Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,879 comments
New ads for Zolder67.

I created these for my 1982 and 1984 seasons.

Since we don't have a real 1980's Zolder, the 1967 version is the best alternative. Now it looks at least a bit more like the eighties with the period correct ads.

The layout isn't that different really and can be used in 1982 and 1984. Kleine chicane and Jacky Ickxbocth have been added. But beggars can't be choosers.

9dB1SeH.png

Changes:

X8OncYX.jpg

pl9jbO1.jpg

kW1FYdf.jpg

JcH63hM.jpg

lrGnG4v.jpg

UFySCjM.jpg

If you're interested there is a layout modification (1975-82) for the RTzolder track. It has better road/surface/grip effect and better graphic IMO.

I don't want to be the smart guy here, but BTCC was happening under group A regulations until 1993, so the 405 and the 850 wagon that were posted lately should have their original front bumpers that were available from factory. In 1994 Volvo used the sedan with another bumper and rear wing (and NOT the wagon with another bumper), and Peugeot changed their front bumper as well. I'm sure that most of you are aware of it, but I thought that someone should say it because some mods create confusion when compared to history. They're still nice and well made mods though!
preview.jpg

Yeah the GRID Legends 850 estate is far more accurate

I don't want to be the smart guy here, but BTCC was happening under group A regulations until 1993, so the 405 and the 850 wagon that were posted lately should have their original front bumpers that were available from factory. In 1994 Volvo used the sedan with another bumper and rear wing (and NOT the wagon with another bumper), and Peugeot changed their front bumper as well. I'm sure that most of you are aware of it, but I thought that someone should say it because some mods create confusion when compared to history. They're still nice and well made mods though!
the issue with this is you will end up having 4 different versions of the same car it will get stupid, these cars changed ALOT over time.

the only real way around it to keep it clean is to have 1 model with varying front bumper configs e.t.c a bit like what @Zin5ki did with the Venturi

otherwise it will turn into a right mess (it kind of already is) with the amount of stuff floating around its a full time job to keep up with stuff.

i no that i do not want 2/3/4 versions of a 405 just because of a chin spoiler............

and then the question is where do you stop? the side skirts are different to on the earlier model blah blah the list could go on

I think you timeline is 1 year out there. The Volvo 850 sedan was from 1995, also the first year they were allowed go full monty on the aero, therefore moving away from Group A effectively. 1994 was the Volvo Estate and Alfa doing interesting after-sale alterations to their 155s.

View attachment 1397970

Yeah the GRID Legends 850 estate is far more accurate
Its really confusing why Cyril decided on using the 850 Sedan front bumper on the Estate he made. it has such an better interior than the Grid legends one but the rest of the exterior is just a cobbled together mess.

Guess someone with the skills and knowledge could just take his 850 estate shell and slap the grid legends front bumper on it and make it an ext_config.ini kn5 parts mod to make it more accurate to real life.

BTCC Peugeot/Talbot Sport #45 #46

Install: Choose if you want 4k or 6k and drag that content folder over to CM

The list of changes are endless i have taken another 10 hours to get these skins looking correct i am now happy with them

If you want AO change the name of the main skin file to "405_BODY.DDS"

pictured is without AO

Car: https://modsfire.com/d1vPhx1y6B5nQ22

View attachment 1397914
View attachment 1397915

View attachment 1397829
Hi Great skins but not showing up in game. White car in game and showroom. Preview shows correct livery. Any ideas please.

I have a problem that popped up today with the Highlands track where most of the buildings aren't showing up for some reason. I deleted the track and re-downloaded it via steam verification but the problem is still there. Other tracks seem to be fine though.
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_rs_ks_highlands.jpg

Hi Great skins but not showing up in game. White car in game and showroom. Preview shows correct livery. Any ideas please.
Hello Ken, sorry you are having trouble the only thing i can think of is you have a slightly different version i.e yours may have a different name for the main skin file. Do you have the one from garage-actk? that is the one i am skinning on there should be no reason why it should not work if you have the car i linked in the download.

you have the RHD version and not the LHD STW version i presume? (if that even makes a difference i'm not sure)

maybe try installing again manually its possible CM borked it and didnt put the files in the correct folder it does happen

i'm just throwing every possibility that i can think of out there

Last edited:
I have a problem that popped up today with the Highlands track where most of the buildings aren't showing up for some reason. I deleted the track and re-downloaded it via steam verification but the problem is still there. Other tracks seem to be fine though.
View attachment 1397989
try to reinstall also the ext_config from CM or delete manually from the relative folder and see if this fixes the issue

Hello Ken, sorry you are having trouble the only thing i can think of is you have a slightly different version i.e yours may have a different name for the main skin file. Do you have the one from garage-actk? that is the one i am skinning on there should be no reason why it should not work if you have the car i linked in the download.

you have the RHD version and not the LHD STW version i presume? (if that even makes a difference i'm not sure)

maybe try installing again manually its possible CM borked it and didnt put the files in the correct folder it does happen

Hi. I have the

Cyril Cherry Modding 405 btcc​

Off his patron. Not the actk one.

Hi. I have the

Cyril Cherry Modding 405 btcc​

Off his patron. Not the actk one.
maybe the names have changed, check the names of both car's main .dds file and see if there is a difference. There is no reason why it should not work

i can only help you so much

it will be something simple

Something I've found with the same car, different version, the skins look the same but are actual skin.dds is named differently .

try to reinstall also the ext_config from CM or delete manually from the relative folder and see if this fixes the issue
Odd thing is when I check the track's extension folder it doesn't have the ext_config.ini in the folder. there's the 2 files in assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded and I reinstalled that to no avail but no ext_config.ini assettocorsa\content\tracks\ks_highlands\extension

Odd thing is when I check the track's extension folder it doesn't have the ext_config.ini in the folder. there's the 2 files in assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded and I reinstalled that to no avail but no ext_config.ini assettocorsa\content\tracks\ks_highlands\extension
ext_config is called in that way ONLY if in trackfolder/extension. If in the other is called nameofthetrack.ini

View attachment 1397989
Maybe they demolished in the meantime to make the area more airy. However, the green spaces seem well-kept. :D
Sorry, I don't know really, but I couldn't help myself.

Edit:
Ok, now something is really wrong here, because mine are missing too! or demolished... :confused:
Is anyone else reporting this problem?

Last edited:
I examined the F1 leaderboards and that coding part goes beyond my skill. :D

I'd like to create a 2000's leaderboard. I'm good with Photoshop and I could do all the graphics if someone is capable of doing the code.

Personally, I think it's a major SIN that we don't have a proper leaderboard for this era. I mean who needs yet another modern F1 leaderboard? We have six hundred of them. But ZERO for this magnificent era. I'd also like to create one for 80's and 90's.

Anyone willing to do these with me? These would finish the AC classic F1 experience (which is easily unbeatable anyway).

tyFEpPx.png

Maybe they demolished in the meantime to make the area more airy. However, the green spaces seem well-kept. :D
Sorry, I don't know really, but I couldn't help myself.

Edit:
Ok, now something is really wrong here, because mine are missing too! or demolished... :confused:
Is anyone else reporting this problem?
maybe an update issue? it wasn't doing this yesterday

CM was updated today, again. Change log says: "Configs and VAO patches loading fixed (very sorry about that disruption, now there is a new properly updating service running 24/7)." This could be it?

All tracks config in CSP are "older". Now I update them.

Edit: After updated all the cars and tracks texture, configs and VAO patches, the buildings are still missing. So I check the "original source" on the CSP pages and I found that the buildings was removed two days ago, as "unnecessary texture", like many other things from other tracks, you could check that here: Original source.
So, no more buildings on Highland. They demolished them all...:(

Last edited:
There's definitely a problem, with this:

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_0]
FILE = ?.kn5
HIDE = Box005, Box179, Box195, Box177, Object76470, Object76469, House_001_?, House002_?, House_002_?, House_modern_?, house_2015_?, House006_?, House008_?, House004_?, House005_?, House007_?, PUB_?, hotel_?, mansion_?, gazebos_?, Box137, Mesh002, Mesh005, Mesh013, Mesh016, Mesh017, Mesh019, Mesh047, Mesh048, Wharehouse_?, Object439, Mesh040, RailClone?, Object76449, cars_?
INSERT = ks_highlands__buildings.kn5
INSERT_AFTER = bush_HI_1

That ks_highlands__buildings.kn5 is now a 1 KB file, so those lines hide the buildings but have nothing to replace them with.

There's definitely a problem, with this:

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_0]
FILE = ?.kn5
HIDE = Box005, Box179, Box195, Box177, Object76470, Object76469, House_001_?, House002_?, House_002_?, House_modern_?, house_2015_?, House006_?, House008_?, House004_?, House005_?, House007_?, PUB_?, hotel_?, mansion_?, gazebos_?, Box137, Mesh002, Mesh005, Mesh013, Mesh016, Mesh017, Mesh019, Mesh047, Mesh048, Wharehouse_?, Object439, Mesh040, RailClone?, Object76449, cars_?
INSERT = ks_highlands__buildings.kn5
INSERT_AFTER = bush_HI_1

That ks_highlands__buildings.kn5 is now a 1 KB file, so those lines hide the buildings but have nothing to replace them with.
see above your post

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back