Assetto Corsa wheel settings

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 119 comments
Guys I have a big big issue wiht AC after playing P-cars and Iracing

I dont feel what the car is doing. in the games mentioned i feel the cars weight, but in AC i just get a wheel motion and that is it. I have tried with two wheels a th 500 and my g27, and the issue still remains. Its like driving a 2d picture/movie but in Iracing, p-cars and even gt6 i get like a 3d feeling like a more deep if ya like...I feel the weight transfers of the car the whole time the car is doing something but in AC it is just a wheel motion indicating that the ass of the car is coming around... but no feeling of the cars weight..

I have tried every possible solution/settings in AC but to no avail, I feel the ffb effects of the road and curbs and such perfectly fine but what car is up to is just not there. in those other games it just the opposite.. so ?

Are you using the Logitech Profiler (for the G27) or some similar program ?, do you have separate 'profiler' settings for each game ?. Is it possible you're using Iracing settings for AC by accident ?

I've had it one time, with my G27, I had the settings for GSCE loaded in the profiler, but hadn't yet set "use game specific settings" for both GSCE & AC, and ended up loading AC with my GSCE settings, and needless to say everything felt wrong, corrected the issue and everything felt good again.

Perhaps sharing what settings (wheel & in-game) you have, can help us suggest other possible solutions.

That may be part of the issue. The G27 in particular is a bit sensitive in it's apply-able range of 'min' force and 'max' force, you can either be just at the limit of it's finite abilities, feeling all the little details through the wheel, or well past it, left with a numb & heavy wheel that translates no information of what the car is doing and feels disconnected.

I would recommend doing some research and further testing, before simply passing-over what many users throughout the internet tout as "the best driving experience" available at a consumer-level. Perhaps look into trying out the Profiler and giving this setup-process a try.

I've seen many others say that Project CARS FFB is worthless, wrong, or otherwise. Some have taken to trying JackSpades settings, and either love it or hate it - But at this point I believe the end-users wheel settings are what make or break an experience, as before I got AC's settings sorted for my wheel, it did feel disconnected and rather off-puting.

sorry but i have already tried all that, and I think people missjudge P-cars cause of the lack of the road feel(bumps and such), similar to gt6 and Iracing. on other hand you feel what the car does instead. I have tried all possible things, upping the ffb, lowering it, disabling the canned effects and what not... in the game itself there is not so much to change for the ffb..

Right now I thinking of dumping ac all together cus of the lack of car feel or my inability to change 4 ffb bars ingame :P

Last edited:
Assetto does have canned effects that can't be separated from the rest of the ffb, and tuned out (unlike the ones with sliders). I love AC, but I've got motion giving me information on top of the ffb though.

So far I've held off getting PCARS because I haven't been able to work out if the complaints are from people missing canned effects, or from people that are describing that SMS have done what was wrong with Shift 2 all over again. You've given me a bit more confidence in the likelihood of the former being true.

Assetto does have canned effects that can't be separated from the rest of the ffb, and tuned out (unlike the ones with sliders). I love AC, but I've got motion giving me information on top of the ffb though.

So far I've held off getting PCARS because I haven't been able to work out if the complaints are from people missing canned effects, or from people that are describing that SMS have done what was wrong with Shift 2 all over again. You've given me a bit more confidence in the likelihood of the former being true.

Which canned effects are you not able to tune out? I don't feel any canned effects in AC with all those sliders at zero.

@Pillo-san maybe you should try making a profile for AC. I remember people having problems with their wheel because they didn't have a profile setup or was linked to the wrong .exe. It should be linked to acs.exe.

I dont feel what the car is doing. in the games mentioned i feel the cars weight, but in AC i just get a wheel motion and that is it. I have tried with two wheels a th 500 and my g27, and the issue still remains. Its like driving a 2d picture/movie but in Iracing, p-cars and even gt6 i get like a 3d feeling like a more deep if ya like...I feel the weight transfers of the car the whole time the car is doing something but in AC it is just a wheel motion indicating that the ass of the car is coming around... but no feeling of the cars weight..

I have tried every possible solution/settings in AC but to no avail, I feel the ffb effects of the road and curbs and such perfectly fine but what car is up to is just not there. in those other games it just the opposite.. so ?

That is the exact opposite of the truth. You seriously must have your settings way off.

Try mine. Overall FFB - 63, Kerbs- 80, Road- 47 Slip- 55. Basically everything else at 0. Also make sure you have no steering deadzone. Should be at 0%. The logitech profiler should be above 100% depending on how you like it/ what your wheel can handle. Damper and spring at 0%, Center spring enabled but only at about 5%. Click "allow game to change settings", and use 900 degree steering.

If it's thrustmaster, overall FFB 100%, the next 2 at 100% but the 4th slider at 0% I think. Can't remember exactly.

I much prefer getting rid of them completely. Though I do use some Kerbs, knowing that it's really just for fun.

I don't. Those effects are the prime reason AC's FFB is the best in the business

I expect you have something set incorrectly. AC gives far more feedback, overall, than pcars. I think you'll really enjoy it once you get it working correctly. pcars isn't bad, but it's distinctly "dead" feeling compared to AC. AC communicates a LOT of information about your car, information which is incredibly important to feeling the car as a whole, since you don't have a real chassis to "feel with your butt." Overall they've done a great job on the ffb, including car weight / distribution (much better than pcars). Maybe you are clipping all the feel by trying to ramp the effects up to far. That will could cause the wheel to provide only road (for example) feedback and be unable to give you anything else to feel understeer / oversteer etc.

Don't know if anyone has ever rigged up an ffb wheel to control a real car, from outside of the car?

See the thing is, real driving experience can only go so far in knowing how a sim should feel, since we never get to feel what the steering wheel does, independent of all of the other forces at play on the body. If we could, I'm sure we'd find it astoundingly lacking. This is where the term "simulation" can take on different meanings. When presented with a real version of real, many will think it's not real, and want the fake version of real. It's not at all surprising, and nothing to admonish over, but it's good to know exactly what currency we're dealing in. It's still simulation, just a different kind. Where some ffb effects are mimicry, others are not quite arbitrary, but are still abstract representations.

Speaking of AC wheel settings. Has anyone figured out if there is a way to get strong road feedback without the "death vibration" bit? I'm really not fond of that. A little, occasionally, sure, but it's got crazy amounts of simulated-vibration at higher speeds if you are using much in the way of "Road" feedback. Turn down road feedback though, and you also lose quite a bit of feedback regarding the road... I've tried quite a few setting, but nothing I can seems to reduce the vibration effect without adversely impacting road feel...

That is the exact opposite of the truth. You seriously must have your settings way off.

Try mine. Overall FFB - 63, Kerbs- 80, Road- 47 Slip- 55. Basically everything else at 0. Also make sure you have no steering deadzone. Should be at 0%. The logitech profiler should be above 100% depending on how you like it/ what your wheel can handle. Damper and spring at 0%, Center spring enabled but only at about 5%. Click "allow game to change settings", and use 900 degree steering.

If it's thrustmaster, overall FFB 100%, the next 2 at 100% but the 4th slider at 0% I think. Can't remember exactly.

right now I am on my second g27 and actually I usually play almost with the same settings as you but without the spring. And it is not clipping...

Even tried out thrusmaster 500 and it was the same story...

I have been playing AC science it came out on steam first time around so I am not a noob/new with AC but after playing p-cars it is clear to me that AC does not "simulate" weight transfer and such nearly as good as P-cars and Iracing, even gt6 does it better... The only thing AC does better is the bumps and such in the road, witch make it seem lively..

I am beginning to think that those who say otherways are actually fanboys of AC.. sorry but this is my opinion about people that say that AC is something extra ordinary compared to the other sims... getting so frustrated about this game now...

right now I am on my second g27 and actually I usually play almost with the same settings as you but without the spring. And it is not clipping...

Even tried out thrusmaster 500 and it was the same story...

I have been playing AC science it came out on steam first time around so I am not a noob/new with AC but after playing p-cars it is clear to me that AC does not "simulate" weight transfer and such nearly as good as P-cars and Iracing, even gt6 does it better... The only thing AC does better is the bumps and such in the road, witch make it seem lively..

I am beginning to think that those who say otherways are actually fanboys of AC.. sorry but this is my opinion about people that say that AC is something extra ordinary compared to the other sims... getting so frustrated about this game now...

Well, you can say I am fan girlin' over Assetto, but I concur that something somewhere is wrong with your setup. I have a G27, and Assetto simulates weight transfer very well. It is one of the best feeling racers out there in terms of FFB, and is definitely up there with the likes of iracing and other big hitters that are known for good FFB. I have been playing Assetto for well over a year now, originally with a thrustmaster TX wheel. I dont know what is going on, but it could be possible you have a conflict going on somewhere with your USB devices. Are you using using just the G27 alone? Or are you using your T500 pedal set with a 3rd party standalone usb converter, along with the Thrustmaster shifter? Or do you have a USB gamepad also plugged in?

The fact you are having exactly the same issue with 2 different wheel setups, means something is off somewhere. The one way to diagnose it, would be to remove all your other USB devices, baring the wheel you want to use. And then test within Assetto.

Could you please provide a screen cap of both the in game FFB settings, and the settings from both the Logitech and Thrustmaster software?

Forgot to post my new G27 FFB settings, which keep the same weight as my old ones while spinning much faster.
Profiler: Overall: 115% (Everything else to 0), Enable centering spring box unchecked, let game adjust settings unchecked.
In game: steering rotation set to 40 degrees so you can use the profiler's rotation degrees.
Forces:

the thrustmaster was only borrowed from a friend of mine over a weekend to see if it was something fishy with my g27.
No, i have only a g9x mouse and a cheap ps2 keyboard connected to my pc... actually I am gonna try to up the amount of ffb in the driver, it was a while when i had 115 and if i remember correctly they said something about upping it back again after a patch... buuut i really dont now if it will do anything because 80% ingame with 100% ffb force in the driver results in clipping. and i find it work best at 66-75% ingame.

Edit:

So. just tried it, still not good enough. i dont know what the car/back side is doing. the weight transfer effects are a joke in AC.

The wheel does change in resistance, like getting lighter when loosing grip or feel heavy when the car have full contact with the road but it does it poorly and do not indicate when the back is stepping out. I cant really explain it but like I said before the driving experiance seems to me like ya are driving a picture without any deep(z-dimension). in the other games i feel as I am sitting in a car and when it slides, or does something that I cant see it on the monitor the feeling of the ffb makes it up for it... In AC its just like 2d driving for me.....

baaaaaaaaaaaahhh crazy

Last edited:
So. just tried it, still not good enough. i dont know what the car/back side is doing. the weight transfer effects are a joke in AC.

What's weird for me is that you like the ffb in PCARS - which isn't weight transfer based, but don't like the ffb in Assetto - which does rely on weight transfer effects. Is it possible that you've found the issue, but are describing your objections as the opposite of what the actual problem is?

I'm wondering if perhaps the weight transfer effect present in Assetto is having a negative impact on your inputs, since it's providing it's own additional unrealistic inputs. ie. It's trying to move the wheel in a way that would not happen in real life. My guess is that if you were able to tune weight transfer out of the ffb, you'd like it much more - but that is not possible, short of using an Accuforce wheel running Sim Commander 4 to generate ffb, circumventing default ffb....... I think.

I really dont know how to explain it.. if the wheels locks up/slips/looses grip and the back is pushing in the other way, that feeling/sensation is transferred to me in the other games... but in AC it does not... it just does a stupid wheel motion without the weight of the car pushing on the front wheels... that is the best explanation i can give for now.. all the other games give me that feedback but AC does not.

Last edited:
I really dont know how to explain it.. if the wheels locks up/slips/looses grip and the back is pushing in the other way, that feeling/sensation is transferred to me in the other games... but in AC it does not... it just does a stupid wheel motion without the weight of the car pushing on the front wheels... that is the best explanation i can give for now.. all the other games give me that feedback but AC does not.

For me, I can feel the weight distribution of the car VERY well in AC, but much less so in pcars. I use both a G25 and a T500, and both work well (obviously more overall force in the T500, but in both wheels the effects are there and are excellent). Try something where you should *really* feel the weight, like the Yellowbird. I can tell you that the way the FFB feels in AC is very close to the way the wheel feels in a RL Porsche with similar chassis and suspension. Lift off throttle in-corner and you'll quickly feel the wheel tugging as the rear comes around - very true to life, and, IMHO, modeled better than pcars in this regard. AC also models understeer better than pcars, by a mile. In AC I can feel my wheel begin to lighten as I approach the limit of grip, whereas pcars feels more like GT6 in this regard. Not saying that pcars is bad, just saying that they do, definitely, seem to model different aspects. I mean, they've got something to work with that has, maybe 1% the feedback that you get from a real car chassis moving under you, so there will be limits. But as for the weight-transfer effects, at least in the one example where I can directly compare sim to RL, I can tell you that they are excellent in AC, so keep looking for a problem somewhere in your setup. Maybe turn all the "extra" effects as far off as possible, so you're feeling very little "road", which can definitely drown out other effects sometimes if set too high.

Last edited:
For me, I can feel the weight distribution of the car VERY well in AC, but much less so in pcars. I use both a G25 and a T500, and both work well (obviously more overall force in the T500, but in both wheels the effects are there and are excellent). Try something where you should *really* feel the weight, like the Yellowbird. I can tell you that the way the FFB feels in AC is very close to the way the wheel feels in a RL Porsche with similar chassis and suspension. Lift off throttle in-corner and you'll quickly feel the wheel tugging as the rear comes around - very true to life, and, IMHO, modeled better than pcars in this regard. AC also models understeer better than pcars, by a mile. In AC I can feel my wheel begin to lighten as I approach the limit of grip, whereas pcars feels more like GT6 in this regard. Not saying that pcars is bad, just saying that they do, definitely, seem to model different aspects. I mean, they've got something to work with that has, maybe 1% the feedback that you get from a real car chassis moving under you, so there will be limits. But as for the weight-transfer effects, at least in the one example where I can directly compare sim to RL, I can tell you that they are excellent in AC, so keep looking for a problem somewhere in your setup. Maybe turn all the "extra" effects as far off as possible, so you're feeling very little "road", which can definitely drown out other effects sometimes if set too high.

Same here. Really, nothing this guy is saying is making any sense. Everything he's saying is literally the opposite of mine and everyone else I've talked to's experience

But as for the weight-transfer effects, at least in the one example where I can directly compare sim to RL, I can tell you that they are excellent in AC, so keep looking for a problem somewhere in your setup. Maybe turn all the "extra" effects as far off as possible, so you're feeling very little "road", which can definitely drown out other effects sometimes if set too high.

I'd love to have a slider for weight effect. It's inextricable presence in the ffb is gradually bugging me more and more. All it's doing is adding counter intuitive noise to the information that I really need.

With it in, we're dealing with abstract concepts though. Clearly the way that Assetto interprets weight shift in ffb form registers with you. @Pillo-san is not having the same experience. However, because it's merely representative, there's no right or wrong - just preference. Similar to one person using triggers and another using up/down with an analogue stick for accelerator/brake when using a gamepad. It's perhaps not so much what's closest to real, but rather what's furthest from fake - and it's very subjective.

I am looking and looking... I dont seem to find anything that can resolve my lack of weight transfer feeling. playing iracing, gt6, raceroom, p-cars and even old scrubby rac07 and in those i really feel the weight transfer... dont know why i dont feel it in AC if ya all are feeling it.. there is nothing more i can change ingame or in the drivers.

I'd love to have a slider for weight effect. It's inextricable presence in the ffb is gradually bugging me more and more. All it's doing is adding counter intuitive noise to the information that I really need.

With it in, we're dealing with abstract concepts though. Clearly the way that Assetto interprets weight shift in ffb form registers with you. @Pillo-san is not having the same experience. However, because it's merely representative, there's no right or wrong - just preference. Similar to one person using triggers and another using up/down with an analogue stick for accelerator/brake when using a gamepad. It's perhaps not so much what's closest to real, but rather what's furthest from fake - and it's very subjective.

It might be that he's also driving different cars. I can really only compare a single RL chassis to a simulated chassis in AC, and I can tell you that one is pretty close, but pillo-san may be driving completely different cars, and hence having a completely different take on things.

Hello, is anyone willing to share a decent setup for Logitech G29? The wheel sometimes starts turning on its own with force feedback on, and often pressure applies after you turn more than 90 degrees, until then it is very easy to operate, almost as if there was no force feedback at all. I heard G29 isn't as good as some belt-driven wheels, but there must be at least one setup that doesn't make the wheel behave on its own and where the force applied is consistent. Sometimes I can't tell if the wheel setup is good, but there are other options (like game physics) that make it behave strange, or the lack of necessary drivers. I can't even launch the Logitech HUB, so can only do tweaks within the game itself.

Latest Posts

Back