Bulgari Vision Gran Turismo Set For World Finals Reveal, December 3

• Thread starter Famine
  • 214 comments
Very cool. I think this is at the very heart of Vision Gran Turismo. Open design platform where everything is possible. Embrace the pure aesthetic design side of things without the limitations of mechanics. Except the fact to have 3+ wheels to qualify as "a car".

All of the digital dashes in the new cars make me sad and miss the wonderful mechanics and art design we have seen in dashboard over the past 120+ years. Now its just digital art that cant reflect the lights or create shadows.

Last edited:
mef
I’m looking forward to seeing yacht promotions next and sponsorship by premium golf and tennis brands.
No you're not, you're looking forward to being salty about it a whining about it.
mef
but it’s nothing to celebrate for what it means for GT
That's fine for you, not everyone is going to celebrate every aspect of car culture that GT introduces. There's elements I'd be okay with the game skipping, there's elements I wish they'd introduce or do more with, but I don't feel the need to splatter the forum with my disapproval every time I don't like something, and then claim I'm doing it on behalf everyone in the community.

I understand not liking VGTs,i understand the frustration about them taking the space of. a real car.
I will never understand why some are surprised by every new VGT announcement or the surprise that non car brands have a VGT...like this has been a thing since 2005,that's more than a decade to understand that PD likes doing these deals

Viper: 90’s Hooters edition

Vette: Team Redkin

Super Beattle: Golden Midget, Warhol edition

Bmw: Team Tidy Whitey
Delorean Black Pearl edition by Zero Halliburton.

I really think a Zero Halliburton (yes, those metal attaché and luggage cases) is missing an opportunity here. I used to work for a retail luggage company. Back then, Zero did a case called "The Daytona" which was flat red on the outside and the inside simulated the seats of a Ferrari Daytona:

1701178944705.jpeg
1701178960169.jpeg

Why not a new DeLorean case to go with the new DeLorean?

Bulgari does make cutting-edge timepieces. And classics like their Serpenti, too.
Maserati MC20 Museum Watch Edition by MOVADO.

That's my favorite watch on the planet. Was fortunate to have one gifted to me on a landmark birthday.
images

Pretty sure these cars would be less irritating if Sony (PD) would fix the long medium rubber band tension which counts as feedback while cornering. If you read the DD Pro thread on fanatecs boards its 26 pages which have trickled to a crawl because their, ‘ambassadors’ have been boycotting the game for months…

Very cool. I think this is at the very heart of Vision Gran Turismo. Open design platform where everything is possible. Embrace the pure aesthetic design side of things without the limitations of mechanics. Except the fact to have 3+ wheels to qualify as "a car".

All of the digital dashes in the new cars make me sad and miss the wonderful mechanics and art design we have seen in dashboard over the past 120+ years. Now its just digital art that cant reflect the lights or create shadows.
It'd be cool if a brand stepped up and made a Vision GT dedicated to being a completely analog supercar but with modern car design and engine technology. Analog gauges and all.

No you're not, you're looking forward to being salty about it a whining about it.

That's fine for you, not everyone is going to celebrate every aspect of car culture that GT introduces. There's elements I'd be okay with the game skipping, there's elements I wish they'd introduce or do more with, but I don't feel the need to splatter the forum with my disapproval every time I don't like something, and then claim I'm doing it on behalf everyone in the community.
I think you are confusing car culture with product placement.
the engineering of these Vgt cars is fake or at best exaggerated.
What is not exaggerated is the marketing aspect.

Last edited:
mef
I think you are confusing car culture with product placement.
I'm simply not drawing a distinction between one company wanting to do a design exercise and another. I'm not seeing people getting pissy when companies or people primarly known for designing cars, design other things, Pininfarina, Ital/Guigaro for example, perhaps DesignWorks... or even Phil Frank Design... so why get pissy when designers from other sectors want to do cars? I suspect the answer to that is simply gatekeeping.

mef
the engineering of these Vgt cars is fake or at best exaggerated.
Such is the nature of concept cars. They often represent an idea (you could say a concept, or even a vision) before it gets pulled apart, watered down by manufacturing requirements, massaged by regulations and legislation, and re-moulded by bean counters, or in some cars, built to rule book that rules out many things that would give a performance advantage.

Over 10 years ago PD asked an energy drinks company "If you built the fastest racing car on land, one that throws aside all rules and regulations, what would that car look like, how would it perform, and how would it feel to drive?", and we got the Red Bull X2010... that car has/had what I'd regard unreal performance, that would out perform most, if not all VGT's, and if Adrian Newey thinks that's what could possibly be achievable without rules, regulations or budgetary constraints, I'm prepared to accept that. Ultimately if your benchmark for what is possible performance wise, is 'real' road cars, or 'real' race cars, then that performance benchmark is already artificially lower than it could/should be.

Don't get me wrong, there's clearly elements of some of the VGT's that go beyond that, the X2 being the obvious example, which takes a valid principle of laser propulsion to explore what a car that can lend all of it's grip circle to lateral forces because traction isn't required (interesting idea), but then waves it's hands and says power comes from an air-powered engine.... but the X2 isn't representative of all VGT's, and disliking one car shouldn't rule out anything else vaguely like it.

I do find it amusing when people refer to VGT's as SpACeSHIps when of the two cars in Gran Turismo that found their way into space, neither are VGTs.
mef
What is not exaggerated is the marketing aspect.
Yes, all marketing should be banned, damned corporate greed. /s.

Not the nicest thing but front reminds me like a 80s concept car , cockpit looks cool tho
FWA7OvJX0AEqvWt.jpg:large

Last edited:
I think it's pretty cool! I'll gladly take more interesting designs like this over some of the seemingly lower-effort VGTs, like those from Mitsubishi, BMW, Toyota, Lexus, and Subaru.

EDIT: I'd totally be down to see more non-automaker brands try their hands at VGTs - especially watchmakers, like Citizen. Though I'd sooner prefer to see more automaker-based ones. Especially if it means some brands get to enter another one, like we've seen with Jaguar, Alpine, and Peugeot. Would love to see a new Pininfarina-designed VGT, too - one that's actually under the Pininfarina brand, perhaps alongside the Battista.

Last edited:
Back