Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
You can use the skins from the "whistleblower" mod, but you'll have to rename the skin.dds so it shows up in the game, because they both use the same model. Not at my pc right now so I can't be more specific. You'll also have to export the tires and change to Goodyears for WEC series cars.
Thanks for this info. It takes a little bit of work, but the skins do cross over perfectly.

shi
Mottle Ring v1.0

View attachment 1344968
Fictional circuit.
Conversion from GTL.

-CSP recommended
-30 pit/start
-AI, cam

NOTE; If you are using Sol and the track screen is dark, rename ext_config_for_sol.ini to ext_config.ini in the extension folder.

Credits & Thanks;
GTL Original Track by @carTOON (barcika)
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png and sections file by @Fanapryde
.lua and font base by @gunnar333
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
marshall, cameraman and some textures by kunos

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

Cool...thanks so much for that too mates, THX for all! :cheers:

Last edited:
@MasterFocus
"Straight cut gear tend to be noisy"

Yeah, Im quite versed in reality of straight cut gears and the internal noise of a race car...
yet it is quite over the top in this implementation and really overwhelms all other noise you might want.

Some others seem to agree in this case as well

Nice to see you still have 68-69 season in sight.
The search for "photos" on the internet to view the different versions of the models has practically been completed.

Many are already ready (and adapted), starting from the Legion cars, which are the Lotus 49C, Ferrari 312 (1968), Matra (I believe it will be the base car for models from BRM, Brabham, Cooper and other versions of Matra).
The 1968 Honda, if I'm not mistaken, someone already made it.
The 4 versions of the Lotus 49C (high wing) (have also been ready for a long time), were used (as a base car), a model by Legion.

If you have the RSS GT (update), and think the transmission sound is much too loud, add this to any of the cars
./extension/ext_config.ini (adjust to your taste)

[AUDIO_VOLUME]
ENGINE_EXT = 1.0
ENGINE_INT = 1.4
GEAR_EXT = 1.0
GEAR_INT = 1.0
GEAR_GRIND = 0.1
BACKFIRE_EXT = 2.0
BACKFIRE_INT = 2.0
TRANSMISSION = 0.15
here is a more comprehensive set if anyone wants to tweak some more audio parameters:

[AUDIO_PARAMETER_TRANSFORM]
ENGINE_EXT_RPMS = (| 0=0 | 10000=6500 |) ; lower the second number for lower tones
ENGINE_INT_RPMS = (| 0=0 | 10000=6500 |) ; lower the second number for lower tones

[AUDIO_VOLUME]
ENGINE_EXT = 1.0
ENGINE_INT = 1.0
GEAR_EXT = 1.0
GEAR_INT = 1.0
BODYWORK = 1.0
WIND = 1.0
DIRT = 1.0
DOWN_SHIFT = 1.0
UP_SHIFT = 1.0
HORN = 1.0
GEAR_GRIND = 1.0
BACKFIRE_EXT = 1.0
BACKFIRE_INT = 1.0
TRACTION_CONTROL_EXT = 1.0
TRACTION_CONTROL_INT = 1.0
TRANSMISSION = 0.3
LIMITER = 1.0
TURBO = 0.3
RAIN_EXT=1.0
RAIN_INT=1.0
WIPER_EXT=0.8
WIPER_INT=0.5
HIT = 1.0
SCRAPE = 1.0
WHEEL = 1.0
SKID_EXT = 1.0
SKID_INT = 1.0

New update F1 2010 mod update
Changelog :
  • Fixed some graphical issues
  • Improved the shaders of all cars
  • Better glass
  • Rain tyres and Pirelli pre-testing tyres (thanks to ignacy for the textures)
  • New Mclaren (from F1 2020 classic car with more authentic cockpit by @bensrac32)
  • Added new league physics (Equal performance, and more enjoyable to drive, helpful for people who have a hard time with the base physics) All data.acd are in their car folders inside the F12010_ALT_LEAGUE_PHYSICS folder. You just need to drag and drop them all to the content/cars folder to replace all cars physics
  • Fixed HRT having the wrong driver
  • Added F1 2010 driver model for non COD Ferrari, Mclaren and Redbull for nostalgia.
  • Added F1 2020 Classic Car in the names of COD cars (and DIAC livery of Renault R30) to make people understand that these models do not come from F1 2010 but from F1 2020 and ending the confusion.
  • DIAC livery added to the Renault R30
  • Fuel consumption fixed
DOWNLOAD

To save space remove all cim_2010 cars first

Last edited:

SO, is this new LCS (linear color space) thing a good thing or not? It looks like it can be interesting. Have you tried it yet?

Last edited:
I swear to God the last three CSP updates have broken something, the last two broke the AI and this new one has resulted in a black screen. Any idea on how to fix this?
1712674443182.png

New update F1 2010 mod update
Changelog :
  • Fixed some graphical issues
  • Improved the shaders of all cars
  • Better glass
  • Rain tyres and Pirelli pre-testing tyres (thanks to ignacy for the textures)
  • New Mclaren (from F1 2020 classic car with more authentic cockpit by @bensrac32)
  • Added new league physics (Equal performance, and more enjoyable to drive, helpful for people who have a hard time with the base physics) All data.acd are in their car folders inside the F12010_ALT_LEAGUE_PHYSICS folder. You just need to drag and drop them all to the content/cars folder to replace all cars physics
  • Fixed HRT having the wrong driver
  • Added F1 2010 driver model for non COD Ferrari, Mclaren and Redbull for nostalgia.
  • Added F1 2020 Classic Car in the names of COD cars (and DIAC livery of Renault R30) to make people understand that these models do not come from F1 2010 but from F1 2020 and ending the confusion.
  • DIAC livery added to the Renault R30
  • Fuel consumption fixed
DOWNLOAD
It seems like Bruno Senna has stolen some helmets from Nando's friend Jenson...

yes they are. same tyres, same rim, same physics, same cars that looks realistic from afar, but onboard you can see it doesn't match up, same ferrari free the rest is paid.

I mean it's not a surprise considering since 2020 SDD was always present, just rebranding each time. This time they completely abandoned the simdream name and chose patreon to be more profitable so that they evade the race department ban that prevent people from doing skins for their cars.
Interesting... Very interesting...

shi
Mottle Ring v1.0

View attachment 1344968
Fictional circuit.
Conversion from GTL.

-CSP recommended
-30 pit/start
-AI, cam

NOTE; If you are using Sol and the track screen is dark, rename ext_config_for_sol.ini to ext_config.ini in the extension folder.

Credits & Thanks;
GTL Original Track by @carTOON (barcika)
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png and sections file by @Fanapryde
.lua and font base by @gunnar333
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
marshall, cameraman and some textures by kunos

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

Love these tracks with high speed corners. Sent it abit too hard in one of the corners clipped straight through the barriers.
Personally I don't have an issue with this but in case you was not aware about it. Sweet!

Last edited:
Thank you for these. Hopefully they resolve some performance issues when this car is in the field. Just curious, did you make these or did they come with the car? Could be I have an outdated version and LODs were added in newer versions. Just want to know if I should go looking for a newer version.
I did it! In fact, the now-defunct sympligon, may it rest in peace!

Edit: Now I realize what a profitable commodity these lods can become! Maybe I'll open a Patreon page! :)

Btw, why don't you try for grid filler those GT3 cars from TRR. Here is their discord invite. They have like 18 gt3 cars, all BOP-ed between them. Including an McLaren and an EVO one beside.

Last edited:
I´ve downloaded the Okayama International Circuit from RD, but some parts of the tarmac are transparent. Could I do something to fix it? Sorry for not posting an image, but when I take a screenshot it looks ok, and when I´m on board track is transparent as wet. :confused:
Which setting do you have under extrafx-->sslr?

all info is in the "overview" tab of each download
dropping all this here and i got to go and be away from the pc for a while anyone is free to do whatever they want with my work. i do hope i have done everything right as i wont be here to sort anything that i haven't done right.

Bmw M1 Turbo GR.5 replica skin

Screenshot (541).png

Honda Integra dc2 (facelift) nscc (national saloon car championship uk) (entire car)
Screenshot (539).png

Honda Integra DC2 (PRE FACELIFT) NSCC SKIN ONLY
Screenshot (523).png

Panoz Esperante GT2 (3 replica skins) (car link in overvirew tab) best version i can find of this car by a mile

Screenshot (535).png

Screenshot (536).png

Screenshot (537).png

Last edited:
I did replace the tarmac to the sand road from another track with the help of 3Dsimed.
You can't simply swap texture from one track to another, you need to layer them properly and set all the values properly. I know that 3DSimed works fine for this kind of thing, but you need to tweak values and layers in order to be sure that everything is ok

Is there any info to find about that? there is very little decent info on tracks if going to the 3Dsimed route.
You can't simply swap texture from one track to another, you need to layer them properly and set all the values properly. I know that 3DSimed works fine for this kind of thing, but you need to tweak values and layers in order to be sure that everything is ok

Is there any info to find about that? there is very little decent info on tracks if going to the 3Dsimed route.
I would completely avoid the 3Dsimed route because it can break many things such as alpha layers and transparancy stuff.

If it's just textures, you can just do a skin for the track, create a folder for it in the skins folder, and put the textures with the same name as the texture you want to change. Assetto Corsa will hotswap them in game.

If you really need to do something about it then take the track kn5, put it inside a car folder (create a folder named d for example it doesn't matter) and double click on the kn5, CM showroom will open with the option to unpack it. Press it and it will give you a fbx file with all the textures of the track, and you can change the texture in kseditor.

SO, is this new LCS (linear color space) thing a good thing or not? It looks like it can be interesting. Have you tried it yet?

I'll stick to Pure. LCS have this cartoonish/gamey look to it. In my opinion Pure looks way better.

LCS:
09.04.2024  default  Toyota AE86 (Extras) - Okayama Piper circuit (5050).jpg

Pure:
09.04.2024  C13AEGIS  Toyota AE86 (Extras) - Okayama Piper circuit (3842).jpg

LCS:
09.04.2024  default  Toyota AE86 (Extras) - Okayama Piper circuit (5111).jpg

Pure:
09.04.2024  C13AEGIS  Toyota AE86 (Extras) - Okayama Piper circuit (3849).jpg

LCS:
09.04.2024  default  Toyota AE86 (Extras) - Okayama Piper circuit (512).jpg

Pure:
09.04.2024  C13AEGIS  Toyota AE86 (Extras) - Okayama Piper circuit (391).jpg

LCS:
09.04.2024  default  Toyota AE86 (Extras) - Okayama Piper circuit (5056).jpg

Pure:
09.04.2024  C13AEGIS  Toyota AE86 (Extras) - Okayama Piper circuit (3853).jpg

Attachments

• 09.04.2024  default  Toyota AE86 (Extras) - Okayama Piper circuit (5056).jpg
    09.04.2024 default Toyota AE86 (Extras) - Okayama Piper circuit (5056).jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I would completely avoid the 3Dsimed route because it can break many things such as alpha layers and transparancy stuff.

If it's just textures, you can just do a skin for the track, create a folder for it in the skins folder, and put the textures with the same name as the texture you want to change. Assetto Corsa will hotswap them in game.

If you really need to do something about it then take the track kn5, put it inside a car folder (create a folder named d for example it doesn't matter) and double click on the kn5, CM showroom will open with the option to unpack it. Press it and it will give you a fbx file with all the textures of the track, and you can change the texture in kseditor.
Hey mate, nice update to your mod but do you may have an idea why the Bruno Senna skins on the HRT F110 get him a helmet of JB?

I also detected a little error in the 2011 mod, it is the tyre color of the Toro Rosso that no matter what compound, always stays red.

Last edited:
which one looks better( more realistic)?
A:
1712690497321.png

B:
1712690522803.png

1712690754413.png
for A

1712690782626.png
for B

ps: if you put pics for comparison, pls put them in pairs, so we can easily compare them! (not a whole bunch of pics of LCS , then a bunch of the same w Pure, cause then you don't get to see them one after the other and hard to compare)

Last edited:
I did it! In fact, the now-defunct sympligon, may it rest in peace!

Edit: Now I realize what a profitable commodity these lods can become! Maybe I'll open a Patreon page! :)

Btw, why don't you try for grid filler those GT3 cars from TRR. Here is their discord invite. They have like 18 gt3 cars, all BOP-ed between them. Including an McLaren and an EVO one beside.
I have them and they are a nice set when used all together, but they are not BOPd very well against the RSS and other GT3s. So I have one CM grid preset for the TRR GT3s and one grid preset for the RSS and various user made GT3s.

It's the second grid preset where I have performance issues because of the two cars I asked about originally. Switching to the FSR McLaren that @Kurt Woods suggested and rolling back to the 2020 Bonny Porsche seems to have solved all my issues.

Now with that resolved, I have another question for the graphical experts here. I don't drive much at night because I have vision problems with night driving, even in real life. But when I do, I always experience severe frame rate drops when going through a highly lit area (like a front stretch of a track) when there are a a lot of cars bunched together. I'm thinking it has something to do with light reflections on that many cars in the scene, but I could be wrong about that. I'm not sure which CM option might help to alleviate that a little. Would anyone have any suggestions as to which CM options to play around with? Thanks...

Last edited:

I feel like I'm just not as detail oriented in the visual realm. I see a difference, barely, but not enough for me to dare switch to the new CSP and possibly break the awesomeness with the settings and stuff I have finally tweaked to 'my personal perfection' over the years.

EDIT: Additionally, I don't even know which side is which. I have old man eyes too, so there's that...

Last edited:
anyone has a NASCAR 2017 mod for AC? i think 2 were created, one by the FB group but the link is dead and one by AssettoGarage that is private, does anyone have any of the 2?

Hey mate, nice update to your mod but do you may have an idea why the Bruno Senna skins on the HRT F110 get him a helmet of JB?

I also detected a little error in the 2011 mod, it is the tyre color of the Toro Rosso that no matter what compound, always stays red.
I will spank senna for stealing jenson helmet. What a naughty kid

As for the torro rosso yeah it doesn't have the ext_config that the other cars have cuz i forgot to put it inside that car. So just copy it

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back