Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,494 comments
Links for both tracks have been updated with new versions. The changes to the rj_hungaroringACC version are minimal and probably not worth the time. The changes to the rj_hungaroring version (the one based on Fenryr's track) are worth the time. For either one, delete your existing track folder first to be safe.

-- ui version number update and slight increase in grass brightness for both versions. If you preferred the darker grass, the old config is still in the extension folder. You just need to rename it.

-- Ported all my changes to Fenryr's new 1.3 track version. Please let me know of any issues you might find.
Thank you for your work @racinjoe013

I just downloaded the latest version but I still get 4 sectors instead of 3 (I'm pretty sure he had changed them on his latest version) and some heavy z-fighting on the F1 Layout (Aramco bridge just after S/F line). Just those two things bothering me a bit, maybe you can have a look for a possible future update.

But other than that, very well done. The track and especially its environment (difference in trees is like day and night) looks really good!

Visual of the Brno start box problem. Can't speak to the other poster's report of how quick/slow the AI is at the moment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_vrc_pt_2024_ferrenzo_csp_brno_circuit_reworked_17-7-124-4-36-31.png
    Screenshot_vrc_pt_2024_ferrenzo_csp_brno_circuit_reworked_17-7-124-4-36-31.png
    329.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_vrc_pt_2024_ferrenzo_csp_brno_circuit_reworked_17-7-124-4-36-40.png
    Screenshot_vrc_pt_2024_ferrenzo_csp_brno_circuit_reworked_17-7-124-4-36-40.png
    373.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_vrc_pt_2024_ferrenzo_csp_brno_circuit_reworked_17-7-124-4-36-52.png
    Screenshot_vrc_pt_2024_ferrenzo_csp_brno_circuit_reworked_17-7-124-4-36-52.png
    265 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
X90
Visual of the Brno start box problem. Can't speak to how quick/slow the AI is at the moment.
This cannot be fixed. If you want I can give you the previous physical road mesh. I cannot understand why on a racing game you're (not you personally) keep staring at other cars wheels instead of the corner apex or start lights etc. Except you are driving on a 3d person cam instead of a cockpit cam. It would be better if you could report on ai instead of visuals. In any case this is it. It won't be fixed by me at least.

Edit: Just tested it with RSS GTM cars. NO issues here. csp 0.2.5-preview1

Edit2: VRC car has indeed this problem. I suspect a car collider problem? Wheel values at data.acd? Car height?

Attachments

• Screenshot_rss_gtm_aero_v10_evo2_brno_circuit_reworked_17-7-124-13-5-20.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_gtm_aero_v10_evo2_brno_circuit_reworked_17-7-124-13-5-20.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_rss_gtm_aero_v10_evo2_brno_circuit_reworked_17-7-124-13-5-11.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_gtm_aero_v10_evo2_brno_circuit_reworked_17-7-124-13-5-11.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_rss_gtm_akuro_v6_evo2_brno_circuit_reworked_17-7-124-13-5-1.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_gtm_akuro_v6_evo2_brno_circuit_reworked_17-7-124-13-5-1.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 6
  • __custom_showroom_1723889553.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1723889553.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Thank you for your work @racinjoe013

I just downloaded the latest version but I still get 4 sectors instead of 3 (I'm pretty sure he had changed them on his latest version) and some heavy z-fighting on the F1 Layout (Aramco bridge just after S/F line). Just those two things bothering me a bit, maybe you can have a look for a possible future update.

But other than that, very well done. The track and especially its environment (difference in trees is like day and night) looks really good!
I'll look into the sectors thing. I may have missed adding one of his new files to the download package. Probably the iobjects kn5 file.

With regards to the z-fighting, is it on the the F1 layout that comes with the track or one of Pyyer's F1 layouts?

shi
Barcelona 1994 v1.0

View attachment 1381434
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya with 1994 layout.
Conversion from rFactor.

-CSP recommended
-40 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Track by F1-S-R (ASR)
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png by @Fanapryde
Animated flagmen by Alessandro Micali (ASR Formula) (Original by doublezero)
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
cameraman and some textures by kunos

Download (MEGA)

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member Connor - Timonike.

Requests are currently not being accepted.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/important-notice-108110777

Hi Shi!

I like your old f1 tracks, but I sadly must say that the important part of the 1994 Barcelona track (the tire chicane) is not good enough.

It is a simple right, but in the real life, they need to turn right, then left, then right again. Check the attached picture!

I think the blue barriers are too short. And maybe you need to move both (white and blue) barrier some meteres before its current position. I think the disctance beetween the blue and white is okay.

I hope you will update the track, when you have time for it. THX!

1723889131377.png

Edit: I added 2 other real life picture.

Attachments

• 1723889654958.png
    1723889654958.png
    573.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 1723889710945.png
    1723889710945.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I'll look into the sectors thing. I may have missed adding one of his new files to the download package. Probably the iobjects kn5 file.

With regards to the z-fighting, is it on the the F1 layout that comes with the track or one of Pyyer's F1 layouts?
It's on the F1 Layout coming with the track.
It's mostly visible when first coming out of the last corner and heading towards the bridge.

I didn't install anything from inside Pyyer's folders cause I lose record times every time he comes out with a new extension.

Hi Shi!

I like your old f1 tracks, but I sadly must say that the important part of the 1994 Barcelona track (the tire chicane) is not good enough.

It is a simple right, but in the real life, they need to turn right, then left, then right again. Check the attached picture!

I think the blue barriers are too short. And maybe you need to move both (white and blue) barrier some meteres before its current position. I think the disctance beetween the blue and white is okay.

I hope you will update the track, when you have time for it. THX!

View attachment 1381719

Edit: I added 2 other real life picture.
Hello.
Thanks for the report! It is very clear.

I lengthened the blue barrier and moved both barriers slightly forward.
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_f2004_barcelona_1994_17-7-124-20-22-35.jpg

Will test and update.

URD and VRC have tried to talk to RSS before about making sure they all dont make the same mod over and over again, But RSS is extremely stubborn about it and refuses to work together with URD and VRC to make sure that dont happen. As such URD and VRC sort of works together and RSS is just doing their thing.

You can ask Bonny on ACFSK discord about it, He'll have no issues explaining how hard RSS is to work with. When it comes to this.
This is blatantly false. RSS used to work with URD and plan who was making certain mods. Then URD decided to release the M4, Oreca and Porsche cup car which RSS were working on. Why work with a team that will back stab you like that?

This is blatantly false. RSS used to work with URD and plan who was making certain mods. Then URD decided to release the M4, Oreca and Porsche cup car which RSS were working on. Why work with a team that will back stab you like that?
+ being not interested anymore after owner change at URD doesn't make you stubborn imo. Idk where those ppl get their infos from all the time.

Re z-fighting, I can see it on the 2022 F1 layout (believe that's Fenryr's):

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_4_2024_rj_hungaroring_17-7-124-14-32-54.jpg

And these vertical, skinny white flashers on the Rolex bridge:

1723898333586.jpeg

Hope that's useful.

PS. Never used to like this track. Now it's a open-wheel fave. 👏 👏

Last edited:
That's not what several people working for URD has said lol

20240817-193345-ks_silverstone-f302_opel_calibra_touringcar.jpg

Released : Opel Calibra DTM´94
Author:F302
3D Model Car ,3D Model: Zero Games Studio
Texture Update : F302 (rework)
Skins: StoffelWaffle
3d work: F302
Lod´s: ACTK
Tweaks ACTK
Physics & Sound :kunos Alfa DTM
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
tested on CSP 0.2.4-preview1
Template include
PP filer PURELIFE EVO GT
have fun!
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager

This cannot be fixed. If you want I can give you the previous physical road mesh. I cannot understand why on a racing game you're (not you personally) keep staring at other cars wheels instead of the corner apex or start lights etc. Except you are driving on a 3d person cam instead of a cockpit cam. It would be better if you could report on ai instead of visuals. In any case this is it. It won't be fixed by me at least.

Edit: Just tested it with RSS GTM cars. NO issues here. csp 0.2.5-preview1

Edit2: VRC car has indeed this problem. I suspect a car collider problem? Wheel values at data.acd? Car height?
I certainly hope it can be.

It is absolutely not visual, the cars literally get stuck in the floor and cannot move. One of them caught fire and exploded. I've recently ran starts with this very car at Dubai and Sebring, zero issues. All three pit straights are flat, Brno included.

It is not nearly as trivial as you imply with your tone - which remains in your post, despite your edits clearly U-Turning and admitting there's a problem. Hopefully it's a language barrier thing.

If not, though, I'd recommend keeping the *****ness to yourself when it turns out something is amiss. Fill in the blank. It's not that big of a deal, it's a small problem that can hopefully be looked at - no need for stamping your feet and frowny faces when someone points it out.

Do you (and the many others on this project) want polite, constructive feedback on your work, or not? I guess that's the fundamental question.

And I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
20240815-162300-ks_silverstone-f302_audi_r8lmp.jpg

Released : Audi R8 LMP 2000-2001
Tweaks ACTK
Physics: RMS
hope u enjoy the Car
Template include
PP filer PURELIFE EVO GT
have fun!

X90
I certainly hope it can be.

It is absolutely not visual, the cars literally get stuck in the floor and cannot move. One of them caught fire and exploded. I've recently ran starts with this very car at Dubai and Sebring, zero issues. All three pit straights are flat, Brno included.

It is not nearly as trivial as you imply with your tone - which remains in your post, despite your edits clearly U-Turning and admitting there's a problem. Hopefully it's a language barrier thing.

If not, though, I'd recommend keeping the *****ness to yourself when it turns out something is amiss. Fill in the blank. It's not that big of a deal, it's a small problem that can hopefully be looked at - no need for stamping your feet and frowny faces when someone points it out.

Do you (and the many others on this project) want polite, constructive feedback on your work, or not? I guess that's the fundamental question.

And I'll leave it at that.
Do you have the same issue with any other cars on this part of the track? If not then it's likely a car issue, not a track issue.
On another track I remember getting launched into the air with one car but couldn't replicate the problem with any other. Turns out the car in question had a broken collider.

Yeah, surely thats what happened. There weren't any cooperation or agreements with them for a looong time before M4, Oreca and PCUP cars. In fact this is the first time i hear RSS were allegedly doing them lol.

edit: Nevermind. Saw the poster's name. Instantly makes sense.

Last edited:
View attachment 1381873
Released : Audi R8 LMP 2000-2001
Tweaks ACTK
Physics: RMS
hope u enjoy the Car
Template include
PP filer PURELIFE EVO GT
have fun!
You.(and.your.cohorts).are.on.fire. 👏👏👏
does zoomies and leaps into sim-rig

Last edited:
Do you have the same issue with any other cars on this part of the track? If not then it's likely a car issue, not a track issue.
On another track I remember getting launched into the air with one car but couldn't replicate the problem with any other. Turns out the car in question had a broken collider.
I didn't notice any issues while hotlapping in this car or in the Lambo RSS, but again, that was only from the pit lane.

Again, it's not like the car is getting "caught" in the road mesh - rather, it's solely the start box, i.e. where the car spawns onto the track for a Race session. The car can't go anywhere, because it's initial point is below the track. It could be that box is simply positioned a hair too low for those specific positions. Not all 499s in this race were caught below the road - only ~4 or 5 of them in a 20 car field.

The Ferrenzo 499 is the VRC - a top-of-the-line pay mod. I've tested this specific car with 4 other tracks now with near-identical start-finish line profiles and near-identical track author credits (yourself included) - no issues.

If it were a car issue, surely those other tracks would exhibit this behavior?

Last edited:
@Rainmaker87

You hinted somewhere that you're continuing this free Phoenix track (this has the 1991 layout, the 1989 and 1990 layouts were slightly different).

This particular version has super fast, fixed ai.

It's very rough otherwise. The graphics and tire walls are screwed but at least it's now very competitive. Very tough to get pole now (unlike the vanilla version of this track which had the slowest ai ever).

The 1989 and 1990 layouts were different. I have the pay track with fixed ai. That pay track looks incredible but it needed the ai fix.

Fixed ai is here for anyone who wants it. It's excellent work by wakamatospecial78 and now very enjoyable

You can see this 1989/1990 layout in my season video starting from 1:05. Yes I'm using TC1 because that 1990 Prost Ferrari actually had TC. In the beginning of that vid I recreated the legendary Senna/Prost crash at Suzuka. :D

I have the pay track and it's brilliant with fixed ai and I'm not asking it for myself but for the community. It's very important track in F1 history and there is not a decent FREE version of it. It's pretty much the only important classic F1 track missing a proper version (save the 1982-1985 Zandvoort... well we have that sandev one but it doesn't work with SD cars). And you are the best classic track creator. And also because ASR 1990 and RSS 1991 cars are such masterpieces. They DESERVE this track.

Last edited:
X90
I didn't notice any issues while hotlapping in this car or in the Lambo RSS, but again, that was only from the pit lane.

Again, it's not like the car is getting "caught" in the road mesh - rather, it's solely the start box, i.e. where the car spawns onto the track for a Race session. The car can't go anywhere, because it's initial point is below the track. It could be that box is simply positioned a hair too low for those specific positions. Not all 499s in this race were caught below the road - only ~4 or 5 of them in a 20 car field.

The Ferrenzo 499 is the VRC - a top-of-the-line pay mod. I've tested this specific car with 4 other tracks now with near-identical start-finish line profiles and near-identical track author credits (yourself included) - no issues.

If it were a car issue, surely those other tracks would exhibit this behavior?
I do not anything to prove to you but in any case, all surfaces are perfectly aligned. I think it is time to consider that it might be another issue.

My edits are there only to help you see that all other cars including Kunos have no problem. By a simple edit at collider kn5 by hit and miss of course since that car is encrypted, shows that the car can sit on the ground properly.

I do not have anything else to say. I cannot fix something that it cannot be fixed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_vrc_pt_2024_ferrenzo_brno_circuit_reworked_17-7-124-16-7-35.jpg
    Screenshot_vrc_pt_2024_ferrenzo_brno_circuit_reworked_17-7-124-16-7-35.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_dtm_brno_circuit_reworked_18-7-124-0-53-52.jpg
    Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_dtm_brno_circuit_reworked_18-7-124-0-53-52.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Blender_ [F__Projects_brno_circuit_reworked_fbx_brno.blend] 18-Aug-24 01_02_46.png
    Blender_ [F__Projects_brno_circuit_reworked_fbx_brno.blend] 18-Aug-24 01_02_46.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Blender_ [F__Projects_brno_circuit_reworked_fbx_brno.blend] 18-Aug-24 01_02_30.png
    Blender_ [F__Projects_brno_circuit_reworked_fbx_brno.blend] 18-Aug-24 01_02_30.png
    121.9 KB · Views: 3
I am not editing my post this time in order to avoid misunderstandings. Non csp version of the car does not have this problem even with unedited collider. It is leaving the grid position just fine in a race start

EDIT on purpose this time.

There are 2 meshes, one is visual and it is not taken into account for physics calculations, and the other is physical in which the car stands. If it was a track mesh problem the car would leave it's grid position because the visual mesh is not taken into account, you just see the wheels sinking and that's all.

I admitted that there was a problem in v2.0 with the cars floating in the air at some points and fixed it. Even when the cars were in the air they kept racing taking into account the physical mesh and didn't get into orbit.

Hope the language barrier can make you understand what I mean

Attachments

• Screenshot_vrc_pt_2024_ferrenzo_brno_circuit_reworked_18-7-124-1-23-23.jpg
    Screenshot_vrc_pt_2024_ferrenzo_brno_circuit_reworked_18-7-124-1-23-23.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back