Capp Cup v3.0 - SEASON 3 COMPLETE! DSGERBC CHAMP!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,699 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Alfa is definitely easier to drive...much more forgiving. Smooth is still faster though. I found last night at Daytona I was pushing the car too hard. It definitely takes it and was relatively easy to maintain control (odd seeing how I dumped it a couple of times...that was 100% driver, no problem with the car). The fastest lap I had which was getting closer to the qualifying times was when I was backing up some of my braking points and entering a little smoother. I still need to do a full break in on mine. Perhaps that is why I kept messing up ;)

StigsHero
Poker got cancelled tonight so I suddenly have this extra time on my hands. Anybody up for some Recommended Garage racing in the SpecRace lounge? I have a few things I'd like to try out. :)

Time?

Maybe 7ish (EST)? About an hour from now. I'm gonna eat some dinner and then be online, if anybody wants to join send a FR to ORCA_SpecRace1 (if you haven't already). I'm thinking some FR cars, some AWD cars and maybe even some NASCAR's?

The ORCA_SpecRace1 lounge is open for some Recommended Garage racing (good thing because this account only has a Nissan Cube!). I'm logged into that account so I can accept friend requests if anybody wants to join.

*Closed*

Last edited:
150 miles and an oil change= 176
getting there
How long to they stay at 178 once you get them there?
Will I need a second car? or a rebuild at some point?

I personally change my oil before any race I do. As well some cars I rebuild the engine and chassis before tuning and if we do test races again before race.

There are some people say the chassis gets better with age. Then goes away.

I figure of I tune on a fresh chassis. I just keep it fresh.

Do note b spec grinder makes me loads of credits. Always around 20million in bank and several million more in b spec bobs accounts. ;)

Yeah. I wish this game was more up front about the rebuilds and chassis rebuilds etc.
and what the actual formula for decay was. Oh well, I lapped the Ring in it and it was super fun and handled the curbing quite well there. Did not like clipping trial mountains chicane before the finish line or after the tunnel apex turn. It did however let me do a chassis rebuild after 150 miles. No Crashes, just some sloppy/enthusiastic driving at times. Has anyone ever checked the lap times before and after a rebuild, or noticed a difference in the car?

One thing I learned in the Ton's of Fun Shootout in test driving a bunch of different cars on SS all over 1650kgs is that two people can drive the same car, have pretty much the same lap time, and have a completely different impression of the car.

Praiano and I both drove the Jag XKR 10' and I thought it was absolutely brilliant, 9.75/10, an almost perfect tune, and ranked it number one in it's group. He thought it was a little below average and ranked it 4th of 6. Another car I thought was soft and floaty and a bit understeery on entry and exit, he ranked first overall and gave it a near perfect 9.5/10. And yet our laptimes were so close you could throw a blanket over them.

Part of it must just be personal preference, you like a car to handle a certain way and that's what inspires confidence in you, regardless of the laptimes. But I think another part of it is your equipment. I find the DFGT does not allow a lot of fine throttle control, even with my bungee cord mod, or at least not for me anyway, so I don't like cars with high LSD settings or that can easily become stable under hard accel. Perhaps his equipment is different from mine and so he likes cars to behave a certain way because it works better with his set up.

I struggled tuning the Cappy for three seasons. Sometimes I got it right and it was on rails and sometimes it felt like it was on ice. I had it going in the preseason at Tsukuba, at Madrid I did pretty well, but I struggled with grip at Suzuka and Grand Valley and was off the pace. I enjoyed the racing when I felt like I had some control over the car, but was a little flustered at other times and just couldn't get a good feel for it no matter what I did..:crazy:...lol.

Had some decent fun last night with the recommended garage racing. I just found out about how that works not too long ago, I think it's a nice tool to use for "pickup races" like that since everybody has the car and we don't need to worry about having time for tuning or planning. The Challenger and Maserati seemed to run pretty well together, as did the Evo and STI. I have a few other pairings of cars I'd like to try out, maybe this can be a semi-regular thing in the SpecRace lounge on random nights. 👍

This isn't related to anything but thought you guys would get a kick out of it. This happened on my local news broadcast last night, and I'm still chuckling about it.

Hit her right in the face!!

imagesnvu.jpg

Had some decent fun last night with the recommended garage racing. I just found out about how that works not too long ago, I think it's a nice tool to use for "pickup races" like that since everybody has the car and we don't need to worry about having time for tuning or planning. The Challenger and Maserati seemed to run pretty well together, as did the Evo and STI. I have a few other pairings of cars I'd like to try out, maybe this can be a semi-regular thing in the SpecRace lounge on random nights. 👍

If anyone is coming out to play on Saturday, perhaps we could do some of this before we get the Alfas out?

I pulled an epic "Brandon" last night racing the Maserati at Leguna Seca. Someone spun out exiting the quick left before the uphill the the 'screw. Huge cloud of smoke, I aim right, bam! face to face with another Maserati. :D All I could think was, "Hey, this is Brandon's job."

I raced the STI at the short course and really liked, then the Evo at GVE and loved it. That Evo X is amazing, I could plant the accelerator anywhere on a corner and it would just hold the line, no understeer pushing me to the outside. I kept feeling I had left time on the track everywhere. It really impressed me.

I love the new lounge system. This week I have raced with you guys every night.

I pulled an epic "Brandon" last night racing the Maserati at Leguna Seca. Someone spun out exiting the quick left before the uphill the the 'screw. Huge cloud of smoke, I aim right, bam! face to face with another Maserati. :D All I could think was, "Hey, this is Brandon's job."

I raced the STI at the short course and really liked, then the Evo at GVE and loved it. That Evo X is amazing, I could plant the accelerator anywhere on a corner and it would just hold the line, no understeer pushing me to the outside. I kept feeling I had left time on the track everywhere. It really impressed me.

I love the new lounge system. This week I have raced with you guys every night.

You've got a "Yuri" in your bag of reference tricks and now a "Brandon"...lol..:)

This is but a small glimpse of the potential of the lounge system. Imagine 95 active drivers with different organized and spot events events on a regular basis, all as considerate and professional as the Capp Cuppers, a prerequisite to continuing membership. I'm hoping there will end up being something just about every day, and multiple options at that!!!

I don't know how I got dragged into this mess!! :lol:

The schedule for the Alfa season is official!

orcaalfaschedule.jpg

Last edited:
That is a very good schedule, usually there is one or two tracks I dislike, but I couldnt have put that together better myself. 👍

I'd like to see all of those as well as Brands Hatch, Road America and Lime Rock. Please Santa???
:) <------hopes wearing a Santa hat will help convince him!

I'd like to see all of those as well as Brands Hatch, Road America and Lime Rock. Please Santa???
:) <------hopes wearing a Santa hat will help convince him!

I would love to see Road America added, only thing is forza has Road America, so there could be some conflict there. That being said that track would be so cool in gt5, it has everything one could ask for, tight sections, big straights, hard braking, would make for a classic track.

Damn Forza.

Johnny was talking about the brake pedals on the DFGT earlier and I happened to stumble across this (old) thread where a guy did some serious work to the DFP and the pedals (basically the same as the DFGT) so I thought I'd share. Scroll down a bit to see the pictures of how he modified the pedals, they look pretty nice and at the very least have more travel then they did before.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58071

Great job on the alfa schedule, it looks great. I had a ton of fun running last night even if I had to take off early. I would love to do any racing with the drivers from the capp series anytime, its so much better than random rooms online. This lounge thing is starting to change the game for me. But I will never be caught dead in anything mitsubishi makes, Ill stand behind Subaru untill I die. And I would like to see a longer race at the Top Gear Test Track, look both ways at the crossover.

Great job on the alfa schedule, it looks great. I had a ton of fun running last night even if I had to take off early. I would love to do any racing with the drivers from the capp series anytime, its so much better than random rooms online. This lounge thing is starting to change the game for me. But I will never be caught dead in anything mitsubishi makes, Ill stand behind Subaru untill I die. And I would like to see a longer race at the Top Gear Test Track, look both ways at the crossover.

We'll see, I hope the lounge system works out but there are a lot of "catches". I think we've accounted for most of them but we will always be on the lookout for any new ones that arise. Last night was a good little test, I just made a simple post in the thread saying what I wanted to race and where I'd be racing it, and we had 6 or 7 people show up which I consider a good turnout for a random pick-up race.

That's how I picture it all working, but anybody can make the post saying they'll be racing "these cars" in "this lounge" anytime they want (providing there isn't already something going on in the lounge). We're working on making "suggested lists" of cars/events/PP levels that will be posted for everyone, which we hope will take even more of the work off of the members shoulders....just pick something out of the list that sounds fun and tell everyone where you'll be running them. They won't be "required" lists, just suggestions so you guys don't have to spend time planning the race if you don't want to. 👍

I too am Subie till I die, I own one IRL and doubt I'll ever own anything else. But I wanted to test the Lancer out last night since everyone else was in the Subie (better pictures!) and it was fun to drive......even if it did randomly veer left-to-right-to-left-to-right on the straights.

I too am Subie till I die, I own one IRL and doubt I'll ever own anything else.
I do like Subies and drive one currently, but atm in their car lineup only STI interests me, and it's gonna require like $2-$3k to make it acceptable for street use. So, sadly, I'm not too sure my next car is gonna be Subie. I'll have a long hard look at the BRZ, though.

Testdrove an EVO X MR few months back. I'm not risking my spine alignment/dental filling integrity etc...

^inadequate damping for the deteriorating roads around here. Decent double-adjustable coilovers with 'german' valving help a lot to make it streetable @soft settings while keeping it track-worthy at higher damping rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back