Backfire screen shots!!

• Thread starter ADBAN
  • 643 comments
BMW X5 SPORTS
Your lucky to get thirteen, you should see what happens in the 'what are you listening to' in the music thread. I got about 147 replies in my mail in a space of 1.5 days.
Which is why I don't recieve updates about who posted what in what forum. They were filling up my gmail account :D.

edit:
sorry .. double post :guilty: ...

Just imagine the drift videos to be made with backfire effects...set it up such that you're spewing flames as you go sideways through a turn in full opposite lock!

Whoa! That's one of the quickest growing threads I've seen in a while. Took me a lifetime to even 'skim' through all the threads. I can't believe how many people were so skeptical about it! Geez, it's not that hard to implement! As for taking photos 'quickly' enough to catch the flame - I'd imagine it'd be dead easy. My RX7 race car flames for a good 1 to 2 seconds while braking into turn one - even a half-assed photographer could catch a photo of that. Some of the other the cars in the field flame for even longer.

As for the 'backfire-o-metre' suggestion - I think that there may be a few members of GTPlanet smoking too much crack! Either that or suffering from sleep deprivation.

Bring on the pics and vids!

Yeah .. its hard to believe that this thread has grown to almost it's eleventh page in just about 13 hours. By far the fastest growing thread I've seen here.

supra_luva209
Looks like the rest of the afternoon for me is going to be sitting here clicking refresh...
Wow, you really know how to live.

:)

All this talk about backfires has me watching the last ALMS race for the season. There is a great shot of the Corvettes, the GTS class winners, shooting flames from the sides of their cars. Some last two to three seconds in length. Looks great at night. I hope this report is true.

askia47
so this is a new demo?
Yes, but it's purpose built for the Megaweb centre in Tokyo. I'm not sure what's so special about it apart from being able to to drive the to-be-completed Fuji '05 circuit. This special 'attraction' was launched on the 4th of December, after the once was original Japanese release date, so no doubt this is as close to the final GT4 as you can get.

OK FUKKERS!!!......BACKFIRE did someone say BACKFIRE??? yes we HAVE backfire.

worth noting:

1. backfires are TINY a split second. nothing HUGE like some race cars.
2. the tarmac/assphalt/ground will occasionaly glimmer like when the sun reflects it just right
3. BONNET/HOOD view!!! yes!
4. that far away cam that we had in prologue is GONE.
5. 4 or 5 views total. Ill go there again today, as i have nothing else to do anyway.
6. NEW blue/yellow CELICA, looks feckin MEAN! completely JGTC style.
7. VIDEOS AND PICS now i need to find someone that will HOST THEM, I have RAW 7 minute clips that u can see backfire a few times.

8. damn what else...a bunch of tracks are available to play, but they wont let me.
tonight ill go there again and see if i can jack me a copy lol..im so evil.

just to prove i was there look below. now ill go thru the video and make it all nice and clear for everyone to see.

Attachments

• IMGP0136.JPG
    IMGP0136.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 206
  • IMGP0134.JPG
    IMGP0134.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 204
  • IMGP0135.JPG
    IMGP0135.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 164
NavyAD
OK FUKKERS!!!......BACKFIRE did someone say BACKFIRE??? yes we HAVE backfire.

worth noting:

1. backfires are TINY a split second. nothing HUGE like some race cars.
2. the tarmac/assphalt/ground will occasionaly glimmer like when the sun reflects it just right
3. BONNET/HOOD view!!! yes!
4. that far away cam that we had in prologue is GONE.
5. 4 or 5 views total. Ill go there again today, as i have nothing else to do anyway.
6. NEW blue/yellow CELICA, looks feckin MEAN! completely JGTC style.
7. VIDEOS AND PICS now i need to find someone that will HOST THEM, I have RAW 7 minute clips that u can see backfire a few times.

8. damn what else...a bunch of tracks are available to play, but they wont let me.
tonight ill go there again and see if i can jack me a copy lol..im so evil.

just to prove i was there look below. now ill go thru the video and make it all nice and clear for everyone to see.

Nice one 👍 somebody supply this man with some webspace. :D

That JGTC Celica, is the Weds JGTC Celica, well I think so. Get this guy some bandwidth to burn, I eagerly await the videos. :)

jesus i was just watching the vids lol, ok ok YES BONNET VIEW!!! YES BONNET! lol

ok i emailed the dude about the hosting

the files are all long and you can see backfire maybe about 7 or 8 times total.

EDIT: backfire from celica , and supra, there were about 7 selectable cars. didnt see them all. ill go there again later

Back