Backfire screen shots!!

• Thread starter ADBAN
  • 643 comments
CAMAROBOY69
Just trying to help.
Listen CAMRY girl, stop whining and read the top of my post. It's for those who are too lazy or don't want to click on the pictures 6 different times. This is not for discussing here anyway.

boostman
Listen CAMRY girl, stop whining and read the top of my post. It's for those who are too lazy or don't want to click on the pictures 6 different times. This is not for discussing here anyway.

Could we all please calm down, wouldn't want this thread to be closed.

At this point im just going to do this for you. I will reply in the most calm reasonable way possible since your not going to make it long around here with that attitude. :lol:
attachment.php

GTJugend
*grabs bag of popcorn*

This could be interesting..

Except it wont. I want the both of you (well, not you, GTJugend) to stop immediately, else I'll have to use my magic mod powers to make the both of you unhappy. Now back on topic.

It's extremely hard to photoshop a natural looking flame effect on a small and low quality picture like that, which leads me to believe they're real.

PunkRock
It's extremely hard to photoshop a natural looking flame effect on a small and low quality picture like that, which leads me to believe they're real.
If I'd make fake backfire-pictures, I'd take large, high quality pics, add my artificial backfire and then make them small and crappy, so that noone can tell if it's real or not. It is still to be proven that this was not made with these pics. You can give me any hq picture, and I'll alter it and make it look like it was a real one taken with a crappy camera.

Cheers,
the Interceptor

PunkRock
Except it wont. I want the both of you (well, not you, GTJugend) to stop immediately, else I'll have to use my magic mod powers to make the both of you unhappy. Now back on topic.

Finally, thankyou.

Yo those backfire pics look sketchy....idk but something about them dont look right..however if they are real then mad props to PD....ive been itching to see some backfires on the racecars and stuff.....also, quick question but does the Esso Supra have the side exhaust on only the left side or does it have one on the right side too? J/W :dunce:

fire3.jpg

Apart from backfire, this pic seems amazingly realistic, maybe cause bad quality, but oh god, it makes me think about buying a Ps2 only for that game.

dunkee
I think they are real...only cause I feel ADBAN is a reliable source for info. The pics do look fake though.

I feel you may have contradicted yourself.

So do you think they are real or not? :)

ADBAN
These screens are not photochoped.
It was taken by mobile phone's camera, in Tokyo Odaiba, Megaweb

http://nf201mace.fc2web.com/temp/essosupra.jpg
check out the odo meter.

Backfire? 👍 Nice, I was hoping it would be in.

But I am also very interested in the triple screen setup ===> peripheral view !!!! : . How is it done :confused: ????? How is it connected to the PS2, etc...???

Can somebody help me, please??

ADBAN
These screens are not photochoped.
It was taken by mobile phone's camera, in Tokyo Odaiba, Megaweb

http://nf201mace.fc2web.com/temp/essosupra.jpg
check out the odo meter.
Could you get some more pics but with different cars and could vids be possible? I'd love to see how a gtone backfires in gt4 and the fire looks very convincing! Beat looking backfire I have ever seen. What does the meter on the left me, that's new to me. 👍

true_kiat
Apart from backfire, this pic seems amazingly realistic, maybe cause bad quality, but oh god, it makes me think about buying a Ps2 only for that game.

You're a member at "GTPLanet" and you don't own a PS2?

Izanagi
also, quick question but does the Esso Supra have the side exhaust on only the left side or does it have one on the right side too? J/W :dunce:

Esso-02-supra-front-550.jpg

006am.jpg

tm001m.jpg

So far, i havn't found a picture that shows exhausts on the right hand side, i think it may only have them on the left side.

kikie
But I am also very interested in the triple screen setup ===> peripheral view !!!! : . How is it done :confused: ????? How is it connected to the PS2, etc...???

Can somebody help me, please??
That is already possible in GT3, but you need three games, three tv sets and three PS2s, so noone really cares cause it's not worth the effort. They're connected by firewire I think.

Cheers,
the Interceptor

dunkee
I believe they are real because I trust ADBAN. They look fake because of the quality.

It's not all the time that fake screen shots have low quality, the reverse is actually true in a lot of situations. Check your assumptions. :)

Are the Supras still running the I4 in JGTC? If so, I wouldn't be surprised if the exhaust is only on one side, as it'd be wasteful to put it out to both.

That model seems to be a different year than the other two pics, as well.

As for backfire... meh, if it's in, hurrah, if it's not, I won't lose any sleep over it. Just give us the damn game already.

Ah. I knew Nissan made a big switch over to a version of the VQ from the old RB, but I didn't know Toyota basically has double the engine now. Neat.

I saw many interesting informations by Adban yet, and not one of them was unreliable.

My first idea is here : if you took these pics with a digital camera - which needs some time to "shoot" - that car must have been backfiring often and long!

Do those (non-turbo) JGTC cars do the same in reality?

Back