Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
GPLmania season Part 3!

RELEASE of Laguna Seca 60s, Mexico GP 1967 and two new championships of the GPLmania series.

This time we're going to america and on vacation! GPLmania Part 3 brings you the Cam-Am 60s Special and the Formula One 1967 Into The Woods championships with races on famous american tracks an on long and dangerous tracks with beautiful landscapes.

The idea of GPLmania is to bring together the best historic cars and tracks made for AC in championships that are either inspired by real historic ones or just fun to drive. Part 3 contains all work of Part 1+2.

There will be at least 5 parts, with new championships and new track releases for each part.

All download links are given in the Read Me file in the package. Be aware some of the content is for paid only.

For uses of the Formula One 1967 Special: Part 3 contains a update of the championship, if you're still in the championship skip the updated championship files and install it later.

Overview of all GPLmania championships:

View attachment 1259741

RELEASE of LAGUNA SECA 60s
This 3d-track was made for Grand Prix Legends as 67s version by David Sabre in 2003. It was updated to a 70s version (as 1972 but it's more a mix of 60s and 70s elements) by jpalesi for rFactor. It was converted and enhanced to Assetto Corsa by Legion. It was updated by Rainmaker. Some parts of third modders were implanted.

View attachment 1259742
View attachment 1259744
View attachment 1259745

Changelog:
  • up to 4.5 sec faster AI
  • cams and water shader by DaBaeda
  • new color for the grass
  • changed all shaders
  • modulated shader of the background skybox
  • fixed black guardrails
  • fixed some double sided objects
  • fixed pit lane
  • new UI
  • added loading screens
  • added hot lap starting point
  • added track description by Fanapryde
  • added overlays and ideal line files for time attack mode
  • fixed some shadows
  • added GrassFX from the Content Manager download file + edited it for the brown areas
  • changed the old flags texture at the pit starting point
  • deleted a tree without a trunk
  • did a cable fix for the tents, so Masscot don't have to do it :-)

RELEASE of MEXICO GP 1967
This 3D-track was original made for Grand Prix Legends by Papyrus. It was converted for GTR2 by Sunalp2 and later enhanced by NeelJ. It was ported to Assetto Corsa by Rainmaker.

View attachment 1259749
View attachment 1259746
View attachment 1259747
Thanks! Awesome work.

And NeelJ, what a legend he was in track making back in the day. Look forward to trying this one.

GPLmania season Part 3!

RELEASE of Laguna Seca 60s, Mexico GP 1967 and two new championships of the GPLmania series.

This time we're going to america and on vacation! GPLmania Part 3 brings you the Cam-Am 60s Special and the Formula One 1967 Into The Woods championships with races on famous american tracks an on long and dangerous tracks with beautiful landscapes.

The idea of GPLmania is to bring together the best historic cars and tracks made for AC in championships that are either inspired by real historic ones or just fun to drive. Part 3 contains all work of Part 1+2.

There will be at least 5 parts, with new championships and new track releases for each part.

All download links are given in the Read Me file in the package. Be aware some of the content is for paid only.

For uses of the Formula One 1967 Special: Part 3 contains a update of the championship, if you're still in the championship skip the updated championship files and install it later.

View attachment 1259741

This 3d-track was made for Grand Prix Legends as 67s version by David Sabre in 2003. It was updated to a 70s version (as 1972 but it's more a mix of 60s and 70s elements) by jpalesi for rFactor. It was converted and enhanced to Assetto Corsa by Legion. It was updated by Rainmaker. Some parts of third modders were implanted.

View attachment 1259742
View attachment 1259744
View attachment 1259745

Changelog:
  • changed all shaders
  • fixed black guardrails
  • fixed pit lane
  • new UI
  • added loading screens
  • fixed some shadows
  • added GrassFX from the Content Manager download file + edited it for the brown areas

This 3D-track was original made for Grand Prix Legends by Papyrus. It was converted for GTR2 by Sunalp2 and later enhanced by NeelJ. It was ported to Assetto Corsa by Rainmaker.

Amazing work!

Side note (kind of relevant, considering new Laguna Seca '60s)
I did make a list in the past of every iteration of layouts for F1 circuits (and whether they exist for AC/what's different/etc). Today I've started work on doing similar lists for:
WSC/WEC/ILMS
IndyCar/ChampCar/CART/USAC
ATCC/V8SC (including non-championship races)
ANZ Open Wheel (Tasman Series, FROC/Toyota Racing Series, S5000/Australian Drivers Championship)
IMSA GT + Equivalents

EDIT: Firstly I'm just making the lists (and then adding the AC research bits)
  • F1: 161 (including new Las Vegas)
  • WEC/WSC/ILMS: 108 (including Losail currently on for 2024 onwards)
  • ATCC: 54 (including non-championship circuits such as Wellington + Kuala Lumpur street circuits, F1 version of Adelaide, etc)
  • Australian/New Zealand Premier Open Wheel: 61 (Tasman Series + Australian Drivers Championship + FROC/TRS + S5000 + Australian F3 2015-2019 and non-championship races of all those series from 1957 onwards)
  • IndyCar Road/Street Courses: 84
  • IndyCar Ovals: 42
  • IMSA GTP: 101

Last edited:
Thanks guys! And I'm not finished yet. Here is one update more. Again Montjuïc 1975, I found some bugs.

v2.6
  • added Rainmaker tag
  • deleted useless ai hints
  • corrected RainFX
bgr02.jpg

shi
Niagara Falls v1.1
RD Link
Patreon Link
MediaFire Link

Niagara Falls conversion from rFactor.
A street circuit located in Niagara Falls, NY, who hosted the SCCA Trans Am Niagara Falls Grand Prix in 1988.
View attachment 1119765
-CSP required
-24 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Original Track by AR rFactor Tracks and Thank you for gave me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI, camtool by @Viola Seven
AI, cam, drs_zones.ini, loading screenshot by @KevinK2
logo.png, sections.ini by @Fanapryde
Test and Feedback by @Breathe , @slider666 , @RMi_wood

Enjoy.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.1 changelog;
-Added groove/skidmark.
-Added support for audience to camera_facing.
-Changed background.
-Changed truck textures.
-Adjusted billboard mapping.
-Reduced number of marshalls and cameramen.
-Reduced the brightness of tire wall textures.
-Updated Nissan bridge logo texture.
-Updated building objects.
-Updated ext_config.
-Updated VAO-patch.
Niagara Falls v1.1
The link is in the quote.

v1.1 changelog;
-Added groove/skidmark.
-Added support for audience to camera_facing.
-Changed background.
-Changed truck textures.
-Adjusted billboard mapping.
-Reduced number of marshalls and cameramen.
-Reduced the brightness of tire wall textures.
-Updated Nissan bridge logo texture.
-Updated building objects.
-Updated ext_config.
-Updated VAO-patch.
Screenshot_ks_abarth500_assetto_corse_niagarafalls_26-4-123-21-14-49.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing work!

Side note (kind of relevant, considering new Laguna Seca '60s)
I did make a list in the past of every iteration of layouts for F1 circuits (and whether they exist for AC/what's different/etc). Today I've started work on doing similar lists for:
WSC/WEC/ILMS
IndyCar/ChampCar/CART/USAC
ATCC/V8SC (including non-championship races)
ANZ Open Wheel (Tasman Series, FROC/Toyota Racing Series, S5000/Australian Drivers Championship)
IMSA GT + Equivalents
Add in the Formula Regional Asia and Europe series there too, they are on the near horizon after the TRS series are completed. Thanksfully all the NZ tracks exist for the FROC/TRS. The European tracks need some work to run full grids, due to not all tracks in AC have enough pit stalls/grid slots.

Add in the Formula Regional Asia and Europe series there too, they are on the near horizon after the TRS series are completed. Thanksfully all the NZ tracks exist for the FROC/TRS. The European tracks need some work to run full grids, due to not all tracks in AC have enough pit stalls/grid slots.
I probably will do some sort of list for an Asian series at some stage. Not sure about Europe. This is more of an historical guide for layout changes, if that makes sense.

Next one I'm about to expand out for different layouts over the years is the ATCC (36 circuits, not counting layout changes)
EDIT: Which, now including non-championship races, bloats out to 54 different layouts used since 1960

Last edited:
Camtool cam set for Montreal

A suggestion, if I may:
There are other good folks making Camtools files.
So, if you add your name, an acronym or whatever to the file names your files are going to be easily recognizable in the "data" folder.

ALSO (and my main reason since I have more or less 400 Camtool files), people will be able to enjoy your Camtool files without being afraid of overwriting other files.

Thanks.

Hello everybody,

I looking for the Ford Fiesta Pikes Peak Hillclimb version (Marcus Gronholm in 2009) for AC.
Do you know a free mod or paymod ? no problem for me ... Dirt Rally conversion on a discord ?
no mod in Assetto DB website, on the patreon I can read posts, and on Discord N&F Modding I can find
Thank you for your help guys

Last edited:
Bremgarten Faux Pre War - Dirt and rain and grass and vao and so on...

Original track can be found on @Breathe 's Tracklist.

• You should be able to copy the files straight into you assetto corsa folder as long as you have the track installed. It will ask to override - backup your track if you want to keep the original files.

• If the new grass still won't show check your assetto corsa folder: extension/textures/grass_fx. You should have a "highlands.dds" file in there, otherwise no grassFX

• With track skin for dirt.

snap.jpg

Last edited:

Attachments

• semaphore.ini
    872 bytes · Views: 11
Newbury 2002 and 2006 from SandroX updated DaBaeda
Skins from Sascha Guenther
Ai and Sidelines from Rainmaker
GrassFX,TreeFX,RainFX and Cams
Have Fun
DaBaeda
Download:
View attachment 1259834View attachment 1259835View attachment 1259836View attachment 1259837View attachment 1259838View attachment 1259839

looks much better! great youve also removed the need for two seperate tracks.

would you be able to look at Alemannenring? thats another track thats always need a little love

Hi guys,

did someone experienced ever a similar problem? - The URD DTM 2018 keeps crashing since i moved from CSP 176p to 179p

I don`t use CM so i evan can`t read the crash log :confused:
Hi guys, couple of weeks ago i had the problem above - URD cars were crashing if CSP was active (since 1.79 and above)

Now i solved it accidently. In 2021 i downloaded config files from GIThub for these cars. Now i deleted them and the crashes are gone.
However the cars lost some benefits the config brought to them.

I have uploaded them. Maybe someone who has cloue avout ot is interested to take a short look what could be wrong with those configs.

GPLmania season Part 3!

View attachment 1259741

View attachment 1259742
View attachment 1259744
View attachment 1259745

Changelog:
  • changed all shaders
  • fixed black guardrails
  • fixed pit lane
  • new UI
  • added loading screens
  • fixed some shadows

View attachment 1259749
View attachment 1259746
View attachment 1259747
Huge thanks for Laguna Seca 60s !!! Looks cool. Hopefully some more retro tracks coming ? :)

Screenshot_gr5_porsche_914_b_laguna_seca_historic_26-4-123-19-38-25.jpg

Hyundai HKS Genesis Coupe 2010 Public Release !!!!

Download:https://sharemods.com/061oicoohgpv/hyundai_hks_genesis_coupe_1.0.zip.html
-Converted From Forza Motorsport 3 By Peter Crill
-AO inside and out
-Realistic Dashboard
-CSP Settings
-Physics
-Lods Help Norms
-Driver Animation by Mascot
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@norms,@filemissing,@Mascot,and others

Screenshot_hyundai_hks_genesis_coupe_bikernieki_26-4-123-14-26-35.jpgScreenshot_hyundai_hks_genesis_coupe_bikernieki_26-4-123-14-23-22.jpgScreenshot_hyundai_hks_genesis_coupe_bikernieki_26-4-123-14-25-5.jpgScreenshot_hyundai_hks_genesis_coupe_bikernieki_26-4-123-14-26-45.jpgScreenshot_hyundai_hks_genesis_coupe_bikernieki_26-4-123-14-26-35.jpgScreenshot_hyundai_hks_genesis_coupe_bilsterberg_25-4-123-16-47-40.jpgScreenshot_hyundai_hks_genesis_coupe_bilsterberg_25-4-123-16-46-12.jpg__custom_showroom_1685108037.png

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1685108105.png
    __custom_showroom_1685108105.png
    222.5 KB · Views: 12
Release: Updated Opel GT 1900

View attachment 1259810

Updated.

Now with working headlight animation and wipers (ACTK)

I've added more skins based on the real paint colours.

Again thanks to @carTOON for doing all the hardwork and importing this car.

Enjoy!

Nice job everyone!
Funky little car.
Attached is a much better shifting animation for the next update.
(remove the .txt extension and drop into the 'animation' folder)

Something that needs attention is all of the instrument needles. They all float in front of the dials instead of being seated on their faces, and some needles aren't parallel to the faces of the dial, so stick out like sundials.
Can be seen in 2D if you look closely, but in VR you fear for your eyesight.
:)

Attachments

• shift.ksanim.txt
    98.3 KB · Views: 13
Hyundai HKS Genesis Coupe 2010 Public Release !!!!

Download:https://sharemods.com/061oicoohgpv/hyundai_hks_genesis_coupe_1.0.zip.html
-Converted From Forza Motorsport 3 By Peter Crill
-AO inside and out
-Realistic Dashboard
-CSP Settings
-Physics
-Lods Help Norms
-Driver Animation by Mascot
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@norms,@filemissing,@Mascot,and others

View attachment 1259870View attachment 1259871View attachment 1259872View attachment 1259873View attachment 1259874View attachment 1259875View attachment 1259876View attachment 1259877
Really nice car this. Great in spec races around long tracks.
There's a glitch with Real Mirrors if the FOV is set above ~25 degrees - a rectangular artefact appears in the reflection. Anyone know why this happens, and how to fix it? It has us stumped.
45 degree FOV for wing mirrors is pretty much essential for me now in VR.

1685132309392.jpeg

Last edited:
Release: Updated Opel GT 1900

Updated.

Now with working headlight animation and wipers (ACTK)

I've added more skins based on the real paint colours.

Again thanks to @carTOON for doing all the hardwork and importing this car.

Enjoy!

Great little car. The headlight animation makes me giddy.

Am I nuts, or are the speedo and tach readouts swapped?

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back