Backfire screen shots!!

• Thread starter ADBAN
  • 643 comments
Izanagi
also, quick question but does the Esso Supra have the side exhaust on only the left side or does it have one on the right side too? J/W :dunce:
In addition to BMW X5 Sports' pictures of the Esso Supra, here is one of the right side showing carbon build up from the exhaust (ie. the black stuff), and finally a shot of the left side of the car. Looks like it's just on the right side.

Supraultraflo_WEB.jpg

esso.jpg

boostman
. Looks like it's just on the right side.

You mean just on the left side. ;)

Nice Picture of the right side of the car btw, it was taking me ages to find one. 👍

BMW X5 SPORTS
It's not all the time that fake screen shots have low quality, the reverse is actually true in a lot of situations. Check your assumptions. :)

Thanks bud...but I'm not basing my assumptions on the pics. I base them on someone who has brought reliable info b4.

I would love to believe from those screen shots that the backfire effect is now included......and to some extent I do! I would not believe that anyone would photoshop low res pics.....if they were going to fake it they would have taken a highest res photo and do the faking properly! GT4 has had many developments since being in production and its effects have constantly progressed I don't see why PD would have not taken yet another step with the addition of the backfire effect..... whatever it is, from those pics I think that it look promising.....I like the way there is a reflection on the ground.....imagine how cool it will look at night or on a wet track!!

Robin :D

BMW X5 SPORTS
You mean just on the left side. ;)

Nice Picture of the right side of the car btw, it was taking me ages to find one. 👍
Eh, yeah....left side ;)

I must of have been thinking about sides based on looking at it head on. :)

Buggy Boy
that car must have been backfiring often and long!

Do those (non-turbo) JGTC cars do the same in reality?

Quite had to find RL shots of they with a 'flame-on'

042_060.jpg

Vemac RD320R, GT300 class car, with a 3.5l NA V6

dunkee
Thanks bud...but I'm not basing my assumptions on the pics. I base them on someone who has brought reliable info b4.

Alright, it's understandable 👍

Nice screenshot Scaff.

All you need is for a car to run rich, leaving a lot of unburnt fuel in the exhaust. Doesn't matter which kind of aspiration the car's running... Even NASCAR guys will backfire at short tracks. Not the best thing in the world (not even close, in fact), but it's cool looking.

robin2223
I would not believe that anyone would photoshop low res pics.....if they were going to fake it they would have taken a highest res photo and do the faking properly!
the Interceptor
If I'd make fake backfire-pictures, I'd take large, high quality pics, add my artificial backfire and then make them small and crappy, so that noone can tell if it's real or not. It is still to be proven that this was not made with these pics. You can give me any hq picture, and I'll alter it and make it look like it was a real one taken with a crappy camera.
This way you couldn't tell fake from real.

PunkRock
All you need is for a car to run rich, leaving a lot of unburnt fuel in the exhaust. Doesn't matter which kind of aspiration the car's running... Even NASCAR guys will backfire at short tracks.
Yes, even my buggy has backfired some times, but not long enough to take a picture. Even if you would expect it to, it would be hard, especially with a digital camera, as "front" says.

But I believe they are real, as they are posted by Adban.

That car must backfire for long seconds however, and I doubt that this reflects reality.

boostman
Eh, yeah....left side ;) I must of have been thinking about sides based on looking at it head on. :)

boostman
Eh, yeah.... I was thinking right if you are in car. But yeah left looking toward the front.

That was clever, you explained youself twice ;)

Buggy Boy
Thanks!

I was looking most of all for the confirmation of "often and long". No-one saw these cars as a spectator in real life?

Never watched them at the circuit (bit far to Japan) but I do watch the JGTC on TV (Motors TV for anyone in the UK with SKY - Channel 413) and have just finished watching the promo videos for the 2002, 2003 and 2004 series.

Result?

They appear to backfire about the same as any GT class car (if you've watched Le Mans or the British GT championship you should know what I mean), which is a fair bit.

Particularly as you would expect at any 1st/2nd gear corner after a long straight. The first corner at Fuji should be fun in GT4.

From watching the vidoes the Supra does appear to be one of the most prone to backfire, in particular the au Cerumo

Buggy Boy
Yes, even my buggy has backfired some times, but not long enough to take a picture. Even if you would expect it to, it would be hard, especially with a digital camera, as "front" says.

But I believe they are real, as they are posted by Adban.

That car must backfire for long seconds however, and I doubt that this reflects reality.

Ever watched a NASCAR race at Martinsville, or any other short track? The cars backfire for a good 2-3 seconds through the corner. Depending on how rich the engine runs, the duration of the flame will change, from a quick flash to a few seconds. I had a picture of a 911 GT1 spitting foot long flames at Le Mans, but I can't seem to find it anymore... so we'll do with a crappy Skyline pic.

j4gskyline.jpg

This is the best I could find, PunkRock:

GT123.jpg

But I know which picture you're talking about, I'm pretty sure it was from the end of the Mulsanne in '98 with the GT1 Evo 2?

(edit, I'll try to stay a bit more on topic:)

N/A engines, as people here have already mentioned, have no trouble at all throwing huge flames. Take the muffler and cats off of a stock rotary engine and it will spit big yellow flames like there's no tomorrow.

Do the same with even a Volvo B230F engine on an open header and blue flames will pop out. Means of induction aren't a decisive factor, but clearly a turbocharged engine will throw off more bright yellow chemical reaction than an N/A just because of how much fuel the exhaust end of any turbocharger demands in order to stay cool(ish).

I Live in ODAIBA where the hell is mega web....ill ask yasue....have to go to shinagawa in the morning ....fark....going to mega web tommorow and I WILL bring a video, my digi cam can record video....so IM GOING w00000t..adban thanks for the pics tho lol ...why does it say im a friggin new member still...dammit.

NavyAD
I Live in ODAIBA where the hell is mega web....ill ask yasue....have to go to shinagawa in the morning ....fark....going to mega web tommorow and I WILL bring a video, my digi cam can record video....so IM GOING w00000t..adban thanks for the pics tho lol ...why does it say im a friggin new member still...dammit.
SWEET!!! Keep us updated!

Front
These screens we're taken from a camera phone I find it highly doubtfull anyone has the reaction time in order to take SIX pictures of backfire unless it's a CONSTANT flame I suspect these are from Photoshop.

He's got a point... seriously, what are the chances of snapping six still-photos of a TV screen, and having ALL of them catch backfire? If these were taken from a video, I think ABDAN needs to post the vid for all of us to see rather than just a few screenshots.

The fact is, the whole argument is pointless. This came up once before.. someone said he saw backfire, was unable to provide proof, and no one believed him. The same will happen here, and the only proof that the people of GTP will accept is direct-feed video. Anything else, and you might as well not even waste your time.

Fact is, like every damn thing else in the game, we WON'T KNOW UNTIL THE GAME IS RELEASED. Period.

Back