Best 24 Minute Le Mans/ Nurburgring Cars?

• Thread starter NGHTMRES
  • 74 comments
United States
United States
I've tried everything and I cannot for the life of me beat any of the S races. I've used the Minolta, Red Bull Jr., Rocket Car, Peugeot 905B Evo, Subaru Super Touring Car, Mercedes SLS AMG GT3, and lastly the Mercedes Vision GT. I've looked on here and it seems like everyone passed these races without any problem. The closest I got on Le Mans was in the 905B and I placed 9th. The best place I got was 2nd, but I needed to pit. On the Nurburgring, I led for the first half of the race with the Subaru, but again I needed to pit on the second to last lap and I placed 6th. I'm running racing hard-softs. It's very frustrating. I've been on the S races for like 3 days. :banghead:

Lemans is the last 3 stars for me, so i cant comment on that one.

For nur: i used a stock r18 ae edition on racing hard. Won without pitting with a minute advantage or something simmilar.

I've tried everything and I cannot for the life of me beat any of the S races. I've used the Minolta, Red Bull Jr., Rocket Car, Peugeot 905B Evo, Subaru Super Touring Car, Mercedes SLS AMG GT3, and lastly the Mercedes Vision GT. I've looked on here and it seems like everyone passed these races without any problem. The closest I got on Le Mans was in the 905B and I placed 9th. The best place I got was 2nd, but I needed to pit. On the Nurburgring, I led for the first half of the race with the Subaru, but again I needed to pit on the second to last lap and I placed 6th. I'm running racing hard-softs. It's very frustrating. I've been on the S races for like 3 days. :banghead:
I am truly sorry the Subie didn't work out for you. I'll again point out that I use RS tires exclusively to get the very best laps, with one pit stop after lap 1. How much is the rainy lap messing you up? My times usually run like this: 1st lap: 8:10; 2nd: 9:10; 3rd: 8:05. When I don't allow any bull from the AI, I've had a lap below 8 minutes. This usually has me in the lead by some 30 seconds going into the pits, 2 minutes after the 2nd lap, and upwards of 2:30 lead by the end. But even when I use less capable cars than the Touring Car, and overall race times exceed 28 minutes, I'm not losing, and rarely relinquish the lead if I get to the pits first. Are you enabling the aids I recommended? The entire reason I recommended these cars was their ability to keep on scootin' when the competition is crawling in the rain.

But to go another way, the Pozzi Camaro did very well for me, the Ford GT500, any RX7 Race Car, any of the race-prepared Ford GTs (remember Gran Turismo has one also). I have no idea why your AI has decided to not like you:(. Keep us updated, yeah? :cheers:

EDIT: I never did the LeMans race without the Toyota 88, so I have no advice there, sorry.

I used the Peugeot 908 for Sarthe and Willow Springs, but for the Ring; I've done it in a regular STi with 500pp and racing softs, M5 with 525pp, it doesn't need a pit stop so you bang out 3 laps and that's it. Some users even went lower in pp and used some slow cars and still won.

I used the Peugeot 908 for Sarthe and Willow Springs, but for the Ring; I've done it in a regular STi with 500pp and racing softs, M5 with 525pp, it doesn't need a pit stop so you bang out 3 laps and that's it. Some users even went lower in pp and used some slow cars and still won.
For a long time all I saw on here was folks talking about RH tires being best in the rain. Do you also find RS to be a touch better? BTW, the Megane Trophy car is a blast on Nurb, but make sure SRF is on....without it I'll flip it turtle every time:odd:. Same goes for the HPA VW and TT.

EDIT: NOTE TO NGHTMRES: Clean laps with the slower cars I've recommended are pretty much crucial. The AI has the ability to rubber-band back to you quickly if you are off the road often and hitting walls. The cleaner you drive, the slower they go.

@bluecharger to be honest, I haven't done much experimentation as far as the racing tires in the rain go. First time around I used RH I believe, but the last time I played I used RS, didn't have trouble either of the times. Next time I play, I will give it a go and see how my times compare between the two compounds. The Ring 24 minute in a regular street car is fun as hell, a 500pp STi smoking a BMW McLaren F1? (Not so much on the straight)

Somewhat clean laps are required, especially Lap 2.

@bluecharger to be honest, I haven't done much experimentation as far as the racing tires in the rain go. First time around I used RH I believe, but the last time I played I used RS, didn't have trouble either of the times. Next time I play, I will give it a go and see how my times compare between the two compounds. The Ring 24 minute in a regular street car is fun as hell, a 500pp STi smoking a BMW McLaren F1? (Not so much on the straight)

Somewhat clean laps are required, especially Lap 2.
Well since it is my grind go-to, what I noticed was that my 3rd laps were slower than my 1st if I used RH. The heretical thought occurred to me that with just one lap til pitting, why not try RS on that first lap? About the third time, I noticed the RHs I'd switch to in the pits weren't wearing very much, so now I'm using RS all the way. I never really compared the lap or overall times, I just felt better with the car during the rain, and especially once those RS's came in right about the time I started the 3rd lap:lol: I've gotten to the 3rd lap quick enough that I actually killed my lap time because the track was still "too wet" to lay the pedal to the.....well, DS3 here, so jam the stick through my....palm:)

For Nürburgring I detuned the Ford GT LM Spec II test car to GT3 standards, and just went for it. RH/inter wets/RH. I like myself a race, and I won by just a couple of secs. I suck in the wet though.

I'm very surprised no one mentioned the LCC Rocket!

That thing is very underrated, and doesn't seem like the kind of car to win these races ... but trust me, it works. I put a ton of miles on that thing winning the S class races. It has superior fuel economy and tire wear compared to the other S class cars.

I appreciate all the replies guys! @ChrisH I already tried the Rocket as I mentioned in the OP. @bluecharger Withe the Subaru, I drive fine in the rain as long and I have the driving line on. Out of all the cars I own, the Peugeot 905B Evo Bls has the best lighting in the rain. I don't need the driving line with it, but I still use it for those tricky turns. What do you guys recommend I do to get money fast so I can buy some cars for these events?

Can the LCC Rocket take on Le Mans since the track is quite high speed?

To be honest, any LMP car will do. It might be even more difficult to use the LCC Rocket on those 24 minute races.

For Le Mans 24 Minutes, I find it very easy with the 908 because I can squeeze out three laps in a single tank with the first set of tires and just finish the race pitting every two laps way ahead of everyone else.

Nurburgring is even easier with the R18. Use racing soft tires and you never have pit for fuel or tires.

Last edited:
The Deltawing is my choice for Nurb (detuned), Le Mans & Spa. No pitting required for the Nurb. Le Mans - a splash & dash for the last 2 laps. Great car!👍

I appreciate all the replies guys! @ChrisH I already tried the Rocket as I mentioned in the OP. @bluecharger Withe the Subaru, I drive fine in the rain as long and I have the driving line on. Out of all the cars I own, the Peugeot 905B Evo Bls has the best lighting in the rain. I don't need the driving line with it, but I still use it for those tricky turns. What do you guys recommend I do to get money fast so I can buy some cars for these events?

Ah, missed it, for some reason I was thinking something else when I read "rocket car".

FWIW, I used the Rocket for probably 95% of the S class races, and only went to the DeltaWing for the 24min Le Mans.

Ah, missed it, for some reason I was thinking something else when I read "rocket car".

FWIW, I used the Rocket for probably 95% of the S class races, and only went to the DeltaWing for the 24min Le Mans.

Is the deltawing good for it's price? Which one is better btw?

Is the deltawing good for it's price? Which one is better btw?

I used the black one and it was an easy win on the 24min Le Mans. As mentioned before, only needs a splash of gas to last the whole 24min.

It's a unique car to drive every once in a while and it made the 24LM quite enjoyable, so in my opinion yes, it's a good investment in your GT career.

Red Bull standard championship pays $2.2 mil if you place 1st in all events, and have 200% login bonus. That's my go to grind, 24 minutes and you got a lot of coin to play with...

Try learning the Ring in the day and dry roads, so you know where you're going / where you are at night. It's a tough track at night if you don't know it...

Last edited:
I used the black one and it was an easy win on the 24min Le Mans. As mentioned before, only needs a splash of gas to last the whole 24min.

It's a unique car to drive every once in a while and it made the 24LM quite enjoyable, so in my opinion yes, it's a good investment in your GT career.

How many times do you need to pit?

Red Bull standard championship pays $2.2 mil if you place 1st in all events, and have 200% login bonus. That's my go to grind, 24 minutes and you got a lot of coin to play with...

Try learning the Ring in the day and dry roads, so you know where you're going / where you are at night. It's a tough track at night if you don't know it...

I cannot beat the Red Bull events for the life of me. I barely bronzed the go kart and jr races. GT5 Red Bull races were way easier.

You should have no problems with the Red Bulls in GT6 then. Another grind option might be "Like the wind" if you can't do the Red Bull's.

Special Stage X Link the Wind takes me about 4 minutes with a payout of 140,000 with 200% bonus. So to get 2,000,000 for the Deltawing it'd take me 14 times/ about an hour of straight racing that race.

Special Stage X Link the Wind takes me about 4 minutes with a payout of 140,000 with 200% bonus. So to get 2,000,000 for the Deltawing it'd take me 14 times/ about an hour of straight racing that race.
That's why I suggested the Red Bull Standard Championship.

Just do one track on the red bull standard ie:-trial mountain , 3 mins = 240k easy money.
Ps apricot hill is even quicker 2:55 mins.
Edit a bit off topic, didn't read op first just last post sorry.

To the op: It's the rainy laps that trouble you? Try the IA rainmasters event to get you used to those conditions. All of the cars you have listed are fully capable of winning, it seems as though you have the same problem I did. There are very few wet races in the game, so then they stick you in there with one AND tire wear and fuel consumption, it can be a readjustment.

Otherwise, srf and maybe some tcs? Those help with stability.

How many times do you need to pit?

;)

To the op: It's the rainy laps that trouble you? Try the IA rainmasters event to get you used to those conditions. All of the cars you have listed are fully capable of winning, it seems as though you have the same problem I did. There are very few wet races in the game, so then they stick you in there with one AND tire wear and fuel consumption, it can be a readjustment.

Otherwise, srf and maybe some tcs? Those help with stability.

The rain doesn't get me, it's the pit stops that get me. I'm trying to find a car that doesnt need to pit the whole time

The rain doesn't get me, it's the pit stops that get me. I'm trying to find a car that doesnt need to pit the whole time
Lcc doesn't need to pit, and the deltawing for LeMans then. Should just need gas.

But since you've already tried the rocket, I'd give the deltawing a go.

Back