Backfire screen shots!!

• Thread starter ADBAN
  • 643 comments
Jedi2016
He's got a point... seriously, what are the chances of snapping six still-photos of a TV screen, and having ALL of them catch backfire? If these were taken from a video, I think ABDAN needs to post the vid for all of us to see rather than just a few screenshots.
It is not uncommon for race cars to regularly backfire at specific points on a track. I was at a sports car race once, and I saw a racing corvette backfire at the same spot every lap for over a dozen laps. I managed to snap a few pictures of it, despite the lag between the button press and picture snap on my digital camera. Also, some cars tend to spit large flames for a good second or so. The chances of catching a half dozen pics of backfire are a lot better than you think.

cobragt
And since the pipe of the supra(assuming that car is the supra) is on the side, nos would be useless.
NOS is not a rocket booster, cobra 💡

Pretty sure its the fuel gauge. My question is, if those two pics are from the same event, why arent there backfire pics from the good camera?

because the good camera was taking pictures of the 1st person view. And/or the person operating it wasn't as h4rdc0r3 as Adban and doesn't notice/care about such things.

CAMAROBOY69
At this point im just going to do this for you. I will reply in the most calm reasonable way possible since your not going to make it long around here with that attitude. :lol:
attachment.php

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks real, some Korean info:
* The after fire comes out. The body lower part is scratched to the bottom and with the SPARC which bounces it is different.

* The pit khu lwu the pit work wool syen, it follows in tire location and fuel pouring nine location of each automobiles,
It is different, also the oil exchange work does as a favor.

* The converter pul (the open car) the automobile of form the open and the claw cu it will be able to select.

* Is not the general gear speed change, su the vehicle which shifts gear with the paddle which is affixed in the mote U ring wheel the ramyon
The wool of the driver syen the wool of paddle speed change syen with it fabricates.

* To this sense there is not a voice, but phu li len li from playing in course and each corner Korea
Relay it does as a favor information in voice.
The relay of real-time is difficult, li explanation does as a favor the travelling features of oneself who runs from playing.
Example)"the first corner it enters." "This line is good." "Un compared to su mote U gets,"

* 24 hour internal troubles lace to be 24 hours in real-time, the intermediate save Ubs. sup. ni. all...OTL

* The some music in music of 96 musics which are recorded was opened to the public.

Panama/Van Halen

(Call me) Super Bad Parts 1,2,3

Getaway (Granturismo4 PopRoxRemix)/Earth wind & fire

Shatter/Feeder

HotRodHoneymoon/Jeff Beck

Reason is Treason/Kasabian

Nothing wrong/JimmyEatWorld

http://ruliweb.dreamwiz.com/ruliboard/read.htm?table=game_ps03&page=4&num=59496&main=ps&find=&ftext=
And a new KY interview:
http://ruliweb.dreamwiz.com/ruliboard/read.htm?table=game_ps03&page=1&num=59519&main=ps&find=&ftext=

*Somebody could make a reliable translation?

BMW X5 SPORTS
Whats that furry standing thingy for, tiptopcream :lol:

Far left dial definetely looks like a fuel meter.

I see that meter/bar thingy , what could it be?

I just put Jaguar cheetah into google and that's what I came across. :P

All of those suggestions sound much more probable than a "backfire-o-meter". I would assume it's either fuel (hopefully, that'd be better than a simple "low fuel" lamp), or nitrous (ugh, on circuits?).

Hombleracer
does it say something about it there...? would be great...

* 24 hour internal troubles, race to be 24 hours in real-time, the intermediate save.

From what Zero posted it sounds like a 24hour race to me with the ability to save mid race... could it be on the LeMans circuit? :bowdown:

But I don't understand Korean so I'm just speculating. :sly:

ok fools its 9:15 am, mega web opens at 11, NOW patience is a VIRTUE....even im excited....last time i went there the damn place was completely empty, theyve rearranged everything now...from the pics i saw on the site, SO 2 more hours to go loool, glad i have 256 megs on my camera lol

That meter is the FUEL GAUGE. Not some backfire meter or the NOS gauge.

And yes, race cars will backfire in almost the same spot almost every lap, it depends on how much fuel the engine is getting. The reason it happens at the same spot is because that is where the cars go from a very high rpm (lots of fuel) to a low rpm (little fuel). The fuel that doesn't get burned has to go somewhere and it leaves through the chamber's exhaust valves and goes out the exhaust pipes, which are very hot causing the fuel to ignite, causing backfire.

:P
VTGT07

And yes, race cars will backfire in almost the same spot almost every lap, it depends on how much fuel the engine is getting. The reason it happens at the same spot is because that is where the cars go from a very high rpm (lots of fuel) to a low rpm (little fuel). The fuel that doesn't get burned has to go somewhere and it leaves through the chamber's exhaust valves and goes out the exhaust pipes, which are very hot causing the fuel to ignite, causing backfire.

Nice one, thanks for the little tutorial 👍 .

You can lift your head up now CobraGT :P

backfire, 24 hours with night/day cycle(24 hour internal troubles lace to be 24 hours in real-time) and the ability to save 👍 👍 👍

I really hope le mans is in now. Imagine the day to night racing on that track or imagine a 24 hour race on the nurb :eek: What if PD connected the GP track to the nurb to add 17 miles of racing!!! I doubt they will but imagine that!

Carrying on from the 24 hour endurance, I've got this crazy vision of a 24hour GT4 LAN tournament. You have a team of 3 drivers, 6 teams (du'h one for each car) and race like mad around Nurburgring, when you pit you can change your driver. No driver can do more than the other two drivers combined race time, etc, etc. My dream is most probably never going to happen, so I'm going to leave it at that.

VTGT07

Is that really "backfire", or are there two types of backfire? As a normal, street-driving, non-racer dude, the type of backfire I'm more familiar with is the type that indicates an engine problem.. I believe it's caused by a timing fault somewhere that opens a valve early or late, while the cylinder is under pressure, causing the "BOOM" that you occasionally hear in street cars. What you're describing sounds different, but may be a more literal version of "back fire" since there's actually flame involved. Perhaps this was the origin of the phrase, and it was simply used later to describe backfire in a badly tuned street car?

ALPHA
Carrying on from the 24 hour endurance, I've got this crazy vision of a 24hour GT4 LAN tournament. You have a team of 3 drivers, 6 teams (du'h one for each car) and race like mad around Nurburgring, when you pit you can change your driver. No driver can do more than the other two drivers combined race time, etc, etc. My dream is most probably never going to happen, so I'm going to leave it at that.

but what a dream... lol

I would've joined.. had to be planed, like 4 weeks ahead or something.. :dopey: but can someone go through that article so we can understand and make sure there's no misunderstanding going on... backfire-->ok.. midrace save--->ok.. but realtime changes (dusk till dawn etc..)--->????...

Back