<- BTCC -> Honda Integra RM Cup - Red_Leader Champion, Perfect Apex Teams, rolo Independents

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,660 comments

Which Honda?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Put me down pls, plus will it be this Thursday?

OK will do 👍

There will be a test night this Thursday, using whichever car wins the vote. That way we can decide on many things (e.g. tyre selection, wear rate, potential methods of success "penalties" etc etc)

When are we starting the fun Rolo and is there any news regarding the race calendar?

Calendar will be decided by a vote after the car choice is done (so the vote will kick off Tuesday). I'm quite tempted to put an end to this hotlapping stuff that goes in in between races, and do it by not telling anyone which track we're using until race night. I'm aware this might increase the risk of crashes, but it spices things up doesn't it?

The season will kick off once I'm satisfied everything is ready. Hopefully not more than 2 Thursdays will be needed for testing, so fingers crossed it can kick off 3rd/10th October, for say 6 rounds?

I'm quite tempted to put an end to this hotlapping stuff that goes in in between races, and do it by not telling anyone which track we're using until race night. I'm aware this might increase the risk of crashes, but it spices things up doesn't it?
I've had the same thought too. It does give us more problems than it's worth though, potentially more accidents especially on turn 1 and more than likely issues with the pit entry/exit and the pit glitches. All things that we could do without. So on that basis, personally I would stick to the usual format of setting a calendar...... Spice is good, but we want to keep things as clean as possible. :)

Looking forward to Thursday, I'll have to get an RM ready and buy some tyres. Sports Soft is the obvious choice, the tyre wear is usually ideal for a 20 minute race with tyre wear becoming an issue for those that are using a pit-stop stratergy. Just need to ensure that it's still okay with the RM's increased downforce.

Done a few laps in integra rm, its good but its got 2 small problems... 1) gears are not good... Bogs a little 1-2 & 2-3... And has a small bit of understeer...

I think sports soft is way overkill on the RM. Compared to the BTCC FFs it weighs 250kg less, has ~67hp less and crucially, has the addition of front downforce (12)! It can't possibly need the same tyres! I'd happily run SH but would be the minority. I'd settle for SM as a compromise?

I don't really see the problem with running semi-blind track choices. We will know the car and be allowed unlimited practice in that. It's not like the game just came out last week and none of us know the tracks. There's no reason why it should take more than half a dozen laps to get on pace. A quick pit in test and you're good to go.

Or what about changing the format a bit to include a short practice race (to iron out any driver/track issues), followed by 2 longer feature races? Or a short practice race, followed by 3 shorter sprint races? Maybe do away with pit stops altogether? Plenty of scope for tweaking things to suit.

#77 (if RM) with Weezy in Buckfast Racing again. Thanks 👍

Precisely Rob, that's what the test night(s) are all about really.

Format change can be an idea. Perhaps create a different points system for the shorter practice race, or treat it as a qualifying race.

@karsten it's tuning prohibited so success ballast can't be done.

I think sports soft is way overkill on the RM. Compared to the BTCC FFs it weighs 250kg less, has ~67hp less and crucially, has the addition of front downforce (12)! It can't possibly need the same tyres! I'd happily run SH but would be the minority. I'd settle for SM as a compromise?

I don't really see the problem with running semi-blind track choices. We will know the car and be allowed unlimited practice in that. It's not like the game just came out last week and none of us know the tracks. There's no reason why it should take more than half a dozen laps to get on pace. A quick pit in test and you're good to go.

Or what about changing the format a bit to include a short practice race (to iron out any driver/track issues), followed by 2 longer feature races? Or a short practice race, followed by 3 shorter sprint races? Maybe do away with pit stops altogether? Plenty of scope for tweaking things to suit.

#77 (if RM) with Weezy in Buckfast Racing again. Thanks 👍

I'd prefer to run sports hard as well. What are the stock tyres for the Integra RM anyway???

The last one make I know we went up in tyre selection to the SM, but that was so that pit strategy actually came into play. Tyre wear wasn't much on the SH's with the Scion/Toyota/Subaru.

Since this series is stock/tuning prohibited; I would ideally like to run on the tyres the car comes with....But as long as we aren't on racing tyres I won't be too bothered.

Have told Matty-Bacon to join but he not be on this Thursday.
If he does join by posting on here will be Smokey team again.

Also can I book Number 42, that's been my number from school boy motorcross days.
It's now also my age :irked:

Sports softs last forever...I'm currently trying out comfort softs...they are running about 4 seconds a lap slower but I've not done ant real distance on them yet...I'll edit this post in a bit after I've done a few more laps...ok well I've done a few mock races using the sports soft tires and used normal tire wear..the tires easily lasted the whole race..on fast they lasted the whole race and on very fast I needed to change them...I used HSR as my test course only because I'm lazy...Lol...but it's also the least tire effected track...I'll do another test around Autumn ring to be fair...

Last edited:
Autumn ring 11 laps with tire wear on very fast using sports softs is easily doable and it would make pit strategy more important...

Been testing at suzuka and tires last almost full race (sport soft) but after 5-6 laps they get slower and changing is adviced they do well for like7 laps on my driving stile and normal wearm

Fast might be an otion, very fast not at least in my suzuka test.

This is based on the RM polling top but maybe there's potential for splitting the tyre compounds front to rear? I'm not suggesting soft/hard because I think with a pad it would be too difficult. You get quite a lot of oversteer on turn in and mid corner even though lap times, strangely enough, are virtually identical (at GVSr).

Soft/med however feels almost perfectly neutral; no oversteer at all and only a whisker of understeer. Feels nicer than soft/soft which has quite a bit of understeer especially on corner exit.

Something to think about anyway.

No idea about wear rates but if pit stops do get binned maybe turn wear off? It would give more consistancy to peoples laps and would help to offset the difficulty of running a semi-blind track choice each week. So much to decide on yet. Thursday is going to be busy.

And I know it's 8-5 in favour of the RM over the NSX but if you only count the people who are officially signed up it's actually 4-4.

I move my vote to RM so RM still winnin' ;).

Right, next bit of business is the calendar.

Please choose 8 tracks, and list them in order of preference (so the track you want most is 1st, then down to 8th). PM this list to me by Monday 30th. No DLC tracks are allowed.

Please include which variation of track you would like (e.g. circuit layout, weather variation, night/day time etc).

Your lists will be scored according to the 10-8-6-4-2-1 point system, and the 8 with the most points will form the calendar. 👍

Last edited:
That's mr paulmugabe2k9 to you :).

Rolo.. Damn dog, you got my hopes up. (In my PM :P)

Back