Boston Bombing, Boston Marathon April 15th

• Thread starter Spagetti69
  • 1,061 comments
Why do people call terroist stupid? I know their act and conduct may be frowned upon but they sure are not stupid if they had this planned out.

I wouldn't be surprised if they planned this for a whole year in MA, they are intelligent enough to build home made bombs.

Last edited:
Boston authorities say bombing suspect at large may be in a gray Honda CRV (plate: 316 ES9) w/ MA tags. [/color][/B]

Boston hospitals in lockdown, entry/exit only via ambulance.[/i]

Dan Lovering for Reuters: Police in Watertown pulled a man out of car who stopped and told them he knew the man they are looking for. Officers handcuffed the man and sat him on the curb while they searched his vehicle, according to a Reuters witness.

Police scanner just said that. Just to confirm even more.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ma-rt-9-window-cam

At school.

Why do people call terroist stupid? I know their act and conduct may be frowned upon but they sure are not stupid if they had this planned out.

I wouldn't be surprised if they plaanned this for a whole year in MA, they are intelligent enough to build home made bombs.

Sure they planned the act out before they did, but like most criminals the didn't plan out their exit strategy at all. And like most criminals they severely underestimated law enforcement investigation techniques. I mean it was 48 hours after the event and they already had an idea who they were looking for.

And anyone with Internet access can figure out how to create a homemade bomb.

Reuters: "Secretary of state kerry, vp biden, cia director brennan, ag holder, homeland security's napolitano also in briefing - w house" "OBAMA CURRENTLY BEING BRIEFED BY NATIONAL SECURITY OFFICIALS, FBI DIRECTOR ON EVENTS IN BOSTON, WATERTOWN, WHITE HOUSE SAYS".

NewsBreaker: "UMASS Dartmouth confirms #bostonmarathon bombing suspect is a registered student."

REUTERS: "CONNECTICUT STATE POLICE SAY SEEKING VEHICLE THAT COULD BE OCCUPIED BY PERSON POSSIBLY LINKED TO BOSTON BOMBING CASE".

NewsBreaker: Vehicle of interest in connection with Boston bombing investigation found in Cambridge, Mass. (MA plate: 316 ES9) - WBZ

"Russian consulate says the Tsanaevs never turned to them, doesn't know whether they have Russian citizenship."

WGRZ reporting journalists in Niagara Falls are now being asked to move a block away from a vehicle found there.

NewsBreaker: Russian Embassy says 'not sure' if #bostonmarathon bombing suspects are Russian citizens or registered w/ consulate in US

Older #BostonMarathon bombing suspect, Tamerlan Tsarneav, was a sophomore at UMASS Dartmouth - WBZ

FBI: Vehicle (MA Plate: 316-ES9) found unoccupied. Car being processed for evidence by authorities.

NewsBreaker: Police activity now in Watertown, police yelling at press to stay back. Some officers have weapons drawn.

Taxi service restored in city of Boston - WBZ

Police moving slowly on house where suspect is believed to be due to concerns "house may be booby-trapped." - NBC

Kyrgyz government official tells CNN Tsarnaev brothers left Kyrgyzstan for the US in 2001.

Boston Globe: Suspect abandoned car and is believed to have fled on foot.

Local, state and federal agencies, including Secret Service, are on scene. Dog teams, explosives experts, and SWAT members.

Bomb squad just arrived at Norfolk St, two trucks. No sense of urgency, though, everyone's calm.

Cambridge Police: We've suspended our automated crime/incident tweets as search for suspect(s) continues in case monitoring police response via social media.

NewsBreaker: Sec Kerry: "[Obama] said we're going to find those responsible...We're part of the way there, & press. intends to finish the job"

Media just asked to evacuate one area of [#Watertown]. Police [said] to run, & then hit the ground.

CNN: Police have surrounded a person, laying on ground.

Boston Globe: Law enforcement officials expected to brief media in a few minutes on hunt for terror bomb suspect.

NBC: Suspect's uncle in Montgomery County live on NBC and MSNBC right now: "Of course we're ashamed."

NewsBreaker: Mass. state police confirm that Boston bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, died early this morning after shootout.

Mass. State Police say current police activity in #Watertown NOT connected to #Boston bombing suspect(s).

Aunt of Tsarnaev brothers says ‘Why would they do this?’

Uncle of Boston bombing suspects tells cameras his nephews were "losers" CNN-TV.

Uncle of Boston bombing suspects tells cameras they should turn themselves in and "ask for forgivenenss." - CNN

Uncle of Boston bombing suspects says he shares the grief of the bombing victims and their families - CNN

WCVB-TV Boston: Canadian border agents on alert for Boston bomb.

@MyFoxNY reports FBI is questioning a woman in West New York, NJ who claims to be sister of the #Boston bombing suspects.

Mass. State Police say current police activity in Watertown does NOT mean the bombing suspect has been located; the search continues.

Chechnya's president posts message on Instagram saying any attempt to connect the act of terrorism to Chechnya would be 'in vain' - @nytimes

"Relatively quiet for last 30 mins. Police still dealing with tense situation not tied to bomber. Search goes on."

@ReutersUS: Boston bombing suspects showed few radical signs.

Last edited:
We've got that Connecticut vehicle story just breaking news here in the UK...

According to the previously posted link to police radio they just took down a 60-70 year old white male with a "device" in his posession...no more info...

CNN is showing the action with a five-second delay so that they can monitor the transmission before it gets to us.

While unconfirmed, it has been stated that the suspect on the run may have a laptop, and might be receiving transmissions of the Police activity. We have to keep in mind that the Police did not go to M.I.T because of knowing the suspects were there; the suspects initiated action, which brought the Police to the scene. They went out of the way to make it public that they were the perpetrators of the bombing. It may be possible that there was more damage planned by them, and that the suspect on the run may still carry out some plan that was made.

Oddly - all the character witnesses that have come forward have nothing but good (in fact glowing compliments) to say about these two suspects.

And why did one brother run the other over? Was it an accident?

Last edited:
Update..backtracking on the 60-70 year old now, saying he had something in his pocket they were concerned about..

That . . . was one helluva interview with the uncle, Ruslan Tsarni, just now on CNN.

This also begs the question . . who is really 'American'? When does a resident actually become one? Why is the media so focused on the nationalism of these suspects?

I guess . . that may be an indication of motive.. . .

photonrider
That . . . was one helluva interview with the uncle, Ruslan Tsarni, just now on CNN.

This also begs the question . . who is really 'American'? When does a resident actually become one? Why is he media so focused on the nationalism of these suspects?

Reporters are just.... I don't even know. They ask a billion questions a second, like goodness let the man breathe.

This also begs the question . . who is really 'American'? When does a resident actually become one? Why is the media so focused on the nationalism of these suspects?

You become an American citizen when the national government hands you your Social security number, a US passport, along with voting rights. Anyone that told me I wasn't an American can go eat my passport, voting history and social security.

The brothers have apparently lived in the US for 10 years. And one was studying medicine on 2nd year.

2nd year? That means he already got by the hard part. What an idiot. What a waste.

You dont need the media or an uncle to tell you whats happening. That young man is debating in his mind if he wants to go down with the ship or spend the rest of his life in prison. Everything else at this moment is window dressing.

You become an American citizen when the national government hands you your Social security number, a US passport, along with voting rights. Anyone that told me I wasn't an American can go eat my passport, voting history and social security.

👍

Huge respect for both uncles and what they said.

They called a spade a spade. Good for them. I would do the same if one of my nephews was involved, though I would also feel grief for my siblings. This must be intensely hard on the immediate families - esp with the kind of pressure put on their personal lives by being in the spotlight, from the news media, from the public, and from the authorities themselves.

Last edited:
2nd year? That means he already got by the hard part. What an idiot. What a waste.
I can only agree...

This must be intensely hard on the immediate families - esp with the kind of pressure put on their personal lives by being in the spotlight, from the news media, from the public, and from the authorities themselves.
Indeed! I can understand why the uncle says they have nothing to do with the suspects.

Can they trace the tweets from his phone/computer?
I think so... though, I don't know.
^ I seen somewhere that they had traced a tweet or something. They translated it but I still didn't understand what it meant, it might have even been on here?

From what I thought it meant was that they were all in a police car being taken to jail, but that never happened so who knows...

That could have been something I posted from the younger brothers VK-profile. Though, I don't know either.

Update:
Two black military helicopters just flew low over Watertown.

The uncle said "somebody radicalized them, not my brother", in the interview from earlier.

7news: Officer Donohue - injured in shootout - has been stabilized, had surgery early Friday morning.

CNN has got confirmation on a personal Twitter account of one of the brothers, which has tweets from after the bombings.

National Guard Black Hawk helicopters searching the site, according to Mass State Police spokesman.

Reuters: Police "ready to do" controlled blast on Norfolk Street soon, says state police spokesman. (6.39 CEST)

"There has been no apprehension at this point," says Mass State Police Col. Alben. “We’ve got several other new leads that just developed in the last few minutes and we’re working on that," Alben said.

CNN (Headline): "Source: Became citizen on 9/11/12"

Ben Berkowitz (Reuters)
Gilberto Junior, a Cambridge mechanic who worked on cars for the Tsarnaevs for the last two years, said the younger brother brought a car in two weeks ago for repairs, nominally for his girlfriend.
Tsarnaev said he needed the car immediately, though Junior said he told the young man that was not possible - the car, a Mercedes, needed a rear bumper and taillights.

"Very nervous - he was biting his fingernails and shaking his legs," said Junior, who is originally from Brazil.

At the time, Junior added, he chalked up the shaking to Tsarnaev just being a nervous teenager.

The crowd on Cambridge St grew slightly by early afternoon, as rumors flew about when the police might conduct a planned controlled explosion. Officials on the scene would not confirm a time.

Meanwhile, just steps away, the barbecue restaurant Tupelo set up a table on its front steps and gave away what was to have been the evening's menu - ribs, pulled pork, coleslaw and cornbread.

Next door, in defiance of a police request for all businesses to close, Troy & Anthony's Barbershop was packed - two men getting cuts and three more waiting for a trim.

Boston Police: 60% 70% of the search done.

Press conference going on:
People are allowed to drive, if they're at work, "if necessary call friends to pick you up". ({CNN HEADLINE} Police: Okay to go home if not there.)

[7.13 pm CEST]
@cbsboston: Official: Boston Bombings Suspect ‘Liked’ Terrorism Videos On YouTube.

CNN: The older brother encouraged the younger brother.

The younger brother came to the US at age 8. The older brother came to the US at age 20 (22?) in 2006.

NBC, Brian Williams asks Tamerlan Tsarnaev's boxing coach what might have happened to "weaponize" the now-deceased suspect. Coach says he does not know, describes the at-large 19-year-old younger brother Dzhokhar as an "introvert" but that Tamerlan was an "extrovert" and "a very good boxer."

Aunt bought the brothers to the US, she says. "They liked the US. If they don't like, they leave".

NBC News reporting that police have swarmed an apartment in West New York, NJ to speak to a woman believed to be the Tsarnaev suspects' sister.

Aunt: "They couldn't have done this. I'm suspicious the picture was staged". "Both normal, smart guys. Their father had high expectation, and always demanded more."

Police is looking for a green '99 Honda sedan. Plate: Mass. 116-GC7.

(The Reuters live-feed, is a good place to follow this: http://live.reuters.com/Event/Watertown)

Last edited:
^ I seen somewhere that they had traced a tweet or something. They translated it but I still didn't understand what it meant, it might have even been on here?

From what I thought it meant was that they were all in a police car being taken to jail, but that never happened so who knows...

So... this is the kind of bollocks the dead bomber liked on Youtube...

Harry Potter. Evil. Mmmkay.

Bollocks, indeed. But it doesn't sound all too different from what I've heard devout Christians say of Harry Potter. :indiff:

RIP MIT officer Sean Collier. Will always remember watching you and my niece battle it out on the race track. Spending weekends in the pits helping each other families outnwith parts or repairs. You will not be forgotten
:(

So sorry about your loss, Caz. Both his family and yours will be in our prayers tonight.

Last edited:
Back