Capp Cup v3.0 - SEASON 3 COMPLETE! DSGERBC CHAMP!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,699 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see some fellow Subaru owners in here. I own a 2001 Impreza 2.5RS, and as much as I like the VW Golf GTI (sans reliability), I can't really see myself owning anything other than a Subaru... Now if for some reason Alfa were to bring the Giulietta over here in GTA/Cloverleaf spec, I'd buy one in a heartbeat!

All these Scooby owners. It's a conspiracy.

What do I drive? Well a Jeep GCL "Overland" daily. But got a car.

plates say "F8L VIII" ;)

I prefer the Evo in game, drives better, looks better. Didn't randomly become a hatchback then change back again :)

I don't think I'd ever buy either in real life, but I have been looking at the Legacy as a nice 4 door.

I prefer the Evo in game, drives better, looks better. Didn't randomly become a hatchback then change back again :)
I thought STI's were faster in the game, untuned. After spec2.0 at least.
I don't think I'd ever buy either in real life, but I have been looking at the Legacy as a nice 4 door.
New ones are beyond ugly, imo.

I thought STI's were faster in the game, untuned. After spec2.0 at least.

New ones are beyond ugly, imo.

Edit: Dayumm they really did beat it with the ugly stick, those fenders ugh. Jeez.

Last edited:
That is the advantage of driving it, you don't have to look at it :)
If you have an airport-like sleeve to get you to the car :dopey:

Legacy with a 4-banger and CVT is also dangerously slow. Drove'em few times as loaners during service. About zero passing power on the HWY. Floor it, lotsa noise and almost no acceleration.

Hi all...
Long time, no hear... :)

I just want to let you fellow Cappies and Alfies know that despite of my 'silence' in the past weeks, I haven't left you...!
But time seems not to be in excess in these days, both at work and privately, so I won't be able to participate much in racing nor in this thread. :ouch:

As a feedback on the new lounges, I think that the new setup really looks nice, and I do look forward to January, where I presume the Alfa-cup will start.. (?) 👍
Hopefully the pressure will have eased then..

Should the opportunity arise, and I get some unexpected spare-time, I sure will come here to check if there should be some race about to start in any of the lounges... :D

Cheers to all... :cheers:

Menown

Since you have kids I HIGHLY recommend any Subaru, they are probably the safest car in North America. I believe they are the only manufacturer to receive 5 Star crash ratings on all their models. They are built differently than most cars and have a strong focus on safety. I would suggest a 2008 or earlier though, I believe it was 2009 when they abandoned the frameless windows which IMO was one of their best safety features because even if your car got mangled you'd likely still be able to open the door. If the door can open then safety workers can get to you faster and don't need the Jaws of Life. 👍

I believe it was 2009 when they abandoned the frameless windows which IMO was one of their best safety features because even if your car got mangled you'd likely still be able to open the door. If the door can open then safety workers can get to you faster and don't need the Jaws of Life. 👍
2009 legacy, or outback are the last with rimless windows. Outback XT or 3.0R is probably an ideal vehicle for a small family.

I believe it was 2009 when they abandoned the frameless windows which IMO was one of their best safety features because even if your car got mangled you'd likely still be able to open the door. If the door can open then safety workers can get to you faster and don't need the Jaws of Life. 👍

Ive always wondered why they had frameless windows. I just assumed they wanted it to sound like your windows were shattering when you closed to door with the windown cracked. I agree on the Subaru loyalty too, I have only owned Subaru and plan on keeping it that way. Unless one of my lottery tickes pays off, then Im going directly to the Lotus dealer.

Naptown25rs
Not to jump very far off-topic, but I thought I would post this article for the IndyCar fans in the group... A lot of interesting insight from one of my medical heroes.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/brant_james/12/08/new.indy.car.safety/index.html

Awesome read. 👍

Speaking of, I'm going to be seeing some of IndyCar and NASCAR's finest go head-to-head in the first annual Indy Karting Classic this Sunday at Conseco Fieldhouse. :)

November 10, 2011 - After gaining momentum earlier in the month, the Indy Karting Classic gained a huge boost today with the confirmation of participation from IZOD IndyCar Series drivers Scott Dixon and Graham Rahal. Taking place on Sunday, December 11, in conjunction with the International Motorsports Industry Show (IMIS), the Indy Karting Classic is a one day event to help promote the sport of karting on the grandest of stages.

With Scott Dixon and Graham Rahal joining Alex Tagliani, Tomas Scheckter, Ryan Hunter-Reay and Jay Howard, the IZOD IndyCar Series team for the Indy Karting Classic is now complete. With Tony Stewart, AJ Allmendinger and Austin Dillon set to battle from the NASCAR ranks, look for further driver announcements in the coming weeks as the Indy Karting Classic gets set for it's inaugural event in 2011.

http://indykartingclassic.com/

Awesome read. 👍

Speaking of, I'm going to be seeing some of IndyCar and NASCAR's finest go head-to-head in the first annual Indy Karting Classic this Sunday at Conseco Fieldhouse. :)

November 10, 2011 - After gaining momentum earlier in the month, the Indy Karting Classic gained a huge boost today with the confirmation of participation from IZOD IndyCar Series drivers Scott Dixon and Graham Rahal. Taking place on Sunday, December 11, in conjunction with the International Motorsports Industry Show (IMIS), the Indy Karting Classic is a one day event to help promote the sport of karting on the grandest of stages.

With Scott Dixon and Graham Rahal joining Alex Tagliani, Tomas Scheckter, Ryan Hunter-Reay and Jay Howard, the IZOD IndyCar Series team for the Indy Karting Classic is now complete. With Tony Stewart, AJ Allmendinger and Austin Dillon set to battle from the NASCAR ranks, look for further driver announcements in the coming weeks as the Indy Karting Classic gets set for it's inaugural event in 2011.

http://indykartingclassic.com/

Sounds like a great event, wish I didn't have to work that day... I definitely enjoy having a world class karting track right down the road from where I live. If you've never seen a top-tier kart race in person (Stars of Karting, etc...), you should check it out. Incredible racing!

^ I'm thinking about looking into buying a kart to go racing out there. It is a world class facility and barely 30 minutes away from me. I got over 3 grand from the insurance company for my motorcycle, it's very tempting. I'm going to research it over the winter. I read that they will rent the karts on non-race days for fun and they're pretty cheap, might do that first to see what it's like. :)

^Karting is fun. Before I moved to MI, local autox club had an off-season karting league and the battles were pure awesomeness (although necessitated investing in rib-cage and neck support). Now the nearest karting facility is 1+ hour away. I still go there, but once or twice a year when I'm in the area.

Some crazy guys also ran their carts @autox events, but I always cringed when they were catching air after pretty minor bumps on the pavement.

I did a bit of karting in the north east of England. Tons of fun. We probably barley hit 30, but with your balls less than an inch of the ground it feels like an X2010. Totally recommend it.

I read that they will rent the karts on non-race days for fun and they're pretty cheap, might do that first to see what it's like. :)

The rental karts at NCMP are no joke... About as close to the real thing as you can get. I believe they top out in the 45-50mph area, and they make you wear a full-face helmet and neck brace. Definitely not like the typical rental karts at the local putt-putt course.

Never been to one of those. I suppose I should go once, just for the giggles.

There is a place that I enjoyed going to when I was younger... They had a slightly banked oval track that they put baby powder on, and the karts looked liked winged sprint cars with slick tires. The karts actually had enough oopmf that you could maintain a slide in the corners like real dirt track racing. I blew tons of money there...

Since you have kids I HIGHLY recommend any Subaru, they are probably the safest car in North America. I believe they are the only manufacturer to receive 5 Star crash ratings on all their models. They are built differently than most cars and have a strong focus on safety. I would suggest a 2008 or earlier though, I believe it was 2009 when they abandoned the frameless windows which IMO was one of their best safety features because even if your car got mangled you'd likely still be able to open the door. If the door can open then safety workers can get to you faster and don't need the Jaws of Life. 👍

I feel a lot safer in my Denali pickup than in a Subaru...lol.

I raced Karts when I was Little Johnny and a little bit as an adult and I highly recommend it as a the cheapest form of true motorsport. I say "cheap" because it's a relative term, meaning a season will cost you as little as few thousand dollar not a few million dollars...:crazy:

If you can find something like this:

http://cameronmotorsports.com/

in your local area I highly recommend it. Cameron Motorsports sets up a bunch of equal racing karts and you come and "rent" them and race, sort of like IROC. You pay $99 for the year and then $50 a week for practice, two heats and a final, or at least that's what it was last time I was there. For less than $1000 a year you can race nearly 20 weeks, and all you need to buy is your own helmet, neckbrace and suit. Hell of a deal, can let you see what it's like to race karts without having to buy a kart, trailer and bunch of parts and find out you don't like it or it's more expensive than you thought.

Naptown25rs
There is a place that I enjoyed going to when I was younger... They had a slightly banked oval track that they put baby powder on, and the karts looked liked winged sprint cars with slick tires. The karts actually had enough oopmf that you could maintain a slide in the corners like real dirt track racing. I blew tons of money there...

Ha! Is it the one on the east side of Muncie by the Pizza King? I've been to that one a couple times, it was more fun than I thought it would be for such a tiny track. Weak karts but the powder and banking made it real fun.

I think there's still a putt-putt kart track on the south side of Anderson. Been to that one several times, they were incredibly slow and they would kill your motor if you made contact. Lame.

StigsHero
Ha! Is it the one on the east side of Muncie by the Pizza King? I've been to that one a couple times, it was more fun than I thought it would be for such a tiny track. Weak karts but the powder and banking made it real fun.

I think there's still a putt-putt kart track on the south side of Anderson. Been to that one several times, they were incredibly slow and they would kill your motor if you made contact. Lame.

The place I went to was in Avon, IN... I didn't even know there was a rental kart place Muncie. :dunce:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back