Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
Sorry I did miss the boat here, while it sounds interesting but what is LCS :confused:
I only see at Google it’s Esport related.
It's a new way to deal with displaying the amounth of light opose to gamma used until now. Which should make things much more realistic, especialy in transition from very light to very dark (night fall for example). It's in early developement, but has been added to CSP latest version from Iliya. For me this photo sums up perfectly the advantages of LCS, how I understand this as a layman:

LinearRendering-Infinite3DHeadScan.jpg

Now transpose this to how cars in front of you look in AC at night with your lights on (bottom right photo) and how they realisticaly should (top right), and equaly when not iluminated from a light source (both left side photos).

Last edited:
Reboot Team Dubai Autodrome major update:

1712736650041.jpeg
v1.0
-added National and Club layouts
-added flag-waving spectators to all layouts
-updated some textures (distance markers, some adboards, UK flag)
-updated previews, map outlines, UI
-removed redundant kn5 and its models.ini reference (to enable track skins to be created)
-pit lane starts later, at actual pits start
-missing marquees added
-lighting updated
-various optimisations

https://www.mediafire.com/file/i38zy1n6ez0fl4p/rt_dubai.7z/

It's a new way to deal with displaying the amounth of light opose to gamma used until now. Which should make things much more realistic, especialy in transition from very light to very dark (night fall for example). It's in early developement, but has been added to CSP latest version from Iliya. For me this photo sums it up perfectly, how I understand this as a layman:

LinearRendering-Infinite3DHeadScan.jpg
One little thingy, it's not exactly a "new way". Lets just say it's another possibility that was used some time ago but was far from the precision you can get from it nowadays, so it wasn't the "choosen one" at that time (color correct on low and high keys, very flat in the middle... Useful for photography, cinematography a bit and... well, that's it). Now that the developpment curve has risen fairly, it becomes much more useful for others too.

I personally have some doubt about it for now, because it still suffer from the same problem : flater in mid-light, but proper in low/high. The result is not that much eye-candy at first, so you (very) basically just pump up the saturation/contrast value and let the auto-exposure do the balance, and voila! Very much eye candy, much shadows, wow... Except nobody made content based on those parameters so everything has to be redone. Aaand now the fun begins.

PS : If your render in gamma space looks like this at 1.0 that means something is very wrong. It doesn't look like a very fair comparaison... BUT it actually is a good example to illustrate how you CANNOT use the same set of parameters on both renders methods. If one is nice, the other will be smashed.

Before downloading Nvidia inspector as been written down by @Teddie read this: tweakguides and lots of info on the guru3D forums guru3D further from my favorites map at: https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/Guide:NVIDIA_Inspector
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Nvidia_Profile_Inspector

Because I still think you have to know what you are doing, what the effects are from all those adjustments and is it worth. Why using an adjustment that is decreasing your FPS while the visual effects are zero.
Interesting to see if it helps in VR.

Last edited:
Never would I ever thought I'd see this car in this game, let alone any game. This just makes me believe that ANY car could be in this game now. I still can't believe the Venturi 500LM, SR Widebody GTS, Carrera GT-R, Nomad Diablo GT1, and other underrated race cars are in the game. This is what makes me cling on to this game more than any other racing game! THANK YOU @Zin5ki!!!

Now we're just missing some 2000-2012 Rolex Grand Am cars. 😛
There are some in this pack: https://ciracesonline.it/portfolio/...lti-classe-rolex-daytona-24h-csp-e-sol-ready/
But 20 Euros for a few cars of not better specified mod quality is a bit much

New day, new problem. On the Bonny bm_porsche_991_gt3r_2020, the collider.kn5 file is set too high and you pass right through the back of the car if you rear end it. How would I go about fixing it? I tried lowering the collider model in 3dSimED, but I get a texture loading error after adjusting it. Do collider.kn5 files need to have a special shader type and can I use any texture I want?

Also, there is a collider.ini file in the data folder. If a car has a collider.kn5 file and a collider.ini file, which one takes precedence?

New version of Detroit Downtown Street Circuit!

PAQUITO kyle and me are searching people to help/collaborate for future Indycar projects, contact me if you're interested!

All work in this update made by kylebloyd and PAQUITO

Changelog:
  • Paddock suites by PaquitoCR
  • Replay screen structures by PaquitoCR
  • Track sections by Fanapryde
  • Public art from Rainmaker's Detroit 1988
  • Paddock semis from LilSki
  • Animated flags on grandstands
  • Updated branding on buildings near paddock
  • Alternate layout with 40 pitboxes
  • Updated brake markers
  • Improved shaders
  • Improved road texture
  • Generic buildings for density
  • More/updated trees
  • Updated street name signs
  • Tons of road signs
  • Streetlights (night settings need more work)
  • Flowing water in the river
  • Some texture optimization
  • New VAO patches

For the next version, i'll improve Terrain and do some tweaks to the river side aswell as PAQUITO is doing Transcending Arch monument. Also the real banners sponsors in the wall are going to be the real ones. I'll do overall tweaks and add the tyre groove to the asphalt.

Last edited:
New day, new problem. On the Bonny bm_porsche_991_gt3r_2020, the collider.kn5 file is set too high and you pass right through the back of the car if you rear end it. How would I go about fixing it? I tried lowering the collider model in 3dSimED, but I get a texture loading error after adjusting it. Do collider.kn5 files need to have a special shader type and can I use any texture I want?

Also, there is a collider.ini file in the data folder. If a car has a collider.kn5 file and a collider.ini file, which one takes precedence?
As far as I know, the collider must be saved by assigning the GL shader to it (this shader doesn't need any texture). The orientation, in an environment where there is Y UP and -Z forward, is determined by a rotation of + 90 ° or - 90° (quote - The direction of the rotation depends on the Y axis, in fact I applied a -90° rotation along the X axis. Based on the orientation of the car, you'll have to rotate the collider of ±90°). The height must be set in the 3D editor (es. Blender) and the transform must be applied to it.

This is what I know, I hope it was helpful to you. :D

Hi,

I'm quite surprised with how good the LCS is working already and am already running it. Maybe its just because it feels different compared to my last 10(?!) years of assetto corsa. PURE will make it fantastic in the future and i believe in Mr.Boese!

But i do have one concern with LCS, i get a black dot in front of the sun and sometimes the headlights. Do anyone know the cause of this? Or am i the only one with this problem? It doesn't happen if i view the sun through a fence...
1712751737977.png
1712751771282.png

Does anyone know what the common denominator is that makes some cars flip over when turning too tight and with other cars that don't?

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the common denominator is that makes some cars flip over when turning too tight and with other cars that don't?
If i were to take a guess it'd be a variable or exponent in the tyres ini file. I hate when this happens too, tried quickly looking thru a the AC modding manual but it would take some trial and error to sort out

To complete the 1976 season (non-existent versions) in the mod (original), being that of the Spanish GP (an adaptation that did not exist).

The 5 models are:
Brazil Gp-Emerson / USA Long Beach Gp-Ingo
France GP
Spain GP
USA Long Beach GP-Emerson
Season (which comprises the car used in most GPs of the 1976 season).

COPERSUCAR FD04 - 5 VERSIONS ( 1976 )

***Always remember, it's not 100% perfect (but to complete the season's grid I believe it's worth the fun).
The texture improvements, as most of the time, were left to the mate "MrHunt"...

****If there is something wrong with the sharing, it is at the discretion of the moderators.
Since you're working on the 1976 season, is there a possibility that you make the Kojima KE009?

There are some in this pack: https://ciracesonline.it/portfolio/...lti-classe-rolex-daytona-24h-csp-e-sol-ready/
But 20 Euros for a few cars of not better specified mod quality is a bit much
I have seen this pack back in October and I gotta say, THIS IS THE WORST MOD PACK I'VE EVER SEEN, PERIOD! For starters, I'm pretty sure these are just GTR2/rFactor rips being sold at a stupid high price. The pack is €19.90 $21.62 USD. To give context, RSS's GT Pack, now named 'GT Legends Championship' is £10 $12.70 USD and that's just the price now!

The original price of that RSS pack was £16.66 $21.16 USD, THAT'S STILL CHEAPER! Paying $20+ for GTR2/rFactor rips with bad modeling, compared to RSS's high quality scratch made cars. I did a bit more digging and found out that the sounds are WAAY off. Why the h3ll does the Corvette C6 have an Audi R8 V10 and The Viper having a V8 (Honestly, that's normal for people to put in V8s for some AC Viper mods, but again you're paying $20+).

They got majority of sounds right, but I'm not sure if I've heard a single V8 sound in any of the prototypes. I've also notice the skins as well, they are all over the place.🤦‍♂️ The liveries are either fantasy or real, but in the wrong series... I would get it for the prototypes to fix some of the issues, but that price is insane! As for the GT cars, NOPE! You can keep those. I rather take what I have in my personal garage and modified them, BoP them and skin them, regardless if the cars are accurate or not.

You know what, matter of fact... 🤔 The left is the "Rolex" pack, the right is what I have in my garage. (GT cars)

Viper.PNG
preview.jpg

C6.PNG
preview.jpg

RX-8.PNG
preview.jpg

996.PNG
preview.jpg

360.PNG
preview.jpg

---------------------------------------BUT WAIT, I CAN 'GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND!' 🤣------------------------------------------

Phillips_02f.jpg
preview.jpg

Phillips_03f.jpg
preview.jpg

Phillips_06th.jpg
preview.jpg

Phillips_25th.jpg
preview.jpg

dal0407ja07.jpg
preview.jpg

fpw-mantis-atspeed.jpg
preview.jpg

Denis_L._Tanney_13th.jpg
preview.jpg

IMG_4584.jpg
preview.jpg

_MG_9665.jpg
preview.jpg

Sorry for taking up the screen lol, but point being is anyone could make a better pack (despite their being paid mods, but unlike that pack, you're getting what your paying for.) and stay away from that "Rolex" pack, not worth it.

Last edited:
UPDATE Jacarepagua 1988

v2.4
-new GP layout AI, 2.5 sec faster
-changed description for short layout

Amazing, amazing.

Great work. This really needed faster ai.

You're a star.

I had a weird thought before falling asleep last night. On sleep meds, maybe a little weird... I know I'm weird.

So, I was thinking about what one of our guys here said last night. Such a huge change to CSP close to when the new AC Evo is coming out. With the big change, many mods will need to be updated, etc. Lots of indirect effects to many things folks are happy and used to... Seems like bad timing, I dunno.

But, so as I'm falling asleep, I had this run through my head. Little play coming:::

=========
Kunos: Ilja, we're going to use a lot of what you've developed for AC, we're going to use it in the new AC Evo.

Ilja: Uh, ok.. um.

Kunos: Now, in return for your hard work, we're going to give you the inside scoop on what will work best with AC Evo, so you can program CM to easily transition to being fully compatible with AC Evo.

Ilja: Ok, like what big changes would I need to do to prepare..?

Kunos: One major thing is; LCS...
=========

So what if these badly timed, big changes are to make sure CM works seamlessly with the new AC Evo?

I dunno. Just thinking out loud.

Last edited:
I have seen this pack back in October and I gotta say, THIS IS THE WORST MOD PACK I'VE EVER SEEN, PERIOD! For starters, I'm pretty sure these are just GTR2/rFactor rips being sold at a stupid high price. The pack is €19.90 $21.62 USD. To give context, RSS's GT Pack, now named 'GT Legends Championship' is £10 $12.70 USD and that's just the price now!

The original price of that RSS pack was £16.66 $21.16 USD, THAT'S STILL CHEAPER! Paying $20+ for GTR2/rFactor rips with bad modeling, compared to RSS's high quality scratch made cars. I did a bit more digging and found out that the sounds are WAAY off. Why the h3ll does the Corvette C6 have an Audi R8 V10 and The Viper having a V8 (Honestly, that's normal for people to put in V8s for some AC Viper mods, but again you're paying $20+).

They got majority of sounds right, but I'm not sure if I've heard a single V8 sound in any of the prototypes. I've also notice the skins as well, they are all over the place.🤦‍♂️ The liveries are either fantasy or real, but in the wrong series... I would get it for the prototypes to fix some of the issues, but that price is insane! As for the GT cars, NOPE! You can keep those. I rather take what I have in my personal garage and modified them, BoP them and skin them, regardless if the cars are accurate or not.

You know what, matter of fact... 🤔 The left is the "Rolex" pack, the right is what I have in my garage. (GT cars)

View attachment 1345237View attachment 1345238
View attachment 1345239View attachment 1345240
View attachment 1345241View attachment 1345242
View attachment 1345244View attachment 1345245
View attachment 1345243View attachment 1345247
---------------------------------------BUT WAIT, I CAN 'GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND!' 🤣------------------------------------------

View attachment 1345254View attachment 1345255

View attachment 1345256View attachment 1345257
View attachment 1345258View attachment 1345259
View attachment 1345260View attachment 1345261
View attachment 1345262View attachment 1345265
View attachment 1345267View attachment 1345268
View attachment 1345269View attachment 1345270
View attachment 1345271View attachment 1345272
View attachment 1345273View attachment 1345274

Sorry for taking up the screen lol, but point being is anyone could make a better pack (despite their being paid mods, but unlike that pack, you're getting what your paying for.) and stay away from that "Rolex" pack, not worth it.
Always been like that. The gentleman used to run a shop in the city, don't know if it is still up.
In the past I thought, maybe it is a chance to drop by. Give him a love-tap, "hey, you know, you suck." and then leave, dancing.

you talking about the adelaide hairpin ? lol happens all the time
Yeah there too lol, but also some flip pretty much on any slow corner - mod or Kunos tracks(Monza chicanes, Spa Bust Stop, Red Bull Ring), when the car is off the normal line, like on the inside. Some cars always do, others never do it.
Gotta be something somewhere within the many .ini files inside the data.acd.

Tweaks for PureLIFE LCS for Default Weather FX

Screenshot_rss_gtm_aero_v10_evo2_ks_nordschleife_8-3-124-12-25-41.jpg

PureLIFE changelog 4.2.1

PureLIFE LCS (for defaut weather FX)

• changed saturation and added some sepia
• adjusted color temp
• adjusted auto exposure
• removed custom tonemapping
• fixed auto exposure for HDR
• changed HDR gamma & exposure, lowered Yebis brightness
• optimized glare settings
• added a bit more chromatic aberration

yeah, even if someone whold bee keen to buy the pack, half of the cars have already been somewhat made, in a similar or better quality, i don't know what where they thinking when they decided the price

Never would I ever thought I'd see this car in this game, let alone any game. This just makes me believe that ANY car could be in this game now. I still can't believe the Venturi 500LM, SR Widebody GTS, Carrera GT-R, Nomad Diablo GT1, and other underrated race cars are in the game. This is what makes me cling on to this game more than any other racing game! THANK YOU @Zin5ki!!!

Now we're just missing some 2000-2012 Rolex Grand Am cars. 😛

cough cough

Screenshot_dp_rileyxi_type3_rt_daytona_18-3-123-23-37-4.png

;);)

Miglioramenti per PureLIFE LCS per Default Weather FX

View attachment 1345307

Registro delle modifiche PureLIFE 4.2.1

PureLIFE LCS (per FX meteorologici predefiniti)

• modificato la saturazione e aggiunto un po' di seppia
• temperatura colore regolata
• esposizione automatica regolata
• rimosso il tonemapping personalizzato
• esposizione automatica fissa per HDR
• modificata la gamma e l'esposizione HDR, ridotta la luminosità dello Yebis
• impostazioni di abbagliamento ottimizzate
• aggiunta un po' più di aberrazione cromatica

Just tried LCS+HDR+PureLIFE LCS: it's jawbreaking..AMAZING and photorealistic

@Rainmaker87

If you ever make update to Detroit 1988, it COULD be 1-1.5 seconds faster. Montreal 1982 also could be 1-1.5 seconds faster. It's now relatively easy to get a pole and win on both. Montreal 1988 is probably 2-2.5 seconds too slow. The ai cars lose time in the Casino chicane on both tracks (they lift too excessively).

All are incredible track conversions. No other changes have to be done. Even SimD cars work perfectly on those tracks. LOL.

Detroit 1988 is definitely the best done street circuit I've driven. SO polished. Well Adelaide 1988 too (but that has superfast ai already).

Detroit 1982 had a weird tunnel/hairpin which was removed 1983 because the drivers hated it. I guess that version have never been done.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back