BMW McLaren F1 GTR

• Thread starter rk
  • 2 comments

rk

This car pretty much requires you to know the track, because driving it is like watching a replay fast forward, except you are steering. Its only drawback is that it is unforgivingly responsive, but it seems to never let go. Some work might be done with the gears, unadjusted it tops out at about 205, I just left it. The car tuned had all available modifications including frame stiffner. It was tuned at Nurburgring on racing hards.
brakes 3/4
springs 13.2/13.2
height 80/105
bound 6/6
rebound 7/7
camber 2.7/1.6
toe -1/0
stabilizer 6/6
asm/o 0
asm/u 0
tcs 3
downforce 38/53
lsd 12/40/15
enjoy

rk
This car pretty much requires you to know the track, because driving it is like watching a replay fast forward, except you are steering. Its only drawback is that it is unforgivingly responsive, but it seems to never let go. Some work might be done with the gears, unadjusted it tops out at about 205, I just left it. The car tuned had all available modifications including frame stiffner. It was tuned at Nurburgring on racing hards.
Aaaalllll hail rk!!!!!!!!!!

I just posted yesterday in another thread about wanting some advise about this car. Full settings will work though. Thanks rk, I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

JParker

Edit:
Well, I tried them out last night. I was intent on trying the GT All Stars so entered Autumn Ring and gave it a spin. I had the R92, some other big hitter, 787b, GT spec II, & another LM. I could stay ahead of the two LM's and close to the 787 but my goofs kept me from competing with the big boys. I won this championship with the Skyline LM Concept with the least available turbo addition. I played for about 45 minutes or so, several runs at ARing. I guess I just can't drive this car. Something about it just doesn't seem right for me. The biggest problem I have is I always brake a little late in most cases, a fraction of a second or so after the downshift light begins to flicker. I always turn up brakes for most cars to get a little advantage. This car jumps from brake point to brake point like the big boys, but doesn't want to stop or turn. With the brakes on, it doesn't want to turn the front just slides. During medium acceleration through sweeping turns it doesn't seem to want to turn, even when the gear indicator is showing I'm in the right gear. I don't want to give up on the car, it truly is an awesome machine.

I guess I'll practice a little more to get the feel of the car. But I'm really getting discouraged. Thanks for the tune, it had a much better feel than mine.

Back