Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,861 comments
This is a low poly (93k) 3D model, but I wanted this car to be in my collection, so I try my best to make it up-to-date.
Hope you'll enjoy anyway! So here it is:

Renault Sport Clio V6 Phase 2 (2003)
Version 1.0 - 2020.03.31

Original 3D model author is AZN Devil, with an rFactor mod
Orbit4L converted to Assetto Corsa
AssettoPedia made some extensive editing

92044985_528282081211338_6784394073781305344_o.jpg

CHANGELOG
- new enginge power/torque figure (from actual dyno)
- new suspensions setup
- new aero (ACCR v2)
- new tyres v10 (hypercar road, street, semislicks)
- new sound from Kunos
- suspensions geometry from Kunos
- corrected car total mass
- adjusted car polar inertia
- corrected car controls
- adjusted fuel tank position
- corrected gear ratio
- tweaked drivetrain config
- adjusted graphics offsets and pitch rotation
- added working lights
- corrected RPM instrument
- added various digital instruments
- changed driver's 3D model
- corrected main collider position
- added secondary collider for gearbox
- added damage
- various textures replaced
- totally reworked shaders
- added LODs .kn5 files
- tweaked onboard cameras
- totally reworked skins
- added body colored interior insert
- VAO patch (thanks to RealAKP)
- added deforming bonnet (CSP only)
- added working odometers (CSP only)
- exhaust smoke (CSP 0.1.47 or above only)
- PBR materials for glass (CSP only)
- adjusted Real Mirrors to default driver's position (CSP only)
- updated to AC 1.16.3
- updated ambient shadows
- updated previews
- fixed hands and steering wheel out of synch

KNOWN PROBLEMS
- Low poly 3D model
- Fuel arrow is just a texture

DOWNLOAD HERE

Last edited:
Just set-it to automatically update to the latest recommended and roll back to 46.
Remember these updates are experimental, I just stick with the stable releases. Honestly the only reason I use the extensions is for the physics changes and the compatibility for the encrypted cars. For the most part while there are some fantastic additions in features its just too buggy to enjoy, all I want to do is some hotlaps and a championship or two. I while back he said he wanted to a granturismo mode sorta thing, honest thats what I would look forward to the most.

Hang on, someone said it was CM that got updated (and broken) overnight, not CSP. Which is it? Of course rolling back CSP is a one-click deal, but rolling back CM is more involved.

What exactly was updated overnight?

Hang on, someone said it was CM that got updated (and broken) overnight, not CSP. Which is it? Of course rolling back CSP is a one-click deal, but rolling back CM is more involved.

I only got CSP updates.

Hi Beezer,

thanks for your effort. The tyres are good, maybe a bit too grippy for this car. Would it maybe possible, to cjange the into the original format (front 205/55 16, rear 225/50 16)?

Here's a quick tutorial as there seems to be a few questions recently related to tyres and it's a lot simpler than I suspect people realise and pretty much one of the easiest and most important fixes on the majority of mods. I'll use your Lancia 037 in its default state as an example (I'm assuming you have content manager installed for this guide to work...):

1) Download and install (instructions are in the download) the following CM tyre machine generators: https://mega.nz/#!TxEwBCaT!OLWXpKC0_5SkDoB38JZtgFaJST5SI71lK1owaWryMyY

2) Go to content tab, cars and the Lancia and click the replace tyres option, then delete one of the sets of tyres and click save.

3) Now open the car's data folder and tyres.ini -> there should now be a section headed as [__CM_FRONT_ORIGINAL] and [__CM_REAR_ORIGINAL] -> In both front and rear original sections, after the third line down enter a new line and save as follows: RIM_RADIUS=0.216

4) Now go back to CM and click replace tyres again, now click the generate new ones tab in the top right. Chose whichever tyres machine is most relevant for this car, probably street 90s & 80s and drag both front and rear tyres to the left to replace the existing older ones and click save.

5) Open up the CM showroom and go to the car parameters tab, click the boxes 'Align using data' and 'Wheels'. You can now see how the wheels/tyres fit to the data model of the car in game. For this car you'll see the green data is clipping slightly through the floor, so in this case with the CM showroom still open, go back to the data folder and once again open tyres.ini and adjust the RADIUS value under the front and rear tyres sections, when you adjust the value, click save and you'll see the wheel data change in realtime on the CM showroom. For this car change the RADIUS values to 0.305 for both front and rear tyres, then enter the same figures in the front and rear original sections from step 3 above and click save. You'll now see the green outline of the wheels sits snugly against the floor instead of going just through it.

6) You now have a perfectly fitting set of tyres for this car, you can use the generator to create any set of fitting tyres as you please. For this car you'll note that fitting tyres are actually 205/35/16 and 225/35/16 instead of 205/55/16 and 225/50/16, I assume this is down to how the car is modelled, you'll find it's rare that real data actually fits a mod and on most mods, the radius will be different to avoid the tyres clipping through the floor or floating above it.

Notes:

- If the car has incorrect tyre WIDTH, you can change that as well as part of step 3). Also for mods with later version tyres you won't have to insert a RIM_RADIUS line as it will already be there, just adjust the value to suit (some general values: - 0.203 = 15in / 0.216 = 16in / 0.229 = 17in / 0.241 = 18in / 0.254 = 19in / 0.267 = 20in)

- Step 2) is sometimes unnecessary if the tyres.ini already has a original front and rear section. In cases where you only have one set of tyres originally, then replace this with any generated set and it will make the front/rear original sections appear in the tyres.ini which can then be edited.

Lastly, if any of the above is unclear then ask, I've put it as simply as I can but appreciate that everyone has a different level of expertise in these matters. :cheers:

I had a CM update... but I did have it set to 'load untested builds'. Maybe I won't be so brave with that setting after today.

To my knowledge, there hasn't been any CSP updates for a few days.

Anyone else has a problem with Nordschleife Tourist AI - the AI cars are stopping on the road and sooner or later a crash is almost inevitable.
Sometimes. Not sure if it has to do with mod cars or original Kunos? But it seems when I only select KS cars there are no issues. And most of the times mods also go well but a certain car then suddenly seems to stop and the others stockpile.

LOL I've never heard of him before...luckily my credit card is maxed out already

Hypnotoad is a large toad-like creature that has large oscillating multicolored eyes, and emits a droning hum. His eyes glow all the time. The toad apparently uses these as a power of hypnotism on surrounding people and animals.[1] Hypnotoad hypnotizes sheep into a pen at a pet contest and then hypnotizes the judges and the audience into awarding him first prize (see clip below). He is also known to hypnotize crew workers into committing suicide when his show is interrupted and to hypnotize people into writing internet articles about ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
You need to watch Futurama mate. Brilliant animated series! ;)

OK, wires seem a bit crossed.

CM was updated a few times over last week or so after being on one build for like a year nearly.
Since i updated CM i have had issues with it crashing and seems many others have.

CSP is simple click around on any build and pick your favourite.

CM is a one click and you are on it deal....

But like i say, on discord i got the link to the old one via git hub...just a bit scared to click on it encase it removes any settings etc..

...6) You now have a perfectly fitting set of tyres for this car, you can use the generator to create any set of fitting tyres as you please. For this car you'll note that fitting tyres are actually 205/35/16 and 225/35/16 instead of 205/55/16 and 225/50/16, I assume this is down to how the car is modelled, you'll find it's rare that real data actually fits a mod and on most mods, the radius will be different to avoid the tyres clipping through the floor or floating above it....

Excellent guide, I hope more people follow it. Also note, Kunos themselves state that RIM_RADIUS= ; rim radius in meters (use 1 inch more than nominal). So the figures are never going to match real world if the model is made to correct sizes.

It would be handy to have little guides like this stickied, but the way we all use this forum, that's not really viable.

Excellent guide, I hope more people follow it. Also note, Kunos themselves state that RIM_RADIUS= ; rim radius in meters (use 1 inch more than nominal). So the figures are never going to match real world if the model is made to correct sizes.

It would be handy to have little guides like this stickied, but the way we all use this forum, that's not really viable.
AFAIK rim radius is only used when you blow a tyre and sets how that wheel then sits on the ground.

AFAIK rim radius is only used when you blow a tyre and sets how that wheel then sits on the ground.
I'm sure you are right. No Kunos car I have seen has tyres that match the real world car, they are all pretty much the same difference as @GIBBONS explained above. Some mod cars that have exact real world tyre sizes, don't sit right at all unless the model has been modified to accommodate this, then the wheels look too big :confused:

As teased yesterday my next skin is the #3 Psychedelic 917LH from 1970 (and usual it is going to be the race-day car in 8K / 4K), started the work on the interior and got the historically correct base color for the body (it may need more blue though to provide a decent look on track, but I will figure it out during the process).
What happened so far:
- The yellow and the light brown colors have been replaced with light and medium gray (they look darker on the screenshot, thanks to my poor choice of showroom lighting, but they look good on track) - #3 car interior was painted with these two colors
- The color of the seats is medium-dark red now
- I brightened up the instrument panel's fabric cover, this helps with emphasizing the actual texture details there and provides a better match to the real one which looks dark gray-light black depending on the amount of light
- The shift knob is the classic wooden piece now, as used for the whole 917 series with a bit darker tone (in real life they were saving weight with such materials, but you may see these efforts as well if you take a look on the drilled out steering wheel spokes / ignition key)
- Walter Näher's "Porsche 917: Archives and Works Catalogue 1968 - 1975" book is also on the way (should be here within 2-4 weeks) so I will be able to get more detail pictures about the real car (and maybe the #25 as well...) - not promising a fast release guys, but will come

49719372433_8a8a5c1749_k.jpg

Last edited:
Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider 1.01
by Viper

FK6skRW.jpg

Although the developmet of this project took much more time than could be even planed, now it has complete package to get immersive racing experience - good handling, HQ sound, LODs and vintage liveries which are brings atmosphere of '60s racing.

Credits:

3d model - |Viper|
physics - Anton Gruzdev
sound - Pavel Holod
2d, textures, references - Turbina
liveries, ui, additional data - Andy-R
custom shaders patch help - x4fab

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/alfa-romeo-giulietta-spider.31814/

Looks pretty amazing IMO!

by Viper

FK6skRW.jpg

Although the developmet of this project took much more time than could be even planed, now it has complete package to get immersive racing experience - good handling, HQ sound, LODs and vintage liveries which are brings atmosphere of '60s racing.

Credits:

3d model - |Viper|
physics - Anton Gruzdev
sound - Pavel Holod

Is this a new version of the one that was posted here a while back with the floaty handling?

by Viper

FK6skRW.jpg

Credits:

3d model - |Viper|
physics - Anton Gruzdev
sound - Pavel Holod

Scratch-made yet it tries to overwrite the Giulietta Spider from Panda Garage that a few of us worked on to improve a few months ago. The model even looks exactly the same. I guess the uploader is associated with Panda Garage?
https://pandagarage.store/product/alfa-romeo-giulietta-spider-racer/

Edit: ah, looking at the uploader's previous resources it seems he might be associated with Panda Garage. I've asked the question in the support thread.

The million-dollar question: is this one better than the same one that we improved recently?

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back