Attack on magazine Charlie Hebdo in Paris.

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 897 comments

Dennisch

Humongous member
Premium
Netherlands
Hilversum
Dennisch
Gunmen have attacked the Paris office of French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, killing 11 people and injuring 10, French officials say.

Witnesses spoke of sustained gunfire at the office as the attackers opened fire with assault rifles before escaping.

Police have launched a major operation in the Paris area in their hunt for the attackers.

Charlie's latest tweet was a cartoon of the Islamic State militant group leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

The satirical weekly has courted controversy in the past with its irreverent take on news and current affairs.

The magazine was fire-bombed in November 2011 a day after it carried a caricature of the Prophet Muhammad.

President Francois Hollande is at the scene and is planning to hold an emergency cabinet meeting.

'Black-hooded men'
Two of those killed are police officers, France's AFP news agency reports, and five of those wounded are critically injured.

An eyewitness, Benoit Bringer, told French TV channel Itele: "Two black-hooded men entered the building with Kalashnikovs.

"A few minutes later we heard lots of shots."

The men were then seen fleeing the building.

"It's carnage," French police official Luc Poignant told another French channel, BFMTV.

Police have warned French media to be on alert and pay attention to security following the attack.

I expect quite a forceful retaliation from the French. They were already slowly looking to the political right and this just makes it happen faster.

All this does is adding fuel to the fire against Muslims.

The magazine pretty much takes a piss on everything they can, and the only ones responding with violence are idiotic Islamic extremists.

Edit

They have footage of the killing of a police officer, point blank shot in the head.

It already is getting worse. Sweden has already seen attacks on mosques, here in the Netherlands people on Facebook are screaming to torch mosques and now this.

I know, but I don't think we've seen the worst yet.

It already is getting worse. Sweden has already seen attacks on mosques, here in the Netherlands people on Facebook are screaming to torch mosques and now this.
The lack of press on that is why extremists gone mad.

Although it was occured after the magazine tweeted the ISIS comic. So maybe it was an ISIS act and that statement is invalid.

I expect quite a forceful retaliation from the French. They were already slowly looking to the political right and this just makes it happen faster.
I'm an immigrant myself (I'm German) but if someone is living around Paris, they are bound to become a little racist. Now, let me explain - I'll explain this from my view, that's easiest.

I'm living a normal area (this is 300m from my place) but still, after 8pm it's necessary to be very careful when going out. We're living not even 5 minutes from one of the biggest financial districts on this planet, La Defense, and it's a gangland here. I'm always picking my girlfriend up when she arrives at the tram stop after 8pm, it's too much of a risk for a woman to be alone.

The problem: they're 99.9% black or from middle east. They're harassing people when they're walking by, breaking into appartments etc. and it's always the same story. Police is wearing bulletproof vests and machine pistols around here when doing normal patrols at noon.

I myself know that all of that is not representative for the entire population, of course not, but it's no wonder that the French public is more racist than it used to be. This country is basically doing everything they can to welcome people, no matter if poor or not, but all they're getting in return is an increased crime rate and more people asking for money from the state. The public takes note and, subsequently, doesn't want immigrants...and so it starts.

Do I hate black people and muslims? No.
Am I still inviting my black & arab colleagues to dinner at my home? Of course.
Am I careful around strangers of those ethnicities (depending on their clothing etc.), in train stations etc.? Hell yes.

Not because I'm racist but because I've seen too much, being attacked for no reason with a knife 4 months ago in Chatelet didn't help either. As long as someone is looking normal it's ok but if they're looking like one of those wannabe gangsters, I'm extremely careful.

The sad thing is that these attacks spark even more hate towards muslims. The terrorists justify their actions with that hate. Even though they do everything to spark hate. Vicious circle, not unintentionally, eh?

I'll throw my hat into ring on this one,

Apparently according to one of the commenters on one of the article I saw, the reports of the attack came in 11 minutes AFTER the last Charle Hebdo tweet was posted.

That's quite a tight timeframe for the tweet to be responsible in my opinion as they would had to have seen it, get angry, load up on weapons, get across Paris all within such a small timeframe.

I'm an immigrant myself (I'm German) but if someone is living around Paris, they are bound to become a little racist. Now, let me explain - I'll explain this from my view, that's easiest.

I'm living a normal area (this is 300m from my place) but still, after 8pm it's necessary to be very careful when going out. We're living not even 5 minutes from one of the biggest financial districts on this planet, La Defense, and it's a gangland here. I'm always picking my girlfriend up when she arrives at the tram stop after 8pm, it's too much of a risk for a woman to be alone.

The problem: they're 99.9% black or from middle east. They're harassing people when they're walking by, breaking into appartments etc. and it's always the same story. Police is wearing bulletproof vests and machine pistols around here when doing normal patrols at noon.

I myself know that all of that is not representative for the entire population, of course not, but it's no wonder that the French public is more racist than it used to be. This country is basically doing everything they can to welcome people, no matter if poor or not, but all they're getting in return is an increased crime rate and more people asking for money from the state. The public takes note and, subsequently, doesn't want immigrants...and so it starts.

Do I hate black people and muslims? No.
Am I still inviting my black & arab colleagues to dinner at my home? Of course.
Am I careful around strangers of those ethnicities (depending on their clothing etc.), in train stations etc.? Hell yes.

Not because I'm racist but because I've seen too much, being attacked for no reason with a knife 4 months ago in Chatelet didn't help either. As long as someone is looking normal it's ok but if they're looking like one of those wannabe gangsters, I'm extremely careful.

The sad thing is that these attacks spark even more hate towards muslims. The terrorists justify their actions with that hate. Even though they do everything to spark hate. Vicious circle, not unintentionally, eh?
French racists isnt representative to entire french people.
Muslim terrorists isnt representative to entire muslims.

See the pattern there?

French racists isnt representative to entire french people.
Muslim terrorists isnt representative to entire muslims.

See the pattern there?
Of course but do you think the common FN (Front National, for non-Frenchies) voter would understand that? :)

I think they understand very well Mr. S! Surely since Muslims and Jews are joining the FN.

UMP and PS are definitely not going to safe France, same politics for over 20 years and look where we are.

Last edited:
They have footage of the killing of a police officer, point blank shot in the head.
The video is on YT, I guess it'll be removed soon. II watched it... Horrible. :(

Translation of what they say:

Terrosist: I'll kill you! (after he already shot him)
Policeman: No need, I'm already dead.

And then the terrorist gave him the last shot in the head.

Last edited:
They showed it on Dutch tv, the actual execution was blacked out but you hear the officer beg for his life and the shot.

Disgusting.

I sincerely hope there are no handcuffs involved once they catch these people...make quick work of them, just like they did themselves. Terrorists relying on their targets still showing mercy when they're being catched is disgusting.
I think they understand very well Mr. S!

UMP and PS are definitely not going to safe France, same politics for over 20 years and look where we are.
I doubt FN will do better, sadly. :(

Last edited:
I think they will be carrying out more attacks, since they didn't go to the magazine to get killed.

Full body armor and so heavily armed.

I'll throw my hat into ring on this one,

Apparently according to one of the commenters on one of the article I saw, the reports of the attack came in 11 minutes AFTER the last Charle Hebdo tweet was posted.

That's quite a tight timeframe for the tweet to be responsible in my opinion as they would had to have seen it, get angry, load up on weapons, get across Paris all within such a small timeframe.
It's entirely possible if there is housing within a five block radius from the building. I can't look at where the building is located in Google maps, so I can't tell you with a bit more certainty. It would take about three minutes to see the tweet, another three to arm up, and five minutes to get to the scene.

B6wZOY8CMAA_b6v.jpg:large

Source

They have eyewitnesses of the 3 terrorists swapping into a white Renault Clio.

That should help the search.

Free speech is a great thing; particularly if you live in an homogeneous society, you can get away with a lot.

But once you've thrown open your gates to millions of grieving refugees from your wars and interventions in lands of deeply differing belief systems, it's only rational and prudent to curtail some of your most provocative excesses.

Free speech is a great thing; particularly if you live in an homogeneous society, you can get away with a lot.

But once you've thrown open your gates to millions of grieving refugees from your wars and interventions in lands of deeply differing belief systems, it's only rational and prudent to curtail some of your most offensive excesses.

Can you stop repeating this banter? "our" wars belong just as much to the USA as it does to Europe.

Latest Posts

Back