• Did not vote/abstained - May's Deal

• Did not vote/abstained - No Deal

• Did not vote/abstained - Second Referendum

• Voted Remain - May's Deal

• Voted Remain - No Deal

• Voted Remain - Second Referendum

Results are only viewable after voting.
Investors making money isn't news.
It is if the manner in which they obtained the information to do so wasn't legal (which was explained in detail in the actual article).

(That aside the Financial Times and similar media companies make a good living out of news of investors making money)

It is if the manner in which they obtained the information to do so wasn't legal (which was explained in detail in the actual article).

(That aside the Financial Times and similar media companies make a good living out of news of investors making money)

The most telling aspect of that story was how many times Farage changed his story on how he came to the conclusion Remain had won and then how much money his friend(s) managed to make that night.

Got a link to the indictments and ongoing prosecutions?
You've said yourself that you don't support insider money-making by nefarious means. What's so different about this case?
I don't like it. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen all the time. It happening in this case isn't news. If money is to be made it'll be made.

Got a link to the indictments and ongoing prosecutions?
The news broke today!

I don't like it. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen all the time. It happening in this case isn't news. If money is to be made it'll be made.
In your opinion, which to be blunt I don;t come even close to agreeing with.

That one of the two main voices for Leave is seemingly involved certainly is news.

In your opinion, which to be blunt I don;t come even close to agreeing with.

That one of the two main voices for Leave is seemingly involved certainly is news.

I think it also highlights something that Leavers seem to forget, if Remain won, Farage and his troop of racists wouldn't have stopped simply because they lost the vote...

“It’s been an extraordinary referendum campaign, turnout looks to be exceptionally high and [it] looks like Remain will edge it. UKIP and I are going nowhere and the party will only continue to grow stronger in the future.”

Oh so you didn't read it.

Bit of a mystery
I read enough to know it's nothing new, it's been happening since money was invented and there are no ongoing prosecutions just allegations and speculation. Get back to me when the prosecution begins and you'll have something.

I read enough to know it's nothing new, it's been happening since money was invented and there are no ongoing prosecutions just allegations and speculation. Get back to me when the prosecution begins and you'll have something.

Well non of that is true is it.
First off how can this be nothing new? This is (from my understanding) the second referendum on European Union membership and the second time that hedge funding investments has paid polling companies for hourly updates on poll data so they can shift money around.
It's also the first time that the unofficial leader of Brexit and it's biggest spokesman has seemingly been found to be trying to influence the markets, helping his friends get massive payouts...

As I quoted earlier;
Odey’s eponymous founder is Crispin Odey, who was both a top fundraiser for Farage and a leading contributor of campaign cash to the pro-Brexit side. His firm made about $300 million from Brexit. “There’s that Italian expression,” Odey boasted to the BBC of his Brexit bounty: “‘Al mattino ha l'oro in bocca’—the morning has gold in its mouth.”

He can't even keep his stories straight about who gave him the information or how he got it.

It's also made clear (in the article you dismissed without reading) that there hasn't even been a prosecution for the potential laws they are breaking as it's a legal grey area.

If you don't mind (as its within the AUP) those interested will continue to discuss it.

If you don't wish to, then feel free to not reply.

I do wonder how this will affect polling going forward and if the government would even want to set up stricter regulations to try and stop what seems to essentially be a nasty feedback loop.

Also, interesting to see that neither the BBC or Sky are running this story

Last edited:
Well non of that is true is it.
First off how can this be nothing new? This is (from my understanding) the second referendum on European Union membership and the second time that hedge funding investments has paid polling companies for hourly updates on poll data so they can shift money around.
It's also the first time that the unofficial leader of Brexit and it's biggest spokesman has seemingly been found to be trying to influence the markets, helping his friends get massive payouts...

As I quoted earlier;

He can't even keep his stories straight about who gave him the information or how he got it.

It's also made clear (in the article you dismissed without reading) that there hasn't even been a prosecution for the potential laws they are breaking as it's a legal grey area.
It's nothing new because the wealthy have been making money on the good and the bad for millenia. When it goes to court and actual legal wrongdoing is proven then you'll have something. Until then it's just speculation isn't it?
If you don't mind (as its within the AUP) those interested will continue to discuss it.

If you don't wish to, then feel free to not reply.
Yeah, don't try and bring the AUP into it. I'm not telling anyone what to do or not do. Get back to me means "let me know", not, "stop talking about this".

It's nothing new because the wealthy have been making money on the good and the bad for millenia. When it goes to court and actual legal wrongdoing is proven then you'll have something. Until then it's just speculation isn't it?

No?
You don’t think it’s in the public interest, that the cheif proponent and most public facing advocate for Brexit who’s whole persona is based on being a ‘normal/real and honest person’ seemingly lied (again!) only to futher his financial backers?

I’ve already explained to you why it’s NEWs, simply broading the scope your argument doesn't make it anymore valid... humans have been making money since the concept existed, how is this new?

Another example of your facile argument; how is this news, people die all the time?

OK.....

....hold on a sec.......
You know exactly what that means. It means I think your claim that I am in need of a reminder about the existence of the AUP in regards to my comment in particular is bogus not in a general sense.

You know exactly what that means. It means I think your claim that I am in need of a reminder about the existence of the AUP in regards to my comment in particular is bogus not in a general sense.
So now you don't want literal interpretations!

Odd when it was me that's exactly what you demanded, just glad you now agree that sometimes things aren't always literal.

You don’t think it’s in the public interest, that the cheif proponent and most public facing advocate for Brexit who’s whole persona is based on being a ‘normal/real and honest person’ seemingly lied (again!) only to futher his financial backers?
The fact that he poses with a pint of Greene King IPA and claims to like beer should be enough of a clue that he's full of 🤬.

This could be interesting, just have to find out which Sky channel BBC NI is..

Edit: if you are in the U.K. you can simply change the region setting on iplayer to Northern Ireland to watch it live.

At least there is a EU summit today and tomorrow where Brexit will surely be the main topic of conversation...

Oh, wait..

https://www.scotsman.com/news/polit...mmit-as-uk-sticks-to-rejected-plans-1-4759706

.. ach well, at least there is plenty of time left.

edit: Of course, the two subjects - migration and Brexit - are intrinsically linked... could the EU come up with a compromise on Free Movement that could undermine the rationale for Brexit??

Last edited:
Sound the like the North American equivalent of having Bill Maher hosting a roundtable discussion world affairs with Ben Affleck, Kim Kardashian, Jim Carrey and Dennis Rodman.

Latest Posts

Back