• 136,347 comments
How to do an update in CM without using CM to install:
1. click your updates
2. allow them to download
3. right click, view in explorer
4. see the downloaded archive files in %USER%/temp
5. copy/move files to location of your choice
6. install manually

*note: I do use JSGME for large/complicated mods or for creating "bundles" for testing/deployment. Also used exclusivly for CSP/SOL/PURE installs

You are all talking about updates I see, but especially these are broken in CM being in a constant annoying repeat phase. Just download when notice the signal at the 3 horizontal stripes, install and close CM.

For installing source websites and after that, downloading, go to; content-->get new mods --> manage source
Here you drop your web site of source. When announcing a new mod then go to the pre-installed website inside CM, as a sample GTforum or RD. Go to the download mod/link and download your file. While dropping a .zip file does not show a fail, this method does show a fail.
Untitled.jpg

Here a fail the "AI made by Rainmaker from GTplanet", so I have to manual pick this up (by clicking show file) in my case at the temp folder, or a pre-selected folder of your choice.

Untitled.jpg

As I explained earlier: lots of fake look-a-like download sites are on the internet.

As a former flysimmer be aware of the JSME (in CM) risk, it can get corrupted, especially when you forget to swap back after an update or folder/file chance in that specific mod.

Last edited:
chemflummi just released his Nissan GT-R LM Nismo:

View attachment 1279897

Haven't tried it, sounds interesting from the description....I haven't tried the URD's old Nissan neither....

Kinda wish he continued with the early LMP1 cars and do a Peugeot 908....
An addition to the R10 is planned 😄
i'm also working on that aswell hopefully i'll be dropping an LMP1 based around that era of cars.

I went back to it after dinner and it was still saying "1 file installing" so this time I went ahead and closed CM. Opened it back up and repeated the process again and this time it worked. I have no idea what happened before to cause it to fail but at least now I know it can work. Nice track @Rainmaker87
the best thing you can do is quit using CM to install things. Learn how to drag the file folders to the appropriate location. It is quite easy and you will not have CM randomly screwing up things.

Croft 2019 v3.0 by ZWISS
========================

Original track made for rFactor by Feels3
(maybe based on old TOCA track?)
Converted to AC by Terra21 and Jim Lloyd
Improvements done by Legion

Updates by ZWISS:
================
Added Google multi map to grass and terrain shader.
Many edits and tuning of meshes and shaders.
Grouping of objects for better FPS.
Redone the trees closer to real life.
Edited tyrewalls closer to real life.
Increased grid/start slots to 32.
New AC crowds.
Added some farm houses.
Fixed start lights.
New flags.

Thanks to RainMaker:
====================
New AI for both layouts.
VAO files for both layouts.
RainFX for CSP.

Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_zw_croft_14-8-123-1-6-46.jpg
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_zw_croft_14-8-123-12-38-40.jpg
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_zw_croft_14-8-123-12-39-46.jpg
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_zw_croft_14-8-123-12-40-34.jpg
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_zw_croft_14-8-123-12-42-14.jpg
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_zw_croft_14-8-123-12-43-25.jpg

Last edited:
the best thing you can do is quit using CM to install things. Learn how to drag the file folders to the appropriate location. It is quite easy and you will not have CM randomly screwing up things.
Exactly. Alot of cars won´t work when using CM for installation, since mandatory folders aren´t installed properly. Newer CSP versions have a conflict when loading the cars. We would have alot less complaints on discord if everyone would install the files manually. :lol:

Croft 2019 v3.0 by ZWISS
========================

Original track made for rFactor by Feels3
(maybe based on old TOCA track?)
Converted to AC by Terra21 and Jim Lloyd
Improvements done by Legion

Updates by ZWISS:
================
Added Google multi map to grass and terrain shader.
Many edits and tuning of meshes and shaders.
Grouping of objects for better FPS.
Redone the trees closer to real life.
Edited tyrewalls closer to real life.
Increased grid/start slots to 32.
New AC crowds.
Added some farm houses.
Fixed start lights.
New flags.

Thanks to RainMaker:
====================
New AI for both layouts.
VAO files for both layouts.
RainFX for CSP.

View attachment 1280020View attachment 1280021View attachment 1280022View attachment 1280023View attachment 1280024View attachment 1280025
Very nice - thanks mate!
Pepperoni did a nice BTCC Kwik Fit skin for the old one which doesn't quite work any more, but could probably be adapted to fit (eg the flags are rotated 90 degrees).
I did a balloon for it too at the time.

Hello. I finished the Gran Turismo 4 version of Suzuka reboot version rework. And also done the layout with reworked 130R corner and late Casio Chicane from 90s.

IMPORTANT: before installation completely remove the folder of previos version if you have, otherwise it might be issues.

V1.3 -! 30.04.2023

* Gran Turismo 4 full version.

• based on laser scan ACC Conversion by reboot
  • Reworked to match Gran Turismo 4 version as much as possible.
  • based on reboot version of Suzuka
  • All new gravel safe zones, no tarmac, pit boxes, billboards, trees, rollercoasters etc.
  • Replaced and reworked pit boxes (originally from old Suzuka 1992 version by rainmaker?) etc.... and Lot of other reworks
  • Outside of 130R also made gravel
Onboard of new Gran Turismo 4 layout

Tryed to make it match as much as possible.

View attachment 1252225

View attachment 1252237View attachment 1252238View attachment 1252239

* 1992 GP version with reworked 130R corner and late Casio Chicane layout

• based on laser scan ACC Conversion by reboot
  • reworked 130R to match 90s real track. Late Casio triangle chicane. Replaced and reworked pit boxes (originally from old Suzuka 1992 version by rainmaker?) etc.... Lot of other reworks
  • based on reboot version of Suzuka.
  • Issue: No Ai
Here is difference in 130R
View attachment 1252240View attachment 1252248View attachment 1252249

Downlaod links here

Hello,there are few holes where you can fall into on 1992 version, the one i particulary remember is on gravel/sand inside of 130R, the others might be on curves or dunlop and middle of casio triangle have too blury texture

Last edited:
I dont install through Cm, now as an example, the CM Ferrari 296 in CM is reporting an update, but the download fails to even begin with a google drive quota exceeded. this is very common on my system with CM mod updates, but again, yiu have no idea what files are installed and where when you take the lazy route.
are you sure the google drive quota is not from there end? why is it when i downloaded an update with 1 car it was fine but with the 296 it flagged quota exceeded?. after doing a little research it was stated multiple times it could be there end with the issue. why would it do this on 1 car and not the other if it was indeed CM at fault?. i have updated alot of car's through CM and only ever seen this once. which did leaved me a little mistified.

1 bug that is frustrating is when you drag and drop a car mod into CM and you haven't anything downloaded previous you wont be able to scroll down to the install button, sometimes yes but most of the time you cannot at least on mine anyway. Its simple stuff like that which can get very tiresome. I can't say installing through CM has been a problem for me its been pretty good.

Last edited:
@KJRacing81
Did truck skin - mod updtes ever get released i not see them after this post to add to mod list?

i thought radical but i see ferarri now, silly ramos :D
i look forward to mod pack, you see i need help identify the cars so link to car at launch totally apprecaited for me, or i be racing Radical and Bettle at Soyo RaceWay thinking this mod ****! :D

i will add mod to main post when complete too as this look good and exciting race catagory!
Do you have the trucks? Been looking all over for a nice AC Formula truck mod. I contacted the one who made it but haven’t heard anything yet (yes I know it was made years ago)

are you sure the google drive quota is not from there end?
well I would think so since I barely have any files in my google drive and I havent downloaded anything via google for days, it can only be at their end. Many other mods try to update through CM and the links are dead. It's not a feature in CM that works well due to the links half the time not working.

Last edited:
Hi DarkHorse, welcome to the forum!

There is a very good resource for tracks, created and maintained by Breathe, which you can find here.
Almost all tracks you can find there (and if not Breathe will add it if you point out a track that isn't in there).
Texas World Speedway and link to download you can find on the tab "Real".
jac0,

Hello, and thank you. I will see if I can find Texas World Speedway. My Dad raced there when he was a teenager. It was one of the tracks where he started his road racing career.

well I would think so since I barely have any files in my google drive and I havent downloaded anything via google for days, it can only be at their end. Many other mods try to update through CM and the links are dead. It's not a feature in CM that works well due to the links half the time not working.
It's 100% on their end because if you try to download it from CF's page, you get the same error. You just have to try to snag it after midnight GMT 😎

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back