Baldur's Gate 3

• Thread starter Jtheripper
  • 128 comments
I never finished BG3, having left off at going after Baal's murder princess vs the robot overlord guy and his sunken prison. But I was basically a half-orc polearm dude for absolutely bonkers crits and smite procs with area control. Karlach was my thrower with returning pike. Totally broken. I can't remember the specifics of my party comp, but I just remember that Shadowheart would melt people with solar power. Gale with water mymidons was also completely broken.

I've just tried a Succubus/Fiend mod, it's a bit on the powerful side but very cool. :D 18 AC, 20 charisma draconic sorcerer (why the hells not?) at level 1 with a whole bunch of resistances and flight at will. 🤣 Also has claws that scale with dexterity.

It's not balanced obviously, but it provides some interesting role playing creativity. Makes you think about what a cambion's views might be.

Trying an honour run. Still early in act 1 but I did something very very wrong and I’m not sure I can continue, the guilt is too much.

I killed
the owlbear cub

Last edited:
Trying an honour run. Still early in act 1 but I did something very very wrong and I’m not sure I can continue, the guilt is too much.

I killed
the owlbear cub
Oh no. :lol:

My first honour mode run was ended by Auntie Ethel. I brought an entire party of spellcasters which turned out to be a really terrible idea. Don't use magic in that fight. :lol:

Most of my honour mode saves have been fine after that, I've yet to finish one because I keep experimenting with new characters. :rolleyes: One of them is fairly close though, it's a level 12 tiefling fiend warlock with blade pact and lifedrinker, great melee damage and spells.

The fight against
Myrkul
can be scary but he's susceptible to Hunger of Hadar.

Last edited:
honour mode
Was much more difficult in their Divinity game line, also because the AI was much more unfair in using instant kill options.

It is not outright easy in BG3 neither, but certian classes or parties certianly move the scales up or down by alot (and of course using the story powers will also decrease the overall difficulty, which requires being a bit charming).

Mods are fun. :D

Cambion.jpg

I’m only using one mod. It just unlocks the option for paladin deities but it finally lets me properly create the character from my only attempt at tabletop, a Paladin of Kelemvor. A very straightforward chap, he buries people and hits the undead with a big hammer.

IMG_4715.jpeg

IMG_4714.jpeg

Last edited:
This is Zarra, a Dark Urge character with a heart of gold, who passes herself off as a Lolth-sworn Drow when the situation demands it. She acted as a triple agent throughout the story, usually leaving people guessing as to what her true motives were. :lol: Zarra is a supporter of the idea that the ends justify the means, executed with ruthless pragmatism, (she's still a Drow, after all) leading to some questionable decisions,
such as sacrificing the hollyphant at the Murder Tribunal to gain Sarevok's favour. :lol: She was undercover at the goblin camp and Moonrise Towers, so there is consistency.
but ultimately destroys the Absolute and rejects
father Bhaal
in the end.

Zarra_1.jpg

Still my favourite character and one that I would definitely play as in tabletop. The build is 5 Thief Rogue, 5 Gloomstalker and 2 Fighter, with Great Weapon Master feat. Currently trying a variation on that which replaces Gloomstalker with 6 Shadow Monk so I can finally try all the monk gear. :P

Receiving her iconic weapon, Phalar Aluve, which she used to mow down dozens of goblins. Not to worry, Lolth was totally cool with her using this sword since she created so much chaos with it.

Zarra_3.jpg

Last edited:
Back