Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,185 comments
What an orgy of layouts...
I want to squeeze everything possible out of the track! :)

View attachment 1369967
download-_1_.jpg

Last edited:
Blue/grey mountains are normally a fog or smog issue.
If the mountains 'wobble' then that's usually insufficient far clip plains, but I don't think that will solve the blue/grey mountains.
In Sol (and Pure) reducing fog/smog should fix it, but you'll probably lose the rest of the nice 'fade with distance' depth effect that fog/smog provides.
Changing the time of day can also help, so the sun direction on the mountain is different.
Where can one change clip plain, as I have this problem but only with Willow Spring
Tried (and failed at places) to update 101Creative's forgotten-or-forever-in-beta VX220 (2 years! Come on!).

changes :

• rear lights, indicators, low / high beams, tyres from his Opel Speedster.
  • added plate livery and stock colours from my version of the Speedster / VX220 with optional black roof colour

View attachment 1369878

View attachment 1369879

What still needs to be done : proper understanding of emissive and refracting lights. That ain't for my monke brain.
Oh and revamping the interior like his Speedster.

Maybe 101Creative will see this and FINALLY RELEASE IT. Or not.
@petercrill is the man behind :D

has anyone else purchased pure 0.40? i cant get even one ppf filters to look as good on the new pure(lcs) compared to default Ilja controller and also compared to pure gamma. pure gamma works great as it always has with pure filters and many others. CSP default weather controller looks even better with certain lcs filters... but i cant get any filter to look good on pure-lcs compared to default lcs or this guys earlier work. does the guying who gets
$60,000 a month on patreon know what he is doing? his lcs work so far is so bad. it is no problem for me as i can always use default ilja settings, or cancel my subcription, but what is the point of spending money on a product that makes the game look worse??? these early lcs releases should be free beta mods.
Well, something seems really wrong reg. your settings or you just did not install it properly. This shot was taken with LCS and pure candy ppfilter, without altering anything.

Screenshot_ds3_2011_track_beginner_course_2-6-124-23-51-40.png

Let me know if you need help in setting up pure or CM.

Last edited:
Regarding Simplygon's ridiculous paywall and the lack of mod LODs since, I was reminded of this Blender method that I used before Simplygon was integrated into CM. Might be worth investigating? I seem to remember being able to produce a set of rudimentary LODs in about 10 mins. Won't be as quick and easy as Simplygon, but better than nothing.
Well, yes and no. Best way to get a quick LOD yes, but that would be an awful one. Needs a few quick and easy steps to make a still quick, but more decent one.

First, a quick sorting :
  • Once you have opened your fbx in Blender, keep the object mode for now and create a few collections (3, for exemple), like "important", "not important" and "useless".
  • Select all the important objects you know you want to keep in "good" shape, like all the car body, rims, tires, windshields and for some open-top models, some parts of the interior (hold shift for multiple selections. Or Ctrl, don't remember the vanilla one, sorry).
  • Click M and move them to their respective collection.
  • Do the same for the "less important", it should include interior main parts, some visible exterior parts like brake discs, underbody, grids, exhaust, logos, lights parts, etc.
  • Same thing for the "useless", should include everything that is out of sight from the complete car FROM THE OUTSIDE VIEW, like interior windshied, and too small objects/detailing, like bolts, screws, etc. You should not have anything left outside of a collection, but better to do it step by step so you don't miss anything.
  • hide the useless one but don't delete it yet.

Second, reducing polys :
  • Select all objects from the important one (hide all collections except this one, then click A), go to Edit mode (click Tab), select all Vertices (click A again), go to mesh - clean up - decimate geometry. Choose a result somewhere around 0.5 to 0.2 (depending on the model's quality, the worst it is the more you might want to keep it intact. on the other hand, the more polys, the more you need to shave).
  • Do the same for the less important group, but this time choose a result between 0.2 and 0.1
  • Show in visible both collections. Select all, Edit mode, Select all again (A, Tab, A), click M to merge vertices, choose by distance, navigate the distance to your liking (ideally, you shoudn't see differences before/after while maximizing the merge number).
  • Now take a look around. If you DON'T see any holes/parts missing/bugs and stuff around, you can go ahead and delete all objects in the useless collection.

Third, in case it's needed :
  • In the Top right part of the viewport, you should be in "solid mode". Keep it. Click the little arrow next to the "overlay" and select "face orientation" under geometry. Blue means visible, red means unvisible.
  • Select all your objects from both collections in object mode, switch to edit mode and select all vertices (A, Tab, A).
  • Go to mesh - normals - set from faces
  • Look around to control if everything appears in blue on the car. To control the interior, simply hide the windscreen objects.
  • If a rebel scum decide to switch orientation for no reason (it can happen, especially with borked models), select all the model's vertices (again, select object, Tab to switch mode, A to select all), go to mesh - normals - recalculate outside, or inside, until you got the right face.

In the end, you wont have a good LOD_B but it should come out correct enough.

LOD_C and LOD_D are a bit different, but you apply the same method for the poly reduction, except you will need to reduce also the number of object and material. You can use Ctrl+J to join object together (with the same material), and you can edit/select a different material for an object in the Editor properties - Material properties (best to use the most basic ones, except car body and rims paint, which must remain the same to avoid a conflict with the texture for a skin).

Last edited:
For anyone who wants to try it, i've uploaded a test version of the changes i've made to Instanbul Park so far. It's a full track version because it's easier for me to test and change things this way. Don't worry, it's a standalone track for now and won't interfere with your original version. You can safely delete it if you don't like it. In your track list, it will come up as 'Istanbul Park Test'.

Istanbul Park Test

List of changes I can remember:

-- New grass textures.
-- New VAO patches.
-- Jumbotrons are live via a track skin. They can be turned off by disabling the skin.
-- Fixes to some of the shader and material entries. No value changes, but a bunch of them had the same names which disabled a lot of the lights that were supposed to come on.
-- Added some trees and treewalls to hide some dead space areas.
-- Other little tweaks here and there.

One thing i've noticed with this track is a ton of z-fighting and flickering. So much that I wouldn't even know where to begin to try and correct them all. At first I thought it was something I did, but I tested an unedited copy of the original track and it does the same thing. Does anyone else have the same problem with this track or could I possibly have an older version?

Last edited:
has anyone else purchased pure 0.40? i cant get even one ppf filters to look as good on the new pure(lcs) compared to default Ilja controller and also compared to pure gamma. pure gamma works great as it always has with pure filters and many others. CSP default weather controller looks even better with certain lcs filters... but i cant get any filter to look good on pure-lcs compared to default lcs or this guys earlier work. does the guying who gets
$60,000 a month on patreon know what he is doing? his lcs work so far is so bad. it is no problem for me as i can always use default ilja settings, or cancel my subcription, but what is the point of spending money on a product that makes the game look worse??? these early lcs releases should be free beta mods.
Gosh. Someone got out of bed on the wrong side today.

And yes. Peter Boese does know what he's doing. He has made AC/CSP look better than ever with his fantastic work. I think it's highly likely you've just screwed up your PP Filter or CSP settings, or simply haven't followed the proper installation instructions. Throwing all your toys at Peter isn't going help fix it either. Besides that, being so accusatory is not a good look.

Last edited:
Please just have a look if everything is installed properly on your side. Actually every ppfilter should work in Pure LCS, because i correct many things if no specific pure script exists. So the things are like on a preset mode. I guess something happend on your side and if you open the ingame Lua Debug app and there is a red dot, some error occurs.
For now no one complained about in that amount of Pure LCS's look, so it might be a problem on your side, which is fixable, but it would need some kind of politeness to do this in a good way.

Why don't you report this at Pure Discord Server at first? Idk if you follow my support work at Patreon or Discord, but i try to reply to every question and i think noone can say that i'm not responsible for my work...

Last edited:
Tried (and failed at places) to update 101Creative's forgotten-or-forever-in-beta VX220 (2 years! Come on!).

changes :

• rear lights, indicators, low / high beams, tyres from his Opel Speedster.
  • added plate livery and stock colours from my version of the Speedster / VX220 with optional black roof colour

View attachment 1369878

View attachment 1369879

What still needs to be done : proper understanding of emissive and refracting lights. That ain't for my monke brain.
Oh and revamping the interior like his Speedster.

Maybe 101Creative will see this and FINALLY RELEASE IT. Or not.
This car will be my next release when I get around to finishing a few things on it, it's not a continuation of 101Creative but a fresh convert. I'm hoping to have it ready in the next couple of weeks.

Screenshot_nrms_vauxhall_vx220_turbo_rmi_milbantos_15-1-124-11-38-45.jpg

It's release Friday!

This time lets celebrate track number 100 with the most downloaded WIP track Daytona 1970!

DAYTONA 1970 release

This 3D-track was made for Grand Prix Legends by Sergio Loro and Ginetto. GTR2 conversion and enhancement by motorFX, Philrob and BillBro. It was converted by Rainmaker to Assetto Corsa. Thank you Philrob for the permission.

Features:
-both layouts road and oval
-competitive AI
-working track map
-support for hot lap mode
-replay cameras by DaBaeda
-support for time attack mode
-40 pit boxes with working pit lane
-RainFX, GrassFX, water shader
-night lights
-option for bumpy and smooth road meshes in extras folder, standard is bumpy

KNOWN ISSUES: Some corners are edgy in design.

Get always the latest version here:

bgr00.jpg
bgr01.jpg
bgr02.jpg
bgr03.jpg

Road to 100 logo.png

This is track #100 released!​

Last edited:
For anyone who wants to try it, i've uploaded a test version of the changes i've made to Instanbul Park so far. It's a full track version because it's easier for me to test and change things this way. Don't worry, it's a standalone track for now and won't interfere with your original version. You can safely delete it if you don't like it. In your track list, it will come up as 'Istanbul Park Test'.

Istanbul Park Test

List of changes I can remember:

-- New grass textures.
-- New VAO patches.
-- Jumbotrons are live via a track skin. They can be turned off by disabling the skin.
-- Fixes to some of the shader and material entries. No value changes, but a bunch of them had the same names which disabled a lot of the lights that were supposed to come on.
-- Added some trees and treewalls to hide some dead space areas.
-- Other little tweaks here and there.

One thing i've noticed with this track is a ton of z-fighting and flickering. So much that I wouldn't even know where to begin to try and correct them all. At first I thought it was something I did, but I tested an unedited copy of the original track and it does the same thing. Does anyone else have the same problem with this track or could I possibly have an older version?
Well, already it's a changed venue. Significantly less GPL-style, significantly more AC2024.
Item you may or may not want to address:
On the right, yes, the inside :guilty:, of the exit of turn 10, there seems to be nothing with a collider.
Ask me how I know 🤪

@Rainmaker87 Many, many congratulations on getting to triple digits! 👏👏👏

Last edited:
Well, something seems really wrong reg. your settings or you just did not install it properly. This shot was taken with LCS and pure candy ppfilter, without altering anything.

View attachment 1369985

Let me know if you need help in setting up pure or CM.
For me, PureLCS is a game changer, although it still has some shortcomings and work to be done. I play in VR with Quest 2, and the colours, shadows and general lighting just blows everything else clean out of the water! Trying to get into EA WRC's blurry cartoon world is now even more difficult...pretty much impossible.

Of course, you can make PureGamma look very nice also, and every setup and eye is different. But for me, PureLCS runs very nice straight of the box.

I generally don't tinker with the Pure settings, running all default, and I use Chris Kennedy's "Natural Mod PP Filter" which looks very...natural. Some of the previous versions of the filter (pre LCS) have looked a bit flat and dull on my setup. The Quest 2 has its limitations when it comes to adjusting brightness, contrast and colours, and you pretty much just have to use them as they are. But right now, things are looking very, very good!

It's release Friday!

This time lets celebrate track number 100 with the most downloaded WIP track Daytona 1970!

DAYTONA 1970 release

This 3D-track was made for Grand Prix Legends by Sergio Loro and Ginetto. GTR2 conversion and enhancement by motorFX, Philrob and BillBro. It was converted by Rainmaker to Assetto Corsa. Thank you Philrob for the permission.

Features:
-both layouts road and oval
-competitive AI
-working track map
-support for hot lap mode
-replay cameras by DaBaeda
-support for time attack mode
-40 pit boxes with working pit lane
-RainFX, GrassFX, water shader
-night lights
-option for bumpy and smooth road meshes in extras folder, standard is bumpy

KNOWN ISSUES: Some corners are edgy in design.

Get always the latest version here:

View attachment 1370082View attachment 1370083View attachment 1370084View attachment 1370085

View attachment 1370086
This is track #100 released!​

I congratulate you very much, thank you very much for your work, your quality, your effort

This car will be my next release when I get around to finishing a few things on it, it's not a continuation of 101Creative but a fresh convert. I'm hoping to have it ready in the next couple of weeks.

View attachment 1370064
That's my real life car! Should you need any help, I'd be more than happy to assist in any way :)

Attachments

• 20221226_121211.jpg
    20221226_121211.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 4
  • FB_IMG_1719234875421.jpg
    FB_IMG_1719234875421.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220716_112431.jpg
    20220716_112431.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Nissan GT-R R35 2007 Public Release!!
Download: https://sharemods.com/nls5vppw56zm/gtr_nissan_r35_2007_1.0_101creative.zip.html
Converted From GT6
-AO inside and out
-Realistic Dashboard
-Physics By VR DRIVING AI
-CSP Settings
-Driver Animation
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@norms,@Mascot,and others

View attachment 1370092View attachment 1370093View attachment 1370094View attachment 1370095View attachment 1370096View attachment 1370097View attachment 1370098View attachment 1370099

Nice, but interior getting wet during raining :)

Attachments

• wet.png
    wet.png
    183.5 KB · Views: 1
Punta del Este ePrix v1.0

Screenshot_ks_porsche_cayman_gt4_clubsport_punta_del_este_eprix_5-6-124-20-44-54.jpg

Punta del Este Street Circuit is a street circuit located in Punta del Este, Uruguay. It runs along the town's harbour – nicknamed the Monte Carlo of South America. (Wikipedia)

Conversion from rFactor2.

-CSP recommended
-26 pit/start
-AI, cam

NOTE; If you are using Sol and the track screen is dark, rename ext_config_for_sol.ini to ext_config.ini in the extension folder.

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor2 Original Track by Garitt Gibsn and Errol Prefet
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
Crowds texture by Kniker97
marshall, cameraman and some textures by kunos

Download (MEGA)

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member Woodtom14.

There isn't a high-quality Calibra available on the market. Have you ever considered making a Calibra
I think that would require a scratch built model? I can't do that, but I would also love to see a standard Calibra in the game. I think someone was posting progress shots of one being built on RaceDepartment a little while ago though.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back