Backfire screen shots!!

• Thread starter ADBAN
  • 643 comments
I Think Dusk-till-Dawn changes will make the game more realistic, especially during a 24hr race. I hope we can switch our headlamps,tailights and hazard lights on manually that would be cool, although i wouldn't mind if you couldn't ;)

ALPHA
Carrying on from the 24 hour endurance, I've got this crazy vision of a 24hour GT4 LAN tournament. You have a team of 3 drivers, 6 teams (du'h one for each car) and race like mad around Nurburgring, when you pit you can change your driver. No driver can do more than the other two drivers combined race time, etc, etc. My dream is most probably never going to happen, so I'm going to leave it at that.
Sounds like fun :D I would, but everyone I know sucks at GT so it would be slightly boring.

we're straying a little off-topic here, but that happens when we're waiting for some evidence, sent all the way from exotic japan.. :lol: headlamps will most probably go automatically.. there's no function to operate that.. sorry, man... but that will be included in gt5..

Cobra, if you read a few pages back, i live in odaiba, in one hour im going to mega web to check this out for myself. if it is true in fact. and i have 256 megs on my camera so vids and pics. megaweb is 10 minute walk from my apartment. i didnt know they had a demo there. i do now :) one more hour !!!

I can't wait to hear the backfire. Hope pd didnt hold back :D Imagine the backfire on cars tuned to the max or even better, backfire on a pikes peak :D

supra_luva209
Sounds like fun :D I would, but everyone I know sucks at GT so it would be slightly boring.
Yea, finding 18, 12 (2 people per team), or even 6 mates (24hr's of GT4 would be a killer on the eyes!) who are actually decent in playing the game is extremely hard! Everybody I know has an Xbox with NFSU2 👎.

NavyAD
Cobra, if you read a few pages back, i live in odaiba, in one hour im going to mega web to check this out for myself. if it is true in fact. and i have 256 megs on my camera so vids and pics. megaweb is 10 minute walk from my apartment. i didnt know they had a demo there. i do now :) one more hour !!!
Ok, great and if it's possible, try to get the sound of the backfire and please get media of lmp car 👍

NavyAD

Get some Hi-res pictures please 👍 and be quick lol :lol:

lool, place doesnt open until 11, its 10:10 now....ill walk briskly lool, but il take nice pics, i just figured out how to get the damn camera to zoom correctely when an object is really close, so yeah hi res shots w00t, but remember if this is just BS, ill come back here screaming and yelling :) internet style!

NavyAD
ok fools its 9:15 am, mega web opens at 11, NOW patience is a VIRTUE....even im excited....last time i went there the damn place was completely empty, theyve rearranged everything now...from the pics i saw on the site, SO 2 more hours to go loool, glad i have 256 megs on my camera lol
Please bring us some good shots and videos!

btw .... "converter pul" = convertable 💡
sounds like you can choose top down and top up

Hope you fill up the 256mb :D
And if theres some new cars and tracks make sure you get heaps of pics of them.
Thanks heaps and good luck!

NavyAD
lool, place doesnt open until 11, its 10:10 now....ill walk briskly lool, but il take nice pics, i just figured out how to get the damn camera to zoom correctely when an object is really close, so yeah hi res shots w00t, but remember if this is just BS, ill come back here screaming and yelling :) internet style!

You've gotten our hopes up, no turning back+excuses. :sly:

Please get a backfire shot of a lmp car, please!!!!!!!! Get one of a bentley speed 8, r8, the whole package :D I'm your biggest fan right now, dont disappoint :sly:

This demo was mentioned at the GT4 First Flight Ceremony, the babelese Engrish translations didn't help me in finding what it's all about. Hopefully NavyAD comes back with a list of tracks avaliable and some pictures of some new cars with backfire!

EDIT: By the time I posted this everybody else chirped in what I said :(.

ooohhh... sore eyes.. 2:15 am here now... can't keep concentration up for the endurance, but, hey..! thanks for the tip jedi2016...

Jedi2016
Is that really "backfire", or are there two types of backfire? As a normal, street-driving, non-racer dude, the type of backfire I'm more familiar with is the type that indicates an engine problem.. I believe it's caused by a timing fault somewhere that opens a valve early or late, while the cylinder is under pressure, causing the "BOOM" that you occasionally hear in street cars. What you're describing sounds different, but may be a more literal version of "back fire" since there's actually flame involved. Perhaps this was the origin of the phrase, and it was simply used later to describe backfire in a badly tuned street car?
I thought about that while I was typing that up and started to think if I should reword what I was saying, but I couldn't come up with a more correct term to use that is shorter than "unspent fuel burning inside the exhaust pipes." But yes, I have heard both explanations called backfire, so I guess backfire has a dual meaning :shrug:. Maybe the audible backfire has something to do with the cat converter and muffler?

Hombleracer
ooohhh... sore eyes.. 2:15 am here now... can't keep concentration up for the endurance, but, hey..! thanks for the tip jedi2016...

Boy, he is tired... didn't even see the sarcasm. Think hard, Hombleracer... the Super Speedway Endurance will put you to sleep faster, remember? :)

And NavyAD: Definitely bring more than just backfire pics. :) Take pics of EVERYTHING.. MWAHAAAA!!! *ahem*

if there were backfires.. would we see some marks on the car afterwards..? like irl...? so we need to wash it after each race... :lol:

edit: there you see jedi2016.. too tired to see anything.. blurry sight.. blurry mind.. need some nicotine, probably.. :lol:

Jedi2016
Boy, he is tired... didn't even see the sarcasm. Think hard, Hombleracer... the Super Speedway Endurance will put you to sleep faster

:lol:

He should have a done an endurance with more corners in it. Laguna Seca Raceway 👍

Laguna Seca? Surely you could have come up with more turns than that :lol:. I would do R11 or Monaco.

how about a backfire-competition..? especially if there would be night racing.. just think of the cool effects it will make at dark... *hoooowl*

i just got 13 damn emails "someone has responded in backfire etc etc." man u guys really feckin type fast lol update: 10:29 now. ill leave in about 15 minutes

NavyAD
i just got 13 damn emails "someone has responded in backfire etc etc." man u guys really feckin type fast lol update: 10:29 now. ill leave in about 15 minutes

Your lucky to get thirteen, you should see what happens in the 'what are you listening to' in the music thread. I got about 147 replies in my mail in a space of 1.5 days.

Back