Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,358 comments
I know the answer to this one. You can't post other people's work without their permission even if you give them credit. I'm surprised you didn't get a notice explaining why it was removed. I tried to post my Le Mans 67 track there a month or so ago and it was pulled within a day with that explanation. I questioned it and pointed them to another resource where the creator used someone else's track without permission and was ignored. I guess they have selective rules over there. Some people can do what they want and some can't.
I know I have to have permission and I have permission from doublezero

Hmm, that's weird. :confused:
Having done some more digging, it's not all the Kunos content, it's just the Kunos DLC content.
Do you have custom previews and/or made changes to the ui_car.json files?
I have custom previews for every Kunos car, but only a few ui_car.json changes.

Last edited:
Or he's taken it from whichever 3D site Bazza got his because since he's been encrypting stuff it'd be a tad hard to bypass that.

It's custom made for the WSC mod that one, there's one or two that are/were. It's only the 'light' encryption, not the full version, so it can be ripped from the showroom with certain tools.

Last edited:
after having gone through all 23 skin directories of the (fw_clio_cup_5_2024) mod, running the batch file in each skin folder to compress the DDS (btw saving a whooping 1GB of diskspace on this 1 car mod alone by compressing the dds files and then using compactor!)
I would like to repeat my question in hopes someone can pull it off ...

Anyone knows how to rewrite the batch file to recursively have the compress command go over every subfolder of the folder you run the batchfile in?

This would save hundreds of Gigabytes of diskspace (and the need for me to replace an SSD with a bigger one, as all my M.2 slots are already filled) , but I do not want to do this manually 1by1 on thousands of skin folders ...
Content Launcher has a tool to compress everything it can for all the cars, tracks, skins, sounds everything. it also keeps track of what has been compressed so if you add something new it will only compress that

Content Launcher has a tool to compress everything it can for all the cars, tracks, skins, sounds everything. it also keeps track of what has been compressed so if you add something new it will only compress that
thanks, I know about the CM compress tool (but I use Compactor instead -as it saves even more diskspace then the CM tool does)
but what we're talking about here (converting the dds in DXT5 without mipmaps) is afaik not something the compress tool of CM does... and using dds compression gives an additional gain in saved space (if after compression you compact again using compactor or the CM tool).

Hi All
Would anyone have a Volvo 122 But the 4 door version They could share with me please, The Road version was available a few years ago but the link was taken down.
Also chasing a Renault 10 and a Alfa Sud

Last edited:
ARRRRRGGGGGGUHHHHH..
CM does NOT have a tool to compress... it simply accesses win 10/11 native compression (as does Compactor UI)

PLEASE STOP WITH THIS CM HAS A COMPRESS TOOL BS THNX

ARRRRRGGGGGGUHHHHH..
CM does NOT have a tool to compress... it simply accesses win 10/11 native compression (as does Compactor UI)

PLEASE STOP WITH THIS CM HAS A COMPRESS TOOL BS THNX
well the mistake is easily made , if you see how they described the tool in CM ...

1720343596574.png

So not really the guys fault :)
They should refer to this Windows (LZX) compression as "compact" , like the windows command ...
to not confuse it with DDS compression (DXT5)

Anyway , to summarize it, you can do both things to save extra diskspace:

1) compress DDS (if they aren't already by the author of the mod)
and save the DDS files as DXT5 compressed ones, without mipmaps (saving an extra 25% just by ommitting the mipmaps alone)
You can do that now because AC will create the mipmaps on the fly (for DXT5 compressed DDS that is, not if it's DXT7 appaerantly)
For compressing to DXT5 without mipmaps you can install ImageMagick (thanks @Frank25 for sharing this ),
and use this batchfile (thx @andrevr for helping to provide the code to do the loop over the subdirs!)
(copy the batch file in the main car skins folder, and it will go 1 level deep into each skin directory and compress all found DDS files to DXT5 without mipmaps).
You can change the "mipmaps=0" to "mipmaps=1" in the batch file if you do want mipmaps created and stored in the files (but again this is not needed).
Once the batch file has run cut and paste it in the dir above (dir of the car mod), so you know you have used it on that mod, and so you can easily do step 2

2) compact the files of the mod (not just the DDS files, select the entire folder) using the CM Compress tool ( which should be renamed to CM Compact tool for making it less confusing) or better yet use Compactor instead (does a better and faster job) .
tip : if you have pasted the batch file in the root folder of the mod , you will easily be able to select the car folder (sorting on Date changed).

And for those who missed it , doing only step 2 does not give you as much gained diskspace as doing step 1 and then 2...
I tested this and compared (see here).

Trick one of them into double posting, then a mod will appear as if by magic.
Or use the Report feature like a sensible person - and one person did...

Thanks for adding to the clean-up rather than being a grown-up, again.

(to save further questions and the inevitable inability to keep it where it should be: no unless he tries to get round it with a new account in which case yes, a consequence of totting-up [often from the inability to keep it where it should be; six warnings], a month)

2) compact the files of the mod (not just the DDS files, select the entire folder) using the CM Compress tool ( which should be renamed to CM Compact tool for making it less confusing) or better yet use Compactor instead (does a better and faster job) .
tip : if you have pasted the batch file in the root folder of the mod , you will easily be able to select the car folder (sorting on Date changed).

And for those who missed it , doing only step 2 does not give you as much gained diskspace as doing step 1 and then 2...
I tested this and compared (see here).
I agree with compactor, fast and and does the job well

I do. But it feels different to the WSC one... and I can adjust the steering forces to my own liking with Legion's version. I've also added the option of a set of 70's slicks for a bit of fun too.
This is it: the most essential explanation for why encryption sucks (especially data encryption). For those of use who don't just use the sim for taking pretty pictures, being able to tinker is essential!

The real appeal of AC is to "have it your way": making changes large and small to suit your niche interests and preferences. BoP, adding new features to setup, changing tires, etc, etc, etc. I'd sooner keep a mediocre mod I can improve and customize than a "good" mod with an annoyance locked behind encryption.

We're all just grown up dorks playing with cars in our basements. People need to lighten up and stop telling others how to play with their toys! If you want to scream and cry about theft, go join an American politics forum.

Edit: meant to add something that might actually be useful to someone. I usually tinker with physics, but thanks to @shi I recently learned how to use CSP to change wheels, which led me to using CSP mesh edits to make quick deletions of vanity license plates, ugly spoilers, and more (you'll often need to use CM to redo the AO because the removed part might have a shadow). Shi's post has some nice wheels to start playing with, and his code is easy to adapt to other cars: https://www.patreon.com/posts/car-update-and-92444275

Last edited:
Released : 2002 Nissan Silvia Spec-R AERO Touring Car
Author:F302
3D Model : GT6
Texture Update : F302 (rework)
Skins: F302
3d work: F302
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
tested on CSP 0.2.4-preview1
PP filer PURE LIFE EVO GT
have fun!
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager

Screenshot_f302_nissan_silvia_rm_spec_fn_imola_3-6-124-20-21-44.jpg

Released : 2002 Nissan Silvia Spec-R AERO Touring Car
Author:F302
3D Model : GT6
Texture Update : F302 (rework)
Skins: F302
3d work: F302
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
tested on CSP 0.2.4-preview1
PP filer PURE LIFE EVO GT
have fun!
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager

View attachment 1370703
what's the passenger seat for? taking your mum shopping?. Class should be changed to street instead of race as no real race car has a passenger seat in it.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back