Britain - The Official Thread

• Thread starter Ross
  • 13,174 comments

How will you vote in the 2024 UK General Election?

• Conservative Party

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Green Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labour Party

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Liberal Democrats

• Other (Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Other Independents

• Other Parties

• Spoiled Ballot

• Will Not/Cannot Vote

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
upload_2016-8-12_21-56-59.png

There really is nothing else to say about that image :lol:

I guess many of the references were late 90's culture... but since it was better than anything for at least a decade before, and at least a decade since, I'd let it go :D

Best comedy of the 21st century so far? I reckon The Office, Phoenix Nights, Peep Show, Green Wing and Black Books might have a claim to that throne.

CqiQcAqW8AA4vVW.jpg:large

My personal favourite is Saxondale... I'm Alan Partridge series 2 counts as 21st century, but it was not a patch on the first series, which is my favourite comedy series of all time. The Office was very good but I reckon it owes massively to Steve Coogan's style of comedy i.e. the cringe factor that Alan Partridge mastered.

Jeremy Corbyn and Owen Smith are debating tonight just a few hundred yards from my flat (in the SECC in Glasgow)... but considering Scottish Labour have so few supporters they couldn't even fill half of nearby Ibrox stadium (let alone Celtic Park), I don't give them much hope of succeeding. Scottish Labour leader Kezia Dugdale has recently come out in support of Smith, almost guaranteeing that Scottish Labour fail to capitalise on Corbyn's popularity, probably condemning Scotland to several more years of being a one-party (Nationalist) state :(

The Office,
Never understood the hype for that. I thought it was just incredibly stupid and not really funny at all.

Jeremy Corbyn and Owen Smith are debating tonight just a few hundred yards from my flat (in the SECC in Glasgow)... but considering Scottish Labour have so few supporters they couldn't even fill half of nearby Ibrox stadium (let alone Celtic Park), I don't give them much hope of succeeding. Scottish Labour leader Kezia Dugdale has recently come out in support of Smith, almost guaranteeing that Scottish Labour fail to capitalise on Corbyn's popularity, probably condemning Scotland to several more years of being a one-party (Nationalist) state :(
I am not sure what people have to gain in supporting Smith. They surely don't expect him to win? Especially with the amount of CLPs that have declared for Corbyn.

One thing I got from Smith though is he seems to be taking everything popular out of Corbyn's book, trying to make it less radical and then putting it across as his own policy.

Oh burn from Corbyn in the debate. Basically saying the only people who asked the same question as Smith just did (whether Jeremy voted in or out of Europe) was the Daily Mail.

As apposed to the Labour party condemning the UK to being a one party Conservative state for many years to come?

You mean like the UK was a one party state from 1979 to 1997 & 1997 to 2010?

Back