B-Spec Autobacs SUPER GT S1

• Thread starter Suzumiya
  • 556 comments
A Lexus livery on a Honda car!? Blasphemy, that's not how tribute liveries work! What about the series' realism?

I kid, I kid, that HSV still looks good even with Lexus colors. This is one sexy grid, that's for sure... Now, hopefully the next race's broadcast isn't far off to see these sexy cars in action, huh Bayne? :sly:

Last edited:
Haha, it started life with a silver paint scheme!

gtr2-2015-12-31-18-05-37-093-png.496992

Ironically when I then saw it as looking like a Mercedes, I opted for the white of Honda instead! Not my fault that Lexus stole white from Honda in the first instance! I guess it is like the Red Bull livery - there is only so many ways you can place Petronas colours and logo's on a car! Glad you are a fan though! :sly:

I haven't done anything fancy with the livery and it is quite basic, so I've had to make it's "cleanliness" in subtlety the best quality of the design. If I had GTR2 available myself I could play around with it more, but I still don't think it would be up there with the awesome designs already on the grid!

Haha, it started life with a silver paint scheme!

gtr2-2015-12-31-18-05-37-093-png.496992

Ironically when I then saw it as looking like a Mercedes, I opted for the white of Honda instead! Not my fault that Lexus stole white from Honda in the first instance! I guess it is like the Red Bull livery - there is only so many ways you can place Petronas colours and logo's on a car! Glad you are a fan though! :sly:

I haven't done anything fancy with the livery and it is quite basic, so I've had to make it's "cleanliness" in subtlety the best quality of the design. If I had GTR2 available myself I could play around with it more, but I still don't think it would be up there with the awesome designs already on the grid!

Oops, it seems that the picture isn't showing. Not sure if it is my browser, but you should try to fix that so that I can see it...

Still, it's a nice car now, and there is no major problem with the livery. It's a win-win situation! ;)👍

It showed fine for me (on a different computer now as well) and it showed in your quote as well. Sorry if everyone else is seeing this picture reposted, but I put it in the post a different way...

GTR2_2015_12_31_18_05_37_093.png

Yes, now the picture is showing up correctly, thanks for sharing it. Personally, I think others may also have this issue, because now I am in my personal desktop PC and the first post with that picture shows the "broken image" logo, even while using Firefox. But at least now the problem is solved for good.

And yes, the HSV looks much better in white. Suits it like a glove... 👍

It showed fine for me (on a different computer now as well) and it showed in your quote as well. Sorry if everyone else is seeing this picture reposted, but I put it in the post a different way...

GTR2_2015_12_31_18_05_37_093.png
Turning it white was a good call, not much contrast with the grey and Peteonas color. Good eye! :D

The grey looks better when you apply the proper gloss to it - this car doesn't allow for it though... But the white does look a lot better, it is surprising how often the background colour of a livery is the last thing to get changed...

Team Falken Japan Reveals GT300 Plans

Spa Nishiura Motor Park, Gamagōri, Aichi - At a press gathering, up-and-coming outfit Team Falken Japan revealed it's intentions to challenge for GT300 glory using the Mooncraft Shiden.
Shiden.png

The team formed after securing a major sponsorship deal with Falken Tires to run the unique machine for the upcoming season. They have also linked up with popular Japanese animation studio Gainax as a secondary sponsor.

Shiden 2.png

Drivers Ryan Cameron and Hideki Nomura were both on hand to answer questions from the media. Scottish star driver Gary Slater was also at the event, but told reporters he would not be driving and would instead be taking on an advisory role within the team to help Cameron and Nomura.

Shiden 3.png

The Shiden ran a trouble free test session following the unveil and the team are looking forward to getting the season underway.

Shiden 4.png

My face while doing an itasha with the characters from Free!:

5US.gif

Not hating anyone for liking the show (kinda can't when I haven't seen it), just.. find it quite different.

#firstworldsgtproblems

I kid, I kid. But hey, Japan has been known for having some... "quirky" taste when it comes to televised media, if you catch my drift. And those very same "quirky" tastes can and will carry over to racing cars. It's inevitable, really... :lol:

My face while doing an itasha with the characters from Free!:

5US.gif

Not hating anyone for liking the show (kinda can't when I haven't seen it), just.. find it quite different.

Did some google work.

Oh boy.

The Girls Und Panzer one would have looked stellar, aha. Whatever, it's your entry. Just make sure there isn't anything explicit and that it's well done.

Nameless Motorports.png
GTR2 2016-01-18 09-20-59-750.png

Nameless Motorsports has announced a second entry to the TIRE Super GT series, with a GT3-spec Nissan GTR. The Gulf livery persists, but the suppliers have been switched up from their GT500 car. The most significant was the switch from Bridgestone to Falken tires. Another is the suspension setup, where most R&D was spent. Instead of a full Blisten suspension setup, the team went for H&R springs, and Eibach sway bars.

From the words of team director Leonard Ross: "Our car isn't brand new, it's a 2012 spec that we bought from JRM Racing. They used this car for the last two races. We had to make some modifications, such as an upgraded wing and front canards. Unfortunately, the suspension was beginning to give, and on our second day with the car, the front right suspension gave in and we nearly wrecked the car. Instead of repairing, we went all-out and got a whole new suspension set-up."

GTR2 2016-01-18 09-21-13-225.png

The drivers are typical NM, except for one. Richard Hammond has joined the team for the season, wanting another crack at Motorsports since Top Gear's participation at the Silverstone 24hr. "I really wanted to do more real racing after having tons of fun at the Silverstone 24hr, and I decided to join this team because they have Gulf colors and would pay me (laughs)!"

GT300 is a very competitive field, so it will be interesting to see how a retired 2012 GTR will do in a field of top tier Super-Taikyu racing machines. The team will be very busy keeping the old GTR competitive, as well as managing the GT500 GTR they have as well.

GTR2 2016-01-18 09-21-34-865.png

"I knew it would be a long-shot, but if our GT500 car doesn't do well, hopefully this one will. we're dumping a lot of money into this, even though the car is at least three years old now. Hammond showed some good potential, and our fighter Keito Katayama thrashes the hell out of this thing, but I'm still nervous about the car's age. Hopefully we saved it."

-TIRE Tv, 1/18/16

Last edited:
Team Raiden MAHLE #17
Team Raiden MAHLE would like to announce our car that will run in the TIRE Autobacs Super GT Series for this season! The original release was originally going be on the 22nd, which is Friday, but instead they decided to surprise us by doing it today. "I just was too excited for everyone to see it" the team owner said with a laugh. "I am looking forward to seeing our car out on track when the season gets underway."

GTR2 2016-01-18 09-20-05-585.png

One of the two drivers of the car were there also to tell us what they think and feel of this upcoming season. We managed to get the first driver, Kazue Tatsuya.

GTR2 2016-01-18 09-20-12-362.png

"Mr. Tatsuya thank you for giving us the opportunity to have have a quick chat here."
"My pleasure."
"So first question, how does it feel knowing that the start of the season is coming closer and closer?"
"A little nervous, but very very excited. I just can't wait for everything to start, haha."
"How are you and the team preparing mentally and physically for this season?"
"Just a lot of practice and routine. We've been practicing getting things done as efficiently and as quickly as possible; including just little things such as driver changes."
"Last quick question. Do you like the car in performance and appearance?"
"Oh yes. Very stable and the livery is very stunning. I like it a lot."
"Well thank you so much. It was a pleasure interviewing you, and good luck for the season."
"Thank you very much."

GTR2 2016-01-18 09-20-23-449.png

And with that, we again hope the best for the team this season. See you at Suzuka!

Primary:
MAHLE
Bridgestone
Nissan Motorsports
Nismo

Others:
Brembo
Bride
Eibach
Ebbro
HKS
RAYS
Recaro

Last edited:
The Psyonix Racing team unveiled their Lamborghini Gallardo GT300 livery today, in advance of pre-season testing at Suzuka circuit. The crowds of people were anxious to see what the car looked like, music began to play over the loudspeakers
Pictures:
Ta-Da! A special thanks to @YayoiGT2 for designing the livery!

Last edited:
Should be fixed

Well, I can see the Imgur logo, but no images are showing up in the plugin which you shared. Still, since it has the link to the photos themselves, I can follow it to the Imgur page and see the car itself, so not much harm done there. 👍 If you want the pictures to show up in the thread, perhaps you should try to upload them from your PC. If that doesn't work, no biggie.

Back