B-Spec Autobacs SUPER GT S1

• Thread starter Suzumiya
  • 556 comments
I haven't played GTR2 in some time, but I did download the GT500 mod a long time ago and think it is brilliant. I don't think I've seen any of the posted video rounds yet as of this post.

Well, I'll watch the video later as I'm pressed for time, but I can say one thing; I like results like this, a lot. This Godzilla thing is working for me much better than I thought... Don't underestimate the big dog in the room, Germans. :sly:

Also, it's good to see you back, Suzu. I do not know what the others think, but I'm glad to see you regaining the motivation to do these races and continue the series. Keep on fighting the good fight, bud. 👍

No GT500 GT-R gimping? Wow, that's some confidence, given what happened... Here's hoping Lexus can afford to use those improvements to get better at things. :sly: :lol:

Also, yeah;
I mean, there was a GT-R 1-2-3 for about 70 to 80% of the race, only for them to lose due to pit stuff to the (much) slower C7? Also, what caused three GT500 cars to simply DNF after their first pit attempt? Lack of fuel? So many questions, most probably explained with the classic "'cause GTR2" answer, I bet...

No GT500 GT-R gimping? Wow, that's some confidence, given what happened... Here's hoping Lexus can afford to use those improvements to get better at things. :sly: :lol:

Also, yeah;
I mean, there was a GT-R 1-2-3 for about 70 to 80% of the race, only for them to lose due to pit stuff to the (much) slower C7? Also, what caused three GT500 cars to simply DNF after their first pit attempt? Lack of fuel? So many questions, most probably explained with the classic "'cause GTR2" answer, I bet...

This is due most likely to the track, Fuji is known for this bug. As for the C7, also looking into that. GTRs are power built while the HSVs are more on the cornering side so they won't be completely OP

This is due most likely to the track, Fuji is known for this bug. As for the C7, also looking into that. GTRs are power built while the HSVs are more on the cornering side so they won't be completely OP

So it was "'cause GTR2", glad to know I was right. :lol: The C7 definitely needs a power buff, but I'm also hoping the next few tracks won't bug out on pit stops like Fuji does, kinda detracts from the great racing which was happening up to that point.

Also, a few more clips of GT300 battles wouldn't hurt during broadcasting, just to see how competitive things over at that category.

I'll just put it down to 'running out of fuel in pits' for full Pacific-authenticity.

So it was "'cause GTR2", glad to know I was right. :lol: The C7 definitely needs a power buff, but I'm also hoping the next few tracks won't bug out on pit stops like Fuji does, kinda detracts from the great racing which was happening up to that point.
It's easy to blame the game, but its basically because the fuel estimates for the Fuji AIW are too aggressive. I had a similar problem and a few cars didn't make it to their pit stall as a result.

It's easy to blame the game, but its basically because the fuel estimates for the Fuji AIW are too aggressive. I had a similar problem and a few cars didn't make it to their pit stall as a result.

Well that's technically the game's AIW, so it is the game's fault to an extent. I've simulated quite a few races in rFactor, so I'm somewhat familiar with this issue, having seen countless AI cars run out of juice with about two to four laps to go...

Super GT B-Spec Season 2 Plans
With the first season coming to an end, the TIRE organization released a potential eligible cars roster and a schedule for the next season. This also includes a new, robust points system, however, plans for that will not be released until later.

Proposed Car List

The car list is as follows. NOTE: This is subject to change.

GT300

Audi R8 LMS 2015
BMW M6 GT3
Ferrari 488 Italia GT3
Honda NSX-R GT300
Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT300
Lamborghini Gallardo LP-560 GT3*
Mazda RE-Amemiya RX-7
McLaren 650S GT3
Mooncraft Shiden
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
Nissan GT-R GT3
Porsche 991 RSR GT3
Subaru Legacy B4 GT300
Toyota Supra HV-R

GT500

Aston Martin DBR9 GT1
Honda HSV-010**
Lamborghini Murcielago R-SV GT1
Lexus SC430
Nissan GT-R

*Note: Huracan had too difficult of a template, therefore settling with the Gallardo
**Note: Possibly reverting back to the original HSV, as the current model's template is also too difficult.

Proposed Schedule

Round 1: Okayama
Round 2: Fuji
Round 3: Sepang
Round 4: Twin Ring Motegi
Round 5: Tokachi Raceway
Round 6: Autopolis
Round 7: Sebring Raceway
Round 8: Suzuka Circuit

I may not get a medal for keeping up with what's been going on for the last many weeks, but consider me highly interested. Mainly because, against all odds, the Castrol Supra is actually doing decently well. Must be the million horsepowers added by the paint scheme.

I see you had trouble with the Huracan as well, then :lol:

Now that the Corvette is doing well, it won't have a place to race next season... Can you say "Japan Screwjob"? :sly: :lol:

I do wonder if anyone will pick either the Genesis or the Legacy, those are some proper oddball choices. But then again, their performances are an unknown factor, so who knows?

I would say something about the Huracan but then again, doesn't mean much when you're literally the only one who has figured out the template :lol:

Qualifying for Zhuhai

GT500

Screenshot_747.png

GT300

Screenshot_748.png

Race tomorrow :D

Man, this Lexus beefing up did wonder for them, very fast and close lap times between the top three. Of course, the good ol'Corvette never fails to disappoint, bringing up the rear like only it can. :lol:

I do want to know where in the heck did the HSRC NSX get all this pace from, however...

Really sorry about the C7.R issues, gonna wipe it out from the points due to it being non points anyways and stuff. Again, apologies.

Race Results

GT500

Screenshot_754.png

GT300

Screenshot_755.png

The Telcel Racing team took the win today, but was promptly called for inspection for the car after not having to pit for the whole race. Otherwise, the Pezzarinho HSV and the Xanavi GTR fought it out until the pits, which, due to a poor strategy, left the Xanavi far behind.

The Iwatobi Swim Club SLS and the Racerworkz Z4 fought tooth and nail with the Nameless GTR behind them, but quite a few mishaps occurred to the SLS, including yet another botched stop, coupled with an unscheduled stop at the end of the race.

GT300 team Castrol TOM'S suffered a major accident in the middle of the race, not being able to start anymore from a huge impact, prompting it to retire from the race.

Coming to Motegi, Michelin Racing and Team Pezzarinho will have the fight of their lives. However, Playstation Team Racerworkz only has to finish to claim their title, with a 24 point lead.

Points can be found here.

Race video below

@SVX
@lxmmy
@Ettick
@iName
@Formidable
@Michelin
@TS040
@Shadowbell42
@GTRacer22
@Pezzarinho17
@Jahgee
@YayoiGT2
@STiGoyim
@uMadson?
@tbwhhs
@Earth
@AudiMan2011
@RedDragon
@G_Parrilla
@aarror
@vetteman
@rallymorten
@GranTurismo916
@tankuroded
@swiftsmith
@Harsk100
@Niku Driver HC
@BKGlover
@RACECAR
@SonicCharmeleon
@BGT2011
@Yauma9

RogerFedererRaisedArmsYesUSOpen.gif

Jackson: "This was a hard fought race. That SLS and the Nameless GT-R kept us Honest the whole race so our drivers had to stay on top of their game, but they were able to do it. GT500 cars definitely made things tense as the contact at times just got vicious and abit violent. Very excited as this win brings this team one step closer to out first ever championship"

Yamato Ishida
: "Race was intense from the start. I had a fantastic battle with the Iwatobi Swim Club SLS so its a shame that the unscheduled stop prevented what could've been a great fight for the win. Great victory for us here, near flawless most of the day. Looking forward to trying to go after that first championship"

Takeru Takaishi: "Very tough race, had to keep on our toes there. My stint was really a nail biter as I had to keep our eyes out for some aggressive passing from the GT500s as they were putting the bumper on several cars. Very happy to bring this win home for the team, just makes our hard work this season all that much more meaningful and puts abitof pressure on us at the season finale with all the PlayStation staff showing up at Motegi. Hopefully, we can deliver a title for them and this team"

Haha, oh god darn it, Zhuhai was a copy-paste version of Fuji except for the fact that it was in China and the main battle was waged between a Honda and a Nissan (as opposed to Fuji where it was a Nissan party)? I am beggining to understand why the 'Vette isn't being considered as a car choice for next season; it's practically the economical SGT version of the infamous turbo-bending Celica rally car and the Benetton F1s...

As for my GT300 adventure, not really the result I wanted, but I guess the GT-R was outgunned against the Z4s and the Gallardos (wow! How the latter do so well?). Now my only hope for a Top 5 finish is if both the LB Shiden and the Heisei GTR hit the trouble land come next race. I know I have a more consistent average position, but these results are not helping.
Then again, betting on my luck is such a dangerous game, as I've learneed countless times before... :lol:

:D:D:D:cheers::D:D:D

3 wins now, but the results for the HSV are not as consistent as the GTR's... Title looks like it will be decided by how many Honda favoured circuits there are left! I'm pretty sure that if there was 1 standout Nissan team like Team Petronas have been for Honda, the championship would be sealed by now in all but maths.

Back