<- BTCC -> Honda Integra RM Cup - Red_Leader Champion, Perfect Apex Teams, rolo Independents

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,660 comments

Which Honda?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
since i had to skip the test can someone fill me in on the results and impressions? i'm quite sad we're not going with SS tires, i had a great feeling and control with them

We tried Sports:Soft on Fast wear and I think that was quite OK actually.

so we do not have fixed rules yet? i would like to start and train on the right conditions if possible

I'm waiting to hear on the views of others before I decide anything. Hard to judge though when only 6 people turn up.

The soft felt better to me. Normally I'd be pushing for a harder tyre but with FF the understeer is already painful enough. Never tried soft/soft but the mix I used didn't look to be any slower overall.

Disappointing turnout though. Of the 8 (9 if you include Mr paulmugabe2k9's switched vote) people who picked this car only 2 showed up! Gonna take a long time to decide anything at this rate.

FF understeer, bite your tongue!

I had work can't do anything about that.

I have a NGTC tuned one, 355bhp and RH tyres and she don't be understeerin'.

Too bad about the small number of people showing, but i couldn't be there and brendon is internetyless for another couple of days...

Btw i might be able to make video and commentary for the races, or at least i might give it a try :P

Would you guys point out to me the most interesting battles and race highlights in case? Since we started racing thrice a week it would be very time consuming to watch all races from all pows... Also i would aim at something like a 3 to 5 min per race review...

That woulde be cool Kars! and I do not have internet for a while unless I am at college (Wednesday through Friday). Any tyre would suit me also!

To be fair I do prefer the softs over the mediums..the mediums just felt too slow...
I know that my car needed to be run in a little more as I only had 245 Bhp but still every race rolo and red just pulled away from me...granted its not my fav track but still...
As for the turn out...yeah it was disappointing but oh well we did get some info...I am curious as to how this success ballast is going to work...I'm assuming it's a bhp drop

If it's a bhp drop it would have to be in 10 bhp increments to be able to police it...and yes it's possible to lower the cars bhp as I have tried it and the car is still competitive with a drop of 10 bhp...me and mattybacon just had a race around deepforest with his car at 245 and mine at 236...I won...so it's not too bad...the further you drop it the more drastic it will be but at the end of the day as long as you can stay in touch with the person in fronts slip you should be reasonably ok...

Not really since nothing else can be changed on TP. Only PL can be changed so therefore say it maxes out at 470PP then you can PL to a lower limit, to say 465PP.

If it's a bhp drop it would have to be in 10 bhp increments to be able to police it...and yes it's possible to lower the cars bhp as I have tried it and the car is still competitive with a drop of 10 bhp...me and mattybacon just had a race around deepforest with his car at 245 and mine at 236...I won...so it's not too bad...the further you drop it the more drastic it will be but at the end of the day as long as you can stay in touch with the person in fronts slip you should be reasonably ok...
You can do it in increments of less than 10hp if you use PP instead. 1pp is approx. equal to 2hp. It allows for many more tiers of handicap.

Maybe have some sort of baseline handicap which is in place for the whole season. Then race by race for the podium finishers; 1st -6pp (~12hp) , 2nd -5pp (~10hp), 3rd -4pp (~8hp) or something. Could be made cumulative until a driver finishes off the podium. Just an example but you get the idea. Also plenty of reverse grids.

mrbrendon999
I'm in rolo ol' chum!
Edit: I'm independent for now, until either stig joins or someone offers :P

Im sorry man, I dont wanna let u down but I cant take part, I have alot of college work, my championship to run and I need a break from btcc,
I hope u can get yourself a good team mate

Btw guys the tribute vid of btcc6 will be up soon, depending on how fast it can upload

Didnt even know about this thread , sorry i missed the test session , could of made it too .

Im subscribed to this thread now so ill keep up to date with the latest now .

Tuned prohibited specs for the Integra RM has my interest. I'd like to sign up if possible.

Open spots SK, always welcome a friendly face like you, when your not killing people in the Buzzard ofc ;).

Open spots SK, always welcome a friendly face like you, when your not killing people in the Buzzard ofc ;).

I'll take #47 and be a privateer.

My team will be Caledonia Motorsport

So which is better?

Bern-Marktgasse_4_zpsbffbc198.jpg

Bern-Marktgasse_3_zps0d1fd48a.jpg

And the wildcard..

Bern-Marktgasse_2_zps5affe022.jpg

I like them all very much so a little help would be nice ;).

Im sorry man, I dont wanna let u down but I cant take part, I have alot of college work, my championship to run and I need a break from btcc,
I hope u can get yourself a good team mate

Btw guys the tribute vid of btcc6 will be up soon, depending on how fast it can upload

That's okay mate! :) I understand, I probably failed college now (down on work) so I don't worry aha

I think we need less interest in paint and numbers, and more in tyres, specs, formats, handicaps etc.

I think we need less interest in paint and numbers, and more in tyres, specs, formats, handicaps etc.

Tyre wise I think Sport Softs with Fast wear is good. All agreed?

Specs are done. It's tuning prohibited, so stock.

Formats and handicaps still to solve.

I think maybe offering up the track selection for that week on the Wednesday prior to the race would be good?

Handicaps we would have to test. Thursday needs to be another test night.

I actually prefer a soft/med mix but no-one else seems to be interested. Ok, so still a 3 race format with a reverse championship grid, a qually grid and a reverse grid?

And is using the power limiter always guaranteed to make a car slower? Because I actually ran my last few laps at Nurb on Thursday at 10pp under (20hp) and was still setting fastest laps. I got down to a 15.3 like that. Maybe it was just a better lap but 20hp is a heck of a deficit to make up for! It's almost a 10% power decrease on these cars. Part of me thinks because the Honda is so peaky with it's power delivery and has very little torque, a bit of power limiter might actually improve it?

Tyre wise I think Sport Softs with Fast wear is good. All agreed?

Specs are done. It's tuning prohibited, so stock.

Formats and handicaps still to solve.

I think maybe offering up the track selection for that week on the Wednesday prior to the race would be good?

Handicaps we would have to test. Thursday needs to be another test night.

I still think we should run sports hard since those are the tyres the car had once race modified, but am happy to go with sports soft if thats the general consensus.

Only problem i can see with giving 24 hours notice is some people may be busy on the Wednesday so could end up going into each race without any practice.

Not a fan of handicaps tbh.....don't think people should be disadvantaged for being good

I too think this car is grippy enough with SH tyres. SM would be fine just put tyre wear on very fast. But I'll race with SS if I have to.

Un-run-in spec is 465PP, 238bhp yeah?

Rolo, I can confirm that Skeng and Brendon shall be racing within Humberside Racing for this Season. I'm yet to get a reply from Karsten about him racing this Season..

Team Names yet to be announced! :P

Back