B-Spec Autobacs SUPER GT S1

• Thread starter Suzumiya
  • 556 comments
Awaiting Approval:
@GTRacer22 - Barring any alignment issues, this request is now complete.

Starting Now:
@AudiMan2011 - Shouldn't be all that difficult, though the Shiden is a complicated little car.

Not Started Yet:
@SonicCharmeleon
@Shadowbell42
@tankuroded

Closed:
@Jahgee - RACECAR's original liveries appear to fulfill the request well enough, and you requested for no further additions.
I still need a GT300, as I can't use the Mechagodzilla one made by him as it's for a different car

I still need a GT300, as I can't use the Mechagodzilla one made by him as it's for a different car

I thought you were still allowed to use the Shiden.

Team Kunimitsu Reveals Livery!

image.jpeg

02 January, 2016
Today, the famed Team Kunimitsu made its announcement and reveal for the [TIRE] Autobacs Super GT Spec II Series. At their headquarters, a special meeting was held with Kunimitsu Takahashi himself alongside the two drivers, Jacob Descoteau and Naoki Yamamoto, in front of an extremely late crowd. They were there to take questions and answers on the upcoming season, as well as reveal the livery for their Honda HSV-010 race car.

Jacob Descoteau, who was a long history with many forms of motorsport under his belt, expressed his pleasure with being able to work with the Team Kunimitsu crew, as they have always been his favorite Super GT team. He also expressed is interest in the Super GT series itself, which he stated was the ultimate combination between man and technology. With experience in open wheelers, full bodied stock cars, as well as GT race cars, Descoteau is sure to bring a load of talent to the team in order to propel them to the series championship.

The team's other driver is Super GT veteran Naoki Yamamoto. He has previous Super GT experience, experience in All-Japan Formula 3, and the Super a Formula series. Naoki also has experience in the Super Formula series, and took the championship in 2013. He is very happy to continue working with Team Kunimitsu in Super GT, and hopes to bring a championship home at the end of the season. With the talent on this team, there's undoubtedly a chance that they can do so.

With the questions wrapping up, Takahashi, Descoteau, Yamamoto and a few others walked up to the platform where the car was sitting under a cover, in order to hide the livery. On the count of 3, the cover was lifted off, and this is what was in the eyes of the crowd:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The team went on to thank their sponsors for the season, and rattled off a list like you wouldn't believe!

Corporate Sponsors
- CCP Toys
- Dainichi Corporation
- DyDo DRINCO
- EBBRO Diecasts
- Edifice Watches
- Kingsmen Ltd.
- Ktel Corporation
- New Era Apparel
- Oakley Eyewear
- PINS FACTORY
- RAYBRIG Lightbulbs
- Seiken Chemical
- SP Air Products
- Tamiya Models

Technical Sponsors
- Bridgestone Tires
- Honda Cars
- Honda Racing
- Mobil 1 Lubricants
- Mugen Power
- NGK Spark Plugs
- SSR Wheels
- Swift Springs
- Takata Corporation

Before releasing a paint, be sure to have the gray layer for both the windows and the head lamps opacity in the window file for the GT-R and the SC430 set to somewhere near 50 percent. Sorry, apparently whoever released those templates had messed up the alpha layers.

@aarror Will this work as a preview?
027LF.png

027RR.png

027Le.png

027Ri.png

027Fr.png

027Re.png

I named your car the 'Sparco RX-7' in my personal copy based on the most prominent sponsor.
There are some issues with window transparency. I sorta half-remember how to fix that, but I don't think it's something I can resolve entirely with Paint.NET.
The flags on the starboard side of the roof look to be compressed horizontally. I think moving them towards the front of the car to the other side of the names (and then aligning the flags and names on the opposite side based on the new position) might help fix that.
There's a lot of unused space on the bonnet, but I'm sure this isn't the final livery and that you have plans for some of the space there. Also, a part of me wants to make the number square there bigger; it's the same size as the ones on the doors in the DDS, but that's not how it's turning out in game.
Aside from the window transparency issue, the rear looks fine. If it were possible, when fixing the other windows I'd try and keep the rear window opacity as-is. Otherwise, to keep the text visible I'd invert the colour.

Additionally, I want to say this thing is done:
PSM%20Shiden%20LF.png

PSM%20Shiden%20RR.png

PSM%20Shiden%20Le.png

PSM%20Shiden%20Ri.png

PSM%20Shiden%20Fr.png

PSM%20Shiden%20Re.png
Just need to send in the DDS...

I got two request currently, I'm going to hopefully pump those two out within the next two days :cheers:

@aarror there is a gray layer where you can turn down the opacity to around 50 percent.

I use paint.net, and there isn't a gray layer that's separate, the grey is with the banner. That's why my windows were basically invisible. Is yours different?

I got two request currently, I'm going to hopefully pump those two out within the next two days :cheers:

I use paint.net, and there isn't a gray layer that's separate, the grey is with the banner. That's why my windows were basically invisible. Is yours different?
I use paint.net also, but I can get the windscreen and windows to go transparent, but not the headlights. Some weird things going on here...

I think that's only with the GT-R oddly. There was a template which was separate, I'll have to look for it.

I can probably mess with the windows file transparency on Paint.Net if needed.. unless it's something inside of a group folder, then we have to go GIMP or Photoshop.

Team Pezzarinho Petronas Honda Unveil Livery

At a small gathering today at the Motegi circuit, the Team Pezzarinho Petronas Honda HSV-010 was unveiled in it's full race livery. Both drivers were on hand to answer questions about their upcoming debuts in the SuperGT series.

The livery features the symbolic white used by Honda throughout their history in motorsport, coupled with the Petronas green accents and logos. Other team sponsors for their first SuperGT entry include Philips, Bridgestone, Mugen, Takata, and Tamiya.

"We simply don't know what to expect ahead of this season, but there is no reason to believe we won't be challenging at the very top for race wins and ultimately the championships."

GTR2_2016_01_12_16_44_23_475.jpg

GTR2_2016_01_12_16_44_30_749.jpg

GTR2_2016_01_12_16_44_37_628.jpg

GTR2_2016_01_12_16_44_44_040.jpg

Back