Capp Cup v3.0 - SEASON 3 COMPLETE! DSGERBC CHAMP!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,699 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Menown
We NEED someone to run a Karting night on GT5 IMO

I would definitely take part in a well put together karting series on GT5... Run all 3 classes in one night, 1-2 races per class. When I venture into the open lobby, I end up in a kart room 99.9% of the time.

Suby love. Got mine when I moved to the NW. Used with 130K. Have driven it to 250K with no problem's. can't think of another car that could do that, especially a domestic. Spend a lot of my time driving up and down hills too. Owns the snow. Not sure how Suby calls a 4 speed auto a GT car, but whatever. I love it, but will definitely get a 5 speed next time or at least OD. 3,000 RPM and 70MPH is geared to low for Highway cruising, but still gives it some pop for a 4 banger. Want a turbo GT wagon someday.

Hi everyone,
It's been awhile since I joined the initial alfa run and I can tell you I've been missing it. Apart from that run with the irish aardvark, gt5 has been eluding me due to family commitments. But all this talk of safety and subies got me excited, and gave me an idea for a theme.. family ...safety, hmmm.................., then it hit me estate cars. RS6, Stagea, Legacy's etc, A Soccer moms race night! Although we're technically not mothers, it could be due to wet weather us lucky partners get to take out these sleepers to spa in the rain. Nothing formal as such, just fun whaddyathink ?
As I'm in the future here I'd have to discuss times with any interested racers (or soccer dads lol) being GMT +11 has its downsides.
Dave

Hi everyone,
It's been awhile since I joined the initial alfa run and I can tell you I've been missing it. Apart from that run with the irish aardvark, gt5 has been eluding me due to family commitments. But all this talk of safety and subies got me excited, and gave me an idea for a theme.. family ...safety, hmmm.................., then it hit me estate cars. RS6, Stagea, Legacy's etc, A Soccer moms race night! Although we're technically not mothers, it could be due to wet weather us lucky partners get to take out these sleepers to spa in the rain. Nothing formal as such, just fun whaddyathink ?
As I'm in the future here I'd have to discuss times with any interested racers (or soccer dads lol) being GMT +11 has its downsides.
Dave

That sounds a great idea Marty!

Do we need to bring child seats, buggies (strollers?), a thermos of tea?
Seriously though, that would fit really nicely into either the PP lounge or the spec race lounge. I think I've driven the volvo estate once, but felt I was missing a pipe and slippers. :) Perhaps that's another idea for a series: Cars old folks drive! Mind you, there's a professor in work who must be 65+ who drives a DB7.

Definately a good idea though. The good thing about having the lounges set up is that anyone can hold an event in them and you don't have to be friends with the host to join in the fun. Just post that you are holding an event (we'll have somewhere in the new group to do this) and then everyone can join in.

If you're 11 hours ahead of me, and I'm 5 hours ahead of the Scooby Club of Indianapolis, timing may be difficult. 9pm here would be 4pm in the USA and 8am the next day with you. 9pm with you would be 10am here and 5 am in the USA. Hmm. This needs some serious thinking!

RDAardvark
If you're 11 hours ahead of me, and I'm 5 hours ahead of the Scooby Club of Indianapolis, timing may be difficult. 9pm here would be 4pm in the USA and 8am the next day with you. 9pm with you would be 10am here and 5 am in the USA. Hmm. This needs some serious thinking!

Simple solution, we race DeLorean's. ;)

Don't think any of the gears come white frazzled hair, nor labcoat ;)
I've gotta look into these wagons though as I picked up the IS200 estate version and am itching to see how the family runs. Searching for Saturday morning parking has prepared me for this lol

I had actually talked to Brandon about that near the end of the Capp season. I had very similar ideas of running all 3 classes. My thought was actually to have a big night with a point system. Basically the layout was something like this (on the Kart Space track)
race 1 (15 laps): JRs, winner receives 200k car
race 2 (20 laps): 100, winner receives 500k car
race 3 (25 laps): 125s, winner receives 950k car
Each race would have a motocross style point system, person with lowest points at the end of the night would be considered the overall winner and would be able to choose from any ticket.

Something like that...I just got to busy with other stuff this past month and never followed through.

Don't think any of the gears come white frazzled hair, nor labcoat ;)

I beg to differ. Meet my #1 B-Spec driver, E. Brown. :)

docbrowngt5.jpg

Hi all...
Long time, no hear... :)

I just want to let you fellow Cappies and Alfies know that despite of my 'silence' in the past weeks, I haven't left you...!
But time seems not to be in excess in these days, both at work and privately, so I won't be able to participate much in racing nor in this thread. :ouch:

As a feedback on the new lounges, I think that the new setup really looks nice, and I do look forward to January, where I presume the Alfa-cup will start.. (?) 👍
Hopefully the pressure will have eased then..

Should the opportunity arise, and I get some unexpected spare-time, I sure will come here to check if there should be some race about to start in any of the lounges... :D

Cheers to all... :cheers:

Great to see you're still hanging around! The Alfa season won't officially start until after the new year so hopefully things will have settled down by then. Even if they stay hectic, we don't require a 100% commitment to be able to race with us, just show up whenever you can!

Hope to see you on track soon. :)

I would definitely take part in a well put together karting series on GT5... Run all 3 classes in one night, 1-2 races per class. When I venture into the open lobby, I end up in a kart room 99.9% of the time.

I agree, I just started running in the pdi 100 championship on here, loads of fun.

I had actually talked to Brandon about that near the end of the Capp season. I had very similar ideas of running all 3 classes. My thought was actually to have a big night with a point system. Basically the layout was something like this (on the Kart Space track)
race 1 (15 laps): JRs, winner receives 200k car
race 2 (20 laps): 100, winner receives 500k car
race 3 (25 laps): 125s, winner receives 950k car
Each race would have a motocross style point system, person with lowest points at the end of the night would be considered the overall winner and would be able to choose from any ticket.

Something like that...I just got to busy with other stuff this past month and never followed through.

And Yuri makes 5. All someone has to do is take the bull by the horns and set it up in one of the lounges. I like Autumn Ring Mini for the karts as well, maybe Tsukuba and the 125 on Monte Carlo is faster than the Alfa or Cappy.

All someone has to do is take the bull by the horns and set it up in one of the lounges.

/me pushes TrackBound7 forward (hand over my mouth) I'll do it!

What was that TB? You will do it? Cool.

But seriously, even if it was just for fun without all the points keeping and stuff, it would be a hoot.

I got no problem doing it. I think first it would be a good idea to have a couple of play around nights of just experimenting with different karts on different tracks. I think Kart Space would be cool...I really need some more practice on that one though. I know when I played around one night I was struggling bad with braking (something no other tracks seems to require very much of with the karts).

The Alfa Zagato Cup Thread is now LIVE!!! We're going to move all discussion over to this new thread starting immediately. It's still a bit of a work in progress but I have the framework up and running!

See you on the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back