Aston Martin DBR9 Confirmed for GT Sport

Other than the Super GT cars, I can't recall(still haven't looked it up) if we've gotten a group of Gr.3/GR.4 cars in one update.

Did the Group C cars come at once(C9, R92CP, XJR-9)?
I mean, if PD want to package such cars in an update :D:sly:

images (8).jpeg
images (10).jpeg

Very nice addition but it does make me wonder if GT1 cars like the CLK, Murcielago, MC12, XJ220, or S7 would've been thrown into the group 3 category if they were brought in the game along with the Gran Turismo tuned LM Race Cars, and Touring Cars like the FTO, or RX7?

If they were ever going to add late 90s GT1 cars ( CLK, F1 Long-tail, GT one, 911 etc ), would they also be included in Gr3 category, or rather in Gr2? These older GT1 cars seem to me faster, than the newer GT1 cars, like this Aston for example.

This but unironically

Crazy that asking for modern race cars is a meme now but whatever

inb4 “hurr durr adding the wrong cars”
Kaz is like a genie - you gotta be more specific than "modern race cars" :lol:

Just when we beg for more racecars!!!

Kaz surprises us with the DBR9!!!

Honestly I never expected this car to ever come!!! I hope for more GT1 cars in the future regardless if it is GT sport or Gt7!!!

Very nice addition but it does make me wonder if GT1 cars like the CLK, Murcielago, MC12, XJ220, or S7 would've been thrown into the group 3 category if they were brought in the game along with the Gran Turismo tuned LM Race Cars, and Touring Cars like the FTO, or RX7?

We need a custom grid tool

They said on the stream that it has around 600HP and less downforce than a modern GT3. That matters for stock no tune racing but with a tune we can simply raise the downforce ourselves :)

Yeah can’t say I’m too incredibly impressed with the car choice here. Shoehorning another GT1 car into Group 3, where there already exists a very similar car, and reusing the sound from said similar car. But now GT Sport is one step closer to replicating Forza GT, so hurray for that I guess.

(Of course I’m saying all this while simultaneously readying my paint cans for the next update behind my back.)

Should have down-tuned for GT300 lol

It made little sense to field the car in GT500 in the first place considering it had a best finish of 14th in every race, which I’m pretty sure is dead last. It was 8 laps down on its first outing.

The Murcielago was a GT1 car that participated in GT300 before the DBR9 ever came along, so it had been done before and makes the GT500 entry make even less sense.

GT1 cars are easily on pace with GT500 cars given the right team and proper tires. The MC12 here is adapted to steel brakes and has more weight but still is only 2 seconds back.

unknown.png

Why GT500 cars are in Group 2 but the DBR9 is in Group 3 is a mind boggling decision. Especially when before 2010 GT500 cars did not go over 500 HP.

Back