Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 135,267 comments
If they are all handcrafted and not stolen why not, there should be no limitation to what's available.

@Peter Boese I completely agree with you, but I'm more concerned about one particular aspect, especially regarding paid mods : licensing. RSS or VRC are good exemples of the "avoidance strategy", even quite hypocritical it is technically, more or less, legal. But that prevent the user to get a "real names and badge" add-on, which would probably be denied on an official marketplace (even if, still, legal in theory). Skinmakers could also get into trouble quite often (you can't sell a visual representation of a brand or trademark without their consent), especially for the newer stuff as it is probably way more monitored than vintage content. Same goes for tracks if they are trademarked, which is the vast majority of them.
To be able to sell those without the proper copyright agreement from the seller, at least the marketplace would need a general agreement, or contract towards those brands to certify the rights to sell, which would be near impossible to have (many, many loopholes ahead... or, way too expensive).
It could be very good news for paidmod control and restriction, compared to the ****show it is today, but also a pretty repulsive one leading to the plummeting of the offer, therefor of the users. Or Am I missing something ?

It's a really complicated subject.
I would love to have a chat with Kunos' lawyer team to learn and understand more of this.
these patreon types should be forced by Kunos to pay for real car licences to have their mods in the proposed mod setup they are doing. if you are going to make money from mods, why not pay licenses?

In short, if what you did is free of charge, so "non-profit", that means you didn't get any advantage (money) out of it. You're not legally in the clear, but no team of lawyer will hunt you down for something that is not profitable for you, and free advertising for their client. Win/win situation. With the exception of Nintendo, dudes are crazy with their product identity, don't you dare make your own mario with hookers and cocaïne, I tell ya.

An intellectual property is commonly understand as "At least 90% identical". Changing names is a way of avoiding it which works in some parts of the world (Russia, for exemple) but doesn't elsewhere (USA or France, for exemple), where a counterfeit remains a counterfeit, whatever name you put on it.

EDIT : @Twisteddrift looks a lot like Gilles75 is back hahaha Don't. just don't.
Ford did worst at one time, suing the Black Mustang Club of America for making and selling calendar they made out of members cars, sold only to those very member

https://jalopnik.com/black-mustang-club-tussles-then-makes-nice-with-ford-o-344007

Your dogged determination to get this right, is both admirably on-brand, and, perversly, entertaining to watch play out :)
Your efforts highly appreciated, sir :cheers:
OCD is both funny and frustrating at times. And unfortunately, I have it again. I ran a race on one of the F1 layouts last night and noticed the brake markers are missing. It's a simple fix, but I hate to keep putting out these small updates. I imagine people are getting tired of them.

Does anyone know if these circuits are ok to purchase from?
NO

Gilles75 converted tracks without any credits to the original authors and put them behind a paywall. They are also very subpar as well.

Myself (and others) have reconverted many of these from source WITH the original authors permissions and graces. as well as enhanced graphics, very high standards of quality and implemented modern game enhancements

Last edited:
Missing brake marker fix for Pyyer's F1 layouts on rj_istanbul_park. Just extract and overwrite when it asks. If you have the Moveable Kerb Cones skin enabled, disable it first before extracting the files.

While I was at it, I also added a little emissive values to the F1 layout bridges. If you would like them to be brighter or to turn them off, open the ext_config and search for Bridge Emissives. There should be 5 entries in a row. Edit the values to your liking or set them to inactive to turn off the emissives.

The full track link includes these files already for future downloads.

Attachments

• rj_istanbul_park_f1_layout_brakemarker_fix.zip
    26 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Does anyone know if these circuits are ok to purchase from?
I’m not a fan of his converted from old games creations, but that’s in my case always counting for 90% of the to AC converted tracks. Most are full of converting mismatches, flying objects, low poly and 2D models, but apparently some do not care and rank them as excellent made at Overtake. :indiff:
Before buying check them out for free, at:
Btw are you searching for a specific track, as there are maybe better made alternatives in the @Breathe list. :gtpflag:

https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/authors/gilles75.264492/

Last edited:
these patreon types should be forced by Kunos to pay for real car licences to have their mods in the proposed mod setup they are doing. if you are going to make money from mods, why not pay licenses?
That's what should happen, but will definitely not (no one is gonna do it for a few pennies)
Ford did worst at one time, suing the Black Mustang Club of America for making and selling calendar they made out of members cars, sold only to those very member

https://jalopnik.com/black-mustang-club-tussles-then-makes-nice-with-ford-o-344007
"Ford has no problem with Mustang or other car owners taking pictures of their vehicles for use in club materials like calendars. What we do have an issue with are individuals using Ford's logo and other trademarks for products they intend to sell."

That's the american law and that club should have known it, nothing wrong here. No, you cannot make profit on the product of someone else without their agreement. The same calendar with all logos blurred wouldn't be a problem, for exemple (silly, right?).
"Ford contacted them saying that our calendar pics infringes on Ford's trademarks which include the use of images of THEIR vehicles" exactly, and they are right, and feeling outraged by it wont change it. Buying the car doesn't give you the rights on its trademark (it's written litterally in any selling contract, that thing nobody read). You bought a Mustang, not the whole company. You can sell the image of that mustang without Ford agreement if it's nowhere recognizable that it's a Ford (no logos, distorded silhouette, etc).

If the calendar was handed for free to any member (so, non-profit), the same would have been reaaaally wrong for Ford's image, but right here it's a normal procedure, mainly to prevent further abusive situation.

Speaking of abusive, this discussion has drifted from the AC subject quite a bit, sorry, might be time to stop :lol:

__custom_showroom_1720877729.jpg

Released : DTM 2020
Author:F302
3D Model Car ,3D Model: Rims: SimBin,RRRE
Texture Update : F302 (rework)
Skins: SimBin
3d work: F302
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
tested on CSP 0.2.4-preview1
PP filer PURELIFE EVO GT
have fun!
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager

Screenshot_legion_ralt_rt3_83_lore_silverstone_1983_13-6-124-14-57-8.png

Screenshot_legion_ralt_rt3_83_lore_silverstone_1983_13-6-124-14-57-39.png

Screenshot_legion_ralt_rt3_83_lore_silverstone_1983_13-6-124-14-57-42.png

Release: New Track Silverstone 1983, Updated Ralt, Updated F3 Championship
Hi,

Heres the new Silverstone 1983 track. It will eventually be used for the WSC 1983 replacing the older one I released.

It now has a club layout with AI by Gu.

This is for the 1983 F3 Championship which has been updated also to reflect this.

Lastly the RALT RT3/83 has been updated also.

Enjoy

Last edited:
View attachment 1372166
hope u enjoy the Car
PP filer PURELIFE EVO GT
have fun!

I'm gonna try this, thank you man.

View attachment 1372166
hope u enjoy the Car
PP filer PURELIFE EVO GT
have fun!

Great, the next FSR Mods, that will be replaced :-)

Thx

Last edited:
View attachment 1372166
hope u enjoy the Car
PP filer PURELIFE EVO GT
have fun!

Traction control is loud on external views sounding a bit funny but everything looking and feeling good, thanks!

Last edited:
The first, the first... driving a 911 GT1 (please to put a green of envy emoji here)... The closest I have come to driving a car of a certain level is reduced to a couple of corners in a parking lot with a Lancer EVO IV and a couple of iddle accelerations in a Ferrari Testarossa... Sad resume, although I console myself with my Abarth 595...😢

By the way, I miss half of the joke; I don't know if Mantorp Park is a den of vice and perversion, or something similar... I'm going to take a look at BSL (Breathe's Sacred List), as that track is not among the ones I have on AC.
I would argue that Mantorp is one the best racing avenues in Sweden as of this moment. Anderstorp is a close second but they rarely host anything anymore other than Drag racing & the occasional time attack event. I'm not sure there is an definitive version of it on Assetto Corsa as most are using Race 07's variant & that version is lacking the elevation changes into T1 & 2. I know someone made an classic version but idk how accurate it is since i was not born when that layout was active.

Last edited:
That's the american law and that club should have known it, nothing wrong here...

Speaking of abusive, this discussion has drifted from the AC subject quite a bit, sorry, might be time to stop :lol:
As modders often (un)intentionally infringe on copyright I would argue this is on topic, if only tangentially. This interpretation of copyright and the defense of intellectual property clause, in the USA at least, is incorrect. I don't intend to be rude, but I do worry such comments can sow confusion in the AC modding community.

Ford is not a calendar company nor would the 'individual off the street' confuse this club's offering as material sold by the Ford motor company.

Indeed, as stated further down the article:
"Ford did not send the Black Mustang Club a "cease and desist" letter... The decision not to allow the calendars to be printed was made by Cafe Press, because [Ford] had gotten in touch with them in the past about trademark infringements on products they sold.

I think it is great that the Black Mustang Club, and any other enthusiast club, would take pictures of their own vehicles for use in calendars or other materials.

I'm looking forward to purchasing a copy to hang in the garage next to my Mustang (even if mine isn't black)." -- Whitney Drake, Ford Communications

View attachment 1372166
3D work: F302
Hope you enjoy the car
PS : Send feedback, bugs, missing things
tested with CSP 0.2.4-preview1
PP Filer PURELIFE EVO GT
have fun!
To install, move the folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop the archive into the Content Manager

For me, the Audi doesn't move, when I accelerate it starts to spin.
On the other hand, the BMW works fine, although I think the engine dies off too fast.
I use csp 0.2.3 PREVIEW1
Thanks anyway, your work is fantastic.

As modders often (un)intentionally infringe on copyright I would argue this is on topic, if only tangentially. This interpretation of copyright and the defense of intellectual property clause, in the USA at least, is incorrect. I don't intend to be rude, but I do worry such comments can sow confusion in the AC modding community.

Ford is not a calendar company nor would the 'individual off the street' confuse this club's offering as material sold by the Ford motor company.

Indeed, as stated further down the article:
I formulated it badly, the copyright infringement wasn't concerning the club but the printing press from the start (the product seller in that case). My bad. And as you stated, Ford didn't pursue actions against them, they simply informed them and the press is the one who bailed off first, before finally doing it. I guess because, has you said, Ford doesn't sell calendars themselves, so interpretation is in the hands of the lawyers and the "jurisprudence" of the concerned state (dunno if that word exist for you, google trad tells me yes haha). That's were it differes for us, I suppose.

hope u enjoy the Car
PP filer PURELIFE EVO GT
have fun!

is that what you call real LODs? LOD b has almost as many polygons as LOD a on the audi, and on the BMW LODs b and c are the same, and there are far too many objects per LOD.

The first, the first... driving a 911 GT1 (please to put a green of envy emoji here)... The closest I have come to driving a car of a certain level is reduced to a couple of corners in a parking lot with a Lancer EVO IV and a couple of iddle accelerations in a Ferrari Testarossa... Sad resume, although I console myself with my Abarth 595...😢

By the way, I miss half of the joke; I don't know if Mantorp Park is a den of vice and perversion, or something similar... I'm going to take a look at BSL (Breathe's Sacred List), as that track is not among the ones I have on AC.
Yes that would be an awesome car to drive, the most expensive car I've driven is a Land Rover so I need to upgrade soon! 🤣

Nope, Mantorp Park is an awesome track and I'm sure it's on AC somewhere. Always worth the drive.

I would argue that Mantorp is one the best racing avenues in Sweden as of this moment. Anderstorp is a close second but they rarely host anything anymore other than Drag racing & the occasional time attack event. I'm not sure there is an definitive version of it on Assetto Corsa as most are using Race 07's variant & that version is lacking the elevation changes into T1 & 2. I know someone made an classic version but idk how accurate it is since i was not born when that layout was active.
Mantorp is great but didn't realize there was an elevation error on it. Used to love the races in Race07 around there.

For all of you that use Pure, what PPFilter do you use ?
I have tried some and the best for the moment is C13 Aegis, but into some cars (like RSS Porsche 963) the dashboard is very dark and it's hard to view all the details, (like you don't have enough brigthness only in the interior) and I don't manage to solve this.

Mantorp is great but didn't realize there was an elevation error on it. Used to love the races in Race07 around there.
It's not very obvious when looking at videos etc and images. But when driving/walking around it you can tell that T1 has a slight banking to it on the inside to outside. T2 goes kinda upwards but not much. Race 07's version is still good but yeah thats some of the most noticable things after driving it and doing track walks for events.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back