<- BTCC -> Honda Integra RM Cup - Red_Leader Champion, Perfect Apex Teams, rolo Independents

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,660 comments

Which Honda?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are we racing with a blind calendar then?

We can trial run it on Thursday, where I don't tell you which track we're gonna run on to begin with.

We could then alter the format slightly to accommodate a longer qualifying session before Race 1 or a practice race to get everyone up to speed.

Let's see how it goes. I am kinda in favour of it.

Well I just made my track votes....interesting to see what comes of them in the next week or so...mind you being blind it's gonna be interesting no matter what happens...

Yeah sounds good 👍,I'll add you on psn and i shall be there tomorrow...#81 please if it available,independant@ A.G MOTORSPORT.

We can trial run it on Thursday, where I don't tell you which track we're gonna run on to begin with.

We could then alter the format slightly to accommodate a longer qualifying session before Race 1 or a practice race to get everyone up to speed.

Let's see how it goes. I am kinda in favour of it.

Fair enough.

To be honest, I'm dead against the idea, primarily because it takes me time to get the most out the track/car combo. On a fresh track, I'm usually about 3 seconds off my race pace unless I have some time to learn the track/car combo, so the change will probably screw me over. I'm probably not the only one either.....some guys can simply memorise the track and are instantly up to pace and some can't. Those that can't remember the exact lines, best braking points and how much speed to carry through a particular corner will suffer and the racing won't be as close. It's that simple really, yes you can argue that we're all in the same boat, but we were always in the same boat when the calendar was public knowledge. ;)

Anyway, you'll know which track is next, the other stewards may also know too.... Perhaps there'll be some discreet practicing going on behind the scenes. :lol: Advantage Rolo. ;)

Roll on Thursday, it'll be good to see what the new car can do.

Fair enough.

To be honest, I'm dead against the idea, primarily because it takes me time to get the most out the track/car combo. On a fresh track, I'm usually about 3 seconds off my race pace unless I have some time to learn the track/car combo, so the change will probably screw me over. I'm probably not the only one either.....some guys can simply memorise the track and are instantly up to pace and some can't. Those that can't remember the exact lines, best braking points and how much speed to carry through a particular corner will suffer and the racing won't be as close. It's that simple really, yes you can argue that we're all in the same boat, but we were always in the same boat when the calendar was public knowledge. ;)

Anyway, you'll know which track is next, the other stewards may also know too.... Perhaps there'll be some discreet practicing going on behind the scenes. :lol: Advantage Rolo. ;)

Just a trial for now, let's see what happens at the test night. I could change my mind yet. You could say it was the other way around last season in that it favoured those who have many hours available to practice when some of us didn't. Six of one....

Stewards won't know the courses and I won't make my mind up until the last minute either. I don't have much time to practice :P

Just a trial for now, let's see what happens at the test night. I could change my mind yet. You could say it was the other way around last season in that it favoured those who have many hours available to practice when some of us didn't. Six of one....

Stewards won't know the courses and I won't make my mind up until the last minute either. I don't have much time to practice :P

I totally agree, those that had time to practice had the edge, but at least everyone had an opportunity to practice if they needed it, some guys simply don't need a practice run and they can still drive the car to its limit. I'm not one of them.

My opportuity to practice depends on how much work I've got lined up, I'm self-employed so I go from being really busy to having loads of spare time. I've barely turned a wheel in the integra yet, I've got GTA5 now if I'm not playing that the missus is. :lol:

I'm against the surprise track, but it would be ok if we get to know what tracks are in the championship and which do not.

Still practice limitation wouil help even more those with lots of free time for they could train on multiple tracks and had more time to train overall

How is this for an idea 💡 for the track information?

Rolo can ignore me if he likes as I am not entering (don't have enough time on my hands)

You are racing on Thursday's correct?

Why not release the track info 24 hours before the race (Wednesday evening)?

This will mean that even those that have loads of time to practice could only get a maximum of 24 hours practice (and that would mean not sleeping)?

As I say ignore me if you like but reading the discussion I think this might work well and it is just something for you to think about :D

Good luck to you all for your up-coming series 👍

Another idea, the track is revealed at louge opening at 6 and the qulifying starts immediatly and last until race time?

Another idea, the track is revealed at louge opening at 6 and the qulifying starts immediatly and last until race time?

Not great for those that can't join until almost 7. A couple are usually late joining, I was late myself once due to work.

Karsten's idea is quite good but with the constant disconnects certain people have I think qualifying would be very frustrating for some.

The way I see it is that with nothing to adjust except the brake balance, once you've figured that out and spent an hour with it on a few random tracks you should have a very good feel for the car. It's not remotely difficult to drive and everyone knows the tracks by now.

The experienced tuners and spare timers had a significant advantage last season and the ones with little to no tuning knowledge or hardly any spare time were very good about not complaining. I think it's a refreshing change to have everyone starting on equal terms. If some people take longer than others to adapt and get up to speed then that's just where they are in terms of pace, all things being equal. The handicap system, whatever it is, should be able to account for that.

And in one make races you tend to find yourself off line and in and about groups of cars for most of the race anyway so endless hot lapping on the perfect racing line isn't really going to help you. It's more about race craft which you can practice anywhere.

If rolo puts 8 pieces of paper with the track names on in a mug and picks out one a week on Thursday evening I'd trust him to do it honestly. Suggesting he or the stewards would decide in advance and practice is a bit insulting.

I guess whatever is decided nothing is final yet so turn up on Thursday and we'll see what's what. I'm sure we can work it out.

Would be sad for those having a reason like work and might bite me back, but would teach some lazy serial latecomers to be on time :D

If rolo puts 8 pieces of paper with the track names on in a mug and picks out one a week on Thursday evening I'd trust him to do it honestly. Suggesting he or the stewards would decide in advance and practice is a bit insulting.
Please don't take my post the wrong way Rob, I wasn't intending to insult anyone, hence my use of smilies. ;) Just stating the fact that some people may well know what's coming up next and the rest of us are in the dark.

The way I see it is that with nothing to adjust except the brake balance, once you've figured that out and spent an hour with it on a few random tracks you should have a very good feel for the car. It's not remotely difficult to drive and everyone knows the tracks by now.
In that case, why not just put the track list up anyway? :lol:

How does everyone else run their racing series regarding the race calendar? I'm not suggesting that we have to copy them and run to their format, but what's the norm and does it ever cause a problem? This is the only series I've han any involvement in, so I don't know whether anyone else adopts this method of 'hush hush don't tell them what they're racing on'.

As far as I can see, the argument to hide the calendar will be supported by those that don't have the time to practice because it benefits them and those that enjoy practice races want the calendar public so that their efforts are rewarded come race day. :crazy:

Ok I like the idea of 24 hrs notice via this forum...but I am equally as happy with finding out on the night...I like surprises...Lol...we could allow each person to pick a track each week...ie rolo picks Tsukuba..then the next week PleaseD1e picks any other track barring what has been already picked...but it would be a very long series with so many people participating...just an idea...

Just thought I post tracks I like top being most liked:

Circuit de Spa Francorchamps
Laguna Seca
Suzuka Circuit
Tsukuba Circuit (do most my testing here)
Trial Mountain Circuit
Deep Forest Raceway
High Speed Ring

This list does not mean I'm good at them, just that I like them tracks.

Just thought I post tracks I like top being most liked:

Circuit de Spa Francorchamps
Laguna Seca
Suzuka Circuit
Tsukuba Circuit (do most my testing here)
Trial Mountain Circuit
Deep Forest Raceway
High Speed Ring

This list does not mean I'm good at them, just that I like them tracks.

All good tracks and although I don't have spa on this ps3 I have raced on it before and I too love it...but...it's a dlc track...

Lounge open for test night shortly.

Starting the lounge off set to Sports:Medium tyres and Very Fast tyre wear.

since i had to skip the test can someone fill me in on the results and impressions? i'm quite sad we're not going with SS tires, i had a great feeling and control with them

Latest Posts

Back