Boston Bombing, Boston Marathon April 15th

• Thread starter Spagetti69
  • 1,061 comments
I offer my sincerest condolences, as well, Caz!

Apparently, the police have found homemade explosives.

Sorry to read Caz, Deepest regrets..

Awful whats going on there now. I know they will get the kid responsible in the end, not that it makes it less painful now.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. He is someone i knew but have lost contact with years ago. Still brings this whole effing mess closer to home.

Between the bomber's Aunt, Uncle, and Father, we have a range of different opinions on the suspect.

Boston Globe confirms: "With his brother shot by police, Dzhokhor A. Tsarnaev drove over him, two law enforcement officials said." News conference should be up very soon, - has been announced for 5:30 PM ET.

This has escalated quickly. I hadn't been following the news for the past couple of days, only hearing that they had identified two suspects and the pictures of them were out.

The next thing I hear about this morning was that there was a shoot out with the police and one of them is dead. Watertown is basically a ghost town as everything has been shut down and the hunt is on for the other bomber. I find it surprising how young they were, as usually I'd imagine a terrorist being older. Like you guys said, what a waste.

I hope they catch him alive, he's no use to anyone in a bodybag. If I were the FBI, I'd like to get as much information out of him as possible. He's young, he's vulnerable. How many others are there that are like him that he knows of? Do they have any information on more planned attacks? And why, did they even do this in the first place.

Sorry for your loss, Caz. They really do sicken me.

I think, that either he's not in the Boston area, or he have committed suicide.

CNN (headline): "Feds: Suspects admitted they were marathon bombers. Feds: Suspect drove vehicle over his brother."

Press conference pushed back a little.

I hope.they catch this kid alive. I agree with the sentiment that he is useless dead, atleast till.we.get everybit.of info we can out of him.

Something i find odd: they somehow managed to get alot of.weapons after carjacking the mercedes suv. They let that driver go and allegedly were bragging to him about who they were. Letting someone go does not seem to fit these jackholes MO. I havent been able to find.much info on the carjack victim. Part of me wants to say he is involved somehow other than being a lucky victim.

I cant come to any logical conclusion as to where they got the weaponry that was used last night.

Thanks again for the.condolences.

CNN just referred to one of the police SUV's that was involved in the shootout in Watertown as having a "rock wound". I think it's time for the journalist to take a break from staring out at an empty street.

The young brother was at his college dorm room yesterday around noon, and gave a lift to someone in his car.

They didnt expect to get caught at all.

Last night after the FBI released the video and photos, the brothers saw that on television and went crazy. They robbed the 7-11 for quick money, saying to the employee there 'we ARE the Marathon Bombers' ..the MIT security guard apparently heard the 7-11 call on his scanner and went to see what he could do.

After that they carjacked the Mercedes and kept the driver hostage while they drove around to ATM's trying to get money. They dump the driver off unharmed and the driver calls the cops. Police quickly spot the Benz and a pursuit ends when it pulls over. Firefight. Older brother hurls a pressure cooker bomb at a squad car but the lid comes off as it explodes, reducing its effect. Apparently part of the pressure cooker gets embeded in a police car.

Older brother drops from gunshot wounds. Younger brother hops in the Benz and tries to escape, backing up over his brother in the process. Goes a few miles then abandons the car, runs away on foot.

Motorcycle54
The young brother was at his college dorm room yesterday around noon, and gave a lift to someone in his car.

They didnt expect to get caught at all.

Last night after the FBI released the video and photos, the brothers saw that on television and went crazy. They robbed the 7-11 for quick money, saying to the employee there 'we ARE the Marathon Bombers' ..the MIT security guard apparently heard the 7-11 call on his scanner and went to see what he could do.

After that they carjacked the Mercedes and kept the driver hostage while they drove around to ATM's trying to get money. They dump the driver off unharmed and the driver calls the cops. Police quickly spot the Benz and a pursuit ends when it pulls over. Firefight. Older brother hurls a pressure cooker bomb at a squad car but the lid comes off as it explodes, reducing its effect. Apparently part of the pressure cooker gets embeded in a police car.

Older brother drops from gunshot wounds. Younger brother hops in the Benz and tries to escape, backing up over his brother in the process. Goes a few miles then abandons the car, runs away on foot.

Most of this is false.
State police habe come oit and said they were wrong about these two in the robbing of 7/11 or gas stations.
Pressure cooker was.not.exploded. no rwports of any stops to atm machines.
Hand grenafes or pipe bombs were dropped.from.vehicle at officers.

Last edited:
MA governor says stay-in-place order for Boston has been lifted; mass transit has been re-opened. (Reuters)

State Police: "We do not have an apprehension... but we will".

Officials say they believe suspect 2 is still in Massachusetts (Reuters)

Suspect is "very violent and dangerous person", says Col. Timothy Alben, speaking now at briefing: "my message to the suspect is to give himself up" (Reuters)

Last edited:
Only thing i habe gotten from press conference is that the transit system is back up.

" suspects were not.involved in armed.robbery"

Ot;
Fyi the lady in white is.the ***** that made my families.life hell for 4 yts, carmen ortiz;

Last edited:
Caz
Most of this is false.

Just repeating/summarizing what has been reported since this morning.
But the young brother was at his dorm yesterday around noon. They obviously didnt think they were going to be caught. The FBI releases the video/photos yesterday evening and all hell breaks loose.

Anyway, sorry that the MIT guard you knew was killed. They didnt address yet what his role was since its 'an ongoing investigation'

*they were discussing on CBS this morning why they would tell the 7-11 employee they were the marathon bombers. and they also plainly said that a pressure cooker bomb was exploded at the point of the firefight, but it had partially malfunctioned. theres one guy at CBS who seems to have connections, and hes the same one that also said they tried to get money from ATM's with the benz driver still in tow.
thats why they kept him hostage for about 20 minutes.

Last edited:
Caz
Only thing i habe gotten from press conference is that the transit system is back up.

" suspects were not.involved in armed.robbery"

Ot;
Fyi the lady in white is.the ***** that made my families.life hell for 4 yts, carmen ortiz;

Hopefully he gets taken alive so she can get her hands on him. :lol:

I have found 7 news to be the most accurate so far. Last night they got stuck within the crime scene and couldnt leave. Most other stations were running footage from them.
The pressure cooker was found in the middle of the street intact.

For the record, was only trying to clarify some.mistakes in your post, not call you out.

Also, i do not subscribe to any single news organization. Ever. Been victim of journalism and have a hard time believing most of any single source.

Caz
For the record, was only trying to clarify some.mistakes in your post, not call you out.

We both agree that the media can be irresponsible- like CNN saying an arrest had been made (more than 24hrs ago), when that never happened at all.
Its also true that certain media people have sources that sneak them little bits of info, like the brothers declaring they were the marathon bombers to the 7-11 employees, or whatever.

When I read your post about the MIT guard I wished you had said something personal, like a specific memory you had of him, even if it was a couple of years ago. Its too easy for victims to be made into statistics. You mentioned a race track. Did he race? Were fast cars his hobby?

CNN reporting a series of "a couple of dozen shots" fired.

EDIT:
A lot of movement in Watertown, there's something going on.

He was a racer. Just local karting stuff but his brother moved on and is apart of jeff gordons team i believe.
There honestly isnt a whole lot i remember about him. He was around 14 when we were in racing together and i was 21.
He grew up in the next town over from me and we had alot of mutual friends.

Jeff Bauman is a very close friend of a very close friend. Many beers shared with him over the years. He is the one who identified the suspects monday while being wheeled away from the blast site in a wheelchair by the cowboy hat hero ( mr arrendondo?).

Jeff is in recovery now and from what i have been told by visitors is he is in good spirits.

The kid is a hero in my book!

Yep the younger brother is dead. In a boat. In someones backyard.

Caz: thanks for telling me about the guy you knew. kart racer :) thats cool. and Jeff is on a lot of peoples minds too. we havent forgot what happened to him.

Back