Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,855 comments
Well if that is correct then that ends the 'debate'. It's pretty much exactly as i see it.
I'll go dig around to see if i can find that original quote.

I'll be honest i am not always sure what people actually think they mean by physics...some folks think it is how the FFB feels.

Not really. Nobody friggin said 1:1, copy paste. But you have to have a data to build on. And of course you cant do 1:1, AC's physics code is totally incapable of doing so. But you have to take as much data as you can and incorporate that into AC's capabilitys to get as close as you can.

That is, if your trying to get as close as possible to achieve what your trying to represent.
Or like sadly, most of the time, just guess.

are you sure you have not mistaken with 959 Dakar?
here is a pic of your car. it's different with your preview
959rb.jpg

i hoped somone updated gtsupreme conversion (

Not really. Nobody friggin said 1:1, copy paste. But you have to have a data to build on. And of course you cant do 1:1, AC's physics code is totally incapable of doing so. But you have to take as much data as you can and incorporate that into AC's capabilitys to get as close as you can.

That is, if your trying to get as close as possible to achieve what your trying to represent.
Or like sadly, most of the time, just guess.

Oh we agree actually then, I am on that same page as you. As close as the sim will allow you to get.
My point is that the GTP NSX GT3 feels good and not totally dissimilar to the actual ACC one.
So they worked with the constraints and got a very good interpretation of the car for a game.
One of the gripes was its grip, which is funny because GT3 cars are about as easy a race car to drive as you will find. They are made for rich gentleman drivers to live out their big man dreams.
With a paid racing driver as wingman to do the real work.

Oh we agree actually then, I am on that same page as you. As close as the sim will allow you to get.
My point is that the GTP NSX GT3 feels good and not totally dissimilar to the actual ACC one.
So they worked with the constraints and got a very good interpretation of the car for a game.
One of the gripes was its grip, which is funny because GT3 cars are about as easy a race car to drive as you will find. They are made for rich gentleman drivers to live out their big man dreams.
With a paid racing driver as wingman to do the real work.

Not really. As close as the mod will allow you to get with what AC's capable of. Hence why I 've asked ya a few times, what physics/geometry are you basing on to get your GT3 Vette "as close as the sim will allow" to drive well?
thats all man, just wondering.

Not really. As close as the mod will allow you to get with what AC's capable of. Hence why I 've asked ya a few times, what physics/geometry are you basing on to get your GT3 Vette "as close as the sim will allow" to drive well?

I think you're both pretty much on the same page when it comes to what you are "debating". Maybe you're coming from slightly different angles? As far as the GT3 Vette is concerned though @P1ButtPlug, unless I am missing something obvious here and if I am I apologise for jumping in, but I don't think it was @safi hellie that is developing or modifying that car? I think that is @Sylana82

Audi TT Coupé 3.2 quattro DSG (2003)
Version 3.0 - 2020.02.11

All the credits for the 3D model go to an unknown converter!

81645720_498638630842350_810616931852746752_o.jpg

CHANGELOG
- adjusted suspension setup
- tweaked aero (ACCR v2)
- corrected downshift time
- tweaked EDL config
- fixed lights
- tweaked shaders
- updated previews
- regenerated LOD files
- moved config file into main folder structure

DOWNLOAD HERE

Solid work, when I compared to the one I had, you improved the physic and the look, made it from ok to really good. Thank you.
One thing you might want to double check is the down shifting, how the rpm are fluctuating feels a little off.

Sorry yes, i think this is where our wires have crossed. I am not doing anything with the vette.
I was just defending the GTP NSX GT3 from some negatives on CSP Discord. Not that it needs any defending, its free. Take or leave it.

Solid work, when I compared to the one I had, you improved the physic and the look, made it from ok to really good. Thank you.
One thing you might want to double check is the down shifting, how the rpm are fluctuating feels a little off.

Thank you very much!
About the downshifts, they feel strange to me too, but I have a PDF stating that the TT has a downshift time of 600 milliseconds, so I had to stick with that.

Thank you very much!
About the downshifts, they feel strange to me too, but I have a PDF stating that the TT has a downshift time of 600 milliseconds, so I had to stick with that.

Maybe it's the time to reach fully released clutch, the value of "POINT_2" in "[DOWNSHIFT_PROFILE]".

Where you find data for car like this PDF?

Last edited:
Thank you very much!

I tried modifying the 600 to something like150 but it did not change the behaviour, it might be something different. In any case not a big deal, just wanted to mention. :cheers:

Maybe it's the time to reach fully released clutch, the value of "POINT_2" in "[DOWNSHIFT_PROFILE]".

Where you find data for car like this PDF?
That value is 711, I left some margin for the clutch release..

I've found that PDF browsing around the internet.. the first fase of modding is research! ;)
If you want I can send it to you in private, is pretty interesting, it goes in depth about DSG gearboxes!

I would say maybe 600 milliseconds is the total time for downchifting so the time for releasing clutch. why whould a gearbox take so long?

I spend time to search but for race cars there is many less infos that for street cars.
Thanks for sharing, I work on circuit and rally cars, not the same gearboxs.

What is ACCR V2 ?

BMW 2002 Turbo (1973)
Version 2.0 - 2020.02.12

Thanks to Navi Street Cars & Pitone for the original mod!

84022645_499208077452072_8737250239380979712_o.jpg

CHANGELOG
- new aero (ACCR v2)
- new engine torque curve
- new suspensions setup
- new tyres v10 (vintage, street, semislicks)
- tweaked car polar inertia
- corrected steer ratio
- adjusted fuel consumption
- adjusted gear ratio to match mod tyre radius
- added visual damage (front bumper and bonnet)
- added deforming bonnet (only with Shaders Patch)
- tweaked shaders
- updated preview
- regenerated LOD files
- fixed lights
- moved config file into main folder structure

DOWNLOAD HERE

Lot exactly like in GTA V. AC leave the car models mostly visible, but without LOD´s you have to race against high polygon car models.
You can see the different LOD´s from a car in CM.
I made some screenshot:
LOD1
View attachment 889874

LOD2
View attachment 889875

LOD3
View attachment 889876

And here the full car model
View attachment 889877

Cars in the distance aren´t so detailed and therefore less fps consuming. :)

I might be blind but cannot see a mm difference. At all.

If you mean the Corvette being a GT3 race car, the car does exist though, it's the Callaway Corvette GT3-R. However, my mod here, is a bit fictional and rather inspired by Callaway because I couldn't find a leaked model from a game (R3E or rF2) nor can I model properly (I have Blender, but to learn it is very time-consuming for me as a student). But I want the Corvette as a GT3, so this is a must for me to bring it in the game. :D

EDIT: forgot some words.
Well at least put in a gt3 seat. :D And maybe someone could help you get a proper steering wheel model. :gtpflag:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back