Attack on magazine Charlie Hebdo in Paris.

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 897 comments
That video isn't particularity graphic, just violent and of a shocking nature. There is much worse regarding graphic/gory content on the Internet and it isn't hard to find it, the middle eastern ones in particular are pretty horrific. As stated, it is very easy to film and upload something nowadays, things get passed around quite quickly during such a media frenzy and as a result end up all over the Internet almost immediately.
It doesn't matter whether it's graphic or not. The concept of killing a police officer who was completely innocent in broad daylight is terrible.

What @Dennisch said and it will only make you feel less guilty the next time a drone strike hits a busy market place in the Middle East killing many innocent people because a few people at that market could be high ranking isis officials.
Killing innocents is always wrong no matter where it happens and why. If we have the technology to strike at those that seek it we should use it and make sure no bystanders are killed unnecessarily.

This kind of attitude is what makes us different from "them".

Cartoonists respond to the attack

Some of those are pretty powerful.

07-cartoon-charlie-hebdo-reactie-carlos-latuff.jpg

By Carlos Latuff

That's excellent news if it's true.

Reports say that they have been arrested in Reims according a source from local police.

Killing innocents is always wrong no matter where it happens and why. If we have the technology to strike at those that seek it we should use it and make sure no bystanders are killed unnecessarily.

This kind of attitude is what makes us different from "them".

I agree with the first part, I just don't get the "them" part. More than a million muslims have died since the west came in to bring freedom and democracy by force. Throwing bombs at the problem didnt do much good the last time but they keep doing it expecting different results.

Let's hope for an arrest, dead suspects are useless.
I bet the police will enjoy the interrogation, and hopefully investigate further, from contacts, funding and upper management, if it's a planned/organized attack.

Yep.

The paper Liberation has now retracted the article that they have been arrested.

I agree with the first part, I just don't get the "them" part. More than a million muslims have died since the west came in to bring freedom and democracy by force. Throwing bombs at the problem didnt do much good the last time but they keep doing it expecting different results.
True, there were lot's of indiscriminate killings by US forces in Iraq when they were there on the ground also. At least now it seems the airstrikes do try to target only those that need targeting and that's a step in the good direction.

If they are only localized that probably means there's gonna be another shootout now between them and the police.

Let it be in a safehouse with a ridiculous amount of information about everything and everyone who assisted them.
Makes me think about the Madrid bombers, they blew up their flat when the cops tried to enter.

The deputy major of Paris now states, together with the Guardian that they have been arrested. Time for confusing and conflicting reports, it seems.

Edit.

And now on CNN a new statement that it was wrong. :lol:

What a bunch of tools.

The deputy major of Paris now states, together with the Guardian that they have been arrested. Time for confusing and conflicting reports, it seems.

Edit.

And now on CNN a new statement that it was wrong. :lol:

What a bunch of tools.

Is CNN saying it's a mistake they made or a mistake by the deputy major?

Should I assume they are still on the run?

Typical. Don't call it for what it actually is, but show the picture of the two gunmen and the police officer before they kill the officer for the shock value. I am actually surprised that you Brits put up with this stuff all the time out of your press.

Granted, this is the Sun.

Actually, the text on the left is exactly what the situation is.

But I agree on the image. I saw it and couldn't even find the words for it.

I wouldn't say the text on the left is exactly what it is. It's not evil in the name of Islam, it's evil in the name of enforcing one's own viewpoints onto others and denying them the agency to express their own.

Back