Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,900 comments
Screenshot_callaway_corvette_c7_gt3r_ks_barcelona_9-3-120-14-56-53.jpg

Just a quick review of the Corvette GT3 Concept from Sylana82.

- Feels great to drive, lots of fun on a GT3 race at Barcelona
- Liveries are good and authentic for any ADAC fans out there
- Looks the business (except for the obvious)
- Working position lights

What could be better:
- Sound is taken from the Corvette road car instead of the C7.R, probably due to RPM differences. Sound does not feel like a race car's as a result. (Do not replace the sound with the C7.R. Trust me, I tried!)

A mod as good as this needs a sound mod in my opinion. I hope someone will work on one in the future.

Thanks guys it's great to have postive feedbacks!
More to come:

The Alfa Romeo Stradale alternative Version:
https://mega.nz/#!DJgH2ajT!p0ImRnfeXnfBLsi1TCvjkYnpg2Z66FsSlaTRHwx784E

View attachment 897823

I have tweaked the physics to match the Kunos version and having a good base.
Redid 4 skins to match again with the reality, according to pictures

Lot of material reworking, including addition of normal Map, Shadow Map
New Lights and working lightsbrake lights, new driver to have the Kunos 60's one.

It's quite comparable to the kunos one ingame.
I have included in it a template much more easy to use.
It's not a big deal but always enjoyable to have some nice eye looking cars

Have fun!

Any comments are welcome, as well any improvments if you post for all
If you have any idea for futur cars to update I'm welcome
Really nicely done! Love the updates you made to the interior textures. Will be driving this one with the Kunos version much more often now:tup:

@Sylana82 Looks really good :cheers:
Was going to try out Fonseckers sound for your c7r but what should I rename the bank file as you have 2 in your sfx folder? Nice work by the way and those skins look amazing.

Edit to say I figured it out by looking in the Guids.txt

Last edited:
Really nicely done! Love the updates you made to the interior textures. Will be driving this one with the Kunos version much more often now:tup:
The chrome is still weirdly dark in this version though. I uploaded some visual tweaks to this 33 Stradale a couple of months ago in this very thread.
Tweaks are:
- re-chromed exterior/interior trim using Kunos satin chrome default values
- stitching desaturated
- cockpit colour-matched paint darkened, now looks less intrusive
- exterior grills lightened
- some dashboard elements lightened
- blue Sparco driver suit added
- other minor visual tweaks
- year designation changed to 1969 to reflect late-model Scaglione revised bodywork as compared to original Kunos version (eg. single headlights)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-post-paid-mods.307899/page-724#post-12983104

33csa-png.881076

Last edited:
OK so having messed about...the encrypted mods you can't repack the data, so yeah, whole thing is in lock down. So i get it now why thye do it.

Honestly though the gt4 pack is brilliant as it goes really well as AI with the shaune Clarke ginetta gt4 and the kunos lotus gt4 plus others.
Having great fun with it. It's been nice to dig out the ginetta and get some races with it.

If somebody can recommend a good fitting sound mod for this car, go ahead, I will update my car then. :)

Rename the callaway_... and delete the syl_callaway_... file. I forgot to delete it afterwards. :ouch:
But wait, Fonseckers sound mod still works on the latest AC version?

No idea lol. Was just seeing if there was another C7 sound and remembered I'd used Fonseckers once upon a time. I will try it out and let you know

The chrome is still weirdly dark in this version though. I uploaded some visual tweaks to this car a couple of months ago in this very thread.
Tweaks are:
- stitching desaturated
- year designation changed to 1969 to reflect late-model Scaglione revised bodywork as compared to original Kunos version (eg. single headlights)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-post-paid-mods.307899/page-724#post-12983104

33csa-png.881076

Wasn't aware of this!
Maybe we could combine the best of our version make the car even better?

OK so having messed about...the encrypted mods you can't repack the data, so yeah, whole thing is in lock down.

Why do you need to repack the data? Leave it unpacked and delete data.acd, or tick the option in CM 'Drive' tab to 'use unpacked data if it exists' (which lets you have packed and unpacked data in the same folder, but unpacked takes priority).
Tip from @GzeroD.

The chrome is still weirdly dark in this version though. I uploaded some visual tweaks to this 33 Stradale a couple of months ago in this very thread.
Tweaks are:
- stitching desaturated

33csa-png.881076
Cool. In my opinion a person can never have too many Alfas ;)

ACFan also has an awesome Corvette sound mod I believe.
I'll try that one as the fonsecker sound doesn't match the rpm of this one.

@Sylana82 Blimey...fonsecker sounds still work. Who'd have thought it lol. I'm quite sure that was one of the first serious mods I ever installed back when AC was still a baby. As good as it sounds it doesn't match the revs of your Calloway and cuts out at the top end so if ACFan's sound doesn't work I'll just keep yours in there for now.
Great to drive and should be a good match for all the other GT3 stuff we've now got.

also just found out that TCR cars are quicker than the guerilla GT4's around a lap which pretty sure shouldn't be right don't know whos at fault though Guerilla or makers of the EATC and other TCR mods, Rollovers i think?

Maybe someone can help me and I have a few mods transparent rims but only when the car is a little further away from the camera (replay) does someone ???????

Last edited:
If only I know how to use that Fmod program to modify sounds :lol:

Thanks for this recommendation.
I've tried this. The sound works, but also stops after 6500 rpm unfortunately :(

It was planned to put that sound here, but same problem as above.
How do you feel about the sounds in Zn5ki's C4 IMSA GTO Corvette? That revs all the up to almost 10K

@deCarrera Couldn't get ACFan's version to work so I'm sticking with the original for now. :confused:
The modder had to do it himself.
You can't replace yourself one by one the sound when the ACfan is coded specifically for the dedicated car.
The only solution to replace yourself one by one the sound is to put the ACfan file in the dedicated car and after switching the sound with CM to the car you decided. ;)

The model is encrypted in the showroom though, that's how that silver and blue monstrosity I posted above was created. If you try to race with it the model is fine and everything works properly but if you try to update the previews or view it in the showroom it comes up as a crazy looking blob.

the only thing you can do to see it "a little better" is to use LOD B, in the face group they explain how.

also just found out that TCR cars are quicker than the guerilla GT4's around a lap which pretty sure shouldn't be right don't know whos at fault though Guerilla or makers of the EATC and other TCR mods, Rollovers i think?

This is actually about right according to this' actually interesting piece regards GT3/GT4/TCR.

https://racer.com/2018/04/03/comparing-gt3-gt4-and-tcr/

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back