remove some of the muffle and add a bit of sharpness to make it sound like it's not coming from behind a wall. In turn that meant adding clarity to the transmission sound as well. I'll see what I can do about it for V1.1 of the soundmod, however you'll have to wait a while as my schedule is a bit tight in the weekdays.

It might be the same as your ST Evo (haven't tried that one - sorry) but I still have to turn the sound down when using your mod, which isn't the case for 99% of the cars in my collection. Have you compared it to a Kunos GT3 instead of another one of your own mods? It's much, much louder in the cockpit, I think. Not just 'ooh, a little bit louder' but full-fat 'JESUS H CHRIST louder'. If there's a way for me to lower overall cockpit levels with this car I'm happy to do so - is that possible? I don't want to be turning my amp up and down if I can help it, it defaults to a set level every time I turn it on.
I love the effects, just not the volume.

I also compared it to some of ACFan's GT Car work like his 911 RSR, and Corvette C7.R. It's about as loud as those. However, if the volume itself also bodes a problem like the transmission to a lot of users I will re-evaluate my stance on it.

Thanks @Apexxer , @delpinsky has now fixed the issue and it'll be in the next update.
I tried your tip above to remove the internal reflections from the side windows in @Showmebest66 's Renault Megane RS275 Trophy-R (and S1) by copying the properties from the windscreen (that doesn't have this issue) but it din't work. Wish I know more about this!
It's a nice car but the way the side windows reflect the road is really distracting in VR. Is there a quick fix for this? I tried changing alpha blending to alpha testing but that did nothing.
Maybe if Alex is around he can comment or maybe he has an updated kn5?
Hi there,
Thanks for kind of remind.
Better way - is feedback directly, as request possible update with "fix".
Whatever, such update needed and was planned. This week is good to release it.

I also compared it to some of ACFan's GT Car work like his 911 RSR, and Corvette C7.R. It's about as loud as those. However, if the volume itself also bodes a problem like the transmission to a lot of users I will re-evaluate my stance on it.
Can I ask you how do you lower a sound? Is it only done within the .bank file? I've yet to pop one of those open but have other cars that have certain aspects which seem really loud. If it's just the db level of a .wav or sound file itself, I have loads of audio editing software because I do studio work.

It seems the Fujimi Kaido has been updated today. I saw a previous version back in November. This is the (re)newed one:

You can get it via the discord channel at featured mods as mentioned in the YT video

Can I ask you how do you lower a sound? Is it only done within the .bank file? I've yet to pop one of those open but have other cars that have certain aspects which seem really loud. If it's just the db level of a .wav or sound file itself, I have loads of audio editing software because I do studio work.

Short Answer: You can't

Long Answer: The Parameters for the sound is set when you are building the bank in FMOD. All of my sound files carry the same Max DB of 1, and are edited and positioned in certain ways in FMOD. However, you can't import a .bank into FMOD so youd have to extract the sound files, and essentially redo the mod itself, which would entail technical knowledge of the car, and lots of spatial knowledge regarding sound itself.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back