Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,858 comments
Thanks for this I've never tried nascar what tracks do you recommend?
Get the PDF here. Get this mod too while you're at it if you like these types of things. In there are links to many great tracks to use with these.
Edit: Oh and to slow them down? These are big boats of steel. You will need close to double the braking zone you're used to. That's part of the fun. In my opinion they brake fairly realistically.

There is a fb group dedicated to nascar on AC. Do a little searching on the site and you will find tons of tracks and cars:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/940405266010495
I might be doing some rework for them on some of their cars. They're trying to get the 2017 cars redone. They have good models but a lot of the stuff is like driving on ice. Seems to be less planted than actual NASCAR cars. We can fix them up though.

Hey, we're after realism, aren't we? :mischievous:
Seriously though, it would be hilarious if you went off track into the cardboard people and they at least went flying. LOL. I din't think it was that crazy. Am I crazy? Am I? Am I crazy? Weeeeeeeee.:dunce:

Attachments

• 2020 03 26 AC TransAm Legends v2.0 Release Notes.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
A few litle tweaks to the Mercedes-AMG G 65 by Norms and I. The car still has issues, but these help to improve things.
THIS WILL OVERWRITE THE EXISTING CAR, SO BACK IT UP IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THE PREVIOUS VERSION

Updated 30.03.2020 to v1.2 by M&N:
- 3D mirrors fixed
- Brakes/ABS improved
- Brake lights added
- Many cockpit shaders/materials reworked
- Cockpit control labels alpha channels fixed
- Driver hand/wheel synch fixed
- MOMO driver suit/gloves/helmet added
- Rev counter fixed
- AMG audio added

Still needs fixing by a good Samaritan:
- All external light clusters/lenses
- Better suspension damping for cornering stability
- Dashboard/seat stitching (alpha channel fix did not resolve this)

CaptureX.PNG

(links updated)
https://we.tl/t-taqVwvJw6c (link available for 7 days)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/29iss0zsvmovr39/merc_g65amg_13.7z/file (link available for 14 days)

Assettoland, feel free to rehost (and even fix the lights and suspension) for more permanence.

Last edited:
Somebody wanted V10 tires for the Lancia 037.
Try these and let me know how they work. Drop data folder into car folder and replace. Make a back up of tyres.ini first. (rename)

Still loosing the rear end very fast, at almost every corner.
Street tires are more easy to handle than semislicks.

Still loosing the rear end very fast, at almost every corner.
Street tires are more easy to handle than semislicks.
Thanks for testing. I'll be able to test more today. I was doing 5 different things last night and with CM crashing every 7th load or whatever, it gets to be much working on cars when constantly loading and quiting and loading and quiting and then restarting content manager because it has a tantrum.

BTW, I found the street tyres more grippy than the semislicks myself the one time I drove it to make sure it at least worked.

Gaaaaaaah! The old driver got left in when swapping data folders with Norms. I thought I'd redone everything. I'll re-up and update the links.

Hi, how can I configurate the AC settings (including SOL & CSP) to improve performace and improve FPS?? (I play AC in a laptop with a g29):lol:

Off topic...

Hi to everybody

I'm a big fan of racing simulations from the Geoff Crammond era and its GP series, through RB Relly and SimBin Studios gems etc ... Then AC came along!
I follow the development of AC from the early build versions to the present day. In various forums I have also followed the development of MOD projects for AC and with RD, this forum is a must to follow! :gtpflag:

To all of you who have contributed, or are contributing to the improvement of AC, I would like to say one big THANK YOU!! :bowdown::bowdown:

AC, with all modifications, will one day, I believe, surpass the successor - ACC

Cheers
Bosko

BTCC 2019 season update released by Shaun Clarke. Get it on his site:

https://shaunclarke35.wixsite.com/website/downloads

Sorry, but I 'm a bit confused, with that name BTCC 2019 season update...:boggled:

First, on Shaun page it is called BTCC mod V2.0

(The previous version was the V1.6.)

The differences in the car list is, that the BMW 125iM is added.👍 (It was available in the old T7R mod)

The cars:
Alfa Romeo Giulietta is not exactly the same body as in real life.
Audi RS3 (is it scratch made model or from Forza?) In V2.0, we got the new 2020 preseason skins :cheers:
BMW 125i M no new skins (nor 2019 Jelly, nor 2020 Jelly and Broadley ) :grumpy: Although that liveries in on facelifted cars.
Ford Focus (this version of the car not race in BTCC severral years., Some car got facelifted chassis in real life)
Honda Civic (yehh... the good old car from rFactor2, why nobody update the front lights and front grill? No 2019 skin for Simpson. Or for Neal in TCT)
Toyota Ave.... NOOOO:banghead: This is not an Avensis, this is the old Corolla from Reiza's Copa Petrobas Marcas game. I can't undertand why is this converted to AC, and why using this model. 💡 Hey modders! Theres is a nice Avensis NGTC model in Forza Motorsport 6, available on 3d sites severeal years. (And Forza contains a good Mercedes BTCC (Rollovers converted the 3d with a cup NA engine...), and BMW but that is nice enought in this mod.)

I hope you don't misunderstand me, I like Shaun's works, I drive a lot the RS3 in V1.6, and Focus in the old T7R version, but I hope some new cars, etc..
I will try it the V2, as I have time. I'm sure it will be good. :)

But why nobody intrested in BTCC modding? Why didn't any modder collaborate with the NextGen Moddign team? (They made Subaru, Mercedes, Vauxhall, new Ford, MG for Rfactor2)

So if any modder interested in touring cars, I have ideas. (Not only BTCC) And maybe I can carry 3D models.
I only haven't got one thing: TIME for (learn to) do it myself. :cool:

We are numerous who appreciate the |Mr|Mike works on his sounds (for most of the VRC products) and for his version of the "Alternative Miscellaneous Sounds".

Here’s to us his version 1.2 with minor changes.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/custom-miscellaneous-sound-pack-by-imrimike.23336/
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/custom-miscellaneous-sound-pack-by-imrimike.23336/
Version 1.2
Very small update fixing gravel and sand events, added a proper distance parameter.

Enjoy ! ;)
——————————
Custom Miscellaneous Sound Pack by IMrIMike.

Alternative common bank featuring new custom, high quality samples for the following events:

- Ambience (only works on tracks that actually use ambient sounds)
- Dirt (will take a while to shake off all the gravel, stones and marbles out of the wheel arches etc. you picked up after going off track or ending up in the gravel trap)
- Extraturf (better known as Astroturf)
- Grass
- Gravel
- various collision samples with the track and cars
- Kerb
- Sand
- Pitstops, more specifically wheel guns (due to the animations being coupled to the wheel change time, not gonna fit to every car. F1 pitstops are way too short for example. Made the best out of it, I think)

Not necessarily meant as an improvement over the stock sounds, just something 'fresh'. Will affect all cars.
Audio levels are about matched with the original ones.
Installation instructions are provided in the ReadMe coming with download.
Make sure to make backups in case you want to revert.

How i can change the sounds?. im noob with sounds.

How i can change the sounds?. im noob with sounds.

When you say change...do you mean how to install or do you actually want to change these sounds?

If you want to install these new sounds do the following.

Make a backup of your assettocorsa/content/sfx folder.

Extract the downloaded file and copy the content folder into your AC main folder.

Somebody wanted V10 tires for the Lancia 037.
Try these and let me know how they work. Drop data folder into car folder and replace. Make a back up of tyres.ini first. (rename)

Hi Beezer,

thanks for your effort. The tyres are good, maybe a bit too grippy for this car. Would it maybe possible, to cjange the into the original format (front 205/55 16, rear 225/50 16)?

probably off topic, but is there something for Automobilista which is like Assettoland? or a place to collects good mods? i picked it up now and i already say its really worth it for the 6€ it is pretty easy to add mods like in AC.

Hi Beezer,

thanks for your effort. The tyres are good, maybe a bit too grippy for this car. Would it maybe possible, to cjange the into the original format (front 205/55 16, rear 225/50 16)?
Therein lies the problem, there needs to be specifications for what the wheels and tires originally are which were missing.
Sure, with those figures, I can produce a different set. I didn't get a chance to test a ton last night, I can do more today. I'm going off of what would be close to what the car would of had but also what the car probably should have felt like. The thing with AC is that you could put tires with the specs of Formula One cars on this car or Fiat 500 tire specs and anything in between. Finding the right balance of performance to realism ratio is what we need to do.
Too grippy tires makes for super quick times but not fun when the car drives itself essentially.

205/55/r16
225/50/r16

@Diego_2497
This nice and gentle boy aka @MrB00 answers you as well, many thanks to him ! ;)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE !

Ferrari F2004 (2004) by ASR Formula - Version 1.23
Release: 27/03/2020
Link:
https://www.asrformula.com/mods/assetto-corsa/free-cars-ac/ferrari-f2004-2004-2/

Changelog:
- Update FFB

Installation:
Please delete all files of any previous versions of this mod !
Copy the content folder inside “AC Files” to your AC directory.
Please, be sure to install our custom driver inside “assettocorsa\content\driver”.

I'm not a part of ASR Formula and no responsible if you got some bandwith issues during downloading, thank you ! ;)

Heads up the RSS Formula Hybrid 2020 has been released! The sound is simply sublime as to be expected 👍

Yes, she is quite the beauty! The carbon fiber on the Halo/cockpit looks so real and the sound is incredible as well. At one point, I actually heard the wheel slightly lock over a bump and actually smiled with the little squeak it made.

Could someone remind me how we can sort out the mirrors in cars with dodgy ones?
cheers

View attachment 904160
If it's that the mirror reflections are flipped, the first adjust each one using BLM Car. This will create a config in your ...Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\real_mirrors folder. Open that config with a text editor and add a line FLIP=1 to each mirror that needs it. Save the config.

I honestly don't think I've ever been called a Nice and Gentle boy :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

On a different note I have finished the Gulf Porsche 917 LH skin. The model is different to some of the images (depending on what web site you look at) so I used a tiny bit of Artistic Licence - basically I improvised a little bit. But yeah I'll post up a link in a mo. And if anyone thinks it needs any more logos or anything is in the wrong place please let me know and I'll change it. This has proper AO map now because thanks to @norms and @GzeroD I now understand what I'm doing :cheers:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back