Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,137 comments
Couple of people asked me about Istanbul Park so I threw some stuff together quickly just to see what was possible. Don't judge too harshly, it's just a start. Things I tried so far were a new grass texture setup, a vao patch to help with the look of the trees and tree shadows and I added some trees on the outskirts to get rid of that dead space look. Still a long way to go because the track has a number of small problems that need looked at.

Sorry for the poor quality pics. I'm not good at resizing images without losing quality.

Before:
View attachment 1369508

After:
View attachment 1369509
I'm very happy to hear that the track where I spend the most time driving in AC will be updated. Thank you in advance. How long will it take to complete?

Hi guys. I saw on last posts that Citta di Aria is still in progress (sadly with no news), but is Opera Paris converted? I really like both tracks, but i never heard about Opera Paris (maybe because nobody is working on it)

I'm very happy to hear that the track where I spend the most time driving in AC will be updated. Thank you in advance. How long will it take to complete?
Can't say. The track itself is not in need of major work as far as I can tell. It's already a very good track. Most of what I can see is minor stuff. I don't care for some of the texture choices and there are a couple of backwards sponsor logos on a few adboards which shouldn't be hard to fix. But I haven't gone over the track with a fine tooth comb yet to see if there is anything major that i'm missing.

Incidentally, if any knows of any major problems i'm overlooking, please point them out.

Does anyone find it super odd that there doesn't seem to be any skins or skin packs floating around for the URD Radical SR10 XXR? I see plenty of SR3 XXR packs and tbf, it's free, but it's not like URD paid mods aren't an established thing
It just feels strange to me that the SR10 released and had next to no hype or even mention anywhere. I figured it would have had people super excited.

Can't say. The track itself is not in need of major work as far as I can tell. It's already a very good track. Most of what I can see is minor stuff. I don't care for some of the texture choices and there are a couple of backwards sponsor logos on a few adboards which shouldn't be hard to fix. But I haven't gone over the track with a fine tooth comb yet to see if there is anything major that i'm missing.

Incidentally, if any knows of any major problems i'm overlooking, please point them out.
Are you working on the 'Enver Bozkaya, ACU, OSRW & AC Reboot Team' version of the track?

The (exit of the) connecting road of the Intermediate track is quite rough, is that something you could fix? Would be very nice :D

Does anyone find it super odd that there doesn't seem to be any skins or skin packs floating around for the URD Radical SR10 XXR? I see plenty of SR3 XXR packs and tbf, it's free, but it's not like URD paid mods aren't an established thing
Indeed. I made a bunch of crappy ones for myself with my extremely limited understanding. I literally took the stock skins and added numbers to the front panel (and then added names, teams, etc.). It looks OK, but it's rough in comparison to skilled skin makers. I am a stickler in that I need different numbered cars for events.

I'd definitely be interested in a pack if there is indeed one floating out there.

Last edited:
A quick Google found these:
and none of those are for the SR10, which was the car they were asking about.

Anyone got any clue who made these two mods?
image_2024-07-04_015738520.pngimage_2024-07-04_015748185.png

Think the E36 is FSR? Seeing as he's had the E36 as one of this paid mods on his patreon for a month or two now.

Nevermind figured it out, Its FSR that is just converting the rF2 Super touring mods by Cyril Cherry from the steam workshop.
Annoyingly the mapping has been changed somewhere between so can't just put all the liveries made specifically for the PM3DM version onto this one :(

Last edited:
@Ale2Passos
I would not recommend the update, I've just spend at least an hour trying to figure out why suddenly all my Kunos cars were updated (as shown by the green dot in CM)

It will reset all your custom previews and other changes you've made to Kunos files! Luckily I have a good backup system, so was able to rollback. It also gave me the opportunity to see what has been changed compared to my backup.

The update changes the following files:

\content\gui\NationFlags\TWN.png has been changed to the Chinese Taipei Olympic Committee flag
\launcher\themes\.base\ac.utils.js on line 1036 "TWN": "Taiwan", has been changed to "TWN": "Taiwan, China",
\launcher\themes\default\js\ac.localization.chs.js line 535 "Taiwan": "
台湾", has been changed to "Taiwan, China": "中国台湾",
\launcher\themes\default\js\ac.localization.cht.js line 538 "Taiwan": "
台灣", has been changed to "Taiwan, China": "中國臺灣",
\launcher\themes\default\modules\profile\profile.html line 283 value="TWN">Taiwan has been changed to value="TWN">Taiwan, China

Very weird that Kunos has decided that Taiwan is now part of China (People's Republic of China). A very controversial topic!

To only interesting change is in to the following files:

\acs.exe file size was 22.918.296 is now 22.890.776
\acs_x64.exe file size was 21.921.880 is now 21.895.384
\content\cars\ks_audi_r18_etron_quattro\data.acd inside this archive the ratios.rto file has been changed

Here is an archive with both the 'original' files and the files that have been changed in this update: https://modsfire.com/5833Ua9G5g0wG8o

Last edited:
Anyone got any clue who made these two mods?
View attachment 1369692View attachment 1369693

Think the E36 is FSR? Seeing as he's had the E36 as one of this paid mods on his patreon for a month or two now.

Nevermind figured it out, Its FSR that is just converting the rF2 Super touring mods by Cyril Cherry from the steam workshop.
Annoyingly the mapping has been changed somewhere between so can't just put all the liveries made specifically for the PM3DM version onto this one :(
one of the people over at FSR did say they were going to sort that out so all skins can be swapped from the PM3DM version. Not sure when they will get around to it though. I've held of skinning this car for this reason

Last edited:
one of the people over at FSR did say they were going to sort that out so all skins can be swapped from the PM3DM version. Not sure when they will get around to it though. I've held of skinning this car for this reason
He mentioned in the ACFSK discord that he'd put out an updated version of PM3DM's version for free with just the interior update, But idk when that is supposedly coming out or if it's even going to come out.

Are you working on the 'Enver Bozkaya, ACU, OSRW & AC Reboot Team' version of the track?

The (exit of the) connecting road of the Intermediate track is quite rough, is that something you could fix? Would be very nice :D
I believe that's the version i'm editing. Unfortunately i'm not a mesh guy so I don't think I could do anything about the road surface. Sorry...

I got Nuzzis Pit App working. For me it was confligting lua app, CRF Config App. I disapled the app and pit stops work again!
Thanks so much! Finally got it working again. You're a genius, I didn't even think to check any other apps other than RARE 😅

Last edited:
i finished switching my ac and also launched the game via steam and now its „stuck“ saying „loading car metadata 100%“ can i close the original launcher and now open it with cm?
That happens, if you have too many mod tracks or cars installed. I had the same effect some weeks ago, when I transfered AC to my new PC. But that's no problem. You only have to start AC via Steam once, that steam can install additional stuff needed for AC to work. It's not necessary to load AC completely. Just open the Task Manger (STRG + ALT + ENTF) and stop the AC task. Now AC should start via CM as before.

Regarding Simplygon's ridiculous paywall and the lack of mod LODs since, I was reminded of this Blender method that I used before Simplygon was integrated into CM. Might be worth investigating? I seem to remember being able to produce a set of rudimentary LODs in about 10 mins. Won't be as quick and easy as Simplygon, but better than nothing.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back